PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Rituals for Dragon parts

Wazaman
2022-06-05, 10:52 PM
[DND 3.5/3.0]
So we killed an Ancient Blue Dragon in our session today, and naturally the question of harvesting the dragon came out. Now we're a pretty optimize heavy group, and we know rituals exist where you use or consume dragon parts to enhance your PC's power, the only problem we've searched for a few hours and can find absolutely nothing on these rituals and actually began to doubt if they exist. My question to the fellow forumsers is do you know ehere the