PDA

View Full Version : removing a Will save?

Dimers
2022-05-17, 09:42 AM
Is there any non-homebrew way to make a "Will negates" spell saveless? I thought I recalled something psionic that could do it for a power, so maybe StP erudite, but I can't find it now.

ShurikVch
2022-05-17, 09:57 AM
Yugoloth's Brain optional material component (Book of Vile Darkness) can remove all the saves from the spell it used with - but only with 10% success chance; cost 5 gp

Older version of the Irresistible Spell metamagic feat (Kingdoms of Kalamar Player's Handbook) did it too (with 100% success chance), but was later revised in the Player's Guide to the Sovereign Lands to add +10 to the spell's save DC

Thurbane
2022-05-17, 04:00 PM
Well, depends whether you consider the Kalamr books official 1st party or not. I believe there is a metamagic feat that removes saves from a spell.

Irresistible Spell or something like that?

Here we go: it's a +4 level metamagic feat, from the Kingdoms of Kalamar Player's Guide.

Because the books have the official D&D logo on the front, many consider them "official". Apparently they got to do this by extorting WotC over a copyright claim involving the Knights of the Dinner table comic.

And somehow I missed that was already mentioned in the previous comment.

Incidentally does anyone know where I can find the 3.5 updates to Kalamar material? Or is it just reprinted in later books?