PDA

View Full Version : The incredible vanishing avatar?

The Bushranger
2007-11-26, 07:56 AM
Been noticing something odd happening with a few (at least three) peoples' avatars here on the boards - sometimes they will only partially load, but act as if they're fully loaded, other times it's like they're not there at all - not "red X" can't be found, but as if they hadn't even specificed an avatar at all. o.O Any idea if this is a board issue, something to do with Imageshack (or wherever those avvies are hosted), or is it my Charm Computer skill at work again?

Skippy
2007-11-26, 08:45 AM
Happens to the best of us, sometimes. Well, it has happened to me, too, at least. But I haven't received any partially loaded pic. For me, it's either it shows it or it doesn't. Matter of luck, I guess.

Castaras
2007-11-26, 10:58 AM
Happens to the best of us, sometimes. Well, it has happened to me, too, at least. But I haven't received any partially loaded pic. For me, it's either it shows it or it doesn't. Matter of luck, I guess.

Yeah, happens to me as well sometimes.

It's just the connection. Nothing serious.

B-Man
2007-11-26, 02:29 PM
other times it's like they're not there at all - not "red X" can't be found, but as if they hadn't even specificed an avatar at all.

well, ifi you're not seeing the red X (of doom), it could mean that the image isn't loading and you're not using Internet Explorer. I use Firefox and when it doesn't load an image, it just loads blank.

The Bushranger
2007-11-26, 02:45 PM
Using IE6...

There's not even a blank space, or something to click on to try to make it load, just the same appearance as people who don't have an avatar at all. And it's consistant, too. (Although it seems to be happening to more people, slowly... :smalleek: )

B-Man
2007-11-26, 02:49 PM
Try clearing the internet cache. That might solve the problem.

The Bushranger
2007-11-26, 02:56 PM
Clear it every time I get online. :smallwink:
...unlike my mom, who let it go for over a year. :smalleek: Needless to say, that clearance operation took a few minutes...

Ego Slayer
2007-11-26, 02:59 PM
B-Man, your avatar strikes fear into the hearts of many.

*is not using avatar*

B-Man
2007-11-26, 03:03 PM
I had to load up Internet Explorer to crop that. Now Firefox users can see the horror of the image not loading! :smalltongue:

Castaras
2007-11-26, 04:02 PM
*grins*

Hahahaha B-Man.
Mind if I yoink that screenshot? Kthanks.

Emperor Tippy
2007-11-26, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I've had the missing avatar happen to me once before as well.