PDA

View Full Version : Meetup Dutch Meetup 2: The Return of the Dutch Meetup

Lord Herman
2007-11-26, 04:44 PM
It's been a while since the first Dutch Meetup, so I was wondering if anyone was interested in another one.

The first meetup was loads of fun, even though there were only four of us there. I hope that, if we plan this one further in advance, there'll be more people at the second meetup.

I don't have any specific date or place in mind yet; I think we should first see how many people are interested.

Update (Dec 13, 2007)
We've agreed to have the meetup at YPU's place (in Schijndel, near Den Bosch), on February 9th, 2008.

Redpieper
2007-11-26, 04:52 PM
Depending on the date and place, I'll try to be there.

I am interested :smallamused:

YPU
2007-11-27, 11:57 AM
jup, I tend to have a lot of time on my hands now a days, so i will be there. my house is an option once again, should it be needed. And indeed if we plan a lot further in advance there might just be more then the four.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-27, 01:30 PM
Last time there was loads of folk who couldn't show up but promised to come next time, so I'm sure it'll be crowded enough. I, for one, am in again. Let's see who's interested, and then talk about settling a date with everyone so we have an arrangement that's good for the maximum amount of people.

Also, YPU, you still haven't sent me the pictures from last meetup...

Trog
2007-11-27, 02:30 PM
*Double Dutches through the thread with the help of the Tavern NPCs and a couple of jump ropes*

YPU
2007-11-27, 02:33 PM
Also, YPU, you still haven't sent me the pictures from last meetup...

wow, you are right, now where did i put those again :confused:

Rykaj
2007-11-27, 02:50 PM
How was the last meet-up anyway? I thought it got cancelled or something. The thread suddenly faded after the date. Good thing it was held though! Anyway, how was it?

Lord Herman
2007-11-27, 03:40 PM
It was great! Only YPU, Lianserin, MrEdwardNigma, and I were there, but it was really fun. If you're interested, I posted a report of the meetup here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3083324&postcount=165).

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-27, 03:46 PM
Yeah. 'T was good. I played my first DnD game. haven't even played another since, I'm ashamed to say :smallredface:

Perhaps this time my pal RoKAi can actually make it. I'll go and ask him.

YPU
2007-11-29, 09:22 AM
I seriously doubt I will be able to recover the pic’s of last meeting, sorry,:smallfrown: however I am glad you all had a good time, so did I by the way. It was just a bit disappointing so little people could come. But we had a lot of quality rather then quantity.
Anyway, Can’t we scourge the old treat for all the people who promised to come next time and start spaming them to till they promise to come?

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-29, 10:44 AM
Yeah, I've thought of that too. Last time I rallied all the people who expressed interest, anyone else willing to do it this time, or should I try to find them all once more?

Crispy Dave
2007-11-29, 11:18 AM
hey im dutch o ya i forgot i live in America stupid constitution,stupid bush,i hate this place im just gonna go cry in the corner now

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-29, 11:23 AM
You know, we had some pretty nice signature banners last time for the Dutch Meetup. Who made those anyways?

Lord Herman
2007-11-29, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I've thought of that too. Last time I rallied all the people who expressed interest, anyone else willing to do it this time, or should I try to find them all once more?

I'll do it.

edit: Done. I've PMed everyone who expressed interest in the first meetup, posted in the first thread, or accidentally wandered near it.

You know, we had some pretty nice signature banners last time for the Dutch Meetup. Who made those anyways?

That was me. Once we have decided on a date and place for this meetup, I'll make a new banner.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-11-29, 12:04 PM
Ok, I'm interested.... Needs to be on an saturday or sunday for me though.

Damn...this is creeping me out, why are all you people using the same avatar?:smallconfused:

Lord Herman
2007-11-29, 12:09 PM
This should explain it all. There's also a thread about it in SMBG.

v, fear my simu-fu!

Redpieper
2007-11-29, 12:10 PM
Ok, I'm interested.... Needs to be on an saturday or sunday for me though.

Damn...this is creeping me out, why are all you people using the same avatar?:smallconfused:

It started in this thread I believe http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64854 :smallconfused:

Darn ninja herman beat me to it :smallannoyed:

Castaras
2007-11-29, 01:57 PM
I would say "Have it on the 8th!", but I can kinda see that's a bit too close for you lot to plan for. :smalltongue:

Simultaneous meetups! :smallbiggrin:

YPU
2007-11-29, 02:01 PM
The 8th is a bit to soon, but the idea of simultaneous meetups is a fun one, especially if we could get some life video stream going. Lets try to make sure the Dutch meeting and some other one are on the same day shall we?

Lord Herman
2007-11-29, 02:18 PM
You know what would be even better? If we could somehow set up a system where we can send text messages to each other during those simultaneous meetups. That way, we could have even more meetups at once, all over the world! And we wouldn't even have to come together to someones house or anything; we could have an international meetup right from our own homes!

I've got to write this down.

Castaras
2007-11-29, 02:20 PM
Oooo.

