PDA

View Full Version : Monsters of Multiverse. Is the new layout more friendly?

stoutstien
2022-05-21, 06:24 AM
Been flipping through the latest monster manual and was wondering what the general consensus is on the decision to go with alphabetical rather than grouping NPCs by type. For groups that all have the same starting nomenclature like drow and star spawn it doesn't make a difference but what if I wanted to find a certain devil but didn't recall its name?

Also the positioning of the PC races at the beginning was a good move.

**Side note: a lot of recycled artwork but what is new is good.**

Mastikator
2022-05-21, 06:57 AM
It's better if you have a general idea what the names of things are, 100%. If I'm looking for something specific (by type, CR or whatever) then I'll use a search tool anyway

PhantomSoul
2022-05-21, 10:15 AM
Been flipping through the latest monster manual and was wondering what the general consensus is on the decision to go with alphabetical rather than grouping NPCs by type. For groups that all have the same starting nomenclature like drow and star spawn it doesn't make a difference but what if I wanted to find a certain devil but didn't recall its name?

Huh, that actually is an improvement

It's a book for recycling, so makes sense!

stoutstien
2022-05-21, 10:27 AM
Huh, that actually is an improvement

Aye I think so. With the new index it's a lot more intuitive and the font isnt size 4. You could quickly cross reference the type of NPC you're looking for, the environment that you might find them in, and it's relative CR.

Unoriginal
2022-05-21, 11:06 AM

Sorry to focus on this part, but but would you mind telling us which entries got new artworks?

stoutstien
2022-05-21, 11:07 AM
Sorry to focus on this part, but but would you mind telling us which entries got new artworks?

I'm working on that list now lol. I'm taking my time to make sure I didn't just miss it in another book. Like I'm 90% due the bugbear is new but im going check first.