PDA

View Full Version : Amonkhet: Trials of the Gods IC

Buufreak
2022-05-24, 05:37 PM
The world is an endless desert of wandering dead. Life is harsh, and death, seemingly, can be even harder. But not you. You, the day prior, were one of many acolytes, studying and training day and night to prepare yourself. This morning, with your crop-mates, were pronounced ready for the Trials of the Gods by your humble Vizier, who stands to train, prepare, and ultimately test crops for that which all seek: Glory eternal, and life everylasting standing under the banner of the God Pharaoh, may His return be swift, and may we be found worthy! You are now an initiate, and your first trial begins within hours.

To those who succeed, your name will be handed down for eternity, as a legend, a myth, and a hero. Tales of your success will fill the heads of generations to come, and to become your equal will be all they can strive for. For those who don't, your sacrifice will not be in vane, as you too will help to build the foundation of future initiates and acolytes, as one of the many anointed. When the time comes and the true God above all gods comes forward, you too will have found your place in the afterlife.

But here you are, another day under the neverending heat of the two imposing suns. The second isn't visible, but it can still be felt, blistering down, never providing a true night as its immense glow keeps back anything close to darkness. You, who have trained since you could walk, never knowing where you came from, who birthed you, raised by mummies-made-servants. Perhaps in your early years, you had great dreams that your parents, whoever they may be, had already passed the trials, and you would strive to join them in glory. You, who under the guidance of the Viziers and even the Gods who walk amongst you, have brought yourself to a point of true perfection, physically and mentally. Your greatest traits and abilities have been honed like a blade against stone, until you have become a living weapon, all for a single purpose.

The Trials.

The trials that you have heard endless stories about. The trials that you could only dream about what challenges they held. The trials that were the only thing that stood between you and an afterlife eternal amongst the Gods and all others who proved themselves worthy. You have been tested, tried, tested again, and prepared in every way possible, all leading up to this day where your true story begins.

Yesterday, you were acolytes. But today...

You have gathered in a courtyard of shimmering stone, warm under your feet (... or tail). In the slight distance, you see the many monuments, obelisks, all raised in the name of the Gods and their glory. Standing before you are the many Viziers of Naktamun, each with their own role: some preparing would-be initiates, some overseeing the trials themselves, while others have somewhat obscure rolls that you might not have ever fully understood. Bearing witness to this occasion is even the Gods, standing like towers above the heads of all else, their golden light shining from them always seemingly an immediate moral and motivation booster.

Grand Vizier Temmet, seemingly the head of the great city of Naktamun, overseer of all that happens within the boundaries of the Hekma, stands atop a pedestal, looking down at you. You, who are one amongst dozens. He speaks.

... Yesterday, you were acolytes. But today, raise your heads high! You are now Initiates, found worthy by us, the Viziers, and chosen by they, the Great Golden Gods, to stand and attempt the Trials of the Gods!

A roar of screams, shouts, hollering to the skies as excitement fills the very sinew of your body, as it does all those around you. Adrenaline fuels every sound of the crowd.

As I am certain all are excited to be placed, each of you will now be sorted based on your talents and gifts into a Crop. Your Crop is your new family. You will work together, learn together, and fight together, or you will fail together. Know this: once you step into your first trial, it is only the Crop you can rely on. Trust one another, because each other is all you will have.

The solemn words fall on near deaf ears as more and more, people grow antsy, waiting to charge full speed into the first Trial.

You. You have been called. Your name, distinct from all others, called to join the ranks of your new Crop. Teth. That is your designation. Welcome, brothers and sisters of Teth Crop. Morning comes soon, far far too soon and yet still too far away, but at sunrise you are to meet with your Crop-mates at the giant stone doors of the monument built for the Goddess Oketra. Inside, the Trial of Solidarity begins, and you can finally begin to prove yourself!

(Take this time to describe your character, meet your Crop-mates, and boast your strengths, because through Solidarity alone will you manage to succeed. The Gods smile upon you, Initiates, and welcome you to the last and greatest things you will ever do.)

Aracor
2022-05-24, 11:04 PM
A short man steps forward, holding a large walking stick. He has very short black hair, nearly stubble, and wears a brown leather outfit with several pockets and a bandoleer over it that contains several pouches and containers.

I am Senet. I am not skilled in combat, but I can improve others in strength, size, and sometimes mobility. I can also inhibit enemies significantly.

Feathersnow
2022-05-25, 04:25 AM
Know I am Djem, battle priest of Oketra! Wherever we go, I will go first!"

Metastachydium
2022-05-25, 06:09 AM
Perhaps, Djem, battle priest of Oketra. Perhaps. We shall see what the trials call for. the naga slithering closer ripostes as she straightens up to her full height, the shadow of a haughty smile playing in the corner of her mouth, spreading small wrinkles on the dry, fallow skin of her cheek, tough and coarse as the shell of a snake's egg. You can call me Ashait. Ashait of Three-Skins. she adds, raising her large, heavy round shield before her well-armoured chest and hooking her free thumb into the wide beltaround her hips, not far above where mail and scales the colour of burnt umber meet. One is hide; two are steel.

Alhallor
2022-05-25, 08:13 AM
A human with sword and shield joins the growing number of people.

I, Isidor greet you. May our enemies be split in twain and shatter against our steel.

Cygnia
2022-05-25, 09:35 AM
The next human male to step forward had greasy and unkempt black hair and hazel eyes in an unfocused gaze. He was tall and gawky but flashed an eager grin regardless at the members of his new Crop.

At least the chain shirt he wore and the guisarme he wielded (not to mention the flail that hung on his belt) were kept in better condition than the young man treated himself.

"Abraxas. I am Abraxas. I fight! When do we fight?" His head bobbed at a frantic pace.

Postmodernist
2022-05-25, 10:10 AM
A crested Aven steps forward, his plumage bone white in the center, spreading to grey as it radiates from his chest before the feathers end in long black tips. A long crest juts from his head, and his beak extends from his face in a blunt arc. Everything about him seems elongated, approaching delicate, and though he is thinly muscled, he moves with wiry spryness. His cloak billows unnaturally, despite the still air. A barely perceptible presence materializes at his side, a small vortex displacing the air next to him. A friendly, almost paternal disposition radiates from him toward the human-shaped whirlwind. He feathers ruffle in the breeze as he advances to speak.

"I am Aesi," he intones, his voice crackling with invisible thunder, though it carries the melody of birdsong. "I am a scholar and spirit-speaker. I command the storm and commune with the hungry ghosts of the skies. Glory to Teth Crop. We shall honor the Viziers, the Gods, and Pharaoh God, swift be his return." He scans the horizon haughtily, as though searching for challengers.

Rekmond
2022-05-26, 04:01 AM
It takes a moment, but from slightly behind Djem you can see another Khenra. Leaner in muscle but still athletic he glances you over and gives a quiet chuff.

"Sothos. I complement my sister as the quiet warrior. She gathers attention, I make an opening," comes the smooth statement.

Compared to his sister he stands lightly armored with a blade slung across the small of his back and a few pouches scattered across his garb.

Doxkid
2022-05-26, 06:02 AM
Bare footed and shirtless, a man armed with a beautifully carved bow addresses the Crop.

"I am Aloysius, master of the failings of flesh and I have studied ten thousand deaths." He turns in place, allowing each person a proper view of his body, pockmarked with well over ten thousand scars of every types the mind could image; burns, slashes, abrasions, imprints of fangs or claws, splotches that may be the healed remnants of a deep welt... "As fellows of my Crop it would be a humiliation to me if I must learn from yours as well; please try to keep up."

arkangel111
2022-05-26, 08:54 AM
A slight popping sound is heard as a dark clad human appears out of nowhere. A rough black furred shirt adorns the man that appears to fade to mist at his waist, patches of the garment seemingly turning transparent as parts phase in and out of existence at different times revealing a darkened chainshirt beneath. Taking a huge bite out of an apple you notice a faint turquoise energy plays across the back of his hands. His youthful voice belies his rugged looks as he speaks around a mouthful of apple. "Sefu, Scout."

