PDA

View Full Version : Expeditionary Travelers IC

samduke
2022-05-15, 12:09 AM
Link to Expeditionary Travelers OOC (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?645592-Expeditionary-Travelers-OOC)

Pre-amble:
The peaks of a nearby mountain range have been home to Krikk, an old white dragon, for as long as anyone can remember. Aside from claiming ownership of a few villages and settlements near her range, she hasn’t posed much of a threat or even taken much notice of political events around her.
Last week, a king’s prophet had a vision of golems made of ice that wouldn’t melt smashing through the royal castle walls, and of crops frozen under sheets of ice formed by the white dragon’s breath. Alarmed, the king has sent word that he desires someone brave enough to go to the dragon and find out whether she’s about to attack. If she is, the party must stop her before it’s too late. But, another prophet warns that the white dragon has an entirely different plot afoot, and that an icy grave awaits anyone who goes up the mountain. The player characters (PCs) have to figure out what’s going on—then decide on their own what they should do about it, while the fate of a king and his castle hangs in the balance.

King Heldar has been shaken by the visions of these two prophets, A royal adviser has put forth a call to any and all brave souls willing to take on the task of dealing with the dragon.
One of the outlying villages falls close to Krikk's domain, Please find out If the dragon truly seeks to mount an offensive, someone must thwart her effort in order to maintain stability in the area. Rid us of the dragons threat one way or the other in exchange for a reward of 10,000 gp or a royal favor.

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-05-17, 02:08 AM
Standing motionless, keeping a sleepless watch, Draxus' gaze falls to the nearby mountain range. Understanding that his companions comprised of flesh require onerous things such as sleep and fuel to function at optimal efficiency, he does not begrudge them their maintenance requirements and is content to stand watch as they do so. His role as nightly sentinal providing him with ample time to strategize and analyze the experiences of the day was a welcome benefit he was glad to benefit from.

Shifting his gaze to the sky, he finally shifts from his previously motionless sentry duty. It was nearly time to depart and seek out the village in the dragon Krikk's claimed territory. Manipulating his mind blade's energy, he manifests it as a tool instead of a weapon. A small semisolid chime composed of psychic energy manifests in one metal hand even as he flicks it with the other to let the others know that the agreed-upon amount of time has passed.

Draxus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2636222)
Male C/G Shadow Half-Dragon Warforged Soulknife 10 / Illumine Soul 2 // Psy. Warrior 4 / Ninja 1 / Paladin 2, Level 12, Init -1, HP 111/111, DR 5/Magic, Speed 50'
AC 32, Touch 28, Flat-footed 27, Fort 25, Ref 25, Will 28, Base Attack Bonus +12/+7/+2, Power Points 41/41
+3 Splitting Mind Bolt +28/+28/+23/+23/+18/+18 (4d6+14 + 1d6 Sonic, 20/x3)
+3 Flaming Keen Wounding Armblade Mind Blade +20/+15/+10 (3d8+14 + 1d6 Fire + 1d6 Sonic + 1 Bleeding, 17-20/x2)
+3 Flaming Vampiric Whip-Dagger Mind Blade +20/+15/+10 (3d6+14 +1d6 Fire + 1d6 Sonic +1d6 to Living, 19-20/x2)
Unarmored (+5 Dex, +2 Deflect, +4 Natural, +11 Misc)
Abilities Str 20, Dex 20, Con 17, Int 12, Wis 32, Cha 8
Condition Psionically Focused, Mind Arrow Charged with Psychic Strike (+3d8)
Other Defenses Cold Resistance 15

Action: Used 'Mind Tool' alternate class feature to produce and use a small chime to alert the party of the current time. (Leaving current location and actual time of day up to the DM or rest of the party).

Dakrsidder
2022-05-17, 03:20 PM
Shen rose before taking rations from his pocket to snack on. Soon afterwards, he briefly took in his surroundings before jotting something down on a sheet of paper. When he finished, he got ready to get up and move onwards. As there wasn't any preparation he had to do, he finished quickly and simply daydreamed while waiting for the others to finish their business.

Archmage1
2022-05-17, 05:50 PM
Looking at the peaceful village behind her, and reading the notice paper held before her, Illaria sighed. Perhaps this is my opportunity. A few days to make the needed arrangements, and then? Then I'll have the freedom I need. A favor could go a long way, and in return for saving a kingdom? It will be quite the favor. And perhaps, just perhaps, this might be what I have been searching for. A chance.
The youthful, terrifyingly beautiful young woman turns away from the small town, away from the bargain she had been sent to make. She had markers to call in, and arrangements to make.

It was four days later when she arrived at the gates to King Heldar's capitol, seeing the squat, utilitarian castle resting at the top of the hill in the center of the town. And here we are, the center of... civilization in the area. She takes in the run down walls, the slums spilling out from the town; The muddy, poorly maintained roads, and the peasants who worked the fields near them. It isn't much, but, then, when the poor suffer, the rich thrive. And so long as this King can keep his crown on his head? It doesn't matter. And if not? I doubt that a replacement would be so foolish as to deny a hero their just reward. Now, if I could only keep civilization from my boots. She looks down and raises her left foot, gazing at her finely crafted soft leather boots, before she resolutely lifts about six inches into the air, a small whirlwind of air forming under her feet as she walked over the walls, ignoring any cries the guards might have raised as she headed steadily towards the castle, her cloak billowing behind her as her pale hair blew free in the breeze, rustling over her finely crafted red clothing and chain, not caring about the passage and doings of the mortals beneath her.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/d4d0705f2441e610ceb56e5b3cc14df8/tumblr_pggfcda5zj1vb9twyo1_1280.jpg

Feathersnow
2022-05-17, 06:50 PM
The Problemshooter leads his Flock. Nearly a dozen of The People, in one place. If not openly, then not hiding, either. He is the Senior Chameleon and leads the prayer circle. They are in a rented room of an inn. The hymns sound like drinking songs, but the subtext tells a story of the Before Time and the other Myths of The People. A human convert to The Order guards the doors.

After the last of The Mirror Psalms fade, he addresses the assembled Doppelgangers, changelings, and the human, "For long we have hidden, and perhaps we were not wrong to do so. But today, there is a threat to our community. If we seek to be accepted, it is not unreasonable that we provide aid. To that end, I am going to speak with the Dargon Krikk to learn of this prophecy, and hopefully allay the fears if the human king."

After sharing a meal, he departs for the meeting with the other adventurers

marking 3 GP off my inventory for a rented room and a nice meal for 12 People, plus tip

samduke
2022-05-18, 03:15 AM
Many strangers have come to town as the citizens look on at the newcomers. The castle guard keeps watch over the comings and goings from the castle and the town. You are drawn to the prominent notice of reward for dealing with the dragon.
You have noticed other well armed adventures in the same area of the reward notice.

Archmage1
2022-05-19, 10:55 AM
Illaria looks down upon the noticeboard and the guards nearby, and frowns. Such a reward, and yet, no political support? Just an unsigned, unverifyable notice? Shaking her head (Her pale hair seems to settle back into place perfectly, with no action on her part afterwards), she approaches one of the guards. "This notice that seems to have been spread, discussing the dragon. Who posted it? Who stands behind it?"

Dakrsidder
2022-05-19, 09:05 PM
Shen approached the notice, was delighted by the details of the quest, and quickly thought about if he knew anything about the dragon. 10,000 gp isn't especially impressive and he couldn't care less about a royal favor, but neither of these things were the cause of his excitement. The reasoning lies in the very purpose of his adventuring which is to obtain experience.

While he knew a bit about dragons, he'd never actually encountered one. Additionally, while he had seen golems and knew how they worked, he wondered how ice golems would differ. If he were to embark on this quest, it'd be the first he'd accepted since he left the library.

He also happened to look around out of curiosity as to what other sorts of people showed up. As expected, many of them were well armed, but for the most part they just blurred together. He also noticed the silver haired woman making a commotion about the validity of the rewards. By impulse, he slightly distanced himself as he was no good in such circumstances.

Trivia (same as bardic knowledge) [roll0]
Arcana [roll1]
The rolls above are specifically about Krikk

Feathersnow
2022-05-19, 09:33 PM
Tyg, The Problemshooter, wonders at the others. He is here to be a representative of his people, though the money wouldn't hurt. Why are they here? Presumably for gold, which is a reasonable thing.
How can she doubt the word of the King? No sane person would claim to be his mouthpeice falsely. No one at all could do it twice

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-05-20, 05:28 AM
Draxus' gaze falls from the notice board, deep in thought. "The challenge alone is worthy of consideration." Flexing a metal arm and considering the metallic claws at the end, he seems contemplative. "I believe it to be possible, and could even be considered righteous. It is an acceptable purpose, for now." Having confirmed his own convictions on the matter, the draconic warforged turns to consider the nearby mountains that housed his new goal.

Male C/G Shadow Half-Dragon Warforged Soulknife 10 / Illumine Soul 2 // Psy. Warrior 4 / Ninja 1 / Paladin 2, Level 12, Init -1, HP 111/111, DR 5/Magic, Speed 50'
AC 32, Touch 28, Flat-footed 27, Fort 25, Ref 25, Will 28, Base Attack Bonus +12/+7/+2, Power Points 41/41
+3 Flaming Keen Wounding Armblade Mind Blade +20/+15/+10 (3d8+14 + 1d6 Fire + 1d6 Sonic + 1 Bleeding, 17-20/x2)
+3 Flaming Vampiric Whip-Dagger Mind Blade +20/+15/+10 (3d6+14 +1d6 Fire + 1d6 Sonic +1d6 to Living, 19-20/x2)

Actions: N/A

Archmage1
2022-05-21, 10:09 AM
Taking a final look at the hapless guard, Illaria tries one last time to seek an explanation. "And you are confident in your choice?" She searches the guard's face for any reaction, before she nods once, slowly. "Very well. This is your choice."

Turning away from the guard, Illaria approaches the noticeboard once more, before she turns to address the crowd, a grave expression on her face. Her words are slow, initially, each delivered in a weighty fashion as she begins."Unsigned, unsealed, and not even the guards know who put it there." She shakes her head. Her words flow a little more smoothly, still clearly understood, but more phrases, rather than statements in and of themselves. "Such a "deal" is no deal. It is simply words on the wind. A wistful wish, hoping to ensnare anyone foolish enough to accept it without an actual agreement." She turns to look at the castle, not so far away, before she looks back at the crowd. "Perhaps confirmation might be obtained, although this is not the place to do it." Another pause, and her eyes somehow seem to meet everyone's eyes simultaneously, even as the wind blows her hair smoothly out of her face, and red cloak flutters dramatically. "But there is such a place, not far from here, should any be interested."

Feathersnow
2022-05-21, 10:24 AM
"Are you really suggesting that someone would brazenly forge the kings name in such a public venue!? But, indeed, if it will set your mind at ease, let us see an official. We will have to when we are done! I, whose epinym is The Problemshooter, Chameleon and Reb of the Doppelgangers, am interested in pursuing this quest! While I in no way doubt the integrity of the poster, I am interested in learning more."

Archmage1
2022-05-21, 10:35 AM
Illaria gives the mongrel before her a hard look, clearly evaluating The Problemshooter. "Perhaps. More importantly, the writing claims to be done by a royal advisor, but is offering a royal favor, or gold." She shakes her head. "Making deals on behalf of another is simply not done. At least, not without some confirmation or agreement to that extent. As this is now? There is nothing binding the king to this arrangement." She looks back to the palace. "That is not acceptable to me. An agreement is an agreement, but only if it is an agreement."

samduke
2022-05-22, 12:38 AM
Lord Krom himself placed that very noticed 3 days prior, the royal advisor is a very busy man as is the king and I doubt either has time to talk to you about that notice. several other groups of creatures have come and gone over the last few days. None have returned.

