PDA

View Full Version : Metasupernaturals

flappeercraft
2022-05-12, 04:11 PM
So I'm looking to compile all the 3.X feats, class features, monster abilities, magic items, or whatever else that allows one to modify a supernatural ability within first party and dragon magazine. However, I'm looking for a general case rather than specific abilities. So for example, Empower Supernatural Ability is fine, but I'm not looking for a feat like Heighten Breath. I will be adding things as they come.

Thus far I have found:
- Enlarge Supernatural Ability (ToM)
- Widen Supernatural Ability (ToM)
- Empower Supernatural Ability (ToM)
- Extend Supernatural Ability (ToM)
- Sudden Ability Focus (ToM)
- Power Surge (DrMag #313)
- Ability Focus (Core)
- Saint template's Holy Power (BoED)
- Supernatural Transformation (SS)
- Paragon Template (ELH)
- Veil of Allure (MIC)
- Kaiju Template (DrMag #289)
- Soul Eater's Soul Power (BoVD)

Does anyone know of anything else?

ciopo
2022-05-12, 04:14 PM
Iirc, in BoVD there is a feat that's basically ability focus but with a different name, so that should nominally stack, but I'm afb. I think it was called "ehnance ability" or something like that. Might have been for SLA and not SU however, memory is hazy

flappeercraft
2022-05-12, 04:20 PM
Iirc, in BoVD there is a feat that's basically ability focus but with a different name, so that should nominally stack, but I'm afb. I think it was called "ehnance ability" or something like that. Might have been for SLA and not SU however, memory is hazy

I believe you're referring to Boost Spell-Like Ability? I can't find any feats that work or are named similarly. Did find Malign Spell Focus, perhaps that's what you meant.

Doctor Despair
2022-05-12, 04:32 PM
Is Supernatural Transformation worth mention?

flappeercraft
2022-05-12, 04:44 PM
Is Supernatural Transformation worth mention?

Not exactly what I had in mind but I guess I'll add it.

Doctor Despair
2022-05-12, 05:30 PM
Not exactly what I had in mind but I guess I'll add it.

It means that anything that modifies SLAs qualifies, right?

flappeercraft
2022-05-12, 05:53 PM
It means that anything that modifies SLAs qualifies, right?

I'm gonna say no. I'm adding Supernatural Transformation more as an exception because it turns something into a Su ability which kinda fits, but the general purpose of this thread is to find what modifies normal Su abilities.

FauxKnee
2022-05-12, 06:15 PM
The paragon template (Epic Level Handbook & srd (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/paragonCreature.htm)) is somewhere between Empower Supernatural Ability and Heighten Breath in terms of specificity. It would grant a +13 insight bonus to any supernatural ability that is also classified as a special attack (and probably a +7 or +8 boost to any associated DC due to the ability score increases.)

flappeercraft
2022-05-13, 12:50 AM
The paragon template (Epic Level Handbook & srd (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/paragonCreature.htm)) is somewhere between Empower Supernatural Ability and Heighten Breath in terms of specificity. It would grant a +13 insight bonus to any supernatural ability that is also classified as a special attack (and probably a +7 or +8 boost to any associated DC due to the ability score increases.)

Don't know how I missed that one, added it to the list.

Saintheart
2022-05-13, 01:12 AM
Just adding for completeness's sake rather than necessarily adding to the list:

- Stat boosters (especially ones that increase CHA) necessarily alter the DC of a Supernatural Ability, because it's part of the DC formula as set by the SRD: 10 + 0.5xECL + stat modifier.

- Whilst they're probably specific to Gaze Attacks, under 3.5 gaze abilities are all supernatural. As such, from Savage Species:

-- Irresistible Gaze: +2 DC to gaze attacks, stacks with Ability Focus

-- Piercing Gaze: extend gaze attack range from 30 to 60 feet, Irresistible Gaze is its prerequisite.

sleepyphoenixx
2022-05-13, 03:01 AM
The Veil of Allure (MIC, 14k gp) increases the DC of any charisma-based supernatural and extraordinary abilities by 2.
It also does the same for enchantment spells and SLAs.

flappeercraft
2022-05-14, 01:10 PM
Bumping in case anyone who knows something to be added hasn't seen it

ShurikVch
2022-05-16, 06:46 AM
Kaiju template (Dragon #289) all AoE SA (except for Breath Weapons, Fear or Frightful Presence, and Gaze attacks) have their area increased (X2 for Huge Base Creature, X3 - for Large or Medium, and X4 - for Small or Tiny)

flappeercraft
2022-05-16, 03:14 PM
Kaiju template (Dragon #289) all AoE SA (except for Breath Weapons, Fear or Frightful Presence, and Gaze attacks) have their area increased (X2 for Huge Base Creature, X3 - for Large or Medium, and X4 - for Small or Tiny)

Interesting, added it to the OP.

Thurbane
2022-05-16, 05:48 PM
Not sure this is exactly what OP is after, but Soul Power (the Soul Eater PrC capstone) gives a +2 profane bonus to Supernatural attack DCs and doubles number of daily uses for 24 hours after draining a level (also affects SLAs)...

flappeercraft
2022-05-16, 05:52 PM
Not sure this is exactly what OP is after, but Soul Power (the Soul Eater PrC capstone) gives a +2 profane bonus to Supernatural attack DCs and doubles number of daily uses for 24 hours after draining a level (also affects SLAs)...

Good enough, adding it.