Buufreak
2022-05-26, 02:05 PM
Once all the greetings are made, a stump of a man, clad in blue and golden robes, approaches. He addresses you.

Teth? Yes. Well. Follow me, we wish you to be prepared for your first trial. Solidarity is no meager task, although many Crops come out the other side intact. But you never know, things do happen.

He seems to be a bit bumbling, and fumbling with a scroll, struggling to get it to unwind, then again to roll it back up.

I am Radj, not that my name really matters here. Just another day for a simple Vizier with minimal responsibilities. Your Crop does seem rather diverse, I hope that bodes well for you. Ah, here, yes.

He gestures to the monument in the distance. A great stone temple, with a cat-like face adorning the front. (Much to the likeness of like the Great Sphynx.)

Here we are. The Monument of Oketra, our beautiful Goddess in White. When the first sun rises in the following morning, this stone door will open. You will enter. Do not be late!

With that, he takes his bow, pays his silent lip services, and makes his way back the path he brought you.

(If you have any questions of him, now would be the time.)

arkangel111
2022-05-26, 02:32 PM
Taking a large bite out his apple, juice running down his chin he gesture's to the man. "Advice?" he says while picking at his teeth with his other hand.

Feathersnow
2022-05-26, 02:33 PM
Djem bows to her Patron goddess. She knows everything the vizier is allowed to tell. She fingers the spot where her first cartouche will be in two days time!)

Postmodernist
2022-05-27, 09:29 AM
Aesi suppresses the urge to preen himself, and instead quirks an eyebrow. "Radj, you do yourself disservice. You are surely no simple Vizier, for none achieves such status without acquitting themselves honorably. And though you may claim your responsibilities to be minimal, we are grateful to be under your guidance. However, there are a few questions which continue to plague me. Chiefly, what precisely is it we're supposed to be doing in the Monument of Oketra? Should we expect to battle creatures, face traps, retrieve something, enact some ritual, or what? I do not wish to sound impertinent, I am merely confused and wish to prepare myself and my Crop as best as possible." At this, Aesi bows slightly, his long crest still hovering over the stumpy old man.

Metastachydium
2022-05-27, 04:20 PM
Performing some silent gestures of deference to the Vizier and the Goddess – no less than the least that's required, of course, but nothing more either – Ashait hangs back with a confident smile spreading over her face, mildly amused by the aven's string of questions. She knows what to expect: glory if they succeed and, in all probability, death if they fail. But she will succeed.

Doxkid
2022-05-27, 07:39 PM
Aloysius closes his eyes and clasps his hands together before whispering quietly to himself. What little is audible is closer to rambling than speech or proper prayer, but perhaps some would appreciate the loose structure more than a direct recitation of what they have heard a thousand times before...

Knowledge Religion Roll: [roll0]

Buufreak
2022-05-28, 02:07 PM
The older man (but not by Earthly means, perhaps in his late twenties at most) turns and grins crookedly. Perhaps he isn't one accustomed to kind words.

You flatter me with your kindness. I can not speak at length of what you will find inside the walls of this or any of the other monuments. Just remember that not is all that it appears as, here or elsewhere. You will be challenged, first and foremost, on your ability to cooperate. What you will face, perhaps most of all, is each other. Come together as a single body and mind, and you will find glory on the other side. But perhaps I have already said too much. All will become perfectly clear when you enter.

He stops to turn again, but stumbles on an idea. It is the Gods that test you, so please don't expect your prayers to them to save you.

It is important to note that, though they are technically undead, the Anointed are animated by positive energy (white mana). As such, they are still susceptible to turn/rebuke checks as normal, but they are not harmed by positive energy.

Buufreak
2022-05-31, 12:21 PM
Morning comes. Or rather, what could be called morning on Amonkhet. The difference between dawn and dusk is truly negligible.

Did you sleep well, filled with confidence? Did you sleep at all, too anxious with the upcoming tasks you will face? Did you arrive early, counting the heads of your Crop as each arrive, or were you one of the last, trickling in as the moment approached? Meditation? Prayer? Shadow-fighting drills, or perhaps even a spar between yourself and a Crop-mate?

All has been done in preparation.

At the final moment, just as the first signs of the first sun prepared to begin its climb high into the sky, Temmet appears with a large smile. He says nothing as he approaches the massive stone doors of the Monument, then turns.

Are we ready?

He doesn't wait for an answer as he turns his back, placing his hand on the door. A glowing golden sigil ignites under his palm and spreads across the door. It appears to be some sort of map, a long rectangle with some figures strewn about its interior, but of note appears to be a large triangle placed at both ends of the length. The light flashes brightly one last time, and then a seem in the door appears, each side sliding open, creating a large opening, one even the Gods could walk through without need to duck.

Inside, it is incredibly dark. A few light sources can be seen immediately inside the door, and what appears to be along the length of the temple. Torches? Or perhaps something more magical?

You enter. Be it one at a time, exerting caution, or all as a group?

Behind you, Temmet lets out a small prayer before shouting Good luck, may the Gods smile upon you and find you worthy! before the doors slam shut, a stark contrast to the slow way they opened.

It is almost silent inside the chamber. Only the flickering of the lights and your own breaths can be heard.

From above, a golden light seems to be trickling down from what could only be a ceiling. The sound of stone grinding against stone can be heard once more, but from where you can not see. It seems to echo all around you. The trickling light begins to build up into a large golden orb, which suddenly erupts in light, filling the chamber with a blinding flash.

When your eyes adjust, you find yourself not inside a giant stone Monument, but instead surrounded by dilapidated buildings, with an obelisk, perhaps 100ft tall, standing behind you where the door once was. In the distance, you can make out another. It seems so far away.

Stepping out from behind your obelisk, she appears in all of her golden, shining glory. Oketra. Her standing before you invokes a feeling of steely resolve, like nothing could ever stop you. She draws her bow and a single arrow. Notching it, she lets it fly freely, sailing across the landscape and striking the top of the opposing obelisk.

My task of you today. Retrieve my arrow. Do not let this stone pillar fall. Let none stand in your way! Her words echo across the room for all to hear, and even sounds resonant in your mind.

Your task has been given. The Trial has begun.

Roll for Initiative.

Feathersnow
2022-05-31, 12:50 PM
Djem bows to her goddess and offers a short prayer

[roll0] initiative

Djem's granted manuevers

1. Crusader's strike
2. Charging minotaur
3. Leading the charge
4. Stone bones
5. Vanguard strike

[roll1]

Metastachydium
2022-05-31, 02:22 PM
The gates opening and closing, the darkness and the light, the ruins and the pillars all leave Ashait unfazed. The promise of her moment of Glory gave her no restless hours the night before, nor did it break the strict, patient routines that governed her journey through the time she was given. She sharpened her blades, she cleaned and polished her shield, testing the weight of each against the strength of her arms, she moved about no faster and no slower than she did on days less solemn and her eyes follow the arrow of the goddess with equal calm. She smiles and bows herself, uttering but a handful of words, but uttering them with unwavering conviction. It will be done.

[roll0]

Cygnia
2022-05-31, 02:29 PM
The stark look of awe was obvious on the gaunt face of Abraxas at the sight of Oketra in Her glory. He quickly averted his gaze, mumbling an apologetic prayer for his unworthiness of being able to see Her, heart thundering in his chest all the while.

Abraxas' grip tightened on his guisarme. The task had been set and he would do all to see it done!

[roll0] (Initiative)
[roll1] (Listen)
[roll2] (Spot)

arkangel111
2022-05-31, 02:41 PM
Still flustered from barely making it to the trials, Sefu quickly surveys the path ahead looking for the best way to reach their destination with as little resistance as possible, while enhaling deeply hoping to grasp some idea of what they might face.