Archmage1
2022-05-22, 07:00 AM
Looking back to the guardsman as he finally speaks(Only after she threatens a rebellion, of course), she shrugs. "That might not be his best option, but that is another discussion. More importantly, what do you know about the other groups that went first, and, presumably, failed?"

[roll0] Diplomacy(Keep him talking)
[roll1] Sense Motive(Assessing truthfulness, if he is holding back information, basically, is the guard being a reliable choice.)

samduke
2022-05-22, 03:25 PM
Illaria Stormwind

(1d20+29)[40] Diplomacy(Keep him talking)
** see dialog below **

(1d20+12)[23] Sense Motive(Assessing truthfulness, if he is holding back information, basically, is the guard being a reliable choice.)
** he is being truthful, not holding back as far as you are aware**

What I know personally is there have been four other groups, one had 3 men, two had 6 men, and the last had 11 men and a woman
each group was outfitted similarly to yourselves. I know not what they did when they left here. They headed in the direction of the mountains. as to what became of them, again they have not returned so anything is possible.
Now then I am must return to my post - good day.

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-05-22, 06:49 PM
"If a dragon is to blame, there is little chance of rescuing the previously sent parties... but it is worth attempting, regardless. Two birds with one sling stone." Giving a stiff half-bow to the guardsmen in thanks for his time and provided information, Draxus double checks that his warforged components are integrated and functioning optimally, preparing to set off.

Archmage1
2022-05-23, 07:34 AM
Illaria shakes her head. "Rescue isn't really what we should be primarily concerned about." She looks up at the robot dragon thing before her, her expression thoughtful for a moment, before she continues speaking, her well trained musical voice easily understandable, despite her unusual accent. "Finding out what happened to them, and ensuring that it doesn't happen to us is rather more important. I would hope I speak for everyone when I say I am not interested in dying on a mountain. I suppose they might have succeeded, but I think not."

She floats a few inches back from the robot dragon thing, and looks over at The Problemshooter, and the quiet one. "I take it that you are both also interested in investigating this opportunity? And, potentially working together?"

She looks them over, seeking signs of agreement, and, assuming she finds it, she nods. "That can work. Why don't we start in the direction of the nearby villages, and talk a bit along the way, after we depart the city?"

samduke
2022-05-23, 11:35 AM
OOC: I am going to presume everyone to agree to travel at this point.

It is a full three days average horse speed ride to the village of Mulhessen. when you get there you notice it is a normal village with some minor villager comings and goings. as you walk around you notice while it does have a blacksmith, who doubles as a Ferrier and runs the stables. but there isn't really a real market or any other place to purchase goods. the people here must travel a lot or be very good at foraging. a self important small town mayor is making the rounds and greeting people, he seems nice. there is also a small town sheriff, leaning on the support post in front of the small jail, it might hold two or three people.

there is much talk and small town gossip about a stranger that recently rolled into town. he is seen occasionally at the blacksmith, occasionally wandering the town, but no one knows where he goes or comes from. he must be staying with someone in town, as this town has no inn or camping just outside of town.

you also notice that you quickly become the targets for a new buzz of gossip as the villagers start looking and pointing in your direction as well. they must not seen many outsiders, but that's not surprising really. in a village with only a blacksmith and no real market and not even an inn, most travelers must just ride on by.

Feathersnow
2022-05-23, 12:47 PM
The Problemshooter lands and shifts back into his normal form, then spends several seconds applying cosmetic changes to his looks. At last, having drawn a crowd, he asks Have any of you seen the last party sent up here or know anything about them?

samduke
2022-05-23, 03:15 PM
The Problemshooter lands and shifts back into his normal form, then spends several seconds applying cosmetic changes to his looks. At last, having drawn a crowd, he asks Have any of you seen the last party sent up here or know anything about them?

The Sheriff walks closer in your direction. Party as in a group like yours no I am sorry you must have the wrong village. Stranger you and your friends are the only new faces around here in many months except for the stranger that recently rolled into town a month or so back.

Dakrsidder
2022-05-23, 04:52 PM
Shen blinked a few times as he exited autopilot before wondering where he was and why he was with the most scary people present. He then took in his surroundings and realized progress was made, so it wasn’t a problem.

As he went around taking mental notes, he realized there was a good chance this village wouldn’t be of much help on the quest. Despite this, he decided it was worth asking a question. ”By any chance have you noticed anything strange happening from the direction of the mountains?”

samduke
2022-05-23, 07:17 PM
Shen blinked a few times as he exited autopilot before wondering where he was and why he was with the most scary people present. He then took in his surroundings and realized progress was made, so it wasn’t a problem.

As he went around taking mental notes, he realized there was a good chance this village wouldn’t be of much help on the quest. Despite this, he decided it was worth asking a question. ”By any chance have you noticed anything strange happening from the direction of the mountains?”

Responding to Shen
Well now there have been a few odd clouds over the mountain as of late but other than that nothing that obviously stands out.

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-05-24, 02:20 AM
Listening and considering the sheriff's reply, Draxus tilts his metal head and seeks clarification. "I am not familiar enough with clouds to know what would be considered 'odd' about them. Can you elaborate?"

samduke
2022-05-24, 03:01 AM
Listening and considering the sheriff's reply, Draxus tilts his metal head and seeks clarification. "I am not familiar enough with clouds to know what would be considered 'odd' about them. Can you elaborate?"

Pointing in the direction of the mountain. You will notice that today is a very nice day yet over that portion of the mountain there is that small dark grey cloud. to me that is odd.

(OOC the small cloud observed, compared to the mountain would be about this size of the whole current village that you are presently in. there are no other clouds around or near the mountain)

Archmage1
2022-05-24, 05:27 AM
Taking in the town, Illaria smiles warmly at the Sheriff. "It is an interesting town you have. But are you certain no one else has visited in the last few days? I was rather expecting to pick something up that should have been here first."

[roll0] Diplomacy(Keep him honest.)
[roll1] Bluff(Nothing to see here.)
[roll2] Sense Motive(Is he lying?)
(Notably, what happened to the other parties to depart?)

samduke
2022-05-24, 09:43 AM
Taking in the town, Illaria smiles warmly at the Sheriff. "It is an interesting town you have. But are you certain no one else has visited in the last few days? I was rather expecting to pick something up that should have been here first."

[roll0] Diplomacy(Keep him honest.)
[roll1] Bluff(Nothing to see here.)
[roll2] Sense Motive(Is he lying?)
(Notably, what happened to the other parties to depart?)

No one person or group of people other than yourselves, have come into the village in well over three weeks and the last to do so was a strange old man who did not buy anything and was seen wandering about before leaving. I am unaware of anything having been left for anyone by any other person.

Feathersnow
2022-05-24, 09:55 AM
That... is not what we expected to hear, but it is very informative. Thank you for your time, sir.

Archmage1
2022-05-24, 06:03 PM
Taking in the Sheriff's words, Illaria frowns slightly. Interesting. Not one of the other groups even considered visiting the village, and seeing if they knew anything? Were they all really that foolish? Considering my erstwhile companions... I suppose it is possible.
"How long has that cloud been present?"

samduke
2022-05-24, 08:25 PM
Taking in the Sheriff's words, Illaria frowns slightly. Interesting. Not one of the other groups even considered visiting the village, and seeing if they knew anything? Were they all really that foolish? Considering my erstwhile companions... I suppose it is possible.
"How long has that cloud been present?"

clouds have been around the mountain for about 17 days, near as I can recall.

Dakrsidder
2022-05-24, 09:14 PM
Shen just continues documenting as he looks back in the direction of the clouds. For some reason, as the sheriff talks about when it appeared, Shen feels as though something is off. ”I feel as though you aren’t being truthful, but I can’t comprehend why someone would lie about a cloud, so it’s probably nothing.”

Archmage1
2022-05-25, 05:21 AM
Illaria suppresses a moment of surprise at the fey-ri's comment, waiting to see how the sheriff would react to the comment.

Feathersnow
2022-05-25, 05:35 AM
Tyg waits for a response. He is unsure of any way to press the man for information that wouldn't be hostile and unwarranted, but there is clearly something useful to know here, whether the sheriff actually has it to tell or otherwise.

samduke
2022-05-25, 11:35 AM
Without answering the question, the sheriff states "I have a village to protect here, please excuse me." and leaves walking down the road towards the end of the village near where you entered.

you estimate that it would take about 4 hours (average horse speed) to reach the base of the mountain from here.

Feathersnow
2022-05-25, 01:49 PM
I guess we should move on. Unless someone tries to force the issue, he takes his disgusting drakhymera form then warps it into a pretty two-headed copper drake and begins to fly onward.

Archmage1
2022-05-25, 07:14 PM
Illaria frowns at the prospect of more mundane travel raises itself. "While I imagine we could travel there via mundane means, perhaps I might offer an alternative? Teleportation. Much faster."

Absent objections, Illaria will cast a couple of defensive spells before teleporting the group to a location near, but not directly under the cloud.

[roll0] Teleportation(Alas, with greater teleport being a 7th level spell, and Illaria not being a 14th level sorcerer, no greater teleportation for her. Ok, admittedly, even if she were a 14th level sorcerer, she wouldn't be taking greater teleport due to a lack of spells known.
Defensive Spells cast: Shield(Duration 12 minutes), Dragonskin(White) duration 130 minutes.

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-05-25, 11:11 PM
Considering the proposal, Draxus weighs the two options. "One option is certainly more expedient, but does lack the ability to scout or otherwise assess the situation from a distance before arrival. Are we prioritizing safety currently, or speed?" Seeming genuinely curious, the draconic warforged seem amiable to either option.

Dakrsidder
2022-05-26, 01:43 AM
Having been ignored, Shen appears somewhat dead inside. He was done with his documentation anyways and about ready to leave. As he heard the proposal to use teleportation, he nodded but hearing the warforged specimen’s perspective lights Shen up. ”Actually teleportation may be both safer and faster. Being able to assess from a distance is only useful if you can find something to assess. Additionally, it doesn’t help with lurking danger from behind. There’s the possibility of enemies lurking from behind in addition to ahead of us, but due to the speed of teleportation, it’s improbable they’ll pose a threat right away. With that in mind, there’d be fewer chances of being intercepted and a better shot at catching enemies off guard, which in turn improves the possibility of spotting them. However, if an enemy has magic to detect teleportation, it could be a bit detrimental.” He then covered his mouth once he realized just how much he was speaking.

samduke
2022-05-26, 06:02 AM
you and your group teleport as the unease of the spell starts to fade you look around the snow covered ground a few trees scattered here and there. nearby (300 feet) a rather unassuming cave entrance can be seen. around the entrance natural ice has formed.

near the entrance (60 feet) you find the corpses of three human men but none have any gear of any sort.

Archmage1
2022-05-26, 08:11 AM
As the flowing paths of the teleport fade away, and the world stops moving around her, Illaria looks around the immediate area, her poorly trained eyes quickly taking in the three stripped bodies and the ice around the cave entrance. Interesting.

Looking about for signs of threats, Illaria casts a fourth spell, enabling her to see the invisible.

[roll0] Spot(Both seeking signs of enemies, or what happened to the dead)
[roll1] Listen
Active spells:
Shield(12 minute base duration.)
Dragonskin(White) (130 minute duration)
See Invisibility(100 minute duration)

Feathersnow
2022-05-26, 09:58 AM
The Problemshooter, disoriented, enters into Righteous Devil stance and checks his mana allocation and that the safety is on on The Boomstick. Unlike a true doppelganger, his sense are limited, so he trusts the arcanists for esoteric searching. Instead, he selfishly uses endure elements on himself.