There's a video thingymawhat nearby where I live...for connecting people through video link. That could link meetups as well. *grins*

And yes. You write it down. :smalltongue:

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-29, 02:28 PM
You know what would be even better? If we could somehow set up a system where we can send text messages to each other during those simultaneous meetups. That way, we could have even more meetups at once, all over the world! And we wouldn't even have to come together to someones house or anything; we could have an international meetup right from our own homes!

I've got to write this down.

Ah, sarcasm. Invigorating!

YPU
2007-11-29, 03:47 PM
ow and ofcourse lianserin is going to be there as well, she lets me know.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-11-29, 04:31 PM
I thought this thread was about meeting in RL?
Anyway...*wonders off to bed*

MrEdwardNigma
2007-11-29, 04:57 PM
Off course this thread is about meeting in real life. What makes you think it wouldn't be?

Also, is anyone willing to find those who showed interest in the last thread, or should I do it?

Lord Herman
2007-11-30, 05:49 AM
I already have.

YPU
2007-11-30, 10:31 AM
No replies yet? that’s not a good sign.

Lord Herman
2007-11-30, 10:35 AM
Simius did respond to my PM. He said he wasn't sure he would be coming.

But don't worry, it's only been a day or so since I've sent the PMs. Some weirdos don't log on to GiantITP every day, you know.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-01, 06:00 AM
Hey, I decided to post here instead of reply to you message....

Oh wel, I´l message you anyway:smallwink:

Anybody got an special date in mind?

Lord Herman
2007-12-01, 06:27 AM
You didn't have to reply to the PM; it was just meant to tell you about this thread.

I don't have a specific date in mind, but I do think it's a good idea to plan this well in advance. So I guess it'll be somewhere early next year.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-12-01, 11:26 AM
Not in January! I've got exams then, and I wouldn't be surprised if many other did too...

YPU
2007-12-01, 04:01 PM
but a litle afther the exams people tend to have a lot more time, so that is a plus.

RoKAi
2007-12-02, 08:34 AM
yeah, I wasn't allowed to come so...
I really want to come this time (IF my parents allow me to come)
and why are we actually speaking English, is this a forum rule or just because we are used to it :smallwink:

Lord Herman
2007-12-02, 10:37 AM
There doesn't seem to be an actual rule about speaking English, but I don't think the mods will appreciate it if we start blabbering in a language they don't understand. En natuurlijk mogen ze ons geheime plan om de wereld te veroveren niet te weten komen. :smalltongue:

I'll have exams in January too, but February should be fine.

T'ze'hai
2007-12-03, 05:53 AM
OI!
I'm Dutch!
I didn't express my interest last time as it seemed you had a date set and I'm still quite new here (and no, I don't log on here every day, although I do read a lot while passing by, but I currently have no internet at home).
And I don't want to feel like the only, new, female, dutch person on the block, so to speak.
January or February?

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-03, 08:13 AM
Scratch January, most of us have exams then.
February sounds good I think....

Nou, nou nou, Edward, Herman, hebben jullie alle 'ingredienten' voor stap A?

Lianserin
2007-12-03, 03:38 PM
we do have a holiday coming up in February. or at least I think all of you guys have. so maybe we can plan the meeting somewhere in that week
( I don't know what days that will be because I'm not a student at the moment)

MrEdwardNigma
2007-12-03, 03:46 PM
Yeah, then would be fine for me. Also, that Dutch stuff is creeping me out. Strangly, I'm not very fond of the language.

Lianserin
2007-12-03, 03:53 PM
it's just very creepy to see a bit of dutch between all of this english. but I think that the spring holiday is right for everyone. as long as they don't split that up in regions otherwise it could be that some people have the holiday on other days.

T'ze'hai
2007-12-04, 02:28 AM
Spring holiday.... when is that?
*starts going through her agenda*

Nope, not in there... You know, I don't have those kind of holidays, as I'm a working girl... :smallbiggrin:
*checks the internet*

http://www.landenportal.nl/informatie/schoolvakanties-2007-2008.htm
Seems like there is a split-up: 16 Feb to 24 Feb, or 23 Feb to 2 March. And if you live down south in Carnival-land, it can be different again :smallconfused:

So.... any ideas how to bring everybody together on 1 date, with all those different holidays? And please do remember that there are also people who don't go to school but have to work on week days... :smallsigh:

Lord Herman
2007-12-04, 03:28 AM
I don't get a spring break either, so I think it's best to have the meetup on a weekend.

Zeb The Troll
2007-12-04, 04:06 AM
There doesn't seem to be an actual rule about speaking English, but I don't think the mods will appreciate it if we start blabbering in a language they don't understand.It's indirectly referenced under the "Please Don't" heading under Infraction Types. Specifically,

Typing Incoherently
This is a written medium and people have to read what you write. Chat speak, l33t speak and anything that has to be “translated” falls into this area. You may have something incredible to say, but it won’t be read if you use “m8” and “pwn3d” as every other word in a post. The occasional typo or confusion regarding spelling is understood and expected, but at least take a moment to read over a message before you post it.

Formatting mine.