Initiative
[roll0]

Perception skills (with scent)
Spot [roll1]
listen [roll2]
survival [roll3]

If combat has not started he'll also begin stealth and start scouting ahead

Stealth skills (with darkstalker feat)
Hide [roll4]
Move silently [roll5]

Postmodernist
2022-05-31, 04:07 PM
Aesi nods thanks to Temmet and enters the temple, his Aven eyes naturally adjusting to the gloom. He whispers to the group, "So that's it? We retrieve the arrow from a 100 tall obelisk? This should be... easy enough. Perhaps we should formulate a plan." A note of hesitation creeps into his voice, an uncertainty to which he is unaccustomed. He looks at his comrades, expectantly.

The bird man readies his cross bow, scanning the room. In Auran, he whispers, "Sadogo, keep your eyes peeled and your ears to the wind. Metaphorically, of course." He scans the horizon for foes, staying close behind his Crop mates.

Aesi:
Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]
Initiative [roll2]
Will activate the Aven/Raptoran Unerring Direction racial trait to know which direction is north.

Sadogo:
Spot [roll3]
Listen [roll4]
Initiative [roll5]

Aesi has low light vision, Sadogo has darkvision.

Doxkid
2022-05-31, 06:24 PM
Aloysius draws his own bow and readies an arrow, advancing on the left flank of the team. "As of now this task is straightforward. We should finish this before complications arise...or accumulate beyond our capacity to control."

Initiative: [roll0]

Aracor
2022-05-31, 10:40 PM
So far, the task seems straightforward. I doubt it will remain so. But for now, let us assume that it will be as such until we learn otherwise.

A pity I don't know how to cast levitate

He proceeds to follow the arrow.

Roll for initiative! [roll0]

Alhallor
2022-06-01, 02:31 AM
Isidor had a solemn night filled with mental routines and the mental reenactment of what he learned which should be enough to stand the trial of today.

When he waited for the others he sharpened his sword as best he could and removed any imperfections of his armor and shield that may have accumulated over a night.

When they entered the pyramid and then got they're task from Oketra he didn't bow down as he thought he would when standing before a god but bathed in they're glory. A glory he was worthy off, regardless if he would fail or succeed today.

Isidor's eyes followed the trail of the arrow and as though he wanted to get to it right away, because it would surely be the most glorious thing to retrieve it, he did her everything Oketra said.

I will protect the pillar, I'd be good to have at least one other to stay here.

Initiative: [roll0]
Currently in Punishing Stance, -2 AC + 1d6 damage

Cygnia
2022-06-01, 08:28 AM
Abraxas' eyes squinted towards where the arrow flew. So high! Of course he wanted to bound over and claim the arrow from the tippy-top of that obelisk!

But he was beholden to the Crop. And the Crop was not just one warrior. Even Abraxas saw the wisdom in Isidor's words.

"Then I will stay here with you!" Abraxas' head bobbed eagerly once more.

Buufreak
2022-06-01, 06:02 PM
Ghost roll for Sothos [roll0]

Initiative Order:
Isidor
Sothos
Senet
Aloysius
Abraxas
Aesi
Sefu
Ashait
Djem

Isidor is first to go, your time starts ASAP.

The quick squabbles of tactics and merits fade as the sound of encroaching steps, shuffling steadily and with purpose, begins to grow. From beyond the various buildings, between them, through alleyways, no less than a dozen of the Anointed make themselves known. They make not a sound but the steps they take as they maintain a direct path towards the obelisk behind you. Soon, no doubt, they will liter the streets.

The golden arrow shines like a beacon in the distance, some 200 feet away, beckoning you forward to your prize and victory.

What do you do?

Alhallor
2022-06-02, 02:11 AM
When Isidor becomes aware of the Anointed he get's behind the pillar, and from one of his bags he strews a bag of caltrops unto the ground to slow anyone down who should come nearer. His Caltrops however seem to be as eager as the man himself as they are making they're way towards the nearest Anointed.

Quick now, get that arrow!

Get towards the least protected side of the pillar and let some living caltrops fall down. Every next turn they move 5 ft. towards the nearest creature and hopefully slows them down.

Buufreak
2022-06-02, 02:10 PM
The caltrops begin their scurrying towards unknowing feet.

Next up Sothos: take your action.

Rekmond
2022-06-02, 10:34 PM
The challenge gets Sothos' full attention for only a short while before the annointed appear. Nudging Djem he tosses his head to the side and let's out a quiet bark.

A simple shorthand for the pair of them as he fades to the side.

He does not travel far, only enough to vanish from the sight of most as he observes the terrain and visible obstacles carefully.

[roll0] Hide

Aracor
2022-06-06, 09:27 AM
Senet stops short as he realizes what's coming.

I...don't think I'm well qualified to retrieve the arrow. I'll probably be better off guarding THIS tower. I should be able to slow down the anointed and help any combatants here be as effective as possible.

And then he casts. And as far as anyone else can actually see, nothing happens except a billowing black cloud appears in front of him.

I highlighted the area of a Sticky Floor spell, and due to Cloudy Conjuration, he'll place a cloud in front of him as well that will last until the beginning of his next turn.

Sticky Floor: Creatures that are within or that enter the area of a sticky floor spell are immediately stuck in place and entangled.
A successful Reflex save means the creature can move from its space but is still considered entangled as long as it remains in the area.
A creature stuck in place can break loose by using a standard action to make a DC 15 Strength check or Escape Artist check.
Each round at the beginning of your turn, any creature within the area must succeed on another Reflex save to avoid becoming stuck in place again.

No one other than Senet can actually see the area, so anyone who steps into the area will be entangled or worse. The Reflex DC to avoid being stuck is 15.

Beware the side closest to me - anyone who walks there may get stuck just ahead of the anointed!

If we want one person to run over and get to the arrow, I can make them invisible long enough to get there and back.

Doxkid
2022-06-07, 07:35 PM
"I will personally retrieve the arrow. Just give me a moment to balance the fight..." Aloysius grasps the amulet around his neck with one hand and gestures at the nearest anointed with the other. "Kill."

A grey spark of magic arcs off the amulet, aggregating midair into a ball of sand and dust as it nears the anointed approaching on the left. Just a moment before it touches the anointed the ball of magic explodes; dust rushes away only to churn and amass into an amber-dyed scorpion the size of a horse. It wastes no time before attacking the anointed at it's master's command. As the Scorpion starts a brawl with the anointed Aloysius rushes to it's size, eager for his own share of the battle.

Standard Action: Aloysius activates his Amber Amulet of the Scorpion (Errata corrects the HUGE size Scorpion to be a LARGE size one) to summon a Large Scorpion.
Move Action: Aloysius moves up to near melee range, 5 feet from Anointed #13

Scorpion:
Fullround Action: Full attack Anointed #13
Claw Attack 1: [roll0], Damage [roll1]
Claw Attack 2: [roll2], Damage [roll3]
Sting Attack: [roll4], Damage [roll5] AND poison DC 14. The poison's Initial Damage deals [roll6] Con damage on a fail save.

Cygnia
2022-06-07, 07:41 PM
Abraxas nodded to himself, eyes darting to and fro to the Anointed, then to the cloud in front of Senet, then over to the large scorpion that suddenly appeared. He felt the urge to let loose with his Frenzy, but held himself in check. Instead, the lanky barbarian placed himself in front of the obelisk and waited for the enemy to dare to approach him...

Postmodernist
2022-06-08, 09:28 AM
Aesi looked up at the obelisk for a moment, then at the approaching Anointed. He smiled as he saw Abraxas take position in front of the obelisk they had been tasked with defending. He draws a thin alderwood wand from within his robes, and moves toward the barbarian. "You look like you could benefit from a wider reach, friend." The Aven touches the wand to the human's well-muscled arm, and it begins to swell. The warrior doubles in size, threatening a large swath of territory with his mighty polemarm.

