PDA

View Full Version : Astral Bag Bomb Servant

DaPenguin
2022-05-13, 06:23 PM
I'm trying to confirm this works properly before using it in a game.

Artificer level 2 takes the replicate magic item infusion twice both for bag of holding and picks up unseen servant atleast once per day either from mark of hospitality halfling, or getting a feat at lvl 1 for magic initiate, or dip a level wiz at 3.

The plan is this. I have a once per day **** you option. I hold onto my two bags untill we get into a potential combat zone. Then I hand them off to unseen servant (US) and we walk into a big fight. Instead of fighting a particularly dangerous dude I have the unseen servant walk 15 feet from me and put the bags into each other.

What I want to confirm is that RAW is this a no save, no means of stopping, one way ticket to the astral plane? I know those with plane shift could get back easily but if nothing else it could buy time to regroup. I imagine at later levels I could have some very pissed creatures coming after me but I'm hoping by then most are too weak to fight me.

So am I missing something about unseen servant, bag of holding, or artificer infusions?
My only potential hiccup I could see is a DM saying I can't take the same replicate magic item more than once but RAW I believe you can.

KorvinStarmast
2022-05-13, 07:40 PM
Mechanically, take a look at this (https://rpg.stackexchange.com/a/164857/22566). It's doable.

Dork_Forge
2022-05-13, 08:11 PM
You can't have two of the same infusion, so you need to get the second bag from somewhere else.

stoutstien
2022-05-13, 08:24 PM
You can't have two of the same infusion, so you need to get the second bag from somewhere else.

That rule is generally true but you can have multiple of the same infusions as long as they fall under the replicate item option.

This is also a good way for something to show up complaining about you littering in the astral plane.

Dork_Forge
2022-05-14, 12:54 AM
That rule is generally true but you can have multiple of the same infusions as long as they fall under the replicate item option.

This is also a good way for something to show up complaining about you littering in the astral plane.

I can see the RAW argument for that, but I think that's a check with your DM kinda thing. It seems like the intent is choosing multiple items, not double-dipping the same ones, but I'm sure that will vary on the table.

stoutstien
2022-05-14, 04:41 AM
I can see the RAW argument for that, but I think that's a check with your DM kinda thing. It seems like the intent is choosing multiple items, not double-dipping the same ones, but I'm sure that will vary on the table.

Aye. Of course double dipping for pipes of haunting is the real impactful option for tables that run high magical loot.

Amnestic
2022-05-14, 05:32 AM
My only potential hiccup I could see is a DM saying I can't take the same replicate magic item more than once but RAW I believe you can.

The real potential hiccup is your DM okaying it and then deploying the exact same tactic against the party. Best result, you all get poofed to the Astral Plane and the campaign continues there. Worst result, the party gets split and you TPK because you're 2nd level and half of you are on the astral plane and the other are now outnumbered.