PDA

View Full Version : Quick and Dirty Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman

Malphegor
2022-06-01, 03:25 PM
Superman build I’ve been working on

Lawful Good Lesser Aasimar Monk 1/Erudite 5/Thrallherd 10/Erudite+4

Raised by humans, Calliel, was unknowing of his celestial ancestry until fairly recently when his father told him. He now adventures to live up to his parentage that includes a solar perhaps named Joriel?

He seeks to bring as much good as he can in the world, and defend the Material Plane from threats that oppose it. And ensure that those around him are just as capable of helping in this task. He worships Tyr mostly because he has worked with paladins of Tyr, but respects Rao most of all for he has learnt that his birth parents served the sungod, but finds that god to be somewhat distant at times. He believes he was born for the purpose of furthering the increase of good in the world to further their eternal war against evil, as a lesser aasimar he is essentially a man with mild celestial boons and not a true angelborn. He needs to prepare people to serve him. He needs to control. He needs to save people. For he is a hero. A super hero.

And so they will serve, whether they know or not. By hook or by crook, the flock come to serve the man who will be their shepherd, this man of crystal power, whose powers make him a man of steel when he needs to be, is gentle… But determined to save the world he loves, for that is his purpose.

1: Shape Soulmeld: Airstep Sandals: I can now fly 10ft as a move action each round,, must be on solid ground between rounds or I fall. (more essentia invested adds 10ft each point for the day). Meldshaper level is half my character level min 1.
Monk 1: Improved Unarmed Strike.
Monk 1: Monastic Training.
Erudite bonus feat swapped for spell to power.
3: Inquisitor: can tell when someone’s lying to me by spending my psionic focus.
6: Open Least Chakra: Binding my airstep sandals to my least chakra (feet) bumps my maneuverability from good to Perfect manoeuvrability. which means we can hover intimidatingly now yay
9: Psycarnum Infusion: 1/day can max out the essentia invested in Airstep Sandals. Which means I can invest up to half my character level in my flightspeed x10 eventually capping sub20 at 110ft flight with perfect maneuverability. There’s stuff faster than us but this is still really good.
12: Tashalatora: My Erudite levels stack with my monk ones to add unarmed damage, AC bonus, and flurry of blows attack numbers.
15: Knight of Tyr’s Merciful Order: can sense evil 1/week.
18: Omniscient Whispers: 1/week, I can get the answer to a question as if by the spell commune. This renders me exhausted. I like to think this is the voices around the world that if I strain I can hear.

Items:
Cape of the Mountebank: A red cape trimmed with gold. Dimension door 1/day. 10,080gp. I am literally picking this for the colour.
Nightscale Armour: formfitting snakeskin armour, 1000gp.
+50gp for a signature crest.
Monk’s Belt: +5 to my effective monk level bringing it up to 15 when Tashalatora comes online.

Note: tashalatora was originally much earlier in the build, but I uh got a bit carried away with trying to get non-winged all day quickly advancing flight

Thrall 1: Batman, Sir Bruce Wainwright, the Shadow Knight.
Neutral Good
A human who joined Superman’s organisation of heroes, Sir Wainwright was once a member of the nobility, but when his house was slain by a criminal to just him and one member of his household, he sought to train as a wizard to avenge his family. During his training, he heard of Calliel the caped hero who selflessly fought crime and soon found himself open enough to become a thrall. Sir Wainwright chose to be the dark shadow to my sun theme, and tries to bring good to the shadowy underbelly of his
(Note: I wanted to mangle a batman wizard who’s always prepared into actually being batman. This is the vague sort of half-plan)

(Dragonlance) Noble 1/Domain Wizard 5/Wizard Advancement PRCs 4/Wyrm Wizard 10
1: Mercantile Background: The Wainwrights were noble merchants, who have their human fingers in most of the Gnotham the gnome city. Wainwright Industries is a PHB2 business that slowly accumulates wealth offscreen for us to tap into in emergencies for big projects.
Human: Investigate feat: Can find clues to solve crimes. (Research can come later)
3: Retributive Spell: Batman gets into melee a lot
6: Iron Will
9: Spell Thematics: Batman’s spells seem to take on the visual appearence of various gadgets at his disposal (aka the superior Adam West option), giving the impression he’s not magical, just absurdly well prepared with odd tools.
12: Darkstalker: Can hide even from those with the senses to bypass stealth.

Gear:
Nightscale Armour 1000gp
+50gp for a signature crest.
Cowl of Warding: 200,800gp, mindblank and spell turning. This is mostly because there genuinely isn’t any mundane cowls and facemasks unless you nick from 2e’s aurora’s whole realms guide’s clothing bits that didn’t get adapted into 3e’s Arms & Equipment Guide.
Wings of Flying:60ft flyspeed in the form of batlike wings from this cloak
Pouch of Many Pockets because duh where else are we going to put the bulette repellent?
Rod of Ropes: while we have magic

Thrall 2: Wonder Woman, Diana Nemorensis.
Elan: she’s been around a long time and is slightly alien.
Lawful Neutral: Diana while not evil is more prone to violence and murder as the answer to ensure order, which she seems as more important than the more nebulous seeming concept of Good. When the ages wear upon one and you have been around since High Imaskar still was on this world, sometimes a uncomfortable peace enforced by violence is better than a joyful, good, decline where the peace loving people are annihilated by the warmongers of the time.
(I haven’t fleshed out Wonder Woman’s build yet, she perplexes me. I kinda want a lasso themed class, but I can’t find any. Maybe Ruby Rose Knight Paladin ACF and be charisma based? I know there is a class with hogtying people somewhere, it’s just escaping me at present.)

Bracers of Armour: 1000gp for +1, goes up for higher values: Invisible force field bracers.
Starmantle Cloak: 132,000gp, for total immunity to all mundane weapons, and reflex save for half damage on others. She has a star theme right?
Lasso of Truth: 10gp base lasso. maybe somehow rig up it as a custom item of single target Zone of Truth once somebody’s tied up? Maybe just a wand chamber with an eternal wand of zone of truth…

My two thralls will go to their preferred cities with 50% of my followers split between them and set up things in favour of the party. They’ll keep in touch and run businesses and enterprises to get me resources.
My followers are just people I’ve helped over the years who owe me and see me favourably.
Nobody sees it as being my thrall, they see it as me being innately supernaturally charismatic. I know better, but I keep that to myself to protect the world.

Spells I would like to get as superman.

Erudite lets me get any arcane spell if I vulcan mind meld with someone who has it.. Arcane Disciple adds domain spells to arcane lists so they do exist as arcane scrolls. Thanks to Wyrm Wizard’s existence, ANY divine spell can exist in an arcane form, it’s just a pain in the time and gold to find. With the dm’s permission with spell to power erudite I’d like to take these as my levelup powers to save time, or… With Psychic Reformation (Psion 4) at my disposal, I can find a suitable caster in the world, so I have my ‘Batman Wizard’ who can grant me any spell that exists in exchange for me leaving him with the tools to sort out crimes in his home. I offer him Celestial wisdom via my psionics, he grants me ideas. He might be my thrall but I am kind and allow it to be a transaction and allow him to live as if he wasn’t subservient to me. (note this arrangement probably means batman is building a pile of scrolls alfred is scribing endlessly for him into his spellbooks on his utility belt)

(note: Batman was originally gonna be nonmagical and use Gnome Artificer to make mundane nonmagical gadgets but the famous Batman wizard kinda needed to be referenced)

Door to Great Evil is a paladin 4 spell. It teleports the caster to the nearest location on their plane that has an evil of CR-2 in which fighting it is an appropriate action to do. It also lets me send paladins to that location. This basically is a quick and dirty way to get a reputation as a hero. With affiliation with tyr’s knights and their special feat I can triangulate over time the locations of the greater evils beyond what this spell does.

Ray of Hope is a bard 2 spell, +2 to most kinds of rolls, fills them with hope. It is after all what my chest sigil is meant to evoke. :P

Frost Breath is a level 2 wizard d4 30ft cone of ice that dazes those hit if they fail their reflex save.

Searing Light level 3 wizard spell: Heat
ray that does more damage to undead and undead sensitive to light like vampires especially. SO. There is a 3e faerun feat that would grant this spell but coming out of one’s eyes for a celestial bloodline aasimar. But… I can just… learn the power. I think DMs would be willing to let it come from my eyes.
There are better psionic options over this spell, but that it already is a canon celestial heat vision spell means I kinda feel obliged to fit that.

Blood of the Martyr: Level 4 spell, lets me transfer 20 or more of my actual hit points to another person. Okay so this isn’t a power Superman has had but he would if he could. In times of crisis donating from 20 to all of my hitpoints to another is BIG hero energy. With healing powers being pretty easy on the psionic front, this actually isn’t as big a self sacrifice as it seems and is just for style points to seem like a martyr.

Modify memory? I know he kisses lois’ memories of him away in the Reeve movies…

Forced Dream. If following the reeves track then abusing powers to mess about with time is needed.

Teleport Through Time from that one web article: Unfortunately too high level until epic levels but this would be a hell of a capstone. If I can lose my erudite psicrystal bonus feat to get favoured discipline (arcane spells converted to psionics) or favoured discipline (this spell’s school of spells converted to psionics) dependant on how dm rules favoured discipline I absolutely would. But that’s a bit debateable whether that’s legal or not.

final notes with these wild rambling build stuff: the plan overall is to dispatch the thralls around the world to assist the party in strengthening places against evil and be a story enhancer not a total solution. the characterisation of the two thralls is to reflect on the nature of what does it mean to be Lawful AND Good when one has a companion who is just Lawful and one who is just Good.

MultitudeMan
2022-06-04, 07:21 AM
(I haven’t fleshed out Wonder Woman’s build yet, she perplexes me. I kinda want a lasso themed class, but I can’t find any. Maybe Ruby Rose Knight Paladin ACF and be charisma based? I know there is a class with hogtying people somewhere, it’s just escaping me at present.)

You may be thinking of Justiciar, from Complete Warrior. Iron Chef used it (Round XXXVII (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?255215-Iron-Chef-Optimization-Challenge-in-the-Playground-XXXVII)), so maybe some ideas there?