I realize the intent isn't to make people speak English, but the fact is that all of the moderators speak English as their primary language and can't effectively keep tabs on non-English text. Note that this category specifically states that a polite "please don't" message from a mod is all that would likely happen unless you ignore that request.

Not trying to be a smarty pants. Just pointing out that there is actually a standing request that posts in the forums be easily understood by anyone who may wish to read them.

Besides, you never know who's going to drop in and be curious about what you clever Nederlanders are up to way over across the pond. :smallcool:

YPU
2007-12-04, 11:10 AM
Besides, you never know who's going to drop in and be curious about what you clever Nederlanders are up to way over across the pond. :smallcool:

Perhaps the boards should get a mod that speaks Dutch for those things. :smalltongue:
Nha, well keep it to English anyway, that way any troll or lama could drop in and understand us.

Behalve dat gedeelte over de wereld overnemen dan.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-04, 03:00 PM
Yes, it would be great to have a dutch moderator....

Schiet nou eens op, dalijk word ons plan nog ondekt!

T'ze'hai
2007-12-05, 07:54 AM
Anyway, February it is.
Which day? I believe we have 28 to choose from, 8 if you take a weekend, 4 if you just take the saturdays (so people can have a day to rest after the meet).
Enough time to plan something secret without the need of talking Dutch around here:smallwink:

Zeb The Troll
2007-12-05, 09:35 AM
Enough time to plan something secret without the need of talking Dutch around here:smallwink: :smalltongue:

Lord Herman
2007-12-09, 01:58 PM
Great work, Zeb. Your smiley killed the thread. :smalltongue:

I've made a banner for the meetup. Stick it in your sig if you like, preferably with a link to this thread.

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Meetup2_Banner.png

Code with link: http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Meetup2_Banner.png

And now for organizing the meetup.

When
How does Saturday, February 9th sound? Most people seem to agree a Saturday would be the best choice.

Where
YPU, is your place still available? It'd be great to have the meetup there. It's a good meetup house. And more importantly, you have a pony.

Who
Once we've decided when and where the meetup will be, we should make a list of people who are coming.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-12-09, 02:09 PM
When
Not sure yet, I should check when I have a holiday...

Where
Schijndel is really hard for me to get to. It's practically in the middle of nowhere, really (not that it's not nice, off course).
I'm willing to have the meet-up in my house, but that would be in Belgium. Antwerp though, so very close to the border. And it's easy to reach, cause it's a big city with several trainstations!

YPU
2007-12-09, 03:37 PM
Any Saturday in February is good I think.
My place is available, added horse as well, but its indeed in the middle of nowhere. Antwerpen would be ok for me as well, so will have to wait to see what other people would prefer.

Lianserin
2007-12-09, 03:40 PM
Antwerp is really hard for me to get to since the trains don't go that often and it's international so very expensive for me personally. so Antwerp is not really an option for me.

and for all the people coming from holland and going to antwerp bear in mind that it is an international trainticket and that your ov will not cover it. so it will be expensive. ( I'm sorry I don't want to insult anyone but I'm just being practical)

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-09, 11:56 PM
Antwerpen would be to far for me to go to...(Hmmm, did you ever notice about the name Antwerpen, the word 'ant' and 'werpen'? Funny, I just noticed..)

YPU's house though practically in the middle of nowhere, is not to far away...
Hmmm.....My schedule isnt very full on saturdays....

And YPU has a PONY,my little cousin also has one:smalltongue:

MrEdwardNigma
2007-12-10, 01:51 AM
Antwerpen is actually derived from hand and werpen ("throwing"), or so legend would have us believe. It has to do with a tale where some guy vuts off a giant's hand and tosses it into the ocean or something [/Useless information]

Redpieper
2007-12-10, 09:57 AM
Antwerpen would be expensive, so I don't know if I'd be able to go there :smallfrown:

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-11, 09:56 AM
So we are all thinking YPU's house, ok, when exactly?

Let us gather and think up an answer to that qeustion!

Redpieper
2007-12-11, 10:40 AM
Well where is YPU's house exactly? :smallconfused:
Also during the week would be cheapest for me (OV) but I'm sure I can cough up the money for a train ticket in the weekend. :smallamused:

Lord Herman
2007-12-11, 10:52 AM
YPU lives in Schijndel, near Den Bosch. It's right in the middle of the Benelux.

Is everyone okay with February 9th?

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-11, 01:47 PM
I´l have to check my schedule, meh, I´l do it later:smallamused:

Looks good though...

MrEdwardNigma
2007-12-11, 02:25 PM
Argh, it's hell for me to get to YPU's place, but if there's no other options, I guess I'll have to...
And february 9th sounds fine, I guess.

Lianserin
2007-12-11, 02:30 PM
the 9th sounds good to me

Chris the Pontifex
2007-12-12, 05:13 PM
wow, I dont come in here for a couple of months and all of a sudden there is another meetup...

But looking at my involvement in the playground of late, and the extremely hard to reach location, I dont think I'll be there. :smallfrown: But who knows, maybe by February my live has collapsed and I'll be in here more often. Then I might as well.

