PDA

View Full Version : Madness at Brightmore Abbey OOC [5e]

Pages : [1] 2

Amnestic
2022-06-05, 08:47 AM
Welcome to the OOC thread. IC thread is now up here (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?646506-Madness-at-Brightmore-Abbey-IC).

Go ahead and pick a dialogue colour. I'll use the ones not taken for NPCs, when it comes up. I'm pre-saving the greys, not that I expect many people would go for them.

The IC thread will be up tomorrow, just in case someone has a last minute sheet, and to give people a chance for introductions. Remember to subscribe to the thread for further updates.

Current Cards Held:
Comet - Skipsy

Character Sheets:

Player
Name
Race/Class

Aldhissla
Kha'draz Clear-Eyes (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2646194)
Orc Shaman

Kushina43
Jok'lek (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2646775)
Troll Warrior

Xihirl
Jade (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1420021)
Quillboar Goblin Barbarian

Khosan
Skipsy Turncrank (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2647881)
Gnome Artificer

Spre
Emilia Shadowborn (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2649097)
Forsaken Priest

Recruitment Post, saved for posterity:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/561287824964452363/980484527422046228/unknown.png

The ruined husk of the abbey's glorious temple stands forlorn at the top of the hill, a monument to its former majesty.
Hints of silver and gold ornamentation still gleam here and there through a coat of black soot that covers the entire structure.
The arched roof of the temple is half collapsed and its windows shattered, but it still manages to convey something of its original purpose-to remind the viewer of the power and glory of the Light.

During your party's previous adventure, you acquired a unique trinket: the Comet Card, sourced from the Deck of Many Things – an artifact of no small repute (though plenty of disrepute). Called by the card's siren song, you have travelled to the night-bound land of Duskwood. Taverntalk is that an abbey near to the town of Darkshire once held the Deck in full, though it was lost over a hundred years past. A slim lead, maybe, but it is your best one, and mayhaps the locals will have more information to go on.

Perhaps you go to claim the deck's power for yourself, or to stop it from falling into the wrong hands. Perhaps you simply wish for treasure and adventure. Regardless of your motivation, power and conflict await you, as it awaits any who involve themselves with the Deck.

This is a mild Warcraft conversion of the Madness at Gardmore Abbey 4e module/adventure, ported to 5e. Time period wise we'll be set roughly 5 years after Mists of Pandaria, though the events of Warlords of Draenor and since have not occurred, leading to tenuous ceasefire between the Alliance and Horde as they rebuild. Disregard any lore from post-MoP and pretend it does not exist. The central setting will be around Duskwood/Darkshire, so human territory.

If you have any questions, ask.

Recruitment will close Saturday 4th of June. Or maybe Sunday 5th. We'll see how I feel at the weekend. I'm on British time, so those west of GMT may need to bear that in mind for timezones.

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
5e

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
Azeroth (aka Warcraft), in a post-MoP era. Any questions let me know.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
4-6.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
Forums. I usually use mythweavers for sheets as a preference, but if you’ve got an alternative that’s fine too.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
6th level, expect to reach 9th by the end of the adventure. Milestone leveling.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Starter Wealth + 1 Uncommon magic item of your choice + 2000gp to spend as you wish on mundane items/spell reagents/etc.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
No restrictions on published classes. UA subject to approval but probably approved. Homebrew subject to approval - my homebrew in the houserules section below more likely to get approval, because...I wrote it, but I'm still saying “subject to approval” because tone is a thing to concern about too.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
Warcraft-appropriate races from a post-Mists of Pandaria-era only, so no nightborne, void elves, etc.
We'll be using the WC5e Races for this instead of 'classic' 5e races. You can find them here (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1anMkHZslHXGh4cPOoLMFjHyYAqw75qaR/view?usp=sharing). Tasha's racial ASI rules are in effect though.

I'm not putting a racial restriction on faction-side, since you're adventurers, though Alliance-oriented races may have a mildly easier time for the social side. Or maybe not, depending on who you negotiate with.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
27 Point Buy. HP take your average rather than rolling (with max at 1st as normal).

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
I don't really mind as long as you can work in a group.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
No multiclassing, no exceptions. We're single-classed only here.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
People will roll their own dice. If you’re forcing a save against someone else, roll in your post to speed things up – can apply modifiers later. I’ll be doing the same.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
See this link: https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/4ccm-8pBW

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
I'm not going to need a great deal, just enough to get an idea of why you're adventuring and show you're invested. You're all part of the same adventuring party, so there's no tavern meeting scene.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
Hack+slash/RP, probably not much puzzle solving, though there will be skill challenges - neglecting certain skills may cause your party problems. Don't expect to jump right into combat either.
The module is pseudo-sandboxy and how much you do with it will be up to the party. The 'core' quest related to the Deck has plenty of supplementary sidequests, depending on what you wish to accomplish.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
No restriction on sources, except as detailed above.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/694162563092578364/983303872141463562/unknown.png

Comet
When you are stood in the card's location you can use your bonus action to 'Mark' a target you can see. The next time you hit the marked target with an attack roll, you gain 10 temporary HP. The Comet token then moves underneath the Marked target. You may only Mark one target at a time, and using your bonus action to mark a new target removes the previous mark.

Rogue
When you are stood at the card's location you can use your action to cast Dominate Monster with a DC of 13. This has a duration of "until the end of your next turn". After using this effect, you deal an additional 1d6 damage on all attacks that have advantage until the end of the encounter. A creature can use the Rogue card once per encounter.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/694162563092578364/1012324379880869928/unknown.png

Xihirli
2022-06-05, 10:28 AM
Jade shall be green and she will ask to hold the comet card. But since you've all met her, I must add: Do not let her hold the comet card.

Khosan
2022-06-05, 11:24 AM
Skipsy will use a very Gnomeregan Purple.

As the only Alliance rep, I'm thinking Skipsy might've been hired as a kind of local guide at some point and has hung around because it's given her an opportunity to do actual adventurer stuff and not just study things after the fact.

Skipsy would also volunteer to hold the card, as a Member of the Explorer's League in Good StandingTM.

Kushina43
2022-06-05, 01:27 PM
I'm partial colorblind and the font color squares are tiny so correct me if I'm wrong, but Jok'lek will be taking red as his dialogue color. Within this group, he would probably trust Kha'draz the most with the Comet Card, followed by himself, but won't bother fighting if anyone else receives it.

Spore
2022-06-05, 03:47 PM
Elly has allowed me to add myself to your roster. Allow me to introduce Emilia Shadowburn. Mechanicswise, I am very much a glass cannon, but I can heal and support a bit (major things are Bless, minor patching up via Cure Wounds and Power Words (Shield and Fortitude, so temp HP and resistance to damage). She is no "trained" spy, but she worked to make Darkshire safer before our last adventure, and as such has her human form as a disguise

https://i.imgur.com/hTFgRHd.png

I will try to swap her portrait out as feasible. She is not evil, far from it, but the choice of priest school makes the solution of "murder the enemy before they kill us" better. I will speak in gray.

https://i.imgur.com/rgNk5Cu.png
Emilia Shadowburn (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2649097)
Forsaken Shadow Priest
AC: 13 HP: 32/32
PP: 18 PIv: 9 PIs: 18
Conditions: -
Concentration: -

Before the fall of Lordaeron, Emilia - then still known as Emilia Summerfire - was the eldest daughter of a farming family in Brill. A beautiful and charismatic young woman, and as the Silver Hand soon discovered talented in the Light as well. Following the events of the Second War, she was half recruited, half taken away from her family to serve the Alliance as a priestess on the frontlines. The Silver Hand had to use any servants of the Light, but they knew faith could not be pushed. With mixed feelings, Emilia joined them in training and later on in the battlefields. The Third War dropped on the lands, and the region was devastated. She fought the undead on the sides of her army, but as she learned the crown prince had lost his mind purging the sick people of the country, Emilia deserted. She went home.

Her parents were deadly sick, but she did not mind. She did everything in her power to save them. With no alternative, she cooked the supposed infected grain, thinking the disease was killed with it. But far from it. The magical poison, nay curse, quickly killed her as well. Months passed as she was under the Lich King's control until finally she regained consciousness. Feeling betrayed by the light, but still wanting to help, Emilia left Brill. Quickly she found a county worthy of her attention. Darkshire was shrouded in darkness as well, and similar to Lordaeron not helping Brill, Stormwind did nothing to prevent the atrocity committed by the Guardian of Tirisfal there. She spent years expunging undead and cultists from the area, ever the hand in the shadow, guiding and protecting the people.

But there was a new threat on the horizon; a threat and a chance. A magical card - no doubt a discarded artifact of the Guardian himself - was found and led to something greater.

Xihirli
2022-06-05, 05:38 PM
Skipsy will use a very Gnomeregan Purple.

As the only Alliance rep, I'm thinking Skipsy might've been hired as a kind of local guide at some point and has hung around because it's given her an opportunity to do actual adventurer stuff and not just study things after the fact.

Skipsy would also volunteer to hold the card, as a Member of the Explorer's League in Good StandingTM.

I vote Skipsy holds the card.

Spore
2022-06-05, 06:52 PM
I don't care either way, but I feel Skipsy also has the best "chances" due to her good AC, saves and position in the backline if something wants to target her primarily.

Amnestic
2022-06-06, 04:39 AM
Skipsy seems to clench the votes so it'll go into gnomish hands for now.

IC thread is now up here (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?646506-Madness-at-Brightmore-Abbey-IC). Don't expect every post to be that long, I just wanted to make sure the stage was set. Don't forget to subscribe to the thread.

And for those unfamiliar with the area, here's a nice stylised map* with some landmarks, though the all important Brightmore Abbey isn't there.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/694162563092578364/983303872141463562/unknown.png

*I did not make it.

Aldhissla
2022-06-06, 01:12 PM
Hi there, everyone. Sorry for my lack of involvement in the conversation up to this point. I got a little absorbed in fretting over spell selection and item budgeting since this is the first 5E character I've had a magic item or more than starting wealth on.

As soon as I can post, Kha'draz will be speaking in a nice, earthy brown color, if that's legible for everyone.

Also, that's a very nice map. Who did make it?

Kushina43
2022-06-06, 01:16 PM
Also, that's a very nice map. Who did make it?

A reverse image search points me here (https://www.deviantart.com/blackkeuz/art/The-Big-Wow-Map-Duskwood-606608207) as the source

Khosan
2022-06-06, 06:44 PM
I thought it was one of the maps that made it into Warcraft 1 or 2's manuals, but having looked them up it is not in there.

EDIT: This (https://i.redd.it/d6lgk1j1s1d21.jpg) is what I was thinking of, one of the maps from the original manuals, which does share a lot of similarities but is definitely not it. The entirety of Duskwood is more or less that forest south of the Orc Camp, west of 'Medivh Tower'/Karazhan.

Spore
2022-06-07, 02:58 AM
A reverse image search points me here (https://www.deviantart.com/blackkeuz/art/The-Big-Wow-Map-Duskwood-606608207) as the source

I thought it was one of the maps that made it into Warcraft 1 or 2's manuals, but having looked them up it is not in there.

The style is Tolkien's style (https://www.tolkiensociety.org/app/uploads/2015/10/TolkienAnnotationsBaynes.jpg) for his maps that he added to the Lord of the Rings series.

Since I cannot find any WC 3 map screens that take place in or near Darkshire, I assume the map material is from WoW, but the thing is crafted after Tolkien's style.

Also I am not annoyed as a player, but it is just WEIRD to have three characters go into a monologue about spider parts which is absolutely not weird at all and makes us extremely trustworthy.

Kushina43
2022-06-07, 06:42 AM
Also I am not annoyed as a player, but it is just WEIRD to have three characters go into a monologue about spider parts which is absolutely not weird at all and makes us extremely trustworthy.

I figured it was part of a new conversation just prior to meeting the guards, implied with Xihirli's narration text "as they went through the gnarled forest" taking place before the lantern shine and didn't want to leave it hanging lol. Certainly could have been within earshot, adventurers are often a pretty weird bunch

Amnestic
2022-06-07, 06:56 AM
Certainly could have been within earshot, adventurers are often a pretty weird bunch

Everyone who adventures is a little bit crazy. In their own way.

Spore
2022-06-08, 03:22 AM
Everyone who adventures is a little bit crazy. In their own way.

I am not weird, you are weird! I am a well-adjusted undead shadow priest bent on murdering all these hypocrites trying to save those who were left behind!

Xihirli
2022-06-09, 10:23 PM
Do we still have Aldhissla?

Amnestic
2022-06-10, 03:52 AM
Do we still have Aldhissla?

I certainly hope so!

Next post from me will be this evening, I'm in the office today and shockingly did not bring my notes on the tavern into work.

Xihirli
2022-06-11, 02:16 PM
I am ready to convene at the tavern; I would also love to purchase one large sack of salt but we need not rp that out.

Aldhissla
2022-06-12, 06:26 AM
I'm so sorry for the wait, everyone. I thought I'd be able to handle a game, but like every year life and mental illness find a way to drive from the backseat. You know how it goes.

Anyway, please discard my application, and pretend Kha'draz never existed. I'm gonna avoid the hobby until I can stop ghosting.

Kushina43
2022-06-12, 06:44 AM
Aw, that's a shame, but I know that feeling in its entirety. Wishing you luck and health

Amnestic
2022-06-12, 09:28 AM
A shame to see you go, but I understand. Hope things get better on your end.

Khosan
2022-06-12, 11:13 AM
Sorry to see you go.

A quick [roll0] check, which Skipsy only fails on a 1.

EDIT: Okay, passed. It would've been funny if she failed. I would've spun that as her being too much of a nerd to know about popular literature.

Amnestic
2022-06-14, 04:52 AM
Seems like you're set on no further enquiries at the moment - happy to leave people to their chatting but if people want to shift along to exploration mode I'm good for that too.

Xihirli
2022-06-14, 05:05 AM
Exploration! Wilderness! Danger!

Kushina43
2022-06-14, 01:49 PM
Yup, I'm ready to head out and scout these gnolls with no complications whatsoever :smallbiggrin:

Xihirli
2022-06-14, 04:46 PM
Medicine [roll0]!

Khosan
2022-06-14, 09:17 PM
Oh right, I keep forgetting to mention this. Skipsy's got a free infusion up for grabs. If no one else wants it, she'll just infuse her armor for extra AC.

Here's what she's packing:

Enhanced Arcane Focus
Enhanced Defense
Enhanced Weapon
Repeating Shot
Replicate Magic Item, Bag of Holding
Repulsion Shield

Xihirli
2022-06-14, 10:10 PM
I have a bag of holding, if you want to pick a different one. I picked it as my one because Jade picks up and keeps everything she sees.

Kushina43
2022-06-15, 03:49 PM
Medicine: [roll0]

Edit: No medicine but I expected that - I think all these shadows while traversing on unmarked territory is gonna get Jok'lek to make use of that special loa-blessed lantern he's carrying

Khosan
2022-06-15, 08:59 PM
Oh, and a check.

[roll0]

Spore
2022-06-17, 09:02 PM
Let's get a medic on this. [roll0]

Spore
2022-06-18, 01:34 PM
[roll0] Medic!

Khosan
2022-06-18, 04:07 PM
Rollin'

[roll0]

Xihirli
2022-06-20, 10:55 AM
No need to take Jade's infection into account. Literally impossible for her to fail another save, we'll stabilize here I'm pretty sure. She'd have to roll a 5 or less on a d20, and what are the chances?

Amnestic
2022-06-20, 11:22 AM
she'd have to roll a 5 or less on a d20, and what are the chances?

25%...? :d

Kushina43
2022-06-20, 02:54 PM
Oof, gone longer than I thought, my b, catching up. That's an interesting magic disease, not too bad to start but steering clear of that.

Kushina43
2022-06-20, 03:03 PM
Double post because I forgot the check for Medicine: [roll0] and I think those don't work in edits, but it's been a while

Xihirli
2022-06-20, 04:53 PM
25%...? :d

Um... no. Zero.

Amnestic
2022-06-21, 07:18 AM
Seems like I'm seeing two votes for "go in now" and two for "wait at least one long rest". The perils of an even-numbered party :P

If someone wants to change their minds, go ahead, but otherwise I'll flip a coin (roll a 1d2) to decide when you're going. Then it's just the 'where':

To make it clear, the immediate opportunities for entrance appear to be:
-Gap in the walls to the south, where nature is overgrown.
-The gate, which may or may not be manned (or gnolled?)
-Scaling the walls.

There might be other paths I've not thought of, of course, and you've not scouted the full perimeter of the hill yet, this is just what you can see from your current vantage point.

Xihirli
2022-06-21, 08:18 AM
If someone wants to change their minds, go ahead, but otherwise I'll flip a coin (roll a 1d2) to decide when you're going. Then it's just the 'where':

I'll switch to going in tomorrow, I think that's the smarter move.

But Jade will surround their campsite with hunting traps.

Spore
2022-06-26, 08:43 AM
I think numerically Emilia has the best chances to scout, with Stealth +6, and Invisibility. The bad thing is that she is your major caster and has the worst AC and HP and as such, being detected will result in facemelting on both sides. (Surrender to Madness protects me with Wis to AC, and maximizes my damage, but then the enemy just really gets pissed).

I would not be mad someone else tries to scout with my Invisibility spell on them.

Xihirli
2022-06-26, 09:02 AM
We don't even know we'll need stealth yet. Looking at the descriptor post again, there are two towers that might have no gnolls in them. If we climb to the top of those maybe we can get all the information we need without ever once coming into contact with one.
A high vantage point could be all we need to take down their numbers and get out of here.

Amnestic
2022-06-27, 05:04 PM
Unless anyone shouts up a stoppage on Jade's choice (for whatever reason) I'll get a post up in the morning with the next stage, with the assumption you are following behind her.

Amnestic
2022-06-28, 04:43 AM
Jok'lek: [roll0]
Jade: [roll1]
Skipsy: [roll2]
Emilia: [roll3]

Enemies: [roll4]

Khosan
2022-06-28, 07:59 AM
Gonna get that Arcana check in before I head off to work.

[roll0]

EDIT: Oof

EDIT: Could Skipsy use her action (on her turn) to reroll that check? She still has her Steel Defender to do something, and I don't think she'd let it slide that the artifact she's holding is doing a thing and she doesn't know what.

Amnestic
2022-06-28, 01:15 PM
EDIT: Could Skipsy use her action (on her turn) to reroll that check? She still has her Steel Defender to do something, and I don't think she'd let it slide that the artifact she's holding is doing a thing and she doesn't know what.

I'll say yes to using action to reroll.

Also I should probably get a token for the Steel Defender sorted out, forgot that.

Xihirli
2022-06-28, 01:56 PM
Oh, I believe I step into the web. I will make the strength save here. [roll0] rage [roll1]

Amnestic
2022-06-28, 04:18 PM
[roll0][roll1][roll2] [roll3][roll4]

[roll5][roll6] [roll7][roll8]

Xihirli
2022-06-28, 05:21 PM
Nobody expects JADE the Goblin!
Her main weapon is surprise. Surprise and a battleaxe. Her TWO. Two main weapons: Surprise and a battleaxe. Not to mention her longsword. Oh, bugger.

Khosan
2022-06-28, 07:16 PM
Well, it was worth a shot, but Skipsy biffed it.

Amnestic
2022-06-29, 03:39 AM
Well, it was worth a shot, but Skipsy biffed it.

The barbarian can't save against disease, the artificer can't work out magic...truly Duskwood is a cursed land.

Xihirli
2022-06-29, 07:19 AM
We’re pretty sure it’s the end of days.

Amnestic
2022-07-01, 04:57 AM
Gonna give Kushina until tomorrow for a post and then keep it moving.

Amnestic
2022-07-02, 11:31 AM
[roll0]
[roll1][roll2]
[roll3][roll4]

[roll5][roll6] [roll7][roll8]
[roll9][roll10]

Amnestic
2022-07-02, 11:33 AM
[roll0] Ber: [roll1]

[roll2] [roll3]

Spore
2022-07-02, 02:35 PM
Surrender vs Madness: [roll0]

Kushina43
2022-07-02, 03:28 PM
Ack, I'm sorry, that won't happen again. I'll be catching up on what's happening shortly

Amnestic
2022-07-02, 03:42 PM
Ack, I'm sorry, that won't happen again. I'll be catching up on what's happening shortly

S'all good, it happens \o/

Kushina43
2022-07-02, 03:51 PM
Just to be clear, the spider I smashed on auto pilot is the southern one, which remains alive and is the one that attacked Ox, yes?

Amnestic
2022-07-02, 04:10 PM
Just to be clear, the spider I smashed on auto pilot is the southern one, which remains alive and is the one that attacked Ox, yes?

Yes indeedy, that is correct.

Kushina43
2022-07-02, 04:50 PM
Attack 1 [roll0] , Damage [roll1] bludgeoning
Attack 2 [roll2], Damage [roll3] bludgeoning

Edit: Yikes that's foul

Xihirli
2022-07-02, 05:29 PM
To be clear, none of Jade’s blood is venom.
She’s just very weird.

Spore
2022-07-02, 05:41 PM
She’s just very weird.

You don't say.

Khosan
2022-07-02, 10:30 PM
Probably woulda missed that without taking the penalty, but this is not Skipsy's combat.

Xihirli
2022-07-03, 07:01 AM
Their AC is 14 at best, which is why I think the math works out that Jade, at least, should power attack with her recklesses.
Above 15 and I’ll be more hesitant.

Jade will be thoughtful and reserved at some point maybe

Xihirli
2022-07-04, 03:54 PM
Arcana! [roll0]
I will know everything!

Khosan
2022-07-04, 06:51 PM
Come on, Skipsy, you can do it:

[roll0]

EDIT: Man, Skipsy is bad at her job.

Xihirli
2022-07-04, 07:40 PM
That’s okay, all the best D&D parties are.

Khosan
2022-07-05, 09:53 PM
Skipsy's just saying she'll ritual cast detect magic.

Khosan
2022-07-07, 07:20 AM
Come on, Skipsy, know something

[roll0]

EDIT: SHE'S DONE IT

Spore
2022-07-07, 10:17 AM
[roll0] Country Bumpking rolls on History!

Kushina43
2022-07-09, 02:45 PM
Wonder what Jok'lek knows about humans aside from the whole Troll War story
History: [roll0]

Edit: Heck yeah history

Khosan
2022-07-12, 06:19 AM
Rolling before work, I might not have time to post today though.

[roll0]

Xihirli
2022-07-12, 08:26 AM
[roll0] Nature!

Kushina43
2022-07-13, 06:32 AM
Gonna check nature and reply later once I've slept
Nature: [roll0]

Kushina43
2022-07-13, 05:21 PM
Perception for moonwell search: [roll0]
Stealth check with disadv for heavy armor
Stealth 1: [roll1]
Stealth 2: [roll2]

Amnestic
2022-07-14, 04:38 AM

Enemies: [roll4]

Khosan
2022-07-14, 06:10 AM
Rolling that Nature check now

[roll0]

Xihirli
2022-07-14, 07:39 AM
Hey, I know her!

Xihirli
2022-07-14, 07:41 AM
I will go ahead and nature [roll0]

Xihirli
2022-07-14, 07:48 AM
Also, I forgot to roll damage on the first attack. [roll0]

Amnestic
2022-07-14, 07:52 AM
Hey, I know her!

It's not "reusing" tokens, it's "environmentally friendly recycling".

Xihirli
2022-07-14, 07:54 AM
Elves are into that stuff, right?

Amnestic
2022-07-14, 01:40 PM
As a heads up I'm going to be out of the country between 2nd-9th of August, posting may continue during that time but it might be a bit slower depending on availability.

Kushina43
2022-07-15, 03:59 AM
That's understandable, no worries

I'm rolling nature now too: Nature: [roll0]

Amnestic
2022-07-15, 05:35 PM
[roll0][roll1][roll2]
[roll3][roll4][roll5][roll6]
[roll7][roll8][roll9]

[roll10][roll11]
[roll12][roll13][roll14]
[roll15][roll16]

Xihirli
2022-07-15, 05:40 PM
They can’t hit me! I’m too good!

Kushina43
2022-07-15, 07:36 PM
Got confused by my health numbers until I remembered the spider combat. That temp hp from the card probably doesn't carry over this long, so I'll adjust accordingly

Khosan
2022-07-15, 07:37 PM
Gonna post the relevant part of Faerie Fire:

"Any attack roll against an affected creature or object has advantage if the attacker can see it, and the affected creature or object can't benefit from being invisible."

So the disadvantage from attacking the Warpstalkers is canceled out. Once they're hit, then you get full advantage.

Amnestic
2022-07-16, 03:38 AM
That temp hp from the card probably doesn't carry over this long, so I'll adjust accordingly

It does! It lasts until the end of a long rest.

Spore
2022-07-16, 03:25 PM
Naure [roll0]

Amnestic
2022-07-17, 03:37 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2][roll]1d4+3[roll]

[roll3][roll4]
[roll5][roll6]
[roll7][roll8]

[roll9][roll10]
[roll11][roll12]
[roll13][roll14]

Amnestic
2022-07-17, 03:37 PM
Critroll:

[roll0]

Xihirli
2022-07-17, 04:30 PM
PLEASE tell me 43 more damage kills it.

Khosan
2022-07-17, 05:07 PM
Welp, concentration checks:

[roll0] / [roll1]
[roll2] / [roll3]

EDIT: Oof, just missed it.

Amnestic
2022-07-18, 04:41 AM
PLEASE tell me 43 more damage kills it.

It does, so one warp stalker down.

Xihirli
2022-07-18, 08:52 AM
Great. In that case I’d like to move next to the elf, in between her and the other warp stalker.

Khosan
2022-07-18, 11:32 PM
This might be a silly question, but could I roll a Nature check to see if shooting the hive would help or hurt us?

I'm kinda just stuck between real world logic and video game logic on this one. Realistically, shooting the hive would just unleash a swarm of angry bees. In a video game though, it'd prevent more bees from joining in. From Skipsy's perspective, it might be more productive to attack the nest than risk shooting the bugs off Ox/Analastra or attacking the one remaining warpstalker.

[roll0] (disregard if not necessary)

Amnestic
2022-07-19, 04:11 AM
This might be a silly question, but could I roll a Nature check to see if shooting the hive would help or hurt us?

I'm kinda just stuck between real world logic and video game logic on this one. Realistically, shooting the hive would just unleash a swarm of angry bees. In a video game though, it'd prevent more bees from joining in. From Skipsy's perspective, it might be more productive to attack the nest than risk shooting the bugs off Ox/Analastra or attacking the one remaining warpstalker.

[roll0] (disregard if not necessary)

It's a totally reasonable question!

Shooting it with a physical weapon is likely going to just make them mad (though at you, rather than Analastra). Using a more elemental solution (eg. fire, acid, cold, poison) could wipe out the whole hive. If it hits.

Xihirli
2022-07-19, 07:48 AM
Yeah, on my next turn I'm not sure if I should swat the bugs or pick up the elf and run away with her.

Kushina43
2022-07-19, 03:30 PM
Oh shoot, I rolled a d13 instead of 12 and didn't catch that, I'm dumb. Gonna reroll damage here in a sec

Kushina43
2022-07-19, 03:32 PM
Attack 1 Damage: [roll0] slashing
Attack 2 Damage: [roll1] slashing

Action Surge
Attack 3 Damage: [roll2] slashing
Attack 4 Damage: [roll3] slashing

Edit: Yeah I deserved that

Amnestic
2022-07-19, 03:36 PM
Oh shoot, I rolled a d13

They go great with my d7s :D

Xihirli
2022-07-19, 06:14 PM
I hate when I try to roll a saving throw and accidentally grab my D3.

Amnestic
2022-07-20, 09:40 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Spore
2022-07-20, 10:41 AM
In order [roll0]

Preshielding with Power Word Shield.

Xihirli
2022-07-20, 10:58 AM
Can I know if there are any bugs left before I do my post?

Spore
2022-07-21, 03:55 PM
Apparently we are in initiative, so no lumping actions together. in that case i will shield her again and heal her approaching.

Spore
2022-07-21, 03:58 PM
Conjuring a Lightwell/Healing Spirit next to Analastra [roll0] and dealing 16 damage to each of two blood bugs.

Amnestic
2022-07-21, 04:05 PM
I mean they still need to fail their saves to be sure of that.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Which they did! So yes, two bugs are dead, one remains on Analastra, along with the (15ft up) hive spawning an undetermined amount while it's still undamaged.

Khosan
2022-07-22, 03:16 PM
At a convention right now, so posting from my phone, but I'm off shift now and Skipsy has an idea.

EDIT: Better rolls than I expected. Ox should be more or less perfect to 'tank' the bugs since he's straight up replaceable, but he also does force damage and has some damage/condition immunities which might be relevant.

Also, actively workshopping what GLOOP stands for, Skipsy's version of Tasha's Caustic Brew. Right now it's sitting at Gaseous Lance for Operation by Outnumbered Personnel.

Amnestic
2022-07-24, 11:33 AM
[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]

Amnestic
2022-07-24, 04:57 PM
Jok'lek kills off the two bugs; so the remaining party is free to try their hand at hive destruction.

Xihirli
2022-07-24, 05:40 PM
Hmm. I could climb up and bite it? I don’t really have a free hand.
Hmm. I’m going to check the houserules to see if Readying an Attack is any better in AD&D 5e.*

*Amnestic’s Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition.

Amnestic
2022-07-25, 08:29 AM
Hmm. I’m going to check the houserules to see if Readying an Attack is any better in AD&D 5e.*

*Amnestic’s Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition.

I haven't made any changes to Readying rules as they generally seemed 'fine' to me, though I'm always open to suggestions.

Khosan
2022-07-26, 08:28 PM
Now I think I have to shoot the hive, just out of spite if nothing else.

Spore
2022-07-27, 09:10 AM
Acid vial throw [roll0]

Xihirli
2022-07-27, 10:36 AM
Why are normal wasps so much harder to beat than warpstalkers

Kushina43
2022-07-27, 01:29 PM
Lmao, who knows. I'm gonna chuck my handaxes at it at this point.
Edit: I want to try and move 15-20 feet east depending where I am in relation to Skipsy's position at the start of the turn, then use Charge and move the minimum 20ft for me to attack with advantage on a single throw. I have 35ft movement and Charge has me Dash before attacking, so I think that's available to me and will write/roll as if so, but will amend the post if needed

Amnestic
2022-07-27, 01:44 PM
Lmao, who knows. I'm gonna chuck my handaxes at it at this point.

I'm legitimately surprised by how difficult it is for this group to set things on fire.

I'll have a post up later this evening.

Kushina43
2022-07-27, 01:51 PM
Aaahhh minimum damage why

And just 1 short of a crit

Amnestic
2022-07-28, 11:42 AM
The bugs have an AC of 14 so 2 hits, 2 kills from Jade.

Xihirli
2022-07-28, 02:28 PM
If I do that three more times we win!

Khosan
2022-07-28, 08:20 PM
Well, three more hits, so 3 bugs left?

Xihirli
2022-07-28, 08:44 PM
I kill two three more times.
So six left.

EDIT: Yes, you are correct

Spore
2022-07-28, 09:09 PM
A maxxed Shadow Crash is 36 damage, or 18 saved. Should I just used a 3rd level spell slot and nuke them?

I am taking 16 damage from activating my Madness power regardless, so might as well save your HP.

Xihirli
2022-07-29, 08:01 AM
Yeah, nuke them. Sounds good.

We have to figure out why the elf's not getting up, time might be of the essence.

Xihirli
2022-08-01, 09:06 AM
Do we still have Jok’lek and Emilia?

Amnestic
2022-08-01, 10:47 AM
Do we still have Jok’lek and Emilia?

Don't know, but it's been long enough and I'd like to have a post out before I go on holiday so...I guess I'll just assume they did choose to cast Shadow Crash and put an IC post up to that effect.

Xihirli
2022-08-01, 11:56 AM
Medicine! [roll0]

Khosan
2022-08-01, 06:33 PM
Let's see if Skipsy can pass a skill check:

[roll0]

EDIT: Holy, yes she can apparently.

Spore
2022-08-01, 07:10 PM
You cobbling together a medicine check post? Because Emilia is busy fighting the insanity in her head. I am hesitant to roll for my sanity saves now or preshield/metagame to voluntarily eat the damage to heal and shield through it.

Plus a tiny player poll: Would you like Emilia to switch to a bit more defensive subclass? Elly has okayed me switching to Discipline, because Shadow is kinda very aggressive.

Khosan
2022-08-01, 07:12 PM
Yep, just posted. One off, that's rough.

EDIT: Just saw the poll. I think switching's fine, Skipsy would still keep her healing/support magic prepared both because it's just who she is and because it's always good to have a backup source of healing. Discipline's a good option, blending offense and defense with Atonement.

Xihirli
2022-08-01, 08:14 PM
Don’t you have Guidance?

Khosan
2022-08-01, 08:31 PM
I do have Guidance, I need to remember to use that more often. Could Skipsy have pre-cast that on herself?

Amnestic
2022-08-03, 01:34 PM
I do have Guidance, I need to remember to use that more often. Could Skipsy have pre-cast that on herself?

I'll say yes, since that's a pretty reasonable pre-cast situation. I'll have a post up shortly.

Khosan
2022-08-04, 11:22 PM
I'm thinking we may be able to get away with just a short rest. Skipsy's nearly out on spells (just 1 1st level left, could be 2 but I forgot to ask if I could ritual cast Detect Magic back at the watchtower), but is still a decent ranged combatant even without them, plus Ox is still somehow unhurt. If Emilia's also running low, then we might need the long rest.

Also, man, I really gotta learn to expect less from Skipsy's rolls for things with high modifiers.

Amnestic
2022-08-05, 07:22 AM
As a reminder from the houserules:

Long rests can only be taken in 'Safe Havens', which require a full day of downtime - in other words, two consecutive sleeps. Safe Havens are environments where characters do not feel the need to be on guard, and are both materially safe and psychologically feel at ease and comfortable - where the players do not feel the need to set watches and have comfortable beds. Forts, friendly towns, and guarded houses are examples of Safe Havens.

You can sleep (to stave off exhaustion rolls) wherever, but long rest recovery can only be done where it's 'safe'. Currently, nowhere in the Abbey is safe - though that may change as you continue to explore and deal with the threats therein.

Xihirli
2022-08-05, 07:34 AM
It’s late, though, right? Cuz you said it was getting late and then we traveled to the tower.

Amnestic
2022-08-06, 02:31 AM
It’s late, though, right? Cuz you said it was getting late and then we traveled to the tower.

Correcto. Traveling back to the Font now is likely to provoke saves vs. exhaustion due to lack of rest (especially if you get lost). So you can sleep (and get short rest benefits) or push on and see if you can make it back without exhaustion, for a potentially better rest there. Or seek an alternate solution, of course, those are just the ones I thought of.

Xihirli
2022-08-06, 08:12 AM
I say sleep and short rest, but I might be biased by the houserules making barbarians like short rests as much as battlemasters do.

Spore
2022-08-07, 07:51 AM
Alright, I am doing my saves now [roll0] Hopefully my head does not explode. Shielding myself with Power Word to prevent a majority of the damage.

Amnestic
2022-08-10, 08:00 AM
Jok'lek:[roll0]
Analastra: [roll4]

Enemies: [roll5]

Amnestic
2022-08-10, 08:08 AM
[roll0][roll1][roll2]

[roll3][roll4]

Xihirli
2022-08-10, 09:50 AM
Let's roll.... three hit dice. [roll0]

Xihirli
2022-08-10, 10:19 AM
Also how much warpstalker meat am I able to salt and store in my bag of holding?

Amnestic
2022-08-10, 10:27 AM
Also how much warpstalker meat am I able to salt and store in my bag of holding?

If you wanna make a survival check, will depend on that.

1-9=1 minimeal (serves 1)
10=1 meal (serves up to 6).
17=2 meals
24=3 meals

Xihirli
2022-08-10, 10:37 AM
Sure I'll survive. [roll0]

Xihirli
2022-08-10, 10:41 AM
Curses! Not enough for my purposes. May I make two survival checks because of two warpstalkers?

Amnestic
2022-08-10, 11:18 AM
Curses! Not enough for my purposes. May I make two survival checks because of two warpstalkers?

It's one check for both of them together.

...one day I will finish sketching out my full 'Meals' optional rules.

Xihirli
2022-08-10, 11:44 AM
Guys, we need to find more warpstalkers.

Khosan
2022-08-10, 06:29 PM
I'll also roll 3 hit die:

[roll0]

EDIT: Up to max, perfect.

Khosan
2022-08-10, 07:20 PM
I'm halfway through a post but I had a couple thoughts.

For starters, would we have told Analastra about the card? I mean, she's gonna know something's weird with the glowing floating symbol. I ask, because it might be good to have Analastra use the card's effect this round (having Skipsy direct her to stand in it) just to get her some protective shielding. I dunno her health total, but the treant hits hard.

Also, just in general how should we be using the card? My instinct has been to avoid it just so enemies can't also make use of it (unless they run up to where Skipsy started combat just to use the card). It might be a good choice here, since it's just one big guy.

Xihirli
2022-08-10, 07:45 PM
Jade would not have, she barely acknowledges we have it.

Amnestic
2022-08-14, 02:56 PM
[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]

[roll4][roll5]
[roll6][roll7]

[roll8][roll9][roll10]
[roll11][roll12][roll13]
[roll14][roll15]

Kushina43
2022-08-14, 03:09 PM
I'm back and catching up now, my bad

Amnestic
2022-08-14, 03:17 PM
I'm back and catching up now, my bad

Too late for this round, but you've got a new turn now! :P

Kushina43
2022-08-14, 03:28 PM
Alright, I didn't see this in time as I was typing my response, whoops

I'll change the narration and OOC already made, and make any rolls for the new turn here

Xihirli
2022-08-14, 03:32 PM
Emilia just taking absolutely zero prisoners.

Analastra trying to shoot this child-sized bow worried she’ll break it.

Kushina43
2022-08-14, 03:40 PM
Ah shoot, I mixed up my tabs

Xihirli
2022-08-14, 03:41 PM
You could put a spoiler around the rolls.

Kushina43
2022-08-14, 03:45 PM
I thought I did, I just had to rename it OOC since it went in the wrong thread

Xihirli
2022-08-14, 05:53 PM
Yep, you beat me to it. Just order of events in what I saw and all that.

Amnestic
2022-08-15, 09:16 AM
S'all good, we got there in the end! :D

Khosan
2022-08-15, 08:24 PM
Probably missed both, but I like the idea of Skipsy being defensive of Ox and taking the penalty to hit when he's hit.

Amnestic
2022-08-19, 05:36 AM
Gonna hold off on posting for Jade/Emilia's visions 'til I know if Skipsy+Jok'lek want them or not.

Kinda hoping you all roll a different thing on the d6 but RNG might not be so kind. We'll see :D

Spore
2022-08-19, 05:45 AM
Oh, this sounds like a "I hoped someone rolled a 6" post if I ever saw one.

:cool: :eek:

Amnestic
2022-08-19, 05:47 AM
Oh, this sounds like a "I hoped someone rolled a 6" post if I ever saw one.

:cool: :eek:

Hah, not in this case. They're not better/worse depending on where the d6 is, just different. More variance=more fun.

Kushina43
2022-08-24, 04:31 PM
Sorry, guys, had a bit of a rough patch this past week, I'll be catching up today

Xihirli
2022-08-28, 09:53 AM
Jade has suggested we go for more info, Skipsy votes we return with what we've got.

What do Jok'lek and Emilia think?

Kushina43
2022-08-28, 04:10 PM
Jok'lek probably thinks we'd be best off getting a little more info like Jade suggests, like what kind of defenses they have or any specific magic, especially with the mention of the all-important Deck

Amnestic
2022-08-29, 02:29 PM
If you guys go 2-2 split I'll flip a coin to tie break it. >_>

Xihirli
2022-08-29, 03:53 PM
Well right now it’s 2-1.
Where did Spore run off to?

Khosan
2022-08-29, 10:25 PM
Skipsy's fine with toughing it out a while longer, she just wanted to put out the idea that they could head back now.

Spore
2022-08-30, 04:22 AM
Sadly I am for more info too.

Amnestic
2022-08-30, 06:06 AM
At a 3-1 vote we're voting for "more scouting!"

What direction you heading? Up the hill to the top level to give you a vantage point from above? Around the hill to the keep? *All* the way around the hill in the opposite direction? I'm good with any, but need to know so I can do appropriate narration.

Xihirli
2022-08-30, 08:16 AM
Making our way toward the tower / garrison area while keeping as out of sight as possible, I think. Those are the two areas we have the least amount of information on so far, and maybe we can get a good vantage point from the tower.

Where is the empty temple on the map?

Khosan
2022-08-30, 11:27 PM
Looking at the map, I think it'd probably be best to head uphill. Kinda got the vibe that the gnolls might regularly patrol that entire northeastern area, so just to minimize the odds of us being caught out, it's probably better to approach from above.

Plus we can pass by the dryads on the way up and see what's up with them. They might be open to talking.

Amnestic
2022-08-31, 05:23 AM
Where is the empty temple on the map?

That's the building marked 'Abbey' at the centre of the top level, to the northwest of where you are at the moment.

Xihirli
2022-08-31, 06:28 AM
Looking at the map, I think it'd probably be best to head uphill. Kinda got the vibe that the gnolls might regularly patrol that entire northeastern area, so just to minimize the odds of us being caught out, it's probably better to approach from above.

Plus we can pass by the dryads on the way up and see what's up with them. They might be open to talking.

Sure, that's on the way to my thing.
Up the hill through the dryads for now.

Amnestic
2022-08-31, 05:32 PM
Absent any sudden changes in direction I'll get a post up tomorrow.

Kushina43
2022-08-31, 06:43 PM
You got my approval for going Khosan's route, I'll get something up IC soon

Khosan
2022-09-05, 09:21 AM
I'll get a post up later today so we can start moving again. Skipsy's a little over-excited that they haven't immediately lunged at our throats.

Amnestic
2022-09-05, 09:58 AM
Well they're mostly waiting on an Emilia response, unless someone jumps out of the bushes and reveals the party.

Xihirli
2022-09-05, 10:42 AM
Little do we know, the bushes we're hiding in are the dryad babies!

Kushina43
2022-09-07, 05:58 PM
Considering they start as acorns in lore, that's more likely than I'd hope lmao

Edit: Working on a response, think I'll do some opening up too

Edit 2: That came out longer than expected and was about 40% made up as I went along. I also wanna use that as a turning point, I'll be more consistent going forward

Khosan
2022-09-08, 12:04 AM
I did think about having Ox 'share' a secret, that he's secretly got some spyware installed by SI:7 or someone, but that feels like too much.

Amnestic
2022-09-13, 05:36 AM
Spore's currently going to be gone until Wednesday (tomorrow) and while I could move on I'd like to give them a chance to react to their own secret-shared-info.

Xihirli
2022-09-13, 02:09 PM
Sounds good to me.

Xihirli
2022-09-16, 09:50 AM
Do we have Spore back?

Spore
2022-09-17, 06:19 AM
I was never truly gone, but I did have a thing with my mother starting the week off, and a bit of a rough time at work. Know that if I leave a game, I will announce so properly.

Amnestic
2022-09-21, 06:25 AM

GoAK: [roll4]
GoAQ: [roll5]

Amnestic
2022-09-22, 09:00 AM
[roll0][roll1][roll2]
[roll3][roll4][roll5]

[roll6]

[roll7][roll8][roll9]
[roll10][roll11][roll12]

Xihirli
2022-09-22, 09:22 AM
Jade roll higher than a 10 on 4 dice challenge (impossible).

Wonder what these things are. Aesthetically they look like Planetars or Solars, but uh... I think we should run if so.
Devas are almost as dangerous for us right now. Whatever they are, they can attack twice and Quicken Banishment, so we're in trouble. Time to pull out all our resources.

Khosan
2022-09-23, 07:19 AM
Well, at least Ox can hit. Skipsy just has some awful attack luck.

Spore
2022-09-25, 03:21 PM
I'm too dumb to write a Cha Save:

Charisma Save [roll0]

Amnestic
2022-09-27, 06:16 AM
@Kushina You around?

Amnestic
2022-09-28, 02:24 PM
[roll1][roll2d6+5
[roll3][roll4][roll2d6+5[roll5]

[roll6]

[roll7][roll8][roll9][roll10]
[roll11][roll12][roll13][roll14]

Amnestic
2022-09-28, 02:25 PM
Messed up the damage rolls
[roll]2d6+5[/roll
[roll0]

Amnestic
2022-09-28, 02:25 PM

You saw nothing.

[roll0]

Xihirli
2022-09-28, 05:34 PM
Pfft, "working against me." I’ve still got 15 hit points, and that’s 14 more than I need!

EDIT: Should have done Power Attack. That’s alright, I cannot die.

Kushina43
2022-09-29, 08:20 PM
Sorry I missed that round, got sick for a while, catching up

Edit: I take that to mean the guardians? I def think I'm in over my head if I solo this thing, so I might just disengage and move over west to get them close together

Xihirli
2022-09-30, 08:06 AM
We can join you once ours is dead, and letting the other one pick its target more freely could let them focus fire me, or go after our squishier friends.
If you have the HP to, please keep it away from our squishy casters for one more round so we can hang up on this one when we’re ready.

I’m HOPING we take down the other angel this round.

Xihirli
2022-09-30, 12:14 PM
Looking at your actual post, wow I don’t know you could do that. Very impressive!

Amnestic
2022-10-01, 07:07 AM
Two part post to do saves. You guys can roll these without modifiers too ya know, saves me a job...

Str: [roll0]
Con: [roll1]

Amnestic
2022-10-01, 07:12 AM
[roll1][roll2d6+5
[roll3][roll4][roll2d6+5[roll5]

[roll6]
Jo: [roll7]
Ja: [roll8][roll9]
Sk: [roll10]
Em: [roll11]

Amnestic
2022-10-01, 07:13 AM
How did I break the damage rolls again
[roll0] [roll1]

Xihirli
2022-10-01, 07:55 AM
Oh wow Jade is the first party member to go down who could have foreseen this.

Kushina43
2022-10-02, 01:19 PM
Yeah, kinda figured that'd happen regardless, but oof I made a bad move

Unfortunately, now that I'm here, I'm prone and in melee range with single digit HP pre-Second Wind, so I think contributing to the focus fire on GoAQ is my best option. Going back to the King would either invite an OA or contribute no damage

Xihirli
2022-10-02, 03:19 PM
Is Queen Angel still kicking after Jok’Lek’s attacks?

Amnestic
2022-10-02, 03:48 PM
One missed, one hit. She now has 16HP.

Xihirli
2022-10-02, 04:12 PM
Five health! Skipsy, secure the kill!

Khosan
2022-10-02, 06:07 PM
Think that takes care of the Queen.

Ox might be back now that the Queen's dead.

Amnestic
2022-10-04, 07:24 AM
[roll0][roll1][roll2]
[roll3][roll4][roll5]

Xihirli
2022-10-04, 09:48 AM
Vis-a-vis fleeing:
We can all gang up on the angel man, but yeah we haven't done much damage to him yet. How much damage can we reasonably expect to dish out in... I'd say two rounds? We want to do about 90 damage. If I Power Attack and hit... 3 of my 4 attacks over the next two rounds, I can expect to do 45.

Khosan
2022-10-04, 07:12 PM
With Ox out of the box (and at full health, which the King probably has to attack twice to fully get through), his damage potential is lower for at least one of his attacks. We don't survive if he does Fallen Glory again though.

Metagaming a bit, if the King has as much health as the Queen, he's sitting at about 100 HP right now. Most likely (based on how threatening each of us are), it goes after Jade, Ox deflects the first attack to negate Advantage from Reckless Attack, and it's basically a 50/50 if Jade goes down or it has to try again (and probably succeeds the second time because it has Advantage). I think we only stand a chance if we win that 50/50, and we basically have to win it twice to be sure of a win.

Also, in hindsight, forgot I had a free daily Bless from Fey-Touched. Think that could've turned some of our misses into hits, and that would've been a pretty fair difference in how much damage we'd have to deal here.

Down side if we flee is I feel like the elves might swoop in and get the card before we're able to get back. But between a roughly 3 in 4 chance of a TPK and, as Kael'thas would say, a mere setback on our primary quest, I think we just take the setback.

Xihirli
2022-10-04, 07:22 PM
We could also come back now that one half of the defenders are dead.

Kushina43
2022-10-05, 01:48 PM
We could also come back now that one half of the defenders are dead.

That's what I was thinking too, though Khosan's point that the elves could swoop in after us didn't cross my mind. I still think retreat is acceptable and probably the best option, hopefully as long as I can get up too, but I can accept my error if Jok'lek perishes

Xihirli
2022-10-06, 04:39 PM
I vote we heal Jok’lek and get out of here. Maybe all the way back to town, we decide that after.

Spore
2022-10-08, 07:58 AM
First of all I will do my Madness saves [roll0] for the two last turns, and the turn now.

Xihirli
2022-10-08, 03:47 PM
Well, if we're leaving someone behind that changes the equation quite a bit.
Like, if "one of us dies" is being treated as an acceptable outcome, I think our best move is to wail on the angel.

Spore
2022-10-08, 04:23 PM
Absolutely best case would be the angel trying to hit Emilia, who imposes disadvantage due to her Surrender, then her Surrender killing her, because she will eventually take 18 damage regardless. Tho I am not sure how Surrender works when it just reduces me to zero.

Xihirli
2022-10-08, 05:10 PM
So Emilia is going to die no matter what at this point?
Or will get knocked out no matter what?

Khosan
2022-10-08, 10:40 PM
I have...an insane idea. Lemme just get a DM ruling on how this might work.

Could Skipsy jam Emilia into her Bag of Holding? I'm gonna guess there might be a check involved in that. If it's an Athletics check, Jade might be better suited to try with her bag and then (to add an extra layer of insanity) hop into her bag herself. Skipsy can handle whatever comes next.

Xihirli
2022-10-08, 10:42 PM
I love this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it!

Amnestic
2022-10-09, 08:27 AM
Absolutely best case would be the angel trying to hit Emilia, who imposes disadvantage due to her Surrender, then her Surrender killing her, because she will eventually take 18 damage regardless. Tho I am not sure how Surrender works when it just reduces me to zero.

So Emilia is going to die no matter what at this point?
Or will get knocked out no matter what?

Surrender ending is damage rather than HP reduction, so if it set Emilia to 0 she'd be making death saves as standard.

I have...an insane idea. Lemme just get a DM ruling on how this might work.

Could Skipsy jam Emilia into her Bag of Holding? I'm gonna guess there might be a check involved in that. If it's an Athletics check, Jade might be better suited to try with her bag and then (to add an extra layer of insanity) hop into her bag herself. Skipsy can handle whatever comes next.

It wouldn't require a check but it would require an action.

Khosan
2022-10-09, 08:32 AM
Perfect, I'll get a post up.

Spore
2022-10-09, 08:38 AM
Surrender ending is damage rather than HP reduction, so if it set Emilia to 0 she'd be making death saves as standard

Basically this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEQNouyJ3eQ

(but falling to the ground defeated after it)

Khosan
2022-10-09, 09:03 AM
Whoops, forgot Ox. I was thinking I'd have to sacrifice Ox, but I think we can all get out, so he'll run out with Skipsy.

Xihirli
2022-10-09, 09:28 AM
Hands up who wants to short rest and go back in. Hands?

Kushina43
2022-10-09, 05:53 PM
Lol, no thanks

Xihirli
2022-10-10, 03:08 PM
About what time is it?

Amnestic
2022-10-11, 11:36 AM
Late afternoon. You could likely make it back to the Font before you start risking exhaustion from travel.

Spore
2022-10-11, 12:15 PM
Hands up who wants to short rest and go back in. Hands?

Don't let Jade make your player decisions :smallwink:

Khosan
2022-10-17, 07:28 PM
Rolling Skipsy's last 3 hit die

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Posting might be a bit slow for me this week, got some stuff going on so I don't have as much time. Nothing serious, just a busy week.

Xihirli
2022-10-17, 08:10 PM
I'll do the same. [roll0]

Kushina43
2022-10-18, 01:22 PM
Burning half my hit dice, regeneration don't fail me now. I've apparently been misreading the hit die rules for a while, so this is gonna turn out better than I'd hoped regardless

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Back to 40 HP ain't bad, but did I really have to get a min roll and a 3? Lmao

Spore
2022-10-19, 02:45 PM
[roll0]+ potentially 6

Spore
2022-10-20, 10:44 PM
Good point with the unholy water. I feel I would be able to create Unholy Water. Void Crystals and Void Potions are something much rarer, if you consider the MMO a source of lore. A point for the party though:

I assume the priest does not possess the ability to create unholy water (most bog standard priests are holy priests) or refuse to do so, which means other than using the 25gp per casting of Ceremony, I would use a spell slot which might give us more damage if I use it for Bless, a Shadow spell or some sort of defensive buff (meaning we can stay in melee longer).

Khosan
2022-10-22, 10:26 PM
Gonna check and see if my guy Baubbletump's got any healing potions for sale:

[roll0]

EDIT: Heck yeah he does.

Xihirli
2022-10-22, 11:04 PM
Don't forget the meat pie!

Xihirli
2022-10-23, 12:22 PM
Can Jade tell if the numbers of gnolls is alarming to Commander Ebonlock, or is she too stoic?

Also @group: Is there anything else to report here? I’m thinking the somewhat friendly elves and maybe the warp stalkers and phase spiders might be of note.

And I gather we want to keep all Deck of Many Things knowledge to ourselves.

Amnestic
2022-10-23, 03:29 PM
Can Jade tell if the numbers of gnolls is alarming to Commander Ebonlock, or is she too stoic?

Gimme an insight roll to find out.

Spore
2022-10-23, 04:13 PM
Also @group: Is there anything else to report here? I’m thinking the somewhat friendly elves and maybe the warp stalkers and phase spiders might be of note.

The secretive dryads are kind of important unless his soldiers want do die a poison-y death by spears.

Xihirli
2022-10-23, 07:01 PM
Gimme an insight roll to find out.

[roll0]

I already mentioned the dryads.

Kushina43
2022-10-25, 02:39 PM
I've caught up and Jok'lek will have gone with Jade to the town hall. I'll post later today with anything he might add or explain

Khosan
2022-10-26, 10:00 PM
I'm gonna put the shopping list here:
3 healing potions - 150gp
4 hunting traps - 20gp
10 flasks of oil - 1gp
40 days of trail rations - 20gp
10 nets - 10gp
4 bags of ball bearings - 4gp
1 climber's kit - 25gp
1 abacus - 2gp
1 bell - 1gp
Total - 233gp

Skipsy's gonna skip the crowbar and give Jade the one she has in her dungeoneer's pack (because I won't remember it otherwise). If anyone has anything else they want to add, just mention it. I've got a lot of gold on hand.

Also, gonna make a roll to see if the hat Skipsy's going to buy could maybe be a [roll0], depending on cost. I kind of hope it is, because that would be fun. If not, maybe 1gp for the hat?

The weapons'll have to be a separate trip to the smithy, but for bookkeeping's sake:

20 javelins - 10gp
1 flail - 10gp
1 war pick - 5gp
EDIT: Holy crap, Baubbletump's got everything.

Amnestic
2022-10-27, 04:20 AM
Away from my notes, but I'll have a post up this evening for Skipsy.

Hat of Vermin will go for 100gp.

Khosan
2022-10-29, 11:03 AM
Perfect, sold.

I kinda wish Warcraft gnomes could talk to small animals like forest gnomes, but we can get mileage out of them anyway.

Xihirli
2022-10-30, 02:07 PM
Guys we need to kill these rival adventurers.