"If someone could get to the top of our obelisk and drop a rope, I could climb up it and glide over to the other obelisk rather easily. If we tied several ropes together, I could even suspend the cables between the obelisks. Or I could carry a rope and drop it down, if we think through is a better option than over. But given my... frame, I may need a little help." He looks about at his comrades, assessing what they appear to think. Sadogo hovered nearby, the tiny humanoid whirlwind ruffling the raptorman's feathers, whispering in the susurrating tones of Auran. A thin smile plays across Aesi' beak. "Of course, my nimble and swift friend Sadogo could help, as well."

Move next to Abraxas, drawing wand as I move. Expend one charge from the wand.

Cast Enlarge person from wand on Abraxas, who gains a +2 size bonus to Strength, a -2 size penalty to Dexterity (to a minimum of 1), and a -1 penalty on attack rolls and AC due to its increased size. He occupies a space of 10 feet and a natural reach of 10 feet, plus the guisarme.

Sadogo stays near Aesi until commanded to move toward the arrow or otherwise engage.

arkangel111
2022-06-08, 01:04 PM
Sefu studies the obelisk quickly, looking for handholds or ledges. "I can get nearly to the top very quickly and drop a rope for you, but I'm not that great at climbing." He turns to the enemy and a ghostly blue tail forms, spikes growing rapidly from the end. With a quick spin he releases a volley at the approaching enemy. He then turns racing to the base of the nearby obelisk, the tail fading as he runs.

Spot [roll0] to gain more detail about the obelisk

Target zombie #12? (nearest zombie)
Hit [roll1] damage [roll2]
Hit [roll3] damage [roll4]
Hit [roll5] damage [roll6]

Move action to obelisk, swift action to reinvest essentia 2; essentia moved to Blink shirt (30 ft blink)

I can make it up 80ft guaranteed (Blink shirt (30) + Shadow jaunt (50)) but then I'll need a climb check (0) just not sure if this obelisk is smooth or has handholds as soon as that info is known I can get going next round.

arkangel111
2022-06-08, 01:07 PM
Hit damage [roll4]

Confirmation (1d20+4) [roll0] Damage [roll]1d6+1

*Rolled 20 to confirm but messed up my post in the process so that's why there is a warning. I can re-roll if needed. Anyone know if I can add this post to previous with an edit without losing the rolls? it would be nice for future rolls.

Doxkid
2022-06-08, 02:14 PM
Aloysius takes a good, long look at the enemy Anointed he has approached, looking searching his vast knowledge of scripture and torture for information that may be relevant.

Knowledge Religion Check (Someone said they may be zombies? I'm all over that): [roll0]
Knowledge Arcana Check: [roll1]

Buufreak
2022-06-08, 03:29 PM
Aloysius

A massive scorpion appears, with a warm and deep red hue to its carapace. It unleashes its full assault on its nearest would be prey, tearing into it, but still the anointed stands.

So yes, as stated in OOC I believe before, these Anointed are infact a form of undead, and come with the appropriate suite of abilities and immunities one would expect. Repeated the previous mention of how negative and positive energy work backwards on them as compared to most other undead.

Sefu

Your volley of spines flies out, skewering the Anointed, but it seems unabated an continues its advances.

__________________________________________________ _

I believe that covers all the appropriate things needing still resolved. Next up!

Metastachydium
2022-06-08, 03:46 PM
Sparing but a disdainful smirk for the Anointed, Ashait draws her blade and clangs it against her broad shield as she shifts forward to stand between Senet and the approaching foes. I can go forth and I can stand as needed. she states, her voice firm and fearless. But I will climb no pillar.

Unless Aloysius wants her along for a walk to the other obelisk, Ashait will stay with the defenders and enter total defense.

Doxkid
2022-06-12, 01:09 AM
"Come forth then. Competition drives us in life to be worthy of having our deaths remembered.

I'll race you to the top.":cool:

Feathersnow
2022-06-12, 03:54 AM
Djem prays to Oketra, trying to panic the anointed.

[roll0] turn undead!

Buufreak
2022-06-12, 03:08 PM
A blinding light shines out from Djem, and the three nearest Anointed freeze in place, turning on their heels and preparing to run.

Rolling in for all the Anointed.
A1 [roll0]
A2 [roll1]
A3 [roll2]
A4 [roll3]
A5 [roll4]
A6 [roll5]
A7 [roll6]
A8 [roll7]
A9 [roll8]
A10 [roll9]
A11 [roll10]
A12 [roll11]
A13 [roll12]

A11, 12, and 13 flee on their turns, prompting appropriate AoO when they occur.

Initiative Groups are now in effect, and are as follows:
{Isidor, Sothos, Senet, Aloysius} Group 1
{A5, M1, M2} Group 2
{Abraxas, Aesi} Group 3
{A11, A12} Group 4
{Sefu, Ashait, Djem} Group 5
{A3, A13} Group 6

Hooray for zombies being slow. First group, it is your move!

Alhallor
2022-06-13, 08:45 AM
Djem obviously made a heavy cut into the annointed panicking the undead… Somehow.

Well a panicked enemy may be good but a downed one may be even better.

Isidor strides towards the nearest annointed, letting his sword drag on the sand and slashing at the enemy quickly.

Move towards AN 13 and do a normal attack.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Slashing Damage.
and AoO when it runs away.
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] Slashing Damage.

Aracor
2022-06-13, 01:04 PM
Senet walks forward to the edge of his own spell effect, then speaks softly to Ashait.

This should help you get there easily. You'll have a few minutes, but remember: If you attack, you will become visible again, so act wisely, and move swiftly!

Then, he casts Invisibility and touches the naga. She fades out of sight entirely.

Buufreak
2022-06-13, 04:03 PM
Isidor

Your blade spews a plume of sand as it rises up, sinking into the broad side of the Anointed. It dives deep, then slows to a halt. The faint blue glow behind the eyes of the mummy fades as the body crumples to the ground, sliding off the blade as it goes.

Rekmond
2022-06-13, 11:57 PM
This situation was going to be difficult. Fitting for the Trials. Though the waves of Annointed did make him wish for a firebomb.

Sothos carefully evaluated the oncoming enemies and the presence of the arrow.

"Someway to bar the passages maybe. Or trip up their lines," he mused as he readied his blade for the first annointed to draw close. He gracefully moved up to behind the great scorpion, intending to use it for cover in his assault.

Magic was his sister's domain. While he was aware of the many uses he had yet found the same aptitude for the craft. Though he feared he was out of his depth with this challenge, he would support the others as best he was able.

Ready standard attack.
[roll0] for [roll1] damage

Buufreak
2022-06-14, 06:03 PM
Those who have come to the Trials have been prepared for battle, but their combatants are not willing to go down without a fight. Seemingly snapping into fighters' stances, the first 3 of many take of in near sprints, drawing short blades as they advance!

Group finished, onto Group 3!

Doxkid
2022-06-14, 09:00 PM
"Keep moving!"

besides his shout to his conjured servant, Aloysius intones three harsh syllables that fill his hand with his dreary magic. In a single motion he draws an exceptionally complex symbol across his own chest before rushing forward alongside his summoned Scorpion which has wasted no time in springing to the right side of the corridor to harass the undead on that side.

Scorpion
Fullround Action: Moves from H-I 33-34 over to M-N 28-29 in a Charge Attack against Annointed #6, gaining +2 to its attack roll and -2 AC until it's next turn. Charge Claw Attack: . Damage: [roll1]. It'll make use of its Improved Grab ability to start a grapple as a free action if that Claw attack hits. Grapple check [1d20+11

Aloysius
Standard Action: Aloysius casts Hide from Undead on himself. Will Save DC 14 for Intelligent Undead to detect him. Unintelligent undead do not get a save at all.
Move Action: Aloysius moves forward to K30 from I36

I've updated my location on the map.