Archmage1
2022-05-27, 07:11 AM
Taking in the cold, icy surroundings, Illaria nods, once. "Nothing immediately here, beyond ice and death, but there are things moving within the cavern."

Despite that, she makes no move towards it, clearly waiting for some else to go first.

Dakrsidder
2022-05-27, 12:21 PM
Shen just looks around in awe, almost forgetting about the surrounding people. As he didn’t have much in terms of prep, he wandered into the den shortly after he finished looking at the entrance. While he walked, he continued making mental notes, but paid more attention to the scenery than to discrepancies.

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-05-27, 12:57 PM
Head swiveling to take in the new location, Draxus nods. "It seems we may have found one of the previous groups sent to investigate. Or perhaps locals that were merely unfortunate - without equipment, it is difficult to tell." Striding towards the cave entrance, he glances down at the corpses. "Once we are finished, perhaps we can assemble a pyre for the fallen. Would anyone else care to the vanguard position? I am more proficient at range, but will take any position deemed appropriate."

Archmage1
2022-05-27, 01:25 PM
Seeing Shen start to walk ahead almost as soon as Draxus asks about leading, Illaria looks to the robot dagon. "Looks like Shen is taking the lead."

Illaria waits until Shen is about fifteen feet ahead, before she follows, floating slightly off of the ground to keep her boots clean.

Feathersnow
2022-05-27, 01:25 PM
I may not be the best choice. But, if there are no volunteers, I can take the shape of my father and barrel forward.

The Problemshooter prepares to take Warrior of Lunatic Rage stance and meander forward, using his training as a sniper to spot hidden threats.

The Problemshooter looks out past Shen ready to provide suppressing fire in the event of an ambush.

Archmage1
2022-05-27, 03:38 PM
Pausing in the entrance as Shen proceeds, Illaria takes in the cavern before her, her inhuman eyes letting her see clearly, despite the dim light.

[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Listen.

samduke
2022-05-27, 09:22 PM
as the party ventures into the cavern, Tyg locates the cause of the noise that was eard earlier, just slightly past an opening to your left in the cavern ahead of you you see
https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5bd88db093a6320f071b1a50/1588084826142-7KZ7TXLO14X0AMFFSLK1/GelatinousCube_MM_3e.jpg

Shen, spots what he thinks is a trap right before the opening in the cavern to the left definitely between you and what is spotted

Dakrsidder
2022-05-27, 09:58 PM
Shen wanders towards the trap and tinkers with it out of curiosity.

As he approached, he noticed the cube which startled him a bit. Because it caught his attention, he looked at it in hopes of picking out any details of interest.

Shortly after, he remembered the trap and went back to work on it.

[roll0] Spot to see anything notable about the cube
[roll1] Disable device on trap

samduke
2022-05-28, 05:32 AM
as you work on the trap the cube ignorers you moving away at a fairly decent rate of speed and by the time the trap is disabled the cube has disappeared from sight

Archmage1
2022-05-28, 09:57 AM
Illaria freezes as Shen abruptly stops and starts examining something at his feet, and she floats carefully ten feet backwards, not wanting to get hit by whatever it was if it exploded.

While she waits for him to start moving, she takes another careful look around.

[roll0] Spot, anything else of interest
[roll1] Listen, same thing.

Archmage1
2022-05-29, 07:26 AM
Illaria, hearing the sounds of a colorful ooze oozing away, waits for a moment, before she speaks softly. "It sounds like there are oozes about. Be careful where you tread."

A warning given, she starts to float forwards, to better examine the trap Shen had identified and disabled.

samduke
2022-05-29, 02:06 PM
With the trap disabled and the odd cubish creture gone down the tunnel ahead of you , you proceed until you reach the branch in the tunnel where you could go north onto an alcove area or continue on trailing the cubish creature

Feathersnow
2022-05-29, 03:41 PM
That thing is moving for some reason, probably? Maybe find out what that reason might be?

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-05-29, 03:56 PM
Considering the limited information found so far, Draxus offers his best guess. "Perhaps it is something used by the resident to clean up unwanted organic matter. If so, it could be moving in a pattern, or it could have detected something and gone to tend to it." Flexing one metallic claw, he gazes into the tunnel. "Either way, our group consists of quite a bit of organic matter, so we should be cautious as we proceed."

Dakrsidder
2022-05-29, 04:46 PM
As the party comes to a stop, Shen quickly considers which way to go. ”I’m not opposed to the idea of following the ooze, especially considering it probably wouldn’t be too hard to vanquish if required. However, I’m not too certain about how fruitful it would be to do so.”

Archmage1
2022-05-29, 04:56 PM
Having been standing silently, listening to the wind echoing in the cave, Illaria shakes her head. "Pursuing the ooze would be a mistake. We're here to talk to a dragon. If the ooze is here, then it is here because the dragon either wants it here, or doesn't care enough to remove it. If the dragon wants it here, then removing it will not likely endear us to the dragon." She pauses for a moment, and then shrugs. "Of course, we haven't seen any signs of the dragon, but something is causing that cloud. And that something isn't the ooze."

She looks ahead, her eyes piercing the low light with ease. "Let's head for the larger cavern, straight ahead. Perhaps we can find some signs of what is going on here there."

Feathersnow
2022-05-29, 05:10 PM
The Problemshooter bows his head and gestures to follow the alternative plan

Dakrsidder
2022-05-30, 01:54 AM
Shen sighs quietly and takes the path away from the ooze. ”As fine as your assessment may be in this context, just because there’s a main objective doesn’t mean a few detours of intrigue wouldn’t be worthwhile.”

samduke
2022-05-30, 06:37 AM
Shen sighs quietly and takes the path away from the ooze. ”As fine as your assessment may be in this context, just because there’s a main objective doesn’t mean a few detours of intrigue wouldn’t be worthwhile.”

while the others discuss the matter of the cube and where it went and what to do, you wander up the cavern passage into the small alcove ( see OOC for comments next post for rolls)

samduke
2022-05-30, 06:45 AM
@Shen
solo trip up the alcove
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance yes
must make a caster level check (1d20 + caster level) at least equal to the creature’s spell resistance.
[roll0]
Effect 15-ft.-radius circle ( or just you )

let me know if this succeeds

Dakrsidder
2022-05-30, 09:29 AM
I have no SR and there doesn’t seem to be another way to avoid it, so it should land. Additionally, on the off chance it were a status ailment that lasted for more than a round, I have no actions, thus it can’t be negated. As for range, I’m guessing no one is within 15ft of me.

samduke
2022-05-31, 01:16 AM
Shen walking slightly in front of everyone else decides to turn left walking up the alcove as the rest stand at the intersection after about 20 feet of travel up the tunnel towards the end of the alcove Shen disappears entirely.

Shen walking looking towards the end of the alcove one second and in the blink of an eye is now looking out at the end of a small alcove that has a tunnel intersection that goes left and right, it is dimly lit here. (you know you have been teleported) off in the distance you definitely hear what you heard before with the sound that blueish greenish cube made as it was travelling away.

Dakrsidder
2022-05-31, 02:05 PM
Shen stood there dumbfounded by the fact he was teleported, but started wandering around after a moment. While he did wander aimlessly, he made sure not to move too far in case the others ended up here.

[roll0] Spot

In case it somehow helps, I have low-light and darkvision in addition to see the shadow, which alone sees through any sort of darkness

Archmage1
2022-05-31, 02:46 PM
Seeing Shen vanish, Illaria pauses, and assesses the situation.

All looking for the same thing: What happened to Shen.
[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Listen
[roll2] Know: Arcana
[roll3] Spellcraft
[roll4] Any other knowledge

samduke
2022-06-01, 02:27 AM
Illaria after standing there for a short bit you look back up the tunnel where shen went to discover that shen is now missing.
off in the distance down the tunnel to the east you definitely hear noises of combat

Archmage1
2022-06-01, 04:15 PM
Having finished her assessment, Illaria looks to The Problemshooter and Draxus, "It would seem that Shen was teleported elsewhere. And, coincidentally, I am hearing sounds of fighting to the east. Shall we?" As she finishes her cool assessment, she gestures regally to the east.

Dakrsidder
2022-06-01, 06:54 PM
As Shen heard the sounds of battle, he got anxious, not expecting such a thing to have happened already. Even if it wasn’t the people he had come with, it was certainly something at least worth taking a look at, so he took a wand from his bag and disappeared, moving towards the source of the sound.

[roll0] Move Silently
Spent a use from my Wand of Invisibility

samduke
2022-06-01, 11:19 PM
Noise of combat and moving on the parties part, from both angles
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/71/c4/4f/71c44fbd9e17c2b256182e086eb09a5d.jpg
(looking at map you Shen you approach the largest chamber <upper left area> from the north going south
the rest of the party enters the same area from the south going north)

When you enter the large chamber you see several dead humanoid bodies, with a few combatants fighting what looks like three Large sized Ice Dragons, while off to the north west guarding a tunnel is a Huge White Dragon watching what is going on but not participating in the combat.

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-06-02, 10:13 AM
Draxus gazes on the scene and turns to his companions. "This is... sub-optimal. Shall we assist?" A bolt of energy forms above one palm as he readies an attack.

Actions: Ready an Attack against one of the smaller dragons at the first sign of us joining the fight. IF combat begins:
+3 Splitting Mind Bolt (Original): Attack roll is [roll0] & Damage rolls are [roll1] Piercing + [roll2] Sonic
+3 Splitting Mind Bolt (Split): Attack roll is [roll3] & Damage rolls are [roll4] Piercing + [roll5] Sonic
(Both attacks must be at the same target)

samduke
2022-06-05, 02:57 AM
Draxus gazes on the scene and turns to his companions. "This is... sub-optimal. Shall we assist?" A bolt of energy forms above one palm as he readies an attack.

Actions: Ready an Attack against one of the smaller dragons at the first sign of us joining the fight. IF combat begins:
+3 Splitting Mind Bolt (Original): Attack roll is [roll0] & Damage rolls are [roll1] Piercing + [roll2] Sonic
+3 Splitting Mind Bolt (Split): Attack roll is [roll3] & Damage rolls are [roll4] Piercing + [roll5] Sonic
(Both attacks must be at the same target)

as you stand there and watch the three ice dragon kill another of the humanoids leaving them with just four members that seem the be fighting for their lives.

Archmage1
2022-06-05, 06:29 AM
Illaria shrugs at Draxus's words, before she looks to the motionless white dragon, whom she approaches. "Great and Mighty Krikk, we have come to seek your wisdom. Might you hear us?"

[roll0] Diplomacy(Trying to get Krikk talking)

samduke
2022-06-05, 11:54 AM
The white dragon turns its attention towards you

Archmage1
2022-06-05, 12:16 PM
With the dragon's attention acquired, Illaria continues speaking, doing her best to encourage the dragon to remain peaceful. "We come seeking knowledge that we hope that you, with your wisdom, might possess. A terrible winter, golems of ice, a frozen wasteland. These things were prophecised, but we know that you, in your greatness, would have no need to cause them. We hope that you might have some idea of who might attempt to taint your domain in such a fashion."

samduke
2022-06-05, 03:38 PM
With the dragon's attention acquired, Illaria continues speaking, doing her best to encourage the dragon to remain peaceful. "We come seeking knowledge that we hope that you, with your wisdom, might possess. A terrible winter, golems of ice, a frozen wasteland. These things were prophecised, but we know that you, in your greatness, would have no need to cause them. We hope that you might have some idea of who might attempt to taint your domain in such a fashion."

I do not know of this prophecy you speak, I pose no threat to you, as long as you do not pose a threat to me.
now tell me why it is you are truly here, is it for my treasure, my hide or something more sinister like those of your kind over there. They are in a futile fight, dyeing for a lost cause. Bid my warning do not help them or you will suffer their fate.