Good luck to all of you for now.

JoseB
2007-12-12, 08:49 PM
Whoa! I hadn't heard about this meetup! I am interested in it.

I live in Voorburg, and February 9th sounds good to me so far.

I am a Spaniard living in the Netherlands, myself.

Looking forward to the meetup!

RoKAi
2007-12-13, 08:08 AM
I want to come but I'll need permission from my parents and stuff, I'm not sure If I can come but probably I will (just the parents, always the damn parents, always nagging and blablabla....)

how come I'm still a pixie?????? can you see how much posts you posted somewhere???

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-13, 10:07 AM
RoKai, I vaguely remember you from somewhere...
Did you ever play KOC?
I also remember The Beer truck...:smallbiggrin:
You might have known me there under a different name, I left KOC some time back:smalltongue:

(Scratched)

And, maybe you posted a lot in SMBG, but posts there dont count towards post count, so no ´dwarf´ title...

Hmmm, the 9th looks clear to me...

YPU
2007-12-13, 11:38 AM
9th is fine for me, yes. also, keep in mind its against the forum rules to discus the ratio of ranking/posts.

Lord Herman
2007-12-13, 11:42 AM
Okay, seems like everyone's okay with the 9th, at YPU's place. I'll update the banner.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-13, 11:48 AM
List of people who said they are coming, or atleast will try.

Lord Herman
YPU
RoKai
T’ze’hai
Lianserin
Redpieper
MrEdwardNigma
Dallas-Dakota(Woops, I forgot myself:smallbiggrin: )

Chris the pontifex???
(Note, I searched the whole thread for these people(yes three pages), so please say : Thank you, I feel appreciated that way)

Edit :

V(Herman) : (Weeh)
I do have munchkin, its in dutch. And a cousin of mine own The Cthulhu expansion(in english), though I probably can't bring that one...
A DnD game sounds good, I won't DM, since I have NEVER done that before:smallredface:

Lord Herman
2007-12-14, 05:34 AM
Thanks, dallas.

I'll be bringing the OOTS Adventure game again, and if it's out by February, the expansion too.

Does anyone happen to have Munchkin? Someone would bring it last time, but he didn't show up. It'd be great if someone could bring it.

And I think it'd also be a good idea to have another game of D&D. Anyone feel like DMing?

MrEdwardNigma
2007-12-14, 10:44 AM
I could DM, only I still don't know the rules properly, so that wouldn't be a good idea. I can also bring Munchkin (English version, off course) if needed.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-15, 07:24 AM
Ok, I just checked, my version is in dutch, so people, english or dutch? Ed's or mine?

9th sounds again good.

So, activities.

OOTS adventure game.
Munchkin(english or dutch)
Game of DnD(DM unkown), my dibs on the barbarian though.....

Redpieper
2007-12-15, 07:28 AM
I can dm, though I have half a year experience or so. Good enough? :smallconfused: (books might be a problem if I can't borrow my brother's)

Edit: dallas-dakota, thank you :smallwink:

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-15, 07:29 AM
Online books?

So, for the DnD game.

Me : Barbarian(main-melee'er)
Ed : Fighter (Main-meleer)

Further? We will need an cleric and an arcane caster I think...

MrEdwardNigma
2007-12-15, 07:36 AM
I call dibs on whatever is easiest to play if you don't know the rules properly. Yeah, I'm lazy...

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-15, 09:39 AM
Lord Herman
YPU
RoKai
T’ze’hai
Lianserin
Redpieper
MrEdwardNigma
Dallas-dakota

Ok, a bit much for an DnD game....

YPU - ????
RoKai - ????
T’ze’hai - ????
Lianserin - ????
Lord Herman - rogue
MrEdwardNigma - fighter
Dallas-dakota - barbarian
Redpieper - Dungeon Master(a.k.a GM, game master)

I think we might be able to pull it of with 7 people in a party...
I will edit this post as classes are revealed, a few qeustion(I think to Redpieper)

1 Which level will we play at?
2 which books are allowed? the post of TPBMTPBM
3 hack&slash or RP(roleplaying) Hack& slash then.
Munckin English vs Dutch
English - 1
Dutch - 2

Lord Herman
2007-12-15, 10:02 AM
Rogue for me, please.

With such a large group, I think it's best to go hack & slash. Maybe we can run Return to Undermountain, or another one of those huge dungeons?

Oh, and I'd prefer the English version of Munchkin.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-12-15, 10:32 AM
Yeah, the English version, definitely.
Where did the two votes for the Dutch one come from anyways? :smallconfused:

Redpieper
2007-12-15, 10:56 AM
Ah the english one for me :smallsmile:

What level? 9 if nobody has a problem with that.

What books?

- Core books
- Spell Compendium
- Complete Warrior
- Book of Nine Swords

Those I can borrow from my brother.

Everybody agrees to hack n slash?
Also depending on what you people want, I can make my own or use a pre-made adventure.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-15, 11:02 AM
level 9:smalleek:

Considering I dont have very much time at my hands, and it will take my long enough for a low level char, ehm, level 4?

