PDA

View Full Version : Help Me out?

Paladin's_Wrath
2007-11-26, 11:26 AM
Hey everyone,
I just made this avatar a few minutes ago, and I have a couple questions...

1) How can I eliminate the white box around it? It's a pain.
2) How do you like it? Any advice? This is my second OotS style drawing ever, so...
3) How can I get it to not look so pixely and still fit in the little space?
4) Just so you know, I am using Microsoft Paint to draw with, and Photobucket to upload.

Thanks!!!

Paladin's_Wrath
2007-11-26, 11:33 AM
OK I just made a few little changes so here is the new version...

Yeril
2007-11-26, 11:36 AM
Hey everyone,
I just made this avatar a few minutes ago, and I have a couple questions...

2) How do you like it? Any advice? This is my second OotS style drawing ever, so...
4) Just so you know, I am using Microsoft Paint to draw with, and Photobucket to upload.

Thanks!!!

1)The simplest way in paint is to printscreen and paste it into paint, so you can get the sample of the "sorta orangy brown colour" and use that colour as a background. if you want me to explain in more detail then I will.

3) the best way is to start big, draw your guys head as about 150x150 pixels with the thickest line (holding shift while drawing makes a perfect circle, you can see the dimension in the bottom right corner), work to this scale and then, save it, and load it with a programme like photoshop or somthing, and there should be a way to resize your big image into a 120x120 image without loosing all the detail and it going pixely.

Theres a thread here that has a step-by-step help on making good avatars with MS paint, Ill post the link when I find it.

Here it is http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33471

Paladin's_Wrath
2007-11-26, 11:41 AM
OK thanks!

I think I found the guide you are talking about...
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33471
Right?

DarkCorax
2007-11-26, 11:46 AM

1) Use a program like Gimp or Photoshop to manually remove the white space, or fill it in with the board colour like Yeril said.
2) Not too bad, the proportions are good, but you need to make the person bigger and use thicker lines (about 2 pixels after resizing), but it's not bad for an first attempt in paint.
3) Don't save it as a Jpeg or Gif, save it as a .png, it shouldn't pixelate it when it compresses it, also draw it big then resize it in another program like Gimp or Photoshop, or use a vector Program Like Inkscape (which is what I use).
4) Don't use paint, few people can make decent looking avatars in it, and there are better programs out there. But Lankybugger's Tutorial Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1933337&postcount=1) is good if you really want to use Paint.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-11-27, 02:21 PM
And I'm proud to call myself one of those people who use paint(And still get reactions : Thats exactly what I wanted!), good luck to you if you will still use Paint, otherwise, go to the corner with that group of people who took the easy way out.

Ego Slayer
2007-11-27, 02:40 PM
... otherwise, go to the corner with that group of people who took the easy way out.
There is no easy way. Only different ways.