You are not certain of the dragons motives one way or the other.

Archmage1
2022-06-05, 04:01 PM
Illaria nods, maintaining her calm equanimity in the face of the seemingly angry dragon. "Your resplendence, the prophecy is a new one, created a few weeks ago by a known prophet. The fear of the local king." A brief moment of scorn appears on her face, but she soon smooths it away. "Drove us here, seeking the potential source of the ice golems mentioned in the prophecy, as the prophecy mentioned ice and cold of incredible power, which led him to think of your mightiness." She frowns momentarily as she considers the dragon's words. "When you say sinister, what was that group attempting? I had thought that they too had responded to the King's request, but your words suggest otherwise?"

[roll0] Continuing to keep the dragon talking in a friendly fashion(Diplomacy)
[roll1] Sense motive, seeking to judge the dragon's truthfulness(Although with a +30, she is unlikely to succeed.)

samduke
2022-06-06, 06:39 AM
your conversation is interrupted by plea's of help from the four remaining humanoids calling on your group to help them defeat the ice dragons.
(1d20+13)[30] humanoid diplomacy to the party
(1d20+13)[24] humanoid diplomacy to the party
(1d20+13)[17] humanoid diplomacy to the party
(1d20+13)[29] humanoid diplomacy to the party
The white dragon answers the question ignoring the pleas of the humanoids, I know nothing about the prophecy you speak, your king is a fool for sending his people like those that are dying, to their death.

You are not certain of the dragons motives one way or the other.

you watch as all three ice dragons breath their frost breaths onto the remaining four members , killing two of the members.

Archmage1
2022-06-06, 09:01 AM
Illaria frowns at the dragon's response. "In that case, I think we'll need an explanation."

She turns to the humanoids. "Perhaps you might care to explain what brought you here? You do appear to be short on time."

[roll0] Continuing to diplomacy the dragon.

Dakrsidder
2022-06-07, 03:58 PM
Out of curiosity of what these unusual ice dragons were, Shen continued to look deeper as his eyes shone blue.

After a short while, he tried to connect with one of said ice dragons while looking for a reaction of sorts. ”Hello there, what is it that you’re doing?”

Spent a second use of inspiration on Arcane Sight as an SLA. My modifier is high enough to auto succeed on whatever spells unless the DC is changed.

I also used my 100 ft telepathy in an attempt to get a reaction from one of the ice dragons. My invisibility should also still be up.

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-06-07, 05:43 PM
"You should cease fighting and flee if you can. Choosing to invade the Dragon's lair with violence was obviously not a wise decision." the half-dragon warforged calls out to the combatents. Nodding politely to the dragon, Draxus looks sadly at the quickly-resolving fight before continuing in a lower voice meant just for his companions. "Invading another's home and committing violence against them unprovoked, it is obvious that they should have the right to defend themselves and their homes, as is proper. But the loss of life is much regrettable. It is a shame we were not in time to see the start of the fight to be certain who is in the right, but unless we ourselves are attacked, I see little evidence that this is not a regrettably justified act."

samduke
2022-06-07, 06:32 PM
you watch as two of the three remaining humanoids ignoring you, strike the nearest ice dragon, killing it
and the third humanoid kills a 2nd ice dragon with a spell

Dakrsidder
2022-06-07, 09:34 PM
Having finished his brief analysis on the dragons, Shen tries to connect with the three he entered the den with. ”After a brief analysis, I’ve come to the conclusion that the white dragon is likely an obstacle related to the mission.

As you started asking questions, the dragon became evasive. The probability the dragon knows something about our objective is high, but the motive behind her attempts to twist things is inconclusive.

I’m also certain the ice dragons are constructs of sorts and it’s quite possible she made them. Despite this, they appear to have standard dragon casting abilities and SLAs, which is somewhat unusual.

I’m also a bit surprised the intruders struggled with the ice dragons considering one has access to especially high end magic.” As Shen telepathically communicates information, he briefly looks over everyone present to get somewhat of a gauge on them.

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-06-11, 11:56 PM
"Dragons are renowned for their desire of wealth. Perhaps a monetary incentive would act as a social lubricant in this situation?." Draxus consults his spaceial storage and pauses. "Were such a thing actually available. What I have seems to be inadequate for such a purpose, unfortunately. I currently hold the sum of two hundred gold pieces."

Feathersnow
2022-06-12, 03:47 AM
The Problemshooter looks on with confusion. If these are the second party, then we shouldn't pre-empt them. I'm not sold on how best to deal with this prophecy, but acting either way might be seen as an insult to the dragon if they win.

He thinks.

Parley!?

samduke
2022-06-12, 09:06 AM
While you continue to talk at the white dragon the Ice dragon turns it's attention towards the party breathing it's deadly icy breath covering the entire party.

Archmage1
2022-06-12, 09:28 AM
Bathed in the icy breath of the dragon, Illaria sighs coldly the wave of cold washes over her. In the aftermath, she shakes her head as the rime falls from her lustrous hair, although her pale skin seems a little frostburned. (5 damage taken)
Despite the dragon's warning, she turns to the ice dragon to conduct an experiment, her hand rising as she sings a short, fierce chant, before three rays of fire blast towards the ice dragon. With the fire lancing out, she speaks clearly and slowly to the remaining ice dragon, as though speaking to a small child or pet. "Bad Dragon."

Casting Scorching Ray
[roll0] Touch attack 1
[roll1] Fire damage 1

[roll2] Touch attack 2
[roll3] Fire damage 2

[roll4] Touch attack 3
[roll5] Fire damage 3

[roll6] Touch attack Crit confirm(If needed)
[roll7] Fire damage Bonus crit damage

samduke
2022-06-13, 04:06 AM
as you cast your spell (Scorching Ray) it leaps from your fingers striking the icy beast solidly weakening it significantly, as you do the white dragon speaks firmly, You have made your choice, now I give thee one last warning leave my cave or I will exact my wrath upon you.

Archmage1
2022-06-13, 07:11 AM
Illaria gives the dragon a cold look. "If you expect us to stand by while your minions attacked us, you are mistaken. This is your choice, not ours."

She looks back at her allies. "We're going to want to try to leave both the dragon and the other group alive for questioning."

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-06-14, 10:25 PM
Cocking a metalic head at the brief exchange, Draxus raises his arm as a bolt of psychic energy snaps into being, forming from a port on his outer foerarm. "Lord Dragon, we hope to converse and come to an amicable agreement and do not wish to intrude. However, this cannot be accomplished while under direct assault by this construct. Please forgive us the brief moments needed to resolve that, and we will happily continue our discourse afterward. I will attempt to avoid damage to the surrounding structure. Subjugation commencing." As he speaks loudly to the dragon, he fires three quick bolts in rapid succession, the bolts splintering apart and causing six identical projectiles to fly at the Ice Dragon construct.

Actions: Rapid Shot (+3 Splitting Mind Bolt enhanced) with Sonic energy:
Attack One (Original): [roll0] & Piercing Damage [roll1] + Sonic Damage [roll2]
Attack One (Split): [roll3] & Piercing Damage [roll4] + Sonic Damage [roll5]
Attack Two (Original): [roll6] & Piercing Damage [roll7] + Sonic Damage [roll8]
Attack Two (Split): [roll9] & Piercing Damage [roll10] + Sonic Damage [roll11]
Attack Three (Original): [roll12] & Piercing Damage [roll13] + Sonic Damage [roll14]
Attack Three (Split): [roll15] & Piercing Damage [roll16] + Sonic Damage [roll17]

Feathersnow
2022-06-16, 02:18 PM
So be it. May the Yonder take your spirit in peace The Problemshooter intoned in Draconic.

He turns off the safety on The Boomstick and groups up into Righteous Devil Stance.

He takes careful aim at the White Dragon, focusing on the ways of shootism until, for a moment, he can fire at am exposed part if its belly.

He then engages Blossom of Righteous Fire Technique, empowering a bullet to cut through everything in its path for greatly enhanced damage!

This attack hits the White dragon first then the Ice Dragon if succeeds on that hit, using the same roll. One conventional bullet is expended, but I remain fully loaded due to Righteous Devil Stance.

The Problemshooter uses his flanking shot ability to gain flanking versus the White Dragon for one round. This causes it to take an addition 1d6+8 damage and bleed out for 4 hp a round

to hit

[roll1] to confirm if critical threat

Damage on the White dragon [roll2] plus [roll3] acid

[roll4] manuever damage

Precision damage on the white dragon [roll5]

Hypothetical critical [roll6]

Damage on the ice dragon [roll7] plus [roll8] acid

Hypothetical critical [roll9]

Roll]6d6 manuever damage

samduke
2022-06-17, 12:33 AM
the party takes fast action and rapidly kills the already wounded ice dragon, This enrages the White dragon who immediately casts a spell which forms a rime of slippery ice to form over the entire floor of the cavern section it is in.
then it Breathes a cone of cold across everyone

caster humanoid, casts a spell on themselves (they disappear)
warrior humanoid charges white dragon striking the beast with a mighty blow causing it some injury
bow humanoid shoots white dragon striking the beast but it seems to have little to no effect.

White dragon
Casts a spell (spellcraft or other = is the equivalent of a 5th-level spell)
Breath weapon cone of cold as an AOE vs. entire party + remaining humanoids

The warrior humanoid & bow humanoid crumply under the frosty breath frozen to death in their own tracks

Archmage1
2022-06-17, 07:03 AM
Seeing the ground freeze below her hovering feet, Illaria frowns, and looks up at the dragon just as it breathes out, and she instinctively casts Ruin Delver's Fortune(immediate), and seems to somehow, impossibly drift out of the way of the oncoming storm, and not so much as a hair on her head seems to be out of place as the cold fades.

She then looks back at the dragon, and shakes her head. "Bad dragon. Now we need to make a point.". Despite herself, she remains in her position not too far from the dragon, hovering, and glaring at it.

Not wasting more time on words, she instead starts to sing and play her heart, and as the fire in her eyes flares, so too does the fire in the hearts of her allies rise in time with her music.

Illaria is using Dragonfire Inspiration(NOT inspire courage.). All allies receive a +3d6 fire damage per weapon hit, as well as fast healing 3.

Dakrsidder
2022-06-17, 01:37 PM
While Shen was casually analyzing, he realized everyone else had started fighting just as a cold mist washed over more potent than usual, which he managed to partially dodge. Seeing that most of the party had been hurt by it, he reached into the past for a solution when three hyper spirits appeared from behind two of which blasting a ray of positive energy. Soon after, he turned the surrounding terrain into bountiful land before tossing a small orb at the party, which disappeared moments later. With his last movement, he sped up and gave everyone an aura which made the cold bearable.

The first thing I did was use Past-Old History which allows me to take actions within the last 15 hours as long as it doesn’t contradict anything anyone present knows. Thus, at some point before now I had switched Greater Mirror Image for Mass Resist Energy, and used Traveling Companion in addition to Haste right before rolling initiative while having them stay just outside the breath attack area.

So far spend 1 move action for Mass Resist Energy being prepared, 3 humanoid Xag-Yas, and haste being applied on the three and Shen.

As summons act on my turn, two of them moved closer to the party and healed one person each while the last healed me. I’m too sure about who would receive the heals.

[roll0] Heal for Shen
[roll1] Heal for someone in party
[roll2] Heal for someone in party

As a swift action, I started my Sacred Treasure Land stance which gives a +3 sacred bonus to all saves, AC, attack and damage rolls to allies in addition to a dc 27 reflex save for enemies to stand range in every round else they’re pushed out of the area.

