PDA

View Full Version : Diseases and other Ailments.

Scythoro
2007-11-26, 01:01 PM
I'm having trouble creating sicknesses and such for the players to contract. I'm not looking for an epic level disease that would be the focus of the entire campaign, but more like something that would hinder certain parts of a players ability to react. What I'm looking for:

A) Name of the Disease/sickness/ailment/poison

B) How one would contract it? (magic/another
person/animal/plant/environment/etc.)

C) What are the effects of this Ailment? (do they happen all at once, does it progress, get worse, or get better)

D) What negates the effects? (saves?)

E) Is it Contagious?

F) How can you cure the effects?

G) Are there any long-term effects?

H) Are there any benefits to contracting the sickness?

I'm looking for ailments/poisons that range from tiny annoyances to life threatening. If I have left an area out that you want to add then feel free to add to the details. Psycological ailments are also welcome. Be as complex and as thorough as you want to.

boomwolf
2007-11-26, 01:27 PM
Well. this is a wierd effect one of my old DMs made. we (the party) got to a city infected in this. and we had a hard time to get out.

Name: Blood Spirit

Effect: every person under the effect of Blood Spirit is in a constant rage, never able to let go. his loss of thinking also denies him from using anything but natural weapons/unarmed strikes.
When a person infected by Blood Spirit kills another person, the sickness leave him. on the other hand his victim will raise from the dead within one hour, infected by Blood Spirit.
If a person was infected for over a week, the Blood Spirit will no leave him even if he kills a man. but any man he kills will still raise as an infected.
If a person was infected for over a month he loses control over his body, and the Blood Spirit fully taking control, having no will other then infecting as many people as possible.

Means of Curing: aside of killing a person, you can also be burned. if fire touches an infected person the infection leave him. but no standard magical means of curing will help.

Jest imagin it. a whole city of people that are busy at beating each otehr to death and coming back from the dead.

Mewtarthio
2007-11-26, 03:01 PM
One interesting homebrewed disease I've seen is the Whitelight Snakes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3098490&postcount=77), caused by overexposure to positive energy.

Scythoro
2007-11-26, 06:56 PM
One interesting homebrewed disease I've seen is the Whitelight Snakes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3098490&postcount=77), caused by overexposure to positive energy.

That is absolutely incredible, and perfect.

I like the Blood Spirit. I might change the coming back to life part. I'm not keen on the abuse of resurrection. Unless they come back as an undead.