Lianserin
2007-12-16, 11:38 AM
we can put Tome of magic, Complete mage and complete arcane to the list since I own those and I can bring them. it's also more conveniant for me since I want to play a mage of some sort. the blasting one. if nobody objects. I can also bring some ready to play characters. the people of the last meeting will remember my folder full of characters so if you need a ready to go one just pm me. but level 9 is good for me to

YPU
2007-12-16, 01:10 PM
I have ToB and complete adventurer as well. + PHB MM DMG and eberon campaign setting. I feel like building a warforged ninja, I will go ninja anyway, but warforged remains to be seen.
Hm, level 9 does take some time, but on the other hand I would enjoy playing a high level game for once, perhaps we should downgrade to 6th level, a level at which the classes are nicely balanced in my opinion.
EDIT: hm, it seems we have a blaster two melee and one sneak, perhaps a healer/buffer would come in best, i will see if i can come up with something i wouldnt mind playing, any sugestions?
lets see, from the books open right now there is… cleric; not my favored by hey, always a good basis. Druid; I might do this if we could get some variant in, the basic one is hell. Paladin; little healing, more fighting, so perhaps not a good choice. For the rest, erm, I think the crusader has a few strikes that alow you to heal some damage when you hit a enemy, but that’s not very good. I could use some help here, or perhaps somebody really like to play druid/cleric and thus opens me the option of playing whatever I would like.

Lianserin
2007-12-16, 02:09 PM
we can also play a level 9 adventure and just take a whole lot of potions with us. my character is a warmage by the way so I can also fight very well and I do have armour and a serious amount of spells. I have a level 9 and a level 6 version of her. so I don't mind.

YPU
2007-12-16, 02:15 PM
warmages cant fight very well at all, they have bad BaB IIRC. they yust blast hard, but indeed, if we go one of adventure we can just load up on potions.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-16, 04:45 PM
warmages cant fight very well at all, they have bad BaB IIRC. they yust blast hard, but indeed, if we go one of adventure we can just load up on potions.

I must agree, I tried it once, I almost died.... Then the paladin in our party started roleplaying(a.k.a. whining) to me, I magic missiled her...:smallbiggrin:

Ok, level 6 would be more comfortable for me, since I have done more characters around level 5 then around level 10...

MrEdwardNigma
2007-12-16, 06:31 PM
So, I don't suppose there's any possibility of me playing a weirder (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11491) during this D&D adventure, is there?

YPU
2007-12-17, 03:57 AM
http://www.d20srd.org has the psionic rules, so i am going to do something i always wanted to do, play a psionic.

What sort of character creaton are we using? Normal rolling in that case I made a roll treat (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66775). (and a abdominal roll for myself) or are we using point build/array.
i say we use point build, i love point build! also i think that PB or aray would balance things a bit more for a one of game like this.

T'ze'hai
2007-12-17, 08:03 AM
Maybe a stupid question, but...
DnD 3 (or 3.5) or ADnD (2.5)? I normally play ADnD (and DM a 9th level group), I played DnD 3.5 just once, lower level...
I like to play a firemage (being me).

I'll try to be there on the 9th. Thanx for getting that all together. :smallsmile:

I like Munchkin, I only have a dutch version (with expansions).

Books: I have many many ADnD 2.5 books. Just yell what we need... :smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-17, 08:14 AM
I have only ever played 3.5, some low level things(below level 10 I mean with that) and have never DM'ed.:smallannoyed:

YPU, Redpieper didnt say Psionics were allowed.....so.....

MrEdwardNigma
2007-12-17, 10:40 AM
Yeah, I've only got 3.5 as well, but I'm not all that familiar with that either, so I guess it doesn't matter that much.

squishycube
2007-12-17, 11:40 AM
I wanted to come last time, but the meetup was held at a date I couldn't make it. Planning ahead is good, I have that weekend free at the moment so I will make a note of this. If nothing vital comes up, I will be there, yay!
If I go, Chris will probably go as well, which would be an increase of 50% over last time.

Chris the Pontifex
2007-12-17, 11:48 AM
Ehm, the reason I said I probably wouldnt come in the last page was because I dont visit these forums all that often anymore, so my being there would be rather odd.

But maybe for SQ's sake I'll join in if he asks me. Depends on what else I have around that time too.

YPU
2007-12-17, 01:57 PM
hey, lianserin only logs in to check this threat, (or sometimes to spy on my posts :smalleek:) the point is we all love the oots comics and are geeks in general.
indeed redpier did not say we could use psi, i hope he always it since its online for free, fluffles that is but still, al you need is there.

Lianserin
2007-12-17, 02:36 PM
I don't need to check up on you YPU I trust you. and you will tell me anyway :smallwink: . but level 6 works for me and 3.5 version.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-12-17, 02:59 PM
Ah, misguided trust, how sweet :smalltongue:

Just kidding, off course

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-17, 11:44 PM
Ahhh, how innocent, those who still trust others...

*struggles for oven with several people*

MINE, ITS MINE!