As a standard action, I’ll use Plain Fact to give one of the two who failed another chance to save with a Arcane result-15 (28) untyped bonus on the save. Right after, I make use of Cunning Surge for another standard action to cast Mass Resist Energy on all allies meaning 30 cold res for everyone

[roll3] Arcane result

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-06-17, 11:51 PM
Being bathed in ice, Draxus turns back to the white Dragon, the ice covering his body crackling and splintering as he does so. Focusing now on the only remaining threat, the draconic warforged's bolts of psychically manifested energy now find a new target as he unleashes another barrage, the first arrow of which flashes as more psionic power is dumped into it before it splits and zips towards the dragon.

Male C/G Shadow Half-Dragon Warforged Soulknife 10 / Illumine Soul 2 // Psy. Warrior 4 / Ninja 1 / Paladin 2, Level 12, Init -1, HP 79/111, DR 5/Magic, Speed 50'
AC 30, Touch 26, Flat-footed 25, Fort 23, Ref 23, Will 24, Base Attack Bonus +12/+7/+2, Power Points 41/41
+3 Splitting Mind Bolt +28/+28/+23/+23/+18/+18 (4d6+13 + 1d6 Sonic, 20/x3)
+3 Flaming Keen Wounding Armblade Mind Blade +20/+15/+10 (3d8+12 + 1d6 Fire + 1d6 Sonic + 1 Bleeding, 17-20/x2)
+3 Flaming Vampiric Whip-Dagger Mind Blade +20/+15/+10 (3d6+12 +1d6 Fire + 1d6 Sonic +1d6 to Living, 19-20/x2)
Unarmored (+5 Dex, +2 Deflect, +4 Natural, +9 Misc)
Abilities Str 20, Dex 20, Con 17, Int 12, Wis 28, Cha 8

Actions: Expend Psionic Focus to add Psionic Shot Damage to Rapid Shot (+3 Splitting Mind Bolt enhanced) with Sonic energy:
Attack One (Original): [roll0] & Piercing Damage [roll1] + Sonic Damage [roll2] + Psionic Shot Damage [roll3]
Attack One (Split): [roll4] & Piercing Damage [roll5] + Sonic Damage [roll6] + Psionic Shot Damage[roll7]
Attack Two (Original): [roll8] & Piercing Damage [roll9] + Sonic Damage [roll10]
Attack Two (Split): [roll11] & Piercing Damage [roll12] + Sonic Damage [roll13]
Attack Three (Original): [roll14] & Piercing Damage [roll15] + Sonic Damage [roll16]
Attack Three (Split): [roll17] & Piercing Damage [roll18] + Sonic Damage [roll19]

+3hp (Fast Healing 2)
Expends Psionic Focus

Feathersnow
2022-06-18, 04:59 PM
The Problemshooter, not wanting to die, casts Protection from Energy to shield his body from the cold and attempts to find cover.

samduke
2022-06-19, 06:57 AM
After taking several hits the mighty white dragon Casts a spell it fizzles and then the dragon moves into its opening as it does so the dragon seems enraged and is completely out of sight from all of the party at this point.

Archmage1
2022-06-19, 07:12 AM
Seeing the dragon, their only remaining source of information attempt to flee, Illaria shakes her head. "No, I don't think so. We have far too many questions to ask."

Abruptly, she seems to accelerate, somehow managing to cram another spell into a stolen moment of time even as ghostly wings flail at the white dragon in an attempt to disrupt the dragon's efforts at casting, and a strange, staccato, highly accelerated tune fills the room.

1st: Celerity(Immediate): Grants a standard action, and then dazes for a round.
2nd: Arcane fusion(True Casting + Wings of Flurry)

Wings of Flurry
[roll0] Defeating SR(Hopefully)(+10 from True Casting.)
Reflex(DC 24) save for half damage. If the save is failed, the dragon is dazed for 1 round(Which will stop the spell). If it succeeds, it still needs to make a concentration check(DC 38) or lose the spell.
[roll1] Force damage

Dakrsidder
2022-06-20, 08:24 PM
As the dragon teleported away, Shen ripped a page of the book he was writing in, which caused it to darken and fall apart. As the page faded, Shen could hear the rage of the dragon as she reappeared.

Right after, an incorporeal stream passed through his book to one of his allies as he focused on refreshing his mind. At the same time, the spirits continued their streams of positive energy focused on the party.

Details in OOC

Feathersnow
2022-06-22, 10:58 PM
The Problemshooter, not having a clear line to shoot the dragon, lets out a fervent prayer!

Cast prayer

Caster check to overcome the dragon's SR

[roll0]

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-06-22, 11:56 PM
Becoming still, Draxus seems to consentrate, focusing on gathering psychic energies within himself.

Male C/G Shadow Half-Dragon Warforged Soulknife 10 / Illumine Soul 2 // Psy. Warrior 4 / Ninja 1 / Paladin 2, Level 12, Init -1, HP 82/111, DR 5/Magic, Speed 50'
AC 30, Touch 26, Flat-footed 25, Fort 23, Ref 23, Will 24, Base Attack Bonus +12/+7/+2, Power Points 41/41
+3 Flaming Keen Wounding Armblade Mind Blade +20/+15/+10 (3d8+12 + 1d6 Fire + 1d6 Sonic + 1 Bleeding, 17-20/x2)
+3 Flaming Vampiric Whip-Dagger Mind Blade +20/+15/+10 (3d6+12 +1d6 Fire + 1d6 Sonic +1d6 to Living, 19-20/x2)
Condition Not Psionically Focused

Actions Move Action: Become Psionically Focused (DC 20) [roll0]
Standard Action: Charge Heavy Mind Bolt with Psychic Strike (+3d6)

+3hp (Fast Healing 3)
Regains Psionic Focus

samduke
2022-06-23, 08:16 AM
Round 6
The white dragon having lost line of sight to the enemy "does something"

Initiative Round 11
The party hears some sounds of water dripping from the walls as the ice melts from all around

Archmage1
2022-06-23, 11:45 AM
After carefully moving around to get a look into the passage the dragon went down, Illaria frowns as she sees no signs of the dragon, her eyes almost instinctively looking down at the ground in hopes of seeing some sort of tracks.

Swift: None.
Move: Move.
Standard: Look around for signs of dragon presence.(Rolled a 24 (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25499509&postcount=284))

Note: She already has see invisibility active.

Archmage1
2022-06-24, 07:28 AM
Not seeing any signs of the dragon, Illaria calls out. "Looks like the dragon teleported away as soon as it went around the corner."

Feathersnow
2022-06-24, 08:48 AM
Well, maybe we should consider writing a request for a parlay and leaving?

The Problemshooter casts Cure Moderate Wounds on himself 28+10

Archmage1
2022-06-24, 09:11 AM
Illaria frowns at The Problemshooter's suggestion. "Maybe, however we do need to investigate first. Who are the deceased humans? Maybe searching them might yield some answers. Why was the dragon immune to fire? White dragons should not be so immune. Where did the golem dragons come from?" She shakes her head. "For that matter, where did the dragon go? Dragons are not known for abandoning their lairs."

Dakrsidder
2022-06-24, 10:39 AM
As the party spoke, Shen failed to register it as he just flew towards one of the chests. There was no particular interest in the magic items laying out in plain sight nor the gems in the hoard he flew over. Once he reached it, he briefly looked over it before trying to open and identify it.

Arcane sight is still up and if the chest is locked, the Rod of Escape contains Knock.

[roll0] Spot for if there’s anything out of place
(34) Spellcraft

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-06-24, 06:02 PM
Draxus gestures at the workstation with an ice dragon head, left arm, and a tail. "It seems the dragon may have built the ice dragon constructs. It is an impressive skill to have, though dragons are long-lived so all their skills are likely to be impressive after so much experience. Even their hobbies must become impressively done after so long, I would think."

Moving to stand aside for those investigating, Draxus posts up to watch the exits for threats, only his head swiveling to monitor in methodical sweeps.

Male C/G Shadow Half-Dragon Warforged Soulknife 10 / Illumine Soul 2 // Psy. Warrior 4 / Ninja 1 / Paladin 2, Level 12, Init -1, HP 84/111, DR 5/Magic, Speed 50'
Condition Psionically Focused, Mind Re-Charged with Psychic Strike (+3d6)

Actions None
+2HP (Fast Healing 2 from Shadow Creature Template)

Archmage1
2022-06-25, 08:25 AM
Illaria approaches the golem workbench, preparing to examine it, seeming to hum idly as she prepares to do so.

Move: Approach the golem workbench.
Standard: Song of Arcane Power [roll0] Perform (+4 CL to her next spell)

Feathersnow
2022-06-25, 02:05 PM
The Problemshooter prepares an action to shoot anything that charges Illaria as she investigates.

samduke
2022-06-26, 06:11 AM
Shen moves to the chest as others move around in the alcove area, Shen then opens the chest

Chest of Nothing:
A large looking chest that, when opened, violently sucks everything in 300 ft into itself (no save allowed)

Everyone sees this after Shen opens the chest
you are covered in a pile of gold (see dragon horde, the items from the humans, and the golem pieces but not the workstation or the chests)

Scores of massive 3ft-diameter columns hold up a ceiling tiled in dark stone. Across a gulf of darkness, something glitters with orange light.
As a character approaches the orange light you saee a Devil Face This devil face is set near the ceiling (25 feet above the floor).

Cinders, ashes, charred bones and skulls, and the crisped and blackened remains of gear, clothing, arms, and armor are strewn about a huge, glowing orange gem.

This shining orange gem is the size of a fist.

Archmage1
2022-06-27, 05:35 AM
Illaria gives Shen a fairly harsh look. "Traps do get triggered. This is why it is wiser to not open things until after the area has been assessed." She then looks around, taking in the blackened remains, and the pile of treasure. "Before we proceed, we should split this, as there will be more traps."

She also, cautiously, casts Resist Energy: Fire on herself.(CL 16)

Feathersnow
2022-06-27, 07:28 AM
So, are we committed to killing the dragon, or are we just going to ransom this stuff back? Because, otherwise, we might just leave the traps.

Not wanting to die in a fire trap, The Problemshooter also caats protection from energy on himself, choosing fire.

Archmage1
2022-06-27, 07:44 AM
Illaria shakes her head at The Problemshooter's words. "Collecting this stuff now makes sense, as it will be destroyed when the fire trap triggers. I am, however, wary about the trap; This seems to have been fairly well thought out, and while I could attempt to teleport us free, I suspect that such an attempt will both fail, and trip the trap." Still bagging things, Illaria looks up, and around the large chamber. "There does seem to be a distinct lack of physical exits as well.". Finally, she looks back to The Problemshooter. "As for the dragon, we're going to need it alive, because from what we have seen it seems likely to be involved at the least. Which means we need to ask it questions, and get answers."

Dakrsidder
2022-06-27, 10:20 AM
In contrast to the rest of the party, Shen didn’t think this was merely a trap. To him, it appeared more like a dangerous artifact from the lower realms, which is still dangerous, but more intriguing. Thus, every word simply goes in one ear and out the other as Shen’s curiosity grows.

As a result, he gets up to take a closer look but also keeps a 15ft distance between him and it for a small sense of security. As he does so, he tried to appraise it further curious of its nature.

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-06-27, 06:03 PM
Draxus gestures at the ominous gem. "Does anyone perhaps have a spare storage device and a way to get it to the gem? Perhaps a floating bag of holding could simply be dropped over it? I am unfamiliar with the feasibility of this option, but I am short on creative solutions, otherwise.."

Gaying around the space, Draxus takes a mental catalogue of the valuables, considering if anything might be of immediate use.

Male C/G Shadow Half-Dragon Warforged Soulknife 10 / Illumine Soul 2 // Psy. Warrior 4 / Ninja 1 / Paladin 2, Level 12, Init -1, HP 86/111, DR 5/Magic, Speed 50'
Condition Psionically Focused, Mind Re-Charged with Psychic Strike (+3d6)

Actions None

samduke
2022-06-29, 07:44 AM
the party gathers up the treasure that they can carry or store, and observes the glowing gem from a safe distance of 15ft.
the pillars in this area are to numerous to count and go on for quite some distance in all directions.

