PDA

View Full Version : DM challenge (confound the big folk).

morkendi
2022-05-30, 06:27 PM
I have played much longer than the other players in group, and the DM likes the way I roll play. It’s been an ongoing thing lately where he gives me a feat and I build a character around it to role play. Newest one is confound the big folk. The thing is, I try to be a little different when he does this.

My current thoughts are tibbit rouge, but I am trying to figure out something different though I do like the tibbit for this. Rouge is a pretty straight forward build for this.

My other thought is psychic war. Using the compression or cat and buffing the claw/claw/bite with various powers. I am concerned on some of the damage output and thought I would reach out for suggestions.

Rebel7284
2022-05-30, 06:52 PM
Well there is that whole trick with evil Soulborn being immune to strength penalties and Tibbit turning into a cat is specifically a penalty.

Also Factotum both gives you extra actions for extra trips AND allows you to add Int to trip.

What levels will you be playing at and what books are open?

Also, if you were considering Rogue and Psychic Warrior, Psychic Rogue is RIGHT there.

morkendi
2022-05-30, 06:55 PM
Starting level one. Any printed material (he won’t allow psychic rogue because it was not printed in a book

Gruftzwerg
2022-05-31, 01:21 AM
I've a Kobold Hellfire Glaivelock build (see signature) around Confound the Big Folks. Maybe you can pick up some ideas there? Or how about a stealthy glaivelock to begin with?

Other suggestions:
Beast Strike: add your claw dmg to your unarmed strike dmg. And with unarmed strikes you can get iterative attacks.
Assassin could be a nice prc if you want a rouge prc.

Doctor Despair
2022-05-31, 05:33 AM
Use Giantbane to stick to your Confounded Big Folk while you fight defensively

Take levels in knight so you can Test of Mettle all the enemies while you're riding your Confounded Big Folk. They'll hit your unwilling mount 50% of the time

Use Intimidate on your mount to make them panicked; panicked creatures, if they can't escape, cower instead.

Rebel7284
2022-05-31, 01:26 PM
Huh, no web content, well Factotum is slightly weaker without Front of Inspiration, but still might be really nice.

Soulborn 2/Factotum 8/

edit: sorry, it's soulborn, not incarnate with that class feature. Fixed

Also found a thread with a bunch of builds: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?291781-funky-builds-for-a-tibbit

sleepyphoenixx
2022-05-31, 02:20 PM
Why not play a tibbit tiger claw swordsage? Claws are a discipline weapon and a lot of strikes do damage that's not reduced by being tiny or having to move before attacking.
Shadow Blade is an option for extra damage too.

And doesn't every cat want to be a tiger? :smalltongue: