PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever heard of this?

princedargon
2007-11-25, 11:01 PM
Has anyone here ever heard of the Runemaster class from the World of Warcraft d20 game? If so, do you believe it to be too overpowered to be used in a standard d20 D&D game?

AslanCross
2007-11-25, 11:12 PM
I have no experience with WOW d20, but as far as I remember it's scaled up to be equivalent to what would normally be epic in D&D.

Egill
2007-11-25, 11:43 PM
Here are some prestige classes you might find interesting:

There is a Runesmith class in Races of Stone. It is an arcane full-caster option for arcane spellcasters. There are some steep, fluffy prereqs, but it would be worth checking out.

Complete Arcane has the Geometer, which is based upon glyphs and symbols, and could be re-fluffed to deal with runes, specifically. It is also an arcane full-caster option.

Forgotten Realms has some feats and a PrC for a rune-based divine caster. You should check out the FR Campaign Setting book for the feats and the PrC, the Runecaster (divine full-caster).

Hope this helps.

Starsinger
2007-11-26, 02:12 AM
Has anyone here ever heard of the Runemaster class from the World of Warcraft d20 game? If so, do you believe it to be too overpowered to be used in a standard d20 D&D game?

Since neither of them have answered your question.. no I don't particularly feel the RuneMaster is too over powered to use in a standard D&D game. It's between a regular monk and a ToB Swordsage in power if you ask me.