Feathersnow
2022-06-29, 11:07 AM
I've got nothing, but I have to imagine there is some way out. He looks up. It occurs to him a dragon would just fly out of a pit, if that was what this was. She certainly wouldn't scale the walls. If there was a failsafe if the dragon trapped herself, "up" is worth looking into.

Archmage1
2022-07-01, 05:12 PM
Illaria looks at The Troubleshooter. and shakes her head. "If I were to be the one creating such a trap, there would be no easy way out." She then takes another look around, sending her silvery hair flying, before she shrugs. "Then again, if I were creating such a trap, we would be dead."

Without further comment, she flies up to the ceiling, before playing a short, interrogative tune as she casts detect magic, before surveying the area, including ceiling, the gem, and the demon face.

Roll time!
Detect magic spellcraft checks
[roll0] Gem?
[roll1] Ceiling?
[roll2] Face?
[roll3] extra?
[roll4] extra2?

[roll5] Know: Arcana(The gem)
[roll6] Know: Arcana(The face)
[roll7] Know : Anything Else(The gem)
[roll8] Know : Anything Else(The face)
[roll9] Know : Anything Else(This area)

Archmage1
2022-07-04, 08:05 AM
Her investigation completed, Illaria frowns once more. "Teleporting out might be possible, as there doesn't seem to be any obvious magical barriers in place, but I continue to have doubts. I'm uncertain as to what the gem is, but it does scream trap, so perhaps leaving it alone is the right course." She nods, once, before continuing. "Yes, that is the right approach. These columns are obviously artificial, so someone or something did build them. Perhaps they erred in their approach."

With that, she drifts off once again, approaching the closest wall, with the intent to look all around, and see if there were any obvious oddities(Such as doors, cracks, dragons and other things of interest.)

[roll0] Spot

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-07-04, 01:31 PM
Considering the problem, Draxus turns to his companions, "Iif you think the trap is only fire-based, I can attempt to set it off while you keep your distance. I am immune to fire, and perhaps seeing the mechanics of the event will help us decide how to counter its effects."

Male C/G Shadow Half-Dragon Warforged Soulknife 10 / Illumine Soul 2 // Psy. Warrior 4 / Ninja 1 / Paladin 2, Level 12, Init -1, HP 88/111, DR 5/Magic, Speed 50'

Action: None

Dakrsidder
2022-07-04, 11:49 PM
Failing to learn anything new, Shen's expression showed signs of disappointment. ”The problem is that the gem’s aura doesn’t support the notion of being a trap. Despite this, it is probably pretty dangerous. I also can’t glean much from my current position, so my curiosity is waning. Fire that can penetrate immunity isn’t unheard of either, but do what you see as most beneficial in these circumstances.”

As he says this, he thinks back to the collection of cursed artifacts at the library and wonders how his mentor managed to deal with them. Regardless, he already has a potential solution in mind, but he’d rather just observe what the others decide to do.

samduke
2022-07-05, 11:13 AM
Illaria begins to fly off in a random direction and quickly begins to realize there may be no wall anytime soon.

Feathersnow
2022-07-06, 02:20 PM
The Problemshooter closely examines the area with his training in observation. Surely no one would make a trap that they couldn't get out of. Not one that her treasure might get stuck in!

[roll0] spot

Archmage1
2022-07-07, 08:02 AM
Illaria pauses after flying past one set of columns, taking another look around, before attempting to disbelieve any illusions. For all that this seemed to be on the same plane, it was also impossibly large.

[roll0] Will save

samduke
2022-07-08, 03:18 PM
problem solver looking around gets a bit closer to the gem but remains 5ft away

Feathersnow
2022-07-09, 12:58 PM
That gem, it looks preposterously valuable. I think maybe I should grab it. I doubt it is real, but it might be a trigger for something, and I currently have spells up to resist cold and fire.

samduke
2022-07-10, 03:07 PM
As Problem Solver Touches the Gem ...
All Characters arrive suddenly (as from a teleport trap)

Water spills from a wall basin onto a sodden floor strewn with decayed bones and rotted equipment.
Runes are carved in the northern wall (Anyone studying the runes who can read Draconic sees the following)

YOU WHO DARED TO VIOLATE MY TOMB MAY REMAIN AND DIE SLOWLY OF STARVATION, OR ESCAPE TO CERTAIN DEATH.
WHATEVER YOUR CHOICE, LORD STRAHD VON ZAROVICH WATCHES AND SCOFFS AT YOUR PUNY EFFORTS AND ENJOYS YOUR DEATH THROES

Archmage1
2022-07-11, 12:10 PM
Not able to read the runes, Illaria sighs as another trap is triggered, recasts detect magic, and surveys new room that was definitely, totally, 100% not an illusion.

Dakrsidder
2022-07-11, 06:51 PM
Shen looks at the runes and mumbles to himself ”that’s a bit over dramatic for touching a stone”. However, he did find it to be unfortunate that the stone truly was trapped, but that just meant there’d be no hard feelings in leaving now. Despite this, he continued to watch, as he didn’t have many things that’d prove useful in this situation.

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-07-12, 04:54 PM
Staring blankly at the message on the northern wall, Draxus turns to look at his companions, translating the message and relaying it to them before adding, "Well. If you all starve to death, do not worry. I will attempt to carry your remains with me should I ever be rescued from this place. Although, optimally, we can find a way to extricate ourselves before your inevitable starvation."

Male C/G Shadow Half-Dragon Warforged Soulknife 10 / Illumine Soul 2 // Psy. Warrior 4 / Ninja 1 / Paladin 2, Level 12, Init -1, HP 90/111, DR 5/Magic, Speed 50'

Feathersnow
2022-07-13, 06:32 AM
I have a ring of sustenance, so I won't starve. Worst case scenario, in a few hours I can pray for the ability to summon and bind an earth Elemental and try to bargain with it to dig us out. But that is dangerous and difficult, so I think we should start by investigating to make sure there really is no way out from here. It would be logistically difficult to build a tomb with no doors or walls, but it could be done.
Perhaps the old standby of hugging the left wall going forward?

samduke
2022-07-13, 09:53 PM
the water is flowing from the wall, The water is safe to drink, there is a door to the south, The door opens easily, a narrow passage behind leads to a landing and steps that funnel south.

The walls are lined with copper (untarnished and gleaming) panels set between rare woods inlaid with ivory. The ceiling is silvered iron, formed so as to reflect and multiply light. Upon the fourth step is a large, cylindrical key of bronze, The doors on the south
wall are apparently made of mithral.

Archmage1
2022-07-14, 05:33 AM
Illaria frowns as she takes in the luxurious surroundings. "While we can certainly explore this place, I could also teleport us out. There doesn't seem to be any signs of magic in the area. The materials used in the construction of this place do seem unusual." She takes another look around. "Someone is, presumably, repairing them, since I find it unlikely that any thieves teleported here wouldn't remove them." She gives Shen and the Troubleshooter a look before she continues. "But before we proceed with anything, it would be wise to Check. For. Traps." Her final three words are said with great focus, to encourage any listeners the appreciate the importance of said checking.

Dakrsidder
2022-07-14, 09:41 AM
Shen sat there for a while longer before realizing he was being told to do something. As such, he stood up and realized his surroundings were different. After coming to terms with that, he went ahead and did as asked.

[roll]1d20+18 Spot just looking for whatever details in the surroundings
[roll]1d20+27 Knowledge Planes wondering if they’re in the same plane as before
[roll0] Search for traps
[roll1] Disable Device if there were any

Archmage1
2022-07-18, 12:13 PM
After Shen finishes looking around, Illaria gives him a look. "Did you locate any traps?"

Dakrsidder
2022-07-18, 02:38 PM
As Shen made mental notes of his surroundings, he was made aware he had forgotten to say something about the traps. ”Sorry, I forgot to say something about it. I couldn’t locate any traps, so it’s probably safe to continue onwards.”

Archmage1
2022-07-18, 08:07 PM
Illaria nods, before gesturing towards the doorway. "In that case, after you."

Dakrsidder
2022-07-18, 08:47 PM
Shen wondered to himself what would make someone so paranoid, but took the front anyways as he didn’t really mind.

Archmage1
2022-07-19, 05:31 AM
Illaria will follow, although she maintains at least a 20 foot distance, having decided that traps are apparently quite plentiful, and that they would be triggered by others.

Feathersnow
2022-07-19, 07:50 AM
The Problemshooter, suitably chastened, follows

samduke
2022-07-19, 01:08 PM
The doors are 14- feet wide and 28-feet tall (and 3-feet thick). They are not forged of mithral; they just appear as if they are. When checked they are locked (DC 45 Open Lock)

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-07-19, 11:51 PM
Following the others and gaying upon the door in question, Draxus asks the group, "Should we attempt to break through?."

Male C/G Shadow Half-Dragon Warforged Soulknife 10 / Illumine Soul 2 // Psy. Warrior 4 / Ninja 1 / Paladin 2, Level 12, Init -1, HP 92/111, DR 5/Magic, Speed 50'

Archmage1
2022-07-20, 05:21 AM
Illaria considers Draxus's words for a few moments, before responding. "Not as a first attempt. It would be better if we were able to quietly open them. Doing so would allow us to try testing the waters, rather than diving in." She pauses for a moment, and smiles briefly. "Of course, if none of you can pick locks, I can remove the doors from our path, but closing them afterwards would be impossible."

Archmage1
2022-07-20, 01:50 PM
Illaria then frowns as she floats up to avoid an obstacle on the stairs, and looks down, before she bends down to pick it up. "Or we could try this key."
She then tosses it lightly towards Shen and Draxus.

Dakrsidder
2022-07-20, 06:09 PM
As Shen was fishing for the Rod of Escape in his bag, he heard mention of a key and caught it. Before anything else, he wondered how he could’ve missed something like that right in front of him, but shrugged and attempted to open the door with it.

samduke
2022-07-21, 10:07 AM
upon unlocking the door with the key both doors swing open of their own accord. a short hallway leads into the crypt. Inside the dimly lit room, lit by 4 everburning torches. at the center of the room lies a Huge Granite Sarcophagus. In each of the corners stands an Iron Statue

Each iron statue is 9 feet tall and is forged of black iron. The statue to the northeast stands with a saw-toothed two-handed sword raised to strike; the statue to the northwest has a huge, spike-ended mace; to the southeast the sculpture readies a wickedly spiked morning star, and the one in the southwest has a glaive. Each has an evil aura (overwhelming), and the visage of each of these iron statues is most fearsome and terrifying.

Granite Sarcophagus: The huge outer shell of this stone container is scribed with the name Strahd von Zarovich (a DC 20 Spot check reveals that some precious inlay was pried out at some point in the past).

The sarcophagus opens with not too much effort (DC 20 Strength check) and contains the rotted remnants of an inner wooden coffinlike shell, defaced jewelry (precious stones pried out), torn bits of robes and windings, dust, and a broken staff (a DC 25 Knowledge (arcana) check reveals that it was a staff of the magi).
Among the remnants is a shattered skull.

A pile of gems, coins, vials, scrolls, and other items lies on the far wall from the doors. Just inside the door of this mithral vault, but against the rune-scribed left wall is a stone bier. On the bier is a thick layer of dust mixed with bone shards and a gem-encrusted skull

Archmage1
2022-07-22, 06:35 AM
Illaria frowns as she looks over the contents of the chamber. "This looks like someone's private getaway, one that has already been looted. Or at least, one that looting was attempted. Regardless, perhaps there is something of interest here."

