PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Swifter Quiver Gunslinger?

Melphizard
2022-05-27, 06:39 PM
Hello all!

This is just a general rules question regarding the spell Swift Quiver and guns, specifically the Musket/Pistol. The spell Swift Quiver states the following:

"You transmute your quiver so it produces an endless supply of nonmagical ammunition, which seems to leap into your hand when you reach for it.

On each of your turns until the spell ends, you can use a bonus action to make two attacks with a weapon that uses ammunition from the quiver. Each time you make such a ranged attack, your quiver magically replaces the piece of ammunition you used with a similar piece of nonmagical ammunition."

Could a character technically put bullets in a quiver to take full advantage of this spell and spam out musket/pistol shots as a bonus action? Do note that this is with the idea that the character in question has Gunner so loading isn't a problem. If the answer to this working is yes, then I think it'd be awesome to have a bard (w/magical secrets) get Swift Quiver and start blasting.

heavyfuel
2022-05-28, 12:14 AM
RAW wise? Seems like you're covered.

8wGremlin
2022-05-28, 01:04 AM
RAW wise? Seems like you're covered.

Yeah they have Ammunition (Firearms) (https://www.dndbeyond.com/compendium/rules/dmg/dungeon-masters-workshop#Firearms) so yes, full RAW
- good find!

Witty Username
2022-05-28, 01:26 AM
I'd allow it, swift quiver is pretty weak so I wouldn't see an issue with it. And it sounds RAW compliant.