PDA

View Full Version : Humblebrag Thread

Gold Leaf
2022-05-04, 03:10 PM
Ladies, gentlemen, and guys, this is a thread I made for people to humbly brag about just how far they've come in life. Don't be shy, give boasting your achievements a try! It always picks me up.

Smoutwortel
2022-06-08, 05:03 PM
Ladies, gentlemen, and guys, this is a thread I made for people to humbly brag about just how far they've come in life. Don't be shy, give boasting your achievements a try! It always picks me up.

I succesfully wrote a program and an encryption algorithm that do things I've found no other products that claim to achieve the same +the encryption algorithm does something many believe to be mathematical impossible, but I also have mathematical proof of why it works including a specification about why those others are wrong..

Kama Itachi
2022-06-11, 01:01 AM
I've recently contributed to the forest of all knowledge. I digitized one of the Eberron RPGA modules and sent it off to a few possibly interested parties. They haven't posted it yet, but I'm more than happy to email a copy to anyone who asks.

Also, I just got the four known Xen'drik Expeditions modules (pretty sure there's at least one missing/unreleased one), so I'm about to do it again.

Also also, part of the process for making it a really good PDF release apparently involves editing part of the PDF file using a plain-text editor to manually add document attributes.

MoonCat
2022-06-11, 07:50 AM
Well, to be humble, it took three years instead of one, and I can't even fully blame the pandemic for that.

But to brag, this spring I submitted my thesis and have finished my Master's in Cambridge. :smallsmile:

Peelee
2022-06-11, 07:53 AM
Well, to be humble, it took three years instead of one, and I can't even fully blame the pandemic for that.

But to brag, this spring I submitted my thesis and have finished my Master's in Cambridge. :smallsmile:

And now onto a doctorate at Oxford!

For reals, though, very impressive. Congratulations!

Willie the Duck
2022-06-13, 07:26 AM
I have real one: The doctor who, ~25 years ago suggested I'd be unlikely to ever hold down a full-time position -- this past weekend they emailed me* and asked if his grandson (an MBA student at my alma mater) could have an informational interview about my organization and the roles I've had in it.
*not out of the blue, we've been in touch.

And a funny one: my local grocer is having a 'By one, get one of equal or lesser-value free' sale on both chicken breasts and salmon fillets (both priced by weight). For each food item, I found two pairs apiece where two packages cost exactly the same, maximizing my savings! For some reason, this second victory is forefront in my mind.:smalltongue:

DavidSh
2022-06-13, 01:07 PM
I have real one: The doctor who, ~25 years ago
Doctor Who, ~25 years ago, that would be the Eighth Doctor, Paul McGann?

But, seriously, good for you!

LaZodiac
2022-06-13, 02:03 PM

Hey, congratulations! That's awesome to hear.

======

My own humblebragging is uh, pretty obvious if you've seen my posts recently. I've been a published author for two years! Cursed World: Initial Sparks, with the sequel on the way (sooner rather than later, too).

MoonCat
2022-06-14, 05:50 PM
And now onto a doctorate at Oxford!

For reals, though, very impressive. Congratulations!

Hah, higher academia is far too much of a meatgrinder these days. The humble comes in when I admit that right now I don't have what it takes and should look elsewhere* for next steps.

*But never the other place.

TaiLiu
2022-06-15, 02:29 AM
Recently I was (finally!) formally diagnosed with a cool disability. This may not seem like much of a brag, but I promise that the disability is very cool. :smalltongue: Also I can starting figuring out accommodations, which is nice.

I digitized one of the Eberron RPGA modules and sent it off to a few possibly interested parties. They haven't posted it yet, but I'm more than happy to email a copy to anyone who asks.
Congrats! Love Eberron, so I'm also happy that you're doing this digitalization process.

Congrats! Very cool to hear.

My own humblebragging is uh, pretty obvious if you've seen my posts recently. I've been a published author for two years! Cursed World: Initial Sparks, with the sequel on the way (sooner rather than later, too).
Congrats! How many books do you think you're gonna come out with? :smallsmile:

LaZodiac
2022-06-15, 07:10 AM
Congrats! How many books do you think you're gonna come out with? :smallsmile:

A bunch! Right now the forecast is two more for this current overarching story arc (making a three part novel series) and beyond that, who knows.