She steps into the room.

Feathersnow
2022-07-22, 08:12 PM
The Problemshooter follows, closely examining everything. "I'd be surprised if it was this simple"

[roll0] spot check

Archmage1
2022-07-24, 09:01 AM
Illaria, after finishing her examination of the contents of the room frowns. "Strange. If someone pried the gems from the tomb, I would have expected there to be a way out, but yet, there also seems to be a pile of treasure on the far wall. The statues seem to be enchanted. There is something not obvious about the threat this room poses."

She approaches the statues, examines their weapons more closely.

Examining the statues more closely, looking for signs that the move, or have moved in the past, such as markings in the dust, blood/grime on their weapons, and other similar things.
[roll0] Search
[roll1] Spot

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-07-24, 09:45 AM
Scanning the room, Draxus' gaye rests on the pile of seemingly pre-looted treasure. "Perhaps the treasure itself was coated in poison, or trapped by some arcane means?." Looking up to the metal statues, his head tilts slightly indicating the focus of his attention, "Or possibly there are guardians with orders to eliminate anyone who attempts to leave with such."

Male C/G Shadow Half-Dragon Warforged Soulknife 10 / Illumine Soul 2 // Psy. Warrior 4 / Ninja 1 / Paladin 2, Level 12, Init -1, HP 94/111, DR 5/Magic, Speed 50'

Action: Using the Paladin ability Detect Evil (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/detectEvil.htm)
Spot Check (If Needed): [roll0]
Listen Check (If Needed): [roll1]

samduke
2022-07-26, 04:41 PM
As the party scans around the room searching without touching, looking at the fine details of the statues, tomb, and the odd pile of loot that is against the far wall. Shen notices a strange hairline that if not looking directly at it it could easily be missed. This hairline extends from the floor to the ceiling. The small pile of loot sits slightly to the right of this hairline. the floor in this area can not be seen as loot covers it fully.

Dakrsidder
2022-07-28, 10:32 AM
Having noticed the discrepancy, Shen decided to telepathically communicate this before any further investigation. ”I think I might’ve found a secret passage over here partially covered by items”.

Archmage1
2022-07-28, 10:44 AM
Illaria frowns at Shen's words. "That's strange. If our hypothetical thief left, then that may be the route chosen, however why leave the treasure?"

Dakrsidder
2022-07-28, 11:34 AM
”There’s several possibilities as to what could’ve happened, but even without magic, there’s a few things you haven’t considered. For example, the circumstances or creatures present could’ve made a difference.”

“Anyways, the question is where the danger currently lurks and if the door should be looked into now or the room continued to be explored.” As Shen finishes his thoughts, he looks around the room briefly and is disappointed by the lack of information he could uncover without getting close.

Feathersnow
2022-07-28, 11:36 AM
Something is very wrong. Sadly, I have no clue what it is. The Problemshooter continues to make no sudden moves and not touch anything.

Archmage1
2022-07-28, 12:12 PM
Illaria nods, once, and takes another look around the ominous crypt. "Which raises the question: Do we want to proceed? I can attempt to teleport us out of here. This entire area feels like a trap."

Dakrsidder
2022-07-28, 03:01 PM
At the mention of the word teleport, Shen lit up a bit. ”I forgot teleportation was an option. This place might as well be a living trap. With that in mind, we’ve already done a lot of exploration, and this doesn’t appear to be connected to the original quest anyways.” He manages to say this without feeling bad for being a hypocrite.

Feathersnow
2022-07-29, 02:46 AM
I concur. This is... a death trap we found at the middle of a different death trap. Which we are only in because the people we were sent to find decided to commit suicide by way of dragon. And it has already been looted. I find it unlikely any good can come of staying here.

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-07-29, 10:12 PM
A low growl emanates from Draxus' barrel chest as his metallic claws clench tightly. " "The four iron statues, the tomb and all of its contents, and even the gem skull all radiate with evil. It is....cloying. We should cleanse this place. With fire. "

Male C/G Shadow Half-Dragon Warforged Soulknife 10 / Illumine Soul 2 // Psy. Warrior 4 / Ninja 1 / Paladin 2, Level 12, Init -1, HP 96/111, DR 5/Magic, Speed 50'

Action:

Archmage1
2022-07-30, 06:24 AM
Illaria frowns at Draxus's words. and she turns to address him. "Evil waiting calmly in a tomb isn't really doing anything evil. And based on the power of the auras, it would be quite risky to attempt such a cleansing. If teleporting isn't blocked, we can return here after gathering more information, and being better prepared for what seems to be a death trap.

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-07-30, 09:20 AM
Gritting his sharp metallic teeth, Draxus gives Illaria a curt nod. " "Keeping everyone alive is the greater concern... for now. Please mark this place well in your mind. If we can escape now, we will want to return with fire and fury when the time comes to see this place cleansed."

Male C/G Shadow Half-Dragon Warforged Soulknife 10 / Illumine Soul 2 // Psy. Warrior 4 / Ninja 1 / Paladin 2, Level 12, Init -1, HP 98/111, DR 5/Magic, Speed 50'

Archmage1
2022-07-30, 10:01 AM
Illaria nods, before attempting to cast teleport, to return us to the dragon cave.

[roll0] Teleport

samduke
2022-08-01, 02:43 PM
(cave entrance of white dragon just before entering)
You find yourselves standing in waist deep snow, it is currently snowing on the mountain - there is no cave in sight anywhere.

(Narrow passageway)
You find yourselves standing in a passageway that is about 3ft wide 6ft tall and extends to your right about 15ft and to your left about 15ft you believe these walls to be at least 6ft thick.

as you are standing there you overhear the following.

You are worthless I told you to destroy every last one who ventured up there no matter what. the king was to fall tonight and "Door Slams" voices fading into the distance.... with out those constructs it does not look like I get to blame it on prophecy, now we will have to do it the old fashion way..."two distinct sets of foot falls are fading away with the conversation"

Feathersnow
2022-08-02, 01:26 PM
The Problemshooter realizes two things in short order. First, he is very lost and alone. Second, the king should know of this right away. Once the voice falls silent, he turns around and hugs the left wall until he sees something besides hallway.

Archmage1
2022-08-03, 05:27 AM
Hearing the sound coming through the wall she was facing, Illaria demonstrates her tact and quietly disintegrates it, not particularly wanting to bother with a maze.

samduke
2022-08-04, 11:24 AM
your spell seems to need to work a bit harder than you anticipate, but a 10ft wide by 10ft thick hole in the wall has occurred on the other side of the hole, is what appears to be a hallway lit by braziers every 15ft to your left about 15ft is a partial wall and a large solid looking door, down the hall to the right the hall goes roughly 15ft then turns to the right. You do not hear anything.

Archmage1
2022-08-04, 11:41 AM
Looking both ways, Illaria quietly floats over, and cracks open the recently slammed door, taking a look at the other side.

[roll0] Hide
[roll1] Move silently(Note: She is floating)
[roll2] Listen(Can she still hear the footfalls, or is she able to deduce which way they went?)

Archmage1
2022-08-04, 07:01 PM
Not hearing anything alarming, Illaria looks back, to check if The Troubleshooter was following her, before opening the door, and looking down the corridor.

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-08-05, 12:02 AM
""Hhhmm...." Glancing around, Draxus looks around for any sign of his companions or the cave, assessing the area he finds himself in.

Male C/G Shadow Half-Dragon Warforged Soulknife 10 / Illumine Soul 2 // Psy. Warrior 4 / Ninja 1 / Paladin 2, Level 12, Init -1, HP 100/111, DR 5/Magic, Speed 50'

Spot: [roll0]

samduke
2022-08-05, 07:00 AM
Draxus/Shen you see each other, but nothing resembling the cave which you know should be nearby based on the features of the mountain. you know the direction towards the closest village and estimate it will take a day to walk there.

Illaria/Problemshooter
you see each other, the only sounds you hear are that of the braziers burning, through open door you can see a hallway about 20ft wide, 15t high extending in a north south direction, to the south the floor becomes carpeted and decends down stairs some distance. To the north the hall extends about 50ft before ending at a closed heavly reinforced metalic door

Feathersnow
2022-08-05, 07:37 AM
The Problemshooter nods that he intends to follow. He remains in his normal shape, The Boomstick with safety on.

[roll0] move silently

Archmage1
2022-08-06, 08:30 AM
Illaria quickly continues to float down the hallway, and tests the closed door to determine if it was locked.

samduke
2022-08-06, 10:31 AM
Illaria reaches the reinforced door, looking it over You notice this door has what appears to be not one but 10 separate key holes

it is locked
(if detect magic is attempted you will realize that it is no longer functioning along with any other magical thing you might posses.)

Feathersnow
2022-08-06, 12:19 PM
The Problemshooter gestures to move over so he can try to open the locked door. He practiced for this!

[roll0] open lock

Archmage1
2022-08-07, 07:11 AM
Illaria whispers to The Problemshooter as he gets to work on the door. "Perhaps we should come back here later. The voice we heard must not have gone this way."

Archmage1
2022-08-08, 07:53 PM
After waiting for a moment to make sure that The Troubleshooter heard her, Illaria heads back down the corridor, through the door, and continues down the passage(Away from her "entry"). As she floats along, she continues to look about warily, listening intently for any signs of life.

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-08-09, 01:01 AM
Draxus turns to Shen after spotting his only present companion. "Is this not the entrance to the cave? It looks the same to me... but without the cave." Looking around in apparent confusion, he nods slowly. "Perhaps the others are also not exactly where intended. We should search for them."

Male C/G Shadow Half-Dragon Warforged Soulknife 10 / Illumine Soul 2 // Psy. Warrior 4 / Ninja 1 / Paladin 2, Level 12, Init -1, HP 102/111, DR 5/Magic, Speed 50'

samduke
2022-08-09, 05:06 AM
After waiting for a moment to make sure that The Troubleshooter heard her, Illaria heads back down the corridor, through the door, and continues down the passage(Away from her "entry"). As she floats along, she continues to look about warily, listening intently for any signs of life.

You reverse course going back past the door, past the hole in the wall around the corner to the right....
as you round the corner you no longer make any sound as you travel you can not hear the sound of the burning braziers..
you see the hallway extend another 30ft before ascending up about 30ft and then you can see no further.

Archmage1
2022-08-09, 05:38 AM
Illaria continues floating along, her green eyes needing no light to see as she ascends the stairs.

Dakrsidder
2022-08-09, 06:14 PM
Shen just shrugs at the words before briefly looking for the direction to town. ”It is a bit strange, but considering the dragons left it, it probably has something to do with that.”

“As for the others, we can search a bit, but based on the evidence, I’d say it’s unlikely we’ll find them. With the spell teleportation, those who take part in it end up in close proximity to each other, which didn’t happen. Additionally, I noticed a foreign presence as teleport was casted, which likely is the reason for that and thus it’s quite unlikely either of them are nearby. Our best bet probably is to get back to town and see if anything has changed.”

Feathersnow
2022-08-10, 10:41 AM
The Problemshooter shrugs and follows. The mist important thing now is to get back.

samduke
2022-08-10, 12:54 PM
as you reach the top of the stairs the hallway extends another 15ft then turns to the right and there are more stairs leading up, following the stairs up further to another landing where the hall now extends back to the north about 90ft down the hallway you see a large solid looking reinforced door with several key holes.

Archmage1
2022-08-10, 05:51 PM
Not pausing in her steady floating advance, Illaria continues towards the door, her immaculate silver hair flowing in the wind of her passage.

If she reaches the door without anything untoward happening, she tests it, to see if it is locked.

samduke
2022-08-10, 11:01 PM
Not pausing in her steady floating advance, Illaria continues towards the door, her immaculate silver hair flowing in the wind of her passage.