Ok, if squishycube and Chris come I think we could just better make to parties.
Becouse if they both come we got 10 people coming, so two parties of 4? It would help if we werent so high level for us not-so-experienced people.
One party could do level 9 and one level 4(or 6).

Though there would have to be two DM's, and having two DND campaigns going at the same time can be....very, very, loud.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-12-18, 05:53 AM
Perhaps we should have one party for the less experienced people, and one party for the, ehrm, more experienced people, obviously.

T'ze'hai
2007-12-18, 08:02 AM
hmm... a question then again.
I have enough experience with 2.5 (5 years once a week or more, before that once in a while), but very little experience with 3.5 (played it just a few times)
So... should I be in the experienced group, or in the not-so-experienced group?

YPU
2007-12-18, 08:12 AM
@^ thats a good question... it depends on your knowledge of 3.5 i supose, if that is only marginal then a high knowledge of 2.5 might be more of a curse then a blesing.

also i have about 2 years of DMing experience, tough a lot of that was ragrag mismatching of rules so if i DM be prepared for things not going entirely by the book. on the other hand i supose i have been geting good at winging things and perhaps should DM the les experianced group. (i prever DMing above playing anyway) if so i will run a premade adventure, level 4 would seem most apropriate. (ie. not to many stuff to get used to)

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-18, 10:43 AM
Yay, lvl 4! I can use another character I´l have to use two weeks before that then, yay, more time free to do other things....
no....I dont think I spend to much time on SMBG boards...why?
--------------------------------
Version : 3.5
--------------------------------
Lower group, lvl 4

YPU = DM

Dallas-Dakota = Barbarian(main melee-er)
Mr Edwardnigma = Rogue?(Just sneak attack and pick locks on low lvl mainly)
t´ze´hai = (cleric?)
??????????????? = (Arcane caster? Maybe an warmage)
-----------------------------------------
Higher group, lvl 9

DM = Redpieper

???? = ????
Herman = Rogue
Lianserin = Warmage
???? = ????

Lianserin
2007-12-18, 12:44 PM
put me in the more experienced group at what lvl do we play then? lvl 9?

Lord Herman
2007-12-18, 01:17 PM
Put me in the experienced group as a rogue.

Redpieper
2007-12-18, 04:01 PM
Alright I'll dm the higher level one then. Level 9 it is :smallsmile:
Also if you wish to play something that isn't covered in the books I allowed, please state the books you'll use and I will brush up on them. (to avoid me going huh? :smallwink: ) oh and bring the books obviously.

Edit: 32 point buy fine with everyone?

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-19, 09:11 AM
Please people, if you want to adress certain people(like the higher level group) Please say, higher level group, is point buy 32 fine with you?
Or of the sort.
And can somebody(herman?) , please message some of those that said were coming but havent posted recently(In combination with the DnD campaign)

Lianserin
2007-12-19, 09:16 AM
I will use complete arcane and a feat from complete mage for my warmage. but I already rolled my character. but I will use 32 points if anyone objects

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-20, 05:24 AM
*ressurect thread*

T'ze'hai
2007-12-20, 06:52 AM
I don't know how to built a character in 3.5...
I have something lying around, I think level 4 or 5, don't remember the exact class.
So can someone please help me with that?

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-20, 11:36 AM
T´ze, I´m going to do this by PM.
It might be better if our DM did this

T'ze'hai
2007-12-22, 10:46 AM
Which one? The high or low level group? I guess low is more save... YPU?

BTW: anyone going to need a ride from the neighbourhood of Wageningen?

YPU
2007-12-28, 09:38 AM
aaaaah, finaly my laptop is working again.

@^ i would advice the low level group yes, what sort of character would you like, since i would like to try and keep it basic i think cleric or sorcer would be best, but its your choice.

Chris the Pontifex
2007-12-29, 02:22 PM
looking at her exp. I'd go for sorcerer, clerics have too many choices (although at 4 they might be just walking band-aids)

Put me down for cleric and I expect SQ would like to play druid (or cleric, too). Are we playing any particular setting (FF?, Greything?)

YPU
2007-12-29, 03:16 PM
i agree chris, but i would like to give her a choice. i am looking for some premade adventure but most arent much to my liking. i think that i will just bake up a clishé dungeon crawl myself, it might not be good for a campaign but for a one shot its fun.

squishycube
2007-12-30, 12:46 PM
I'll have a shot at either druid or summoner wizard in the experienced party if you please.

T'ze'hai
2008-01-02, 03:38 AM
@ YPU: I'll check my 3.5 character (whose papers are at home, and I'm not) but I guess as I usually play a mage...
You'll hear soon if I'll use my one 3.5 character or if I need a new one.

BTW: I'm a quick learner... :smallbiggrin:

BTW2: Gelukkig nieuwjaar! :smalltongue:

Lord Herman
2008-01-03, 05:51 AM
Have we decided who brings munchkin yet? I'm ordering munchin 1 through 5 (in english), so I could bring those.

