PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Candlekeep

ChaosStar
2022-05-23, 12:25 AM
So, I had to remake my 5e characters due to losing their sheets. Not a huge problem. But I decided to change the backstory of my Tabaxi Indiana Jones-style Rogue/Warlock. She's now from Maztica instead of the Shadowfell, and she learned Archeology by travelling to Candlekeep and studying there. I kind of want her to actually join the scholars of Candlekeep, but don't know how that happens. I know about the entrance fee, but not about how one goes about joining the library.

Silly Name
2022-05-23, 04:46 AM
Admittance in the ranks of the Avowed is pretty straightforward, assuming you're found trustworthy, willing to defend the Great Library and vow to never endager the wealth of knowledge housed in Candlekeep. The Avowed don't care about your race or what gods you worship as long as you are willing to help. Obviously, taking the oaths of an Avowed would tie you to Candlekeep and you'd need to find a reason for why you're not there any longer

All sorts of scholars could be granted access into the halls of wisdom to study and resarch, provided that they could present a gift to the library in the form of a tome of great value, historical significance or of great rarity. This could also extend to the private journals of some notable personality, and in some cases even simply scrolls or books that contain information not in the possession of the library.

This method doesn't tie you to Candlekeep and its monks as much, since it'd be assumed that once you leave the keep you're no longer bound to the Orders of Accordance (basically, Candlekeep's rules) and are free to do whatever.