Buufreak
2022-06-15, 07:01 PM
The Anointed proves too swift for the scorpion, dodging between its claws and stings with relative ease.

Further along, more and more of the Anointed are snapping into action, charging forward into the fray!

{Next group is ready, so Group 5 is up!}

Postmodernist
2022-06-16, 10:25 AM
Aesi reaches into his bag, withdrawing a coil of rope. A frown forms across his beak, as he realizes that the length will be insufficient. Still, it will be a start. He holds the length out, and gestures to his companion. "Sadogo, tie this to the top of the obelisk, then return for another length of rope. If any of you happen to have some rope to tie to this one, it'd help enormously." The air elemental grabs the rope, and zips toward the top of the spire.

The Aven shrugs momentarily at the wand in his hand, scowling at both it's lack of immediate use, and the fact that the encroaching Anointed are out of range of his normal arcane repertoire. He concentrates in preparation to assault them if they get too close.

Move action: grab rope out of bag, hand to Sadogo.
Standard action: ready to cast Power Word: Pain on any Anointed that gets within the 30' range.

Sadogo
Move action: fly (100'/round, perfect maneuverability) to the top of the spire.
Standard action: tie rope around the spire.

Cygnia
2022-06-16, 12:30 PM
Abraxas gawked at his newly embiggened state. The idea about now possibly chucking one of his Crop mates towards the top of the obelisk flittered through his thoughts, but he set it aside. He had said that he would guard their pillar and by the Gods, that would be his task!

"Come, Anointed! I am Abraxas! I AM YOUR FINAL DEATH!" howled the gaunt youth towards the undead, shaking his guisarme in what he believed was a threatening manner.

Readying a Trip attack towards the 1st undead that comes in range of Abraxas.
[roll0] (-1 attack for Enlarge, +4 for Improved Trip)
Follow-up attack if trip succeeds
[roll1]
[roll2] Dmg if hits

Abraxas (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2634968)
M CN Human Barbarian (Wolf Totem)/Fighter, Level 2/1, Init 1, HP 29/29, Speed 40
AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 16, Fort 6, Ref 1, Will 2, Base Attack Bonus 3
MW Guisarme +10 (2d4+5, x3)
MW Light flail +10 (1d8+3, x2)
Mithral shirt (+4 Armor, +1 Dex, +2 Misc)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 8, Cha 14
Condition Enlarge Person: 3 minutes +2 Str, -2 Dex, -1 attack & AC

Buufreak
2022-06-16, 06:24 PM
Under the effects of the Turning, the two closest Anointed turn to run.

A11 and A12 will retreat back from the alleyways that they came, I will simply remove them for the time being and if in a full minute they can return, they will.

Next is Sefu!

arkangel111
2022-06-17, 08:51 AM
Reaching in his backpack, Sefu quickly pulls out some rope and throws it over his shoulder. "Here goes nothing." he says under his breath. A cloud of shadow energy engulfing him, spinning into a tiny mote, and disappearing. A moment later, this shadowy cloud appears in mid air 50 feet above the ground expelling him from it. Reaching out immediately Sefu attempts to grasp ahold of the Obelisk. Pulling himself to the Obelisk tightly he says a quick prayer to the gods.

Climb Check [roll0]

*I forgot that the blinkshirt is a standard action if it's not bound to totem. I'll use it next turn.

Buufreak
2022-06-17, 02:43 PM
Sefu, expelled from the shrouding plume, clambers and finds hold in the mortar of the obelisk. He begins his climb upward. He is safe. For now.

Seeing an opening in opportunity, the Anointed rushes in, drawing its kopesh and striking out at the scorpion.

Attack, Kopesh: [roll0] vs AC. [roll1] Slashing Damage.

Metastachydium
2022-06-19, 11:43 AM
The proud grin Aloysius's words put on her face quickly fades as Ashait realizes what Senet just did to her. The invisible corner of her invisible mouth twitches slightly at the horrible thought: she will spend the moments of her glory unseen! Still, she presses out a barely polite Have my thanks, conjurer. before all but bellowing For Glory, then! in response to the other human's repeated call, just as she rushes forward to stand by the side of her advancing allies, shield held high.

Double move from M37 to O27.

Feathersnow
2022-06-19, 03:00 PM
Djem rushes to the side of the Scorpion, using Vanguard strike on the anointed that hurt it, weakening the target against attacks by her allies!

[Roll]1d20+5[roll] to hit

[roll0] damage

Buufreak
2022-06-20, 02:48 PM
Djem's strike knocks loose the Anointed, but it still manages to stand.

Anointed 10, the last to be affected by the Turning, makes his way as far and as fast as possible from the beacon of light that was Djem.

An Anointed makes a charging run towards the large arachnid, it's training staff in hand, swinging widely!

Seeing an opening, Anointed 8 moves in to attempt to strike at Djem!

Anointed 7 attacks the scorpion, [roll0] vs AC. [roll1] bludgeoning damage on hit.

Anointed 8 attacks Djem with its open palms. [roll2] vs AC. [roll]1d8+2] bludgeoning damage on hit.

We are back to the top of the key, take it away group 1.

Alhallor
2022-06-21, 04:48 AM
Isidor assessed the situation. The front Group was getting quickly surrounded by the Anointed, but he himself stated that he would stay back at the Obelisk and defend it. On the other hand there was the towering Abraxas, now probably big enough to hold of a raging sandstorm, if even for a time. It would probably be better to thin out the enemy numbers at least a bit till he would retreat to the obelisk again.

I'll venture forth quickly and then come back!

Isidor sprints shield before himself and rans towards one of the anointed at the last possible moment he stops, feints a shield bash but quickly stops that movement and drive his sword at the anointed before him.

Charge towards H26 and attacking AN4.
Damage: [roll1]
Current AC is 16.

Aracor
2022-06-23, 09:46 AM
Senet watches as many of his allies charge forward, and meet anointed in the middle of the battlefield.

I can help ensure local superiority of force! Strike swiftly, my friends!

Senet activates one of the wands in his staff, and casts Mass Snake's Swiftness, centered on K/L - 26/27. This creates a 20 foot radius bubble in which every allied creature can take either a melee or ranged attack.

This affects: Isidor, Djem, Aloysius, the scorpion, and Ashait

Isidor, Djem, Aloysius, the scorpion, and Ashait all get to make a free attack (either melee or ranged) with the casting of Senet's spell.

edit...If Buufreak is nice, he could include Sothos in the area of effect if he also decides to charge on his turn.

Feathersnow
2022-06-23, 01:20 PM
Djem slashes with her sword at the anointed she marked for destruction!

Everyone is at a +4 to hit the anointed Djem hit in her turn, so she will target it

[roll0] to hit

[roll1] damage

Doxkid
2022-06-23, 02:25 PM
Aloysius himself does not attack, seeing no need to waste his own protection spell for a single arrow, his Scorpion spares the anointed no such kindness; it's claw strikes once more and this time it will hopefully get a good grasp on the creature.

Scorpion
Bonus attack: Claw attack against Anointed #6 Claw Attack: [roll0]. Damage: [roll1]. It'll make use of its Improved Grab ability to start a grapple as a free action if that Claw attack hits. Grapple check [roll2]

Metastachydium
2022-06-23, 06:44 PM
Senet gives a setback and Senet takes it away, or so it seems. Her countenance distorting into a vicious smirk, Ashait, now pleased with her lot, emerges from what seems to be thin air to bear her own blade down on a nearby dead husk.

Attacking either A6 if the scorpion doesn't bring it down or A10 if A6 is no longer available: [roll0] for [roll1] against flat-footed AC.

Alhallor
2022-06-24, 03:53 AM
Thanks to Senet Isidor quickly strikes again after having missed his other attack.

Attack: [roll0] against AN4
Damage: [roll1]

Rekmond
2022-06-24, 11:30 AM
While he knew it wouldn't take long, the speed at which the pace of combat changed was startling nonetheless.