YPU
2008-01-03, 07:11 AM
I think that’s the most complete and in one language were going to get it, so please do bring them.
Also, compliments on the avatar.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-01-06, 03:53 AM
Aaaaahk, why does real life hate me?

My mom says 1 I have to catch up with school so no trips or whatever
2 My grandmother is having her birthday at my parents house, I´m required to be there to help.
3Travel would most likely hard to get there.

This and some other private factors conclude in me not going, why does RL hate me?:smallmad: :smallfrown:

Lord Herman
2008-01-06, 05:41 AM
Warning: Incoherent post ahead

<snip>not going</snip>
:frown:

Should we make our characters in advance, or will we do that at the meetup?

I doubt the OOTS Adventure Game's expansion will be out by the time of the meetup, so I'll just bring the original game.

Can we use the PHB2?

YPU
2008-01-06, 05:47 AM
Aw, delas that’s bad. I am sure there is will once be a time and a meeting when you can come. Wel make another report about this one and make sure I don’t loose the pictures…

Thanks for siging me btw.

On another practical note, perhaps two groups of dnd isn’t such a good idea after all.

Lord Herman
2008-01-06, 06:10 AM
With dallas gone, we have six players left - seven if one of the DMs plays instead. It's a big group, but if we're doing a dungeon crawl, we could have a single group.

T'ze'hai
2008-01-07, 05:39 AM
One group on high or lower level?

squishycube
2008-01-10, 11:03 AM
For an upcoming campaign, I have searched the internet for some aerial combat rules. After lots of searching, I found one that I think might do pretty well. So I am asking any of the people coming the meetup if they want to try it out!

I'll tell a little about the campaign, to get you curious. It's an alt-history pulp-action 30-50's zeitgeist heroic steampunkish campaign and the players are air pirates. If you think about Crimson Skies, that will help a lot.
So we have zeppelins, dogfights, plane-jumping, etc and all that above a shattered earth, with only the core in one piece where ditching your plane could mean falling in between the floating islands into the radioactive (it has a reason :D ) core.
The rules I want to try out can be found here (http://www.freewargamesrules.co.uk/index.php/Main/WW2) (then click on Airfleets, no direct link because I also wanted to show you that great site).

YPU
2008-01-10, 11:19 AM
yea, sure i would test it for ya, i do have a huge hex map, dont have any planes tough.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-01-12, 02:30 PM
Pics, pics, pictures please!

Lianserin
2008-01-15, 02:18 PM
for the meeting it's a little bit to ambitious. or at least for the people that have never played dnd. but otherwise it looks okay and fun.

squishycube
2008-01-28, 05:17 AM
Oh noes! We're falling off of the edge of the world!

YPU
2008-01-29, 07:23 AM
ok, I would like to know who's coming for sure, who will possibly come and if anybody is staying for the night (yes you can, be quick and you might even get a bed)

and the game, we have to play some DnD at least, I say. So here is my suggestion, we will play a level 6 dungeons delve, anything goes as long as you can bring the book. (or a print of the rules needed, if you have it digital) make sure the characters will be fun to play and wont take to many time to run. I will probably have a quite fairly cool 3d dungeon done by then. Lets make sure there will be a stack of easy to play characters around. So it will just be, kill the monsters take the loot, loose a character hey look there is a new one in the next room kind of game. Everybody ok with this? (or did at least somebody understand it?)

T'ze'hai
2008-01-29, 12:47 PM
Sounds OK, I'll still need to look at my only 3rd edition character in stock, but no problem taking on one that gets shuved into my hands...
Almost sure I can come, no need for bed, have to go home at end of afternoon in any case.
Anyone who needs a ride from the neighbourhood of Wageningen give a shout, my car has 3 more seats to offer.

Lord Herman
2008-01-29, 12:53 PM
If I could stay the night, that'd be great.

Redpieper
2008-01-31, 01:36 PM
Grr just got a letter stating when my appointment with, well let's just say someone important, is.
I'll let you guess on what day :smallfrown: , I'm going to call tomorrow to see if I can switch the day.

Edit: Do we have to arrive at a fixed time or is it possible to come a little later?

YPU
2008-01-31, 04:13 PM
you can come at any time i supose, but it would be nice to know in advance. last time we played deep into the night.

T'ze'hai
2008-02-02, 08:04 AM
Right. Once you think you've taken all possible Things That Should Be Done into acount, there's always something unexpected, which you can't switch to another date.
In other words: sorry, I can't make it! :smallmad: Real Life has taken over once again...:smallannoyed:
Please post all stories, together with pics, and I try again next time (?).

YPU
2008-02-04, 06:56 AM
So, for those people who can still come, what character are you planning on playing?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-02-04, 07:18 AM
:smallfrown:

Lord Herman
2008-02-04, 02:09 PM
So, for those people who can still come, what character are you planning on playing?

If possible, I'm still playing a rogue. If not, I'm also fine with a melee type character.

edit: Don't forget the vegetarian food. The cheese pizzas you had last time were fine.

squishycube
2008-02-07, 04:55 PM
I'm currently poking Chris into coming, he said he'd call me yesterday but he didn't. I'll have a definite yes or no tomorrow.

