PDA

View Full Version : What are some emanation/field projecting devices that help the security of an area?

Gavinfoxx
2022-05-09, 11:54 AM
I'm looking for devices that emanate a field which impacts the security of reality within a very large sphere. So far, I know of a Weirdstone. My understanding is that Lair Wards are mostly placed on entrances to things. What other things do something like this?

Is there anything psionic that does this as well? What about security against certain categories of things walking in?

Troacctid
2022-05-10, 04:33 AM
Extradimensional anchor blocks all dimensional travel in an area. It's notably easy to move and easy to toggle on and off, which makes it a great high-level adventuring item. Hallow and unhallow are great too—top-notch base defense. Guards and wards and antipathy have shorter durations, but are definitely made for this purpose. Consecrate is good at disrupting a very specific kind of attacker.

For psionic items, I guess there's crystal anchors. Weren't there some mind flayer emotion items in LoM as well?

The grandaddy of all of these devices, of course, is ECS's eldritch machine.

Gavinfoxx
2022-05-10, 04:14 PM
What's the spell that maintains or enforces the integrity of a plane's rules within a spherical radius on a different plane? Is there a device that focuses on that?

Troacctid
2022-05-10, 04:24 PM
What's the spell that maintains or enforces the integrity of a plane's rules within a spherical radius on a different plane? Is there a device that focuses on that?
Planar bubble, or possibly precipitate breach?

Kadhel
2022-05-11, 05:58 AM
Also, some thoughts about spell "warding" area :

Magic Sanctum : 30-ft. cube/level, 24h duration but can be made permament with permancency. It wards the area against scrying and similar effects, and common senses from outside.

Forbiddance : 60-ft. cube/level, permanent. This seals an area against all planar travel into or within it.

Gavinfoxx
2022-05-11, 11:58 AM
Any psionic variants of any of these??