Peelee
2022-06-15, 12:26 PM
Recently I was (finally!) formally diagnosed with a cool disability. This may not seem like much of a brag, but I promise that the disability is very cool. :smalltongue:

So we know it's cool, but is it sexy (https://i.imgur.com/WhSsS6j_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium)?

Tibbius
2022-06-15, 01:04 PM
I'm embarrassed that I've so far published only exactly 50 items on drivethrurpg.

Also, our daughter will be matriculating undergrad at a major regional university, with a pre-admittance to law school.

TaiLiu
2022-06-15, 10:25 PM
A bunch! Right now the forecast is two more for this current overarching story arc (making a three part novel series) and beyond that, who knows.
Nice nice! Dunno if it's allowed, but if it is, you should show off in your signature. :smallbiggrin:

So we know it's cool, but is it sexy (https://i.imgur.com/WhSsS6j_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium)?
Well, I'm sure all things are sexy to someone. :smalltongue:

Peelee
2022-06-15, 11:15 PM
For an actual humblebrag instead of riffing on others', feeling pretty sore today after the first session with my personal trainer who's gonna help ensure I get that federal agent job.

LaZodiac
2022-06-15, 11:37 PM
Nice nice! Dunno if it's allowed, but if it is, you should show off in your signature. :smallbiggrin:

Well, I'm sure all things are sexy to someone. :smalltongue:

Last I recall it's not, if a lovely mod could confirm (that I can't have a link to a website that lets one buy my book in my sig) that that'd be great.

Oh I should say, congrats on the disability!

For an actual humblebrag instead of riffing on others', feeling pretty sore today after the first session with my personal trainer who's gonna help ensure I get that federal agent job.

Oooh, congrats! I hope it works well!

Peelee
2022-06-16, 12:05 AM
Oooh, congrats! I hope it works well!

Thanks! I hate it. I predicted that would make my wife happy and I was spot on (since my hatred of it means it's probably going to work quite well).

TaiLiu
2022-06-16, 12:41 AM
Last I recall it's not, if a lovely mod could confirm (that I can't have a link to a website that lets one buy my book in my sig) that that'd be great.
I guess you could also link to a discussion of your book? But yeah, this stuff is beyond my ken.

Oh I should say, congrats on the disability!!
Thank you! The disability is old news, but the formal diagnosis is very new, and I feel very fortunate that I managed to get it. :smallsmile:

Peelee
2022-06-16, 08:03 AM

The Mod on the Silver Mountain: Until a lovely one steps in, I can confirm that nothing has changed regarding that.

Sorry.

Thank you! The disability is old news, but the formal diagnosis is very new, and I feel very fortunate that I managed to get it. :smallsmile:

I work with doctors who make such formal diagnoses, yeah, it's a big deal. Congrats!

Comrade
2022-06-16, 05:28 PM
This one might need a little background (and also a little disclaimer at the end)...

Somebody brought fried egg rolls into the office for a meeting earlier today. I was offered one and declined (politely of course), which prompted some surprise, because apparently the place they got the egg rolls from is, like, a local institution legendary for its delicious, super greasy eggrolls. Before I could say a word, one of my coworkers jumped in with 'You don't get in shape like that by eating fried eggrolls!'

That felt pretty darn good. I've been underweight and skinny basically my entire life; four or five years ago I was 125 pounds at six feet tall. Since then, but especially over the last year, I've been working hard to put on some mass while trying to stay lean and fit. I now clock in at about 180lb, but have also felt a little insecure about whether I'd really managed to pull off a 'clean bulk' or if I had tilted a little too far in the other direction. It felt good to get that confirmation that I've been able to thread the needle between staying fit and putting on size.

While I think it's obviously a good thing to eat healthy and stay fit, I also want to acknowledge that it can very easily become an unhealthy source of anxiety and unhappiness, and I hope this post doesn't trigger that feeling for anyone. Nobody should be made to feel bad for eating things they enjoy. I don't even like eggrolls.

TaiLiu
2022-06-17, 04:23 PM
I work with doctors who make such formal diagnoses, yeah, it's a big deal. Congrats!
Thank you! Good luck with your secret agent training!