PDA

View Full Version : Intuitive Craftsman?

Ryuuk
2007-11-25, 08:07 PM
I was looking through some of the Mind's Eye articles over at WotC's site. while reading the expanded psionic classes I ran into this feat in one of the Shaper's starting packages (Relevant article is here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070411a), package in spoilers). I got curious, but I can't seem to find any mention of the feat anywhere else, does this feat actually exist? Where?

Package 2: The Problem Solver
Human Psion (Shaper)
Ability Scores: Str 12, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 15, Wis 10, Cha 13.
Skills: Autohypnosis, Bluff, Concentration, Craft.
Languages: Common, Giant, Orc.
Feat:Encode Stone, Intuitive Craftsman(B).
Weapons: Longspear (1d6/x3), dagger (1d4/19-20, 10 ft.), light crossbow with 20 bolts (1d8/19-20, 80 ft.).
Armor:Chain shirt (+4 AC).
Other Gear: Standard adventurer's kit, 7 gp.
Power Points: 3.
Powers: Astral construct, bolt, minor creation.

tyckspoon
2007-11-25, 08:34 PM
huh. Good question. Googling the phrase gives back that same Wizards article as the only d20-relevant hit, and the Feat Index on the Wizards page contains no such title. I've no idea what that feat is meant to be.

Collin152
2007-11-25, 08:35 PM
Huh. That's certainly strange. It's like they don't even care about starting packages.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-25, 08:38 PM
Surprised on that?

Darkantra
2007-11-25, 09:28 PM
Hmm, I honestly can't find any mention of it anyhere.

d&d "intuitive craftsman"

Typed into google it only yields 5 results once you include the ommited results, so it at least doesn't exist on the internet. I've checked the EPH and CP and neither had it in them. It is a mystery...

brian c
2007-11-25, 11:00 PM
Well, based on other D&D materials, Intuitive Craftsman should have something to do with applying your Wisdom modifier to Craft checks

Aerlock
2007-11-27, 12:55 PM
I suspect it maybe a copy and paste error from a 3.0 prestige class or something similar because after a quick search I cannot find a reference to Encode Stone as a feat anywhere that isn't 3.0 related.

Corlis
2007-11-27, 12:59 PM
Well, based on other D&D materials, Intuitive Craftsman should have something to do with applying your Wisdom modifier to Craft checksThat what I thought too, but the example character has an Int of 15 and a Wis of 10 :smallconfused:

Telonius
2007-11-27, 01:25 PM
Hmm, I honestly can't find any mention of it anyhere.

Typed into google it only yields 5 results once you include the ommited results, so it at least doesn't exist on the internet. I've checked the EPH and CP and neither had it in them. It is a mystery...

It only gives 18 results if you just google "intuitive craftsman."

Sorry, OP, but Google doesn't know about it. It must not exist. :smallwink:

Citizen Joe
2007-11-27, 01:28 PM
Isn't that the feat that reduces the time or cost of making magic items?

Telonius
2007-11-27, 01:33 PM
That's "Exceptional (and a bunch of other adjectives) Artisan."

RTGoodman
2007-11-27, 03:00 PM
And furthermore, the sample character, as far as I can tell, doesn't even HAVE enough feats. There should be three rather than two (one normal starting feat, one human bonus feat, and one 1st-level psion bonus feat).

As far as this "Intuitive Craftsman," it's listed as a bonus feat, meaning it was either the human bonus feat (and the character has the alternate feature that replaces the psion bonus feat, which isn't mentioned in the text), or they just really screwed up that starting package (leaving out one feat entirely, and putting one on there that doesn't exist).