PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Does Chameleon PrC turning stack?

redking
2022-05-08, 09:53 AM
Does the Chameleon PrC turning stack? Alternatively, if it does not stack, is it a separate turning pool?

ciopo
2022-05-08, 10:17 AM
Technically they don't have any pool at all, they can mimic/produce the effect using their Mimic class feature feature, but they don't have a turn/rebuke undead feature, or evasion, or smite, or rage, or sneak attack.

EndlessKng
2022-05-08, 11:08 AM
What ciopo said.

But in terms of effectiveness, my read is that it's just the Chameleon levels, nothing from any other classes. IF you have a feat that would manipulate or affect the Turning (i.e. make it stronger), that should work when using it. If the feat allowed you to use a turn attempt in a different way, you could theoretically argue that you could use Chameleon's turn attempt for it, but there's room for argument, and even if you could it STILL would be using Chameleon alone without any other effects. Also, you'd need levels in another class that gave turning to qualify for any such feats.

Note that this may change with some prestige classes as well - if a class feature specifically applied bonuses to all turning attempts, in theory it would apply when you use the feature (since it still mimics the turning). But you couldn't get extra uses of Chameleon turning since they don't have the feature; the "use" is from Mimic Class Feature in that case.

EDIT: IF Dragon Magazine is allowed at the table, there is a feat that grants a use of Turn/Rebuke 1/day (more if you take it more often) that would grant you native access without taking a class. It requires a specific pre-req that is a God-based alternative to Thrall to a Demon/Disciple of Darkness, so you'd need that first, and it still wouldn't stack with your Chameleon turning, but I am mentioning it for completeness.