"Not my ideal position," he grunts before throwing himself forward past his sister, coming in for a backhand strike on the Annointed before him.

This at least was a familiar position.

Move to flank with Djem, strike from behind.
[roll0] for [roll1] damage and [roll2] sneak attack if applicable

Buufreak
2022-06-24, 11:58 AM
Blades and claws meet embalmed flesh, and the party watches as the Anointed designated 9 falls from Djem's slash.

The undead react in kind, 1 charges towards Isidor, the others already poised in position to attack.

Anointed 1 charges, [roll0] vs AC, hit for [roll1] against Isidor.
Anointed 4 remains in position, continuing the attack [roll2] for [roll3]
Anointed 6 continues to fend of the massive scorpion. [roll4] for [roll5]

NEXT GROUP IS UP!

Doxkid
2022-06-24, 05:17 PM
Aloysius

The Scorpion doubles down on it's assault of Anointed #7, unleashing it's full arsenal of attacks upon the undead while Aloysius attempts to slip through the gap in the battlefield

Scorpion
Claw 1 Attack: [roll0], damage: [roll1]. If this its it attempts to start a grapple as a free action; Grapple check: [roll2]
Claw 2 Attack: [roll3], damage: [roll4]. If this its it attempts to start a grapple as a free action; Grapple check: [roll5]
Tail Sting Attack: [roll6], damage: [roll7]. Undead are usuallynot subjected to poison, so I'll leave that out for now.

Aloysius
(Currently benefiting from 'Hide From Undead' for basically the next half hour)
Uses both a Standard and Move action to move across the battlefield, starting on M-30 and making his way up to I-18. Moves from M-30 through the scorpion's space (allies don't block), past Anointed #7. 3 squares of movement beside Anointed 7, possibly provoking an Attack of Opportunity when passing out of square L-26ish and then makes his way over to the left to avoid any other Anointed.

Buufreak
2022-06-24, 07:26 PM
Yea. He dead.

The fury of the large scorpion proved far to much for the Anointed to handle, as its massive claws pick it up and rip it to pieces.

However see their fellow undead warriors does not deter the aggression, they intend to battle until they are rejoined with death.

Anointed 2 charges forward to fill the gap left by 7. [roll0] vs Scorpion AC. [roll1] damage on hit.

Anointed 5 takes the threat of Isidor moving forward head on. [roll2] for [roll3] damage.

Cygnia
2022-06-25, 06:35 AM
Abraxas willed himself to stay where he was, though he was to eager to throw himself into the fray. His duty was to defend their obelisk!

Postmodernist
2022-06-27, 05:54 PM
"Here goes nothing..." mutters Aesi under his breath as he grips the rope between his hands and braces his talons along the obelisk. ""Sadogo, come here and help me!"

Ok, hopefully the rope is secure, and the DC is 5 since it's a rope with a wall to brace against.

Sadogo will attempt to Aid Another: [roll0] (Climb check of +0 vs DC 10 for Aid Another.)

Aesi will double move/climb. If Sadogo hits the Aid another, add 2 more to this roll. Hopefully, it's easy and I can't fail enough to lose progress/fall. Here's hoping: [roll1]

Buufreak
2022-06-27, 06:37 PM
Success! With all his effort mustered, and a slight upward push from a handy little gust of wind, Aesi begins the climb, moving 30 feet higher.

As per the skill check, you can take a move to go 1/4 your speed, so the double move would be 30 feet higher.

Edit: A11 and A12 are still completely off board, so let's move ahead to Sefu!

arkangel111
2022-06-28, 10:50 AM
Feeling the sudden weight as Aesi begins climbing, Sefu Quickly ties the 2 ropes together, praying that they will hold long enough for Aesi to make his way up the obelisk. To be safe, Sefu stands ready to grab the rope, desperately hoping that it will not come that.

[roll0] use rope

Sefu will standby, ready to grab the rope or Aesi should something go wrong with the climb.

Buufreak
2022-06-28, 12:30 PM
The rope appears fastened, of that Sefu feels sure.

A9 has died, so we are at Ashait and Djem.

Metastachydium
2022-06-28, 03:16 PM
Ashait faces a considerable dilemma. Her charge made a break for the arrow and he's all alone now; on the other hand, she finally found herself somewhere she wants to be: in the thick of the fight where the brave and the cravenly don't mix. She makes up her mind, however, and quite fast. The mage is powerful and the Anointed, converging upon the scorpion, seem to heed him not. She can thin the herd for him and his beast and follow thereafter. Raising shield and blade once again, she slithers forward and slashes at the Anointed blocking the scorpion's way, before baring her needly teeth to try and sink them into the creature's shoulder.

Ashait 5' steps to O26 to flank with the scorpion and full-attacks A6:
Straightblade: [roll0] for [roll1]
and bite: [roll2] for [roll3]

Feathersnow
2022-06-28, 08:17 PM
Djem takes a five foot step to flank, although it probably won't help against the deathless foe! She then slashes with her sword!

[roll0] vs A8

Damage [roll1]

Buufreak
2022-06-29, 12:27 PM
Ashait

Your bled rends deep into the mummified corpse, adding only insult to injury as your fangs dive even deeper. However, the Anointed manages to stay on its feet, if only barely.

Djem

You swing wide, and the Anointed manages to swiftly dodge out of the way with only minor effort.

And then, they came.

Another Anointed, finally in the fray, charges to form an isolating maneuver on Ashait. He brandishes his kopesh and swings.

Djem's new target retaliates in kind, ready to trade blows to the death.

Finally ready to turn and run, the Anointed leaves himself open to Ashait.

A3 kopesh at Ashait [roll0] vs AC, for [roll1] slashing damage.

A8 strikes unarmed at Djem [roll2] vs AC, for [roll3] bludgeoning damage.

Going to auto-sim Ashait's AoO, [roll4] for [roll5] slashing.

Damage dealt. Back to the top with the 3 players.

Buufreak
2022-06-29, 12:39 PM
OOC, actually let me amend that. It has been 3 full rounds. It is time for the showstoppers.

The distant sound of stone shifting against stone rumbles through the dilapidated city once more, followed by a shrill screech of a noise. It sounds organic in origin, but echoes around the entire area. Pinpointing exactly it's source might be difficult.

Feel free to (anyone!) take a free action listen check to narrow it down.

Cygnia
2022-06-29, 01:01 PM
As he stood guard by the Crop's obelisk, Abraxas cocked his head like a mongrel dog, curious now about the sudden strange noise. Maybe another enemy was coming!

[roll0] (Listen)

Aracor
2022-06-29, 01:56 PM
Senet ***** his head to try to determine where the new sound is coming from: [roll0]

Does anyone else hear that? Can you tell where it's from?

arkangel111
2022-06-29, 02:45 PM
Scanning over the battlefield Sefu takes stock of the situation, the sudden noise spelling danger for his companions almost certainly. Hoping to gain something from his higher vantage point, he tries desperately to tune out the sound of combat, focusing intently on the new sound, and it's source.

[roll0] Listen
[roll1] Spot

Postmodernist
2022-06-29, 02:49 PM
Aesi turns his head toward the cry, hoping his superior vantage point assists him being as eagle-eyed as his species is famous for.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Metastachydium
2022-06-29, 03:04 PM
Though still grinning triumphantly, the sudden, loud noise still gives the naga some pause. Could it be that the trial's about to stop fooling around with her crop? Just as well. The Anointed proved delightfully tough, but not much of a challenge. Not for her, anyway. It was about time.

Listen: [roll0]

Doxkid
2022-06-29, 09:33 PM
"...This is why I said we should hurry and not get distracted."

Listen Check: [roll0]

Alhallor
2022-06-30, 04:27 AM
Isidor got hit 2 times by the annointed fighting against him. It was a good thing though, with this he spared his companions these attacks. He try'd to not get distracted by the powerful roar, better to get down the current threat before going against the newest threat.

Listen: [roll0]

Buufreak
2022-06-30, 06:43 PM
Listen Checks

Uncertainty fills the majority of the fray, though of course not for the Anointed. The sounds of battle seem to mask the origin of the shrill roar, but both Abraxas and Isidor seem certain they know the correct direction. Isidor points north, toward the opposing obelisk, while Abraxas turns his attention to behind him and to the right.

Currently, no one has spotted anything amiss.

Without further adieu, onward to Group 1 and their actions!

Alhallor
2022-07-04, 03:12 AM
With a cry of defiance Isidor attacks two annointed at once, changes his stance into a more defensive one and retreats.

Using Steel Wind Strike to attack AN1 and AN 4
Attack AN1: [roll0]
Damage AN1: [roll1] + [roll2] Punishing Stance (forgot this the last few times.)

Attack AN4: [roll3]
Damage AN4: [roll4] + [roll5] Punishing Stance (forgot this the last few times.)
Lose my Stance as a Swift action and retreat towards H23 but with a AC of 24 thanks off dropping Punishing Stance and having Mobility. Provoking three AoO's if I drop None of the Anointed.

Buufreak
2022-07-04, 10:53 AM
[roll0] for [roll1]

Isidor's blade screams through the air, slicing cleanly through the first Anointed, felling it in one blow. The second, however, was ready for it and his blade sailed short as it dodged backwards.

Buufreak
2022-07-04, 11:01 AM
A4, (1d20+3)[14] vs AC, (1d4+2)[4] damage.
A5, [roll0] vs AC, (1d6+3)[4] damage.

The mummified undead swing wildly at Isidor, but he proves far too swift to be struck. He makes his escape cleanly.

Aracor
2022-07-04, 06:39 PM
Senet will cast a Glitterdust spell, hitting Anointed 2, 3, and 6. DC 16 save vs blindness.

edit...3 round duration

Buufreak
2022-07-05, 01:04 PM
A2 [roll0]
A3 [roll1]
A6 [roll2]

edit: The Gliterdust has full effect on all targets!

Gonna go ahead and roll some bones for Sothos, he will take the flank on A8 and...

[roll3] vs AC for [roll4] plus [roll5]

Then lets go ahead with the Anointed. A4 will pursue after Isidor, and A6 will continue attacking the scorpion.

A4 attacks Isidor [roll6] for [roll7] damage.
A6 attacks the scorpion [roll8] for [roll9] damage.

edit: the above attack from A6 does not include the effects of Glitterdust. I assume it missed already, but just double checking.

Plenty of rolls there. Let's see what Aloysius can do next!

Doxkid
2022-07-05, 05:56 PM
Aloysius

Aloysius breaks into a full sprint toward the pillar, his summoned Scorpion soaking uo the attention of the undead nearby just in case Aloysius' protective spell fails him. Said scorpion is simply going to town on these undead, always shimmying and adjusting itself in between rounds of attacking the nearest Anointed such that hardly any of them have landed an attack on it yet.
Scorpion
Claw 1 Attack: [roll0], damage: [roll1]. If this its it attempts to start a grapple as a free action; Grapple check: [roll2]. Immediate Constrict if that Grapple lands (Which I have forgotten about up until now because I always forget SOMETHING) [roll3]
Claw 2 Attack: [roll4], damage: [roll5]. If this its it attempts to start a grapple as a free action; Grapple check: [roll6]. Immediate Constrict if that Grapple lands [roll7]
Tail Sting Attack: [roll8], damage: [roll9]. Undead are usually not subjected to poison, so I'll leave that out for now.

Aloysius
(Currently benefiting from 'Hide From Undead' for basically the next half hour)
Fullround Action to run to the Pillar. Now the hard part begins...he has to climb the damn thing.

Buufreak
2022-07-06, 12:07 PM
The scorpion releases the entirety of its wrath on the two Anointed before it, grabbing them, crushing them, and slamming them into the ground. It seemed preoccupied with this effort as its tail swings high, missing the other Anointed within range.

Having lost its original target, A5 moves to flank Sothos and attack.

[roll0] vs AC for [roll1] damage.

The culmination of the sounds only moments ago comes to fruition. Aloysius is met head on when reaching the obelisk by a feline-like creature with scaled over front claws, sharp pointed ears, and a large scorpion stinger of a tail. It lets out a loud screech as it lunges at him, claws extended with the intent for blood.

[roll2] to hit, [roll3] slashing damage (emphasis because of Lich DR.)

The shrill roar seemed to echo, but Abraxas was too wise and knowing for it. To his right, another Manticore comes charging in, trying to make the same meal out of Senet!

[roll4] to hit, [roll5] slashing damage.

I have updated the tracker to reflect the new combatants, and remove all the dead ones. I have also updated the initiative order as some groups have ceased to exist and pockets have closed. It is viewable easily here. (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25487671&postcount=43) Next up is Abraxas (YOU FINALLY GET TO HIT THINGS!) and Aesi!

Cygnia
2022-07-06, 04:52 PM
As the misshapened monstrosity screeched, Abraxas let out a fevered bellow in response. The gaunt man's heart rate quickened and spittle flew from his lips as he stepped forward. A member of his Crop was threatened and the manticore would now have to suffer the wrath of a warrior caught up in a full-on battle frenzy.

Abraxas' polearm lashed out into savage arcs towards his foe. All the while, unintelligible howls erupted from his throat...

5 ft step to the right
Free: Activating Whirling Frenzy (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/classFeatureVariants.htm) (+4 Str, +2 AC & Reflex saves (6 rounds))
Free: Demoralize (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/intimidate.htm) the Manticore (from Intimidating Rage)
[roll0] Attack 1
[roll1] Dmg (if hit)
[roll2] Attack 2
[roll3] Dmg (if hit)

M CN Human Barbarian (Wolf Totem)/Fighter, Level 2/1, Init 1, HP 29/29, Speed 40
AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 16, Fort 6, Ref 3, Will 2, Base Attack Bonus 3
MW Guisarme +10 (2d4+9, x3)
MW Light flail +9 (1d8+3, x2)
Abilities Str 22, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 8, Cha 14
Whirling Frenzy: +4 Str, +2 AC & Reflex saves (6 rounds)

Buufreak
2022-07-07, 01:09 PM
The massive pole-arm crashes down into the Manticore with a whirl of flourish! It still stands, but is certainly worse for wear, and almost seems taken aback from this display of might.

Doxkid
2022-07-07, 06:07 PM
"It would be appreciated if someone could clear a path for my conjured minion." Aloysius shouts toward the main group. It is not exactly an urgent situation yet, but it very well could become one if he is left to deal with this creature on his own for too long.

Buufreak
2022-07-08, 02:04 PM
Aesi witnesses the next challenge as presented, but his resolve keeps him to the task at hand. He continues his climb, assisted by his familiar.

Climb check [roll0]
Aid other check [roll1]

Aesi succeeds, continuing climbing another (assuming double move at 1/4 speed) 15ft.

It appears both A10 and A11 are dead, so we can go ahead to Sefu, Ashait, and Djem.

Metastachydium
2022-07-08, 03:17 PM
Sparing but a quick scowl at the new foe, the naga eyeballs the distance between the dark mage and herself. Proud as she is, she knows her limits. She's not fast enough to join that melee before the newcomer could act again.

What Aloysius requests of her, on the other hand is nothing she can't do. The corners of her lips turning slightly upwards, she shifts her stance and she brings down blade and fang upon the dutiful anointed blocking the scorpion's path towards its master.

5' step to O25 and full attack:
straightblade [roll0] for [roll1]; and
bite [roll2] for [roll3]

Feathersnow
2022-07-11, 06:40 PM
Djem channels her last power, Stone Bones, as she swings at the last anointed in easy reach!

[roll0] hit
[roll1] damage

Buufreak
2022-07-12, 04:12 PM
Sefu

Using his blinking ability, Sefu manages to reach the top of the spire. Peering down over the cityscape, he views the seemingly infinite expanses of sandblasted building, with ever more forces of Anointed prepared to enter the fray.

The Anointed continue their dueling with their respective opponents.

A8 attacks Djem [roll0] vs AC, [roll1] damage on hit.
A3 attacks Ashait [roll2] vs AC, [roll3] damage.

We now return to the top of the key, with Isidor, Sothos, and Senet.

Alhallor
2022-07-13, 02:50 AM
Isidor is beating himself up a bit. The really dangerous-looking Manticores are there, but currently he can't engage them. Well they are other things he could do. He changes his footing subtly and raises his sword high up in the air and let it fall heavily against the anointed.

Using Mountain Hammer
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] MH and [roll3] PS
AC is currently 18.
If I drop AN4 Isidor moves towards M25 to flank with Ashait.

Buufreak
2022-07-13, 12:25 PM
That'll do lad. The Anointed crumbles under the weight of the blade, unmoving. You take your movement without issue.

Aracor
2022-07-13, 04:48 PM
Senet tries unsuccessfully to duck away from the large cat-looking thing, and while he prevents it from being lethal, he squeaks a bit as the claws bite through his clothes.

Watch out, these are manticores! Their tail has a poisonous stinger and can launch spikes like they're arrows!

He then proceeds to try to disable the one closest to him.

Activate Abrupt Jaunt, allowing him to teleport to M39. This should make a bit more room for Abraxus's form.
Cast Color Spray straight at the manticore.

The manticore will need to make a Will save DC 16 to be messed up depending on its hit dice. If 5 or more, it will only be a 1 round stun.
If it is 3-4, then it will be blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round.

Buufreak
2022-07-14, 03:10 PM
Saving throw!

[roll0]

The splash of color sprays across the manticore, and it flails wildly, wincing its eyes, unable to make any headway of direction before seizing up in shock.

Buufreak
2022-07-17, 12:20 PM
Sothos

Sothos continues his flanking assault on A8.

[roll0] vs AC for [roll1] plus [roll2]

Edit: didn't make not of it immediately, my mistake, with enough of the Anointed finished, we are at Aloysius.

Doxkid
2022-07-18, 04:03 PM
Aloysius

"Horrid creature. Suffer" One hand fires off a bolt of waxy magic at the beast while he shifts the other to defend himself from the next attack.

Aloysius casts Ray of Enfeeblement defensively.
Concentration check: [roll0] to cast defensively against DC 16
Ranged Touch Attack Roll: [roll1] against Touch AC.
Strength Penalty: [roll2]

That's a LOT of rolls, so I expect things to go wrong. If I don't mess up a roll I'll at least roll a 1...

The Scorpion simply brutalizes the Anointed; it’s actions are nothing new, but the cruelty and destructiveness of it’s attack is still an awesome thing to witness.

Claw 1 Attack: [roll3], damage: [roll4]. If this its it attempts to start a grapple as a free action; Grapple check: (1d20+11)[18]. Immediate Constrict if that Grapple lands [roll5]
Claw 2 Attack: [roll6], damage: [roll7]. If this its it attempts to start a grapple as a free action; Grapple check: (1d20+11)[18]. Immediate Constrict if that Grapple lands [roll8]
Tail Sting Attack: [roll9], damage: [roll10].

...Come to think of it, have any of these grapple attempts been working?

Cygnia
2022-07-18, 04:22 PM
A frenzied Abraxas roared with glee at the manticore's new status. He knew nothing of the color spray's powers, only that his foe was weak and he was strong. Again, the lanky man brought his polearm down in vicious slashes in a gruesome harvest...

[roll0] (attack 1)
[roll1] (Dmg if hit)
[roll2] (attack 2)
[roll3] (Dmg if hit)

AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 16, Fort 6, Ref 3, Will 2, Base Attack Bonus 3
MW Guisarme +10 (2d4+9, x3)
MW Light flail +9 (1d8+3, x2)
Abilities Str 22, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 8, Cha 14
Whirling Frenzy: +4 Str, +2 AC & Reflex saves (5 rounds)

Buufreak
2022-07-20, 03:55 PM
Aloysius

Your blackened ray of energy strikes the beast, sapping away its strength.

The scorpion unleashes is ferocity onto the designated Anointed, grabbing it and squeezing the (un)life out of it.

The last of the still present Anointed continues his fight, charging in and swiping at Sothos.

The manticore retaliates against Aloysius, using what strength it still has to swipe widely, and even attempts to sting with its stinger of a tail.

A5 attacks Sothos with a charge, [roll0] vs AC, [roll1] damage.

M1 full attacks Aloysius, all vs AC
[roll2] for [roll3]
[roll4] for [roll5]
[roll6] for [roll7]

EDIT:

Abaxas

With a swift and violent flourish of your polearm, the manticore crumbles under its own weight, too injured to move.

Postmodernist
2022-07-24, 11:37 AM
Seeing his comrades dispatch their adversaries efficiently, Aesi decided to change tactics. "Sadogo untie the ropes, and bring them to the other side." With that, he unshouldered his crossbow and flung himself off the obelisk. He extended his wings and they immediately caught the wind, steadying his descent, as he glided over the battlefield. Sailing over Sothos, he took aim at the Anointed next to him, and fired off a bolt.

Aesi will push off the obelisk, and glide 40' north, descending 5', which should place him one square north of Sothos, at a height of 40' up. He'll shoot his crossbow at AN5.
[roll0] (Aesi is normally +4 on ranged attacks, but he's -4 unfortunately, cause he's shooting into melee, so it cancels out, plus Knowledge devotion bonus.)
Damage if it hits: [roll1] piercing.

Sadogo will obey his master and fly to the top of the obelisk and untie the top rope, which should still be tied to the second rope, and begin gathering them up before carrying them toward the other obelisk.

Buufreak
2022-07-25, 03:22 PM
With a warring glow of blue and red in their eyes, the two Anointed chased off from Djem's turning return, a new drive and fury within them. They move faster, charging in, weapons brandished and ready for the kill.

A11 attacks Sothos, [roll0] vs AC, [roll1] damage.
A12 attack Djem, [roll2] vs AC, [roll3] damage.

After this, I believe any and all opposition has taken their turn or is defeated, so we have Sefu, Ashait, and Djem, then we will return to the top of initiative with Isidor, Sothos, Senet, and Aloysius when the first 3 have finished their turns.

Feathersnow
2022-07-25, 09:06 PM
Djem uses stone bones strike to slash definitively at A12, who unwisely returned from fleeing.

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage

Buufreak
2022-07-25, 11:49 PM
The undead deftly dodging out of the way of the incoming attack, a newfound litheness in its moves.

Metastachydium
2022-07-26, 03:25 AM
Ashait grinds her teeth in frustration. What on earth is Isidor doing? What on earth is everyone doing? FORGET THE DEAD! she bellows, darting forward towards the obelisk. AID THE MAGE INSTEAD!

Ashait runs to O9 to get within charging distance of the manticore.

arkangel111
2022-07-26, 08:25 AM
Taking a moment to center himself, Sefu looks over the battlefield determining where his skills can best be used.

Full round action Recover Maneuver: Shadow jaunt.

Buufreak
2022-07-26, 10:11 AM
Alright, assuming everyone has updated the map appropriately, this brings us back to the top of initiative. Appropriate individuals mentioned before, take your turn!

Alhallor
2022-07-28, 04:17 AM
Ashait was right of course, the annointed were handled by the others near the Obelisk. And he could challenge the manticore.

Isidor sets his Shield and his Sword at his side and runs frantically towards the Manticore, stopping just slightly before him.

Using the Run action to get towards the manticore. I also removed M2 from the map because he was defeated, I hope that was alright?
I let my stance fall, but AC is currently 18 because I lose my dex-bonus to AC after running. 19 AC against the manticore, because he's my dodge target.