PDA

View Full Version : Divine defiance question

Rleonardh
2022-05-27, 10:49 AM
Say a cleric 1 with practiced spellcaster gets divine defiance
The other class is bard sorcerer or wizard 19

Does divine defiance work with the arcane casters or only the cleric and or druid?

Biggus
2022-05-27, 11:12 AM
Do you mean "if you have the relevant spell (or dispel magic) prepared on the arcane side, can you use DD to counterspell it?".

If so, the answer by RAW is yes as far as I can tell, if you're a Wizard or have used the Arcane Preparation feat (DD specifies you must have the spell prepared). I suspect by RAI it's meant to be a divine spell as the feat requires divine caster level 3, but neither the feat nor the definition of divine feats actually specifies that it must be.

Aracor
2022-05-27, 11:13 AM
Not 100% sure what you're asking, but I think you're asking whether or not you can use prepared/known spells from an arcane class to "power" the counterspell. If that is indeed what you're asking, then yes.

The only thing that divine defiance changes is that you use an immediate action to counterspell rather than a readied standard action. You still need to use either the exact same spell, a spell that is explicitly allowed to counter, or dispel magic (and make a caster level check), and you can use any spell that you have prepared.

Rleonardh
2022-05-27, 11:28 AM
Yah I was asking if I went cleric 1 and later took practiced spellcaster and muticlassed into say a bard that had dispell magic that I can use turn attempts to fuel the bard using it as arcane vs having a cleric level 7 to have it on that side of list.

Thinking a cleric 1 bard 19 that can also swift dispell but than I overglossed the must be prepared.