PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Epic 6 rules - on craft wondrous items

Bobur
2022-05-07, 06:51 AM
Hello everyone.
I am the GM for my current group and the idea was to use the E6 or epic 6 rules to make a level lock at Lv8.
One of our players wants to be a wizard crafter for wondrous items.
So far ok.

But with the E6 rules, he cant reach Lv12 where most of the big items are that he aims for. And now he is unhappy with the limited prospect of what he would be able to create.

Now there are the optional feats for E6.
I am aware that these are tested rules, so I expect them to make sense. And there are feats for a crafter so that he counts as Lv12 instead of Lv6, but those are only for creating rings and maybe wands or potions. No feat for wonderous items specifically though.

I haven't played this before, but I am very reluctant to allow my player a feat like that for wond item creation. The group is are already VERY stacked in terms of items because of him and another crafter. And so I am afraid that this completely goes out of hand if allowed.

What are your experiences with the E6 rules or the optional feats? Would you allow an expanded feat to empower the item crafting? It could also be a feat chain, if necessary.

Speeddemon87
2022-05-09, 06:04 PM
I haven't played E6 before, but it does look very interesting. I don't know of any feats for crafting, though homebrewing something doesn't seem too crazy. You might want to make the crafting limit based more off the price of the item than the level? That seems more reasonable power wise (and there are ways to increase one's caster level anyways).