If she reaches the door without anything untoward happening, she tests it, to see if it is locked.

it is locked, ((if detect magic is attempted you will realize that it is no longer functioning along with any other magical thing you might posses.))

Archmage1
2022-08-11, 04:52 AM
Illaria looks to The Troubleshooter. "Another antimagic door. Whomever these people are, they have a massive budget. And we have lost any chance of catching those voices. Perhaps they went down, not up?"

samduke
2022-08-11, 12:28 PM
After traversing back down the stairs though the hallway to the stairs leading down and going to the bottom of those stairs... you see all of the following.
Large Room well lit, the ceiling is some 100ft tall however there is a noticeable (gargantuan) size hole in the ceiling
the room from where you are to the opposite side is 250ft across and from the wall to your right which is about 90ft away to the wall on your left you again think it is roughly 250ft across.

to your right there is a set of double doors they are closed and bared from the side as you look at them preventing easy access from the other side

the floor is finely crafted marble and stone in places it is covered by rugs of various sizes.

across you see a finely crafted stone wall it extends the entire distance unbroken

looking left the wall that your stairs are on is constructed exactly like the one across from you.

to your left at the far end of the room are 2 stone chairs ornately crafted one slightly larger than the other.

to both sides of the chairs about 10ft away from each, are two columns made of marble some 5ft round.

muffled cries are heard from a man that has been stretched across from one column to the other.
on the floor at his feet lies a golden crown

Roll Initiative
BBEG [roll0]
Druid [roll1]

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-08-11, 04:38 PM
Furrowing a metallic brow, Draxus nods his head reluctantly. "We should at least leave signs for them, in case they pass through." Blade of psychic energy snapping out of his wrist, the half-dragon warforged begins scratching a crude arrow towards town on the face of the rock along with 'D & S' under it to denote who the sign came from.

Male C/G Shadow Half-Dragon Warforged Soulknife 10 / Illumine Soul 2 // Psy. Warrior 4 / Ninja 1 / Paladin 2, Level 12, Init -1, HP 104/111, DR 5/Magic, Speed 50'

samduke
2022-08-11, 08:22 PM
Furrowing a metallic brow, Draxus nods his head reluctantly. "We should at least leave signs for them, in case they pass through." Blade of psychic energy snapping out of his wrist, the half-dragon warforged begins scratching a crude arrow towards town on the face of the rock along with 'D & S' under it to denote who the sign came from.

Male C/G Shadow Half-Dragon Warforged Soulknife 10 / Illumine Soul 2 // Psy. Warrior 4 / Ninja 1 / Paladin 2, Level 12, Init -1, HP 104/111, DR 5/Magic, Speed 50'

**presuming mark is on the ground or surface that is not shielded by tree branches

you draw a mark and then realize that the rate it is snowing the mark will be covered in a matter of minutes

and if on a tree it will not be very large as all the trees up here are scrub/small (6-10ft tall)

Geeksthenewsexy
2022-08-12, 10:50 PM
Grunting in resignation at the snow accumiúlation, Draxus resigns himself to instead carving a quick and simple small arrow on any decent-sized branch or tree trunk along the way and hoping for quantity over quality on the way back to town.

Male C/G Shadow Half-Dragon Warforged Soulknife 10 / Illumine Soul 2 // Psy. Warrior 4 / Ninja 1 / Paladin 2, Level 12, Init -1, HP 106/111, DR 5/Magic, Speed 50'

samduke
2022-08-13, 05:16 AM
Grunting in resignation at the snow accumiúlation, Draxus resigns himself to instead carving a quick and simple small arrow on any decent-sized branch or tree trunk along the way and hoping for quantity over quality on the way back to town.

Male C/G Shadow Half-Dragon Warforged Soulknife 10 / Illumine Soul 2 // Psy. Warrior 4 / Ninja 1 / Paladin 2, Level 12, Init -1, HP 106/111, DR 5/Magic, Speed 50'

Okay you guys carve up trees as you head to the nearby village whereyour mounts await

samduke
2022-08-13, 09:18 AM
Round 1
Initiative order
Druid [26]
BBEG [17]
Problemshooter [17]
**King[16]
Illaria [14]

*Druid Casts a spell... (spellcraft dc 21) >Brilliant Aura<
*BBEG Casts a spell... (spellcraft dc 18) >Haste<

Party's Turn

Feathersnow
2022-08-13, 12:33 PM
The Problemshooter casts Freedom of Movement, hypothetically allowing him to easy slip bonds if he is transported into them.

Switch us out. Then run, I'll be right behind you!

Then he shouts!

Majesty, be ready!

Archmage1
2022-08-13, 01:08 PM
With The Problemshooter prepared, Illaria casts benign transposition, swapping the places of The Problemshooter and the King.

samduke
2022-08-13, 05:26 PM
The Problemshooter casts Freedom of Movement, hypothetically allowing him to easy slip bonds if he is transported into them.

Switch us out. Then run, I'll be right behind you!

Then he shouts!

Majesty, be ready!

With The Problemshooter prepared, Illaria casts benign transposition, swapping the places of The Problemshooter and the King.

spells are cast and the problemshooter now finds himself bound by the rope, the king is free

Round 2
Initiative order
Druid [26]
BBEG [17]
Problemshooter [17]
King[16]
Illaria [14]

Druid casts Baleful Polymorph -toad- Saving Throw: Fortitude negates, Will partial; DC19
Spell Resistance: Yes-caster level check [roll0]
Targeting the problemshooter

BBEG casts fear
Saving Throw: Will partial DC19
Spell Resistance: Yes -caster level check [roll1]
Targeting the problemshooter

Feathersnow
2022-08-14, 11:29 AM
Realizing to his dismay that his spell didn't have the desired effect and he is being cast at by two evil arch-magi, the Problemshooter attempts to slip his bonds the old fashioned way!

[roll0]

Penalties taken for shaken.

Archmage1
2022-08-14, 03:39 PM
Seeing The Problemshooter struggling to escape, Illaria strums a series of piercing, dissonant notes, before pointing her finger at the BBEG as she reaches a creshendo, firing a thin green ray at the creature.

Move: Song of Arcane Power
Rolled: 31. +4 CL to the next spell cast.
Note: Fast healing 3 is granted to Illaria and the King for 1 minute for using bardic music.
Casting Disintegrate
[roll0] Hit(Touch attack)
[roll1] Spell Penetration

High rolls succeed:
[roll2] Bypass incorporeal or ethereal
[roll3] bypass damage reduction

Make a fortitude save(DC 26)(Works against objects, so undead are affected).
If fail:
[roll4] damage(Note: If the target hits 0, instant death)
If succeed
[roll5]

samduke
2022-08-14, 04:25 PM
The King spends the round unbarring the door and shouting for the guards ,

Strahd does not see the finger of death its green trail extending nearly the length of the royal chamber. Striking him true enveloping him fully and the there was naught but agaseous cloud moving at high speed out the gargantuan hole in the roof .

The royal adviser Druid hears the call for the gaurds and quickly decides to surrender

Combat is over you have afew rounds you can ineract and interogate as welas be freed from the ropes

Archmage1
2022-08-14, 05:23 PM
With the druid surrendering, and the king freed, Illaria checks, to verify that The Problemshooter was breaking free, before she turns her attention back to the druid. Her green eyes seemed to harden into stone as a green light glows around her hand. "Explain."

samduke
2022-08-15, 02:00 AM
The druid stairs at you all blankly, then as if coming out of some sort of trance. What .. Where am I....

Archmage1
2022-08-15, 09:46 AM
Illaria smiles winsomely at the Advisor as she floats closer, her beauty terrifying to behold. "Perhaps I can ask another way. Why post the reward about the dragon? Honesty here may improve your situation, as I could convince the king to accept a lesser sentence. Or you could be obdurate." She pauses for a moment. "You don't want to be obdurate. It's really in your best interest to answer as completely and honestly as you can."

Using Awesome Beauty(DC 26 Will to resist) All humanoid onlookers within 30 feet need to make the save or be shaken for one minute. Continuing to look means more saves, and each failure resets the duration to 1 minute(A success doesn't break the shake. It just prevents the duration from being refreshed.)

[roll0] Intimidate(If applicable)(Well... at least she literally just one shotted his ally, which might incline him to be reasonable?)
[roll1] Diplomacy(The real goal for persuading him to answer, but it may not be as applicable as I would like.)

samduke
2022-08-15, 02:56 PM
Vermund is not intimidated but is shaken for one minute
Indifferent

Speaking towards Illaria I will make you a deal I will tell you everything you wish to know only if you will play my game

I have on my person 69 gambling cards - the game we each draw 13 cards alternating each to draw, if you can get 5 cards that beat mine then I will tell all before I die. If you fail then I die and you learn nothing

is it a deal ?

Feathersnow
2022-08-15, 03:39 PM
The Problemshooter struggles out of the ropes and looks on. This is clear some kind of trick, but he has no idea what it is, and he furthermore knows Illaria knows and doesn't want to give the game away.

Archmage1
2022-08-16, 05:29 AM
Illaria hums under her breath as she casts detect magic. "Would you object to explaining the rules, as well as letting my friend and I inspect the deck?"

samduke
2022-08-16, 06:54 AM
He takes the deck out and sets it on the floor near his feet then sits down, you may inspect it and any card in it as long as it remains in this area, where I also can see what you do.

you attempt to cast your spell
(you find that your spell detects nothing you also realize that none of your magic items work

Surely a spell, no no magic allowed for this game...

scanning him closely you notice the druid rotating a ring on his finger

do not want you stacking the deck after all.

Feathersnow
2022-08-16, 12:51 PM
The Problemshooter watches, ready to act when this suddenly goes bad. I know people who can make you disappear. Somewhere justice won't find you easy. If you want that, say so, and drop whatever scheme this is.

[roll0]

samduke
2022-08-16, 01:32 PM
There is naught a place nor plane of existence that can hide me from the master

You are free to play or not win and i tell all it is that simple other wise kill me and be done with it

Feathersnow
2022-08-16, 04:37 PM
The Problemshooter isn't playing. This is definitely a trick. That isn't my place, nor is it mine to stop others playing your game. But, for me, I want no part of this.

The Problemshooter goes to guard the King. He really has no good reason to assume there is no one left to mount a rescue.

samduke
2022-08-17, 09:00 AM
after watching the druid sit upon the floor it with the pile of cards they are stacked neatly. they appear to be used, but not worn nor damaged.
as you look at them they are all face side down back side up the backs are all slightly colored in a mixture of blue and black ink design that represent the most popular (Game Set Cards) being sold on the market these days.

Archmage1
2022-08-17, 02:44 PM
Illaria, looking over the cards, looks back to the druid. "Are you certain that is how you want to try playing this? If you turn on your master, your master will have more immediate problems. If death is what you seek, why not make things more complicated for the being that betrayed you, and left you here to die?"

samduke
2022-08-17, 06:05 PM
Illaria, looking over the cards, looks back to the druid. "Are you certain that is how you want to try playing this? If you turn on your master, your master will have more immediate problems. If death is what you seek, why not make things more complicated for the being that betrayed you, and left you here to die?"

Oh you misunderstand that which left this place was but a pawn like myself to the master

I would rather be dead - un-recoverably dead

I offer this game as a source of a way for you to learn information for the master can not control the information if won from me in this manor

Archmage1
2022-08-18, 11:24 AM
Illaria frowns, but nods. "Very well. It seems that we have little choice in the matter."

Archmage1
2022-08-18, 11:47 AM
Illaria shuffles the deck, and deals fairly, drawing the Ace, 2, 3, 4, two 5's, and the 6 of hearts, the 2, 3, and 7 of diamonds, and the 2, 4, and king of spades.