Lord Herman
2008-02-07, 05:18 PM
How late do we start? I'm coming by train this time, so 10 o'clock is a bit early for me. I can probably manage 12 o'clock or something.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-02-07, 05:52 PM
Bad news never comes alone.
RoKAi is once more not gonna make it.
Oh, and I will not be able to prepare for the rpg...
This might be bothersome as I barely know the rules...

YPU
2008-02-08, 04:55 AM
oh, damn, right, foodstuffs. probably going to be piza, any requests? the general idea is that I’ll be up and running by 10, before that i might still be at the store getting snacks or the like. so later is fine. (its nice to have an estimate of the time people will come tough.) I haven’t had as much time to prepare for the RP as I would have liked either. So its going to be very random, like real dungeons should be.

Anyhow. In case anybody gets lost, lonely or distracted: My home phone number: 073-5479114 and my mobile number… I should have written that down, ah well im sure lianserin will come around this topic some time and post it, else just phone me at home.

important EDIT: also, who is staying for dinner? And howmany pizza do you need? Also, I am far to late saying this, a little bit of compensation could be nice, this is going to be some pizza and stuff, and im a student so I aint rich.
Current list of people;
MRedwardnigma
Lord herman , has arrived
Squichycube
Lianserin
YPU

Possible’s:
Chris the pontifex (depending on cube’s diplomacy check)
Redpieper (but will be later?)

Lord Herman
2008-02-08, 05:32 AM
I'm staying for dinner, and I'd also like to stay the night if that's possible.

I don't eat much - one pizza is enough for me. The four cheeses pizza you had last time was great.

edit: I'm leaving now, so I'll be in Schijndel at about 12 o'clock. If anyone needs me, my cell phone number is: 06-53746486.

YPU
2008-02-09, 05:30 AM
so, lets see who actualy is going to make it...

MrEdwardNigma
2008-02-09, 07:03 AM
so, lets see who actualy is going to make it...

I, for one, am not...
I'm really sorry, but due to a late pokernight yesterday I only just woke up.
I have to be somewhere tonight as well, so coming now really wouldn't leave me much time. Especially considering how long it would take me to get to your place.

Again, sorry. I hope you guys have a great meet-up.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-02-09, 07:33 AM
*avidly awaits pics of the remaining people*

Lianserin
2008-02-10, 08:41 AM
here are the pics http://www.kodakgallery.nl/AlbumMenu.jsp?&localeid=nl_NL

inlog: [email protected]
password: lotr89

Dallas-Dakota
2008-02-10, 08:46 AM
Can't make a connection.:smallfrown:

Firefox kan geen verbinding maken met de server op secure.kodakgallery.eu.com.

Firefox can not make a connection with the server of secure.kodakgallery.eu.com.

Lord Herman
2008-02-10, 10:56 AM
Well, I'm home. It was a great meetup. Unfortunately, only YPU, Lianserin and I showed up, but it was still loads of fun.

Anyone feel like writing a report on the meetup, or should I do it?

MrEdwardNigma
2008-02-10, 03:21 PM
Well, I'm home. It was a great meetup. Unfortunately, only YPU, Lianserin and I showed up, but it was still loads of fun.

Anyone feel like writing a report on the meetup, or should I do it?

Ow, Squishycube couldn't make it either?
Again, you guys, I'm really sorry I couldn't make it, but again, it's a difficult place for me to reach, and I really was up quite late.

squishycube
2008-02-10, 03:50 PM
I'm very sorry about how I handled this. I wasn't very clear with my previous statement, it should have included: "and if Chris doesn't come, I won't either". On top of that I should've posted friday evening, but I didn't come near a computer anymore after my last post (I could've known this...). Anyway, I hope you had fun and post something about what it was like!

Lianserin
2008-02-11, 05:02 PM
another link

http://www.kodakgallery.nl/Welcome.jsp

same password and e-mail

YPU
2008-02-21, 05:25 PM
For those who were there

DIRE PENGUIN
small Animal
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5 hp)
Initiative: –1
Speed: 20 ft. (2 squares), swim 50 ft.
Armor Class: 13 (+1 size, –1 Dex, +2 natural), touch 10,
flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/–12
Attack: Bite –3 melee* (1d3–2)
Full Attack: Bite –3 melee* (1d3–2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Qualities: Hold breath, low-light vision
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +2
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 9, Con 12, Int 2, Wis 11, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +2, Spot +2, Swim +8
Feats: Endurance, Weapon focus (bite)
Environment: Cold aquatic
Organization: Flock (11–30)
Challenge Rating: 1
Advancement:—
Level Adjustment: —

*A penguin’s bite is considered a secondary attack.
Hold Breath (Ex): A penguin can hold its breath for a
number of rounds equal to 6 × its Constitution score before
it risks drowning.
Skills: A penguin has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim
check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard.
It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if
distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while
swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

Lord Herman
2008-02-22, 03:10 AM
Hold on, why doesn't it shoot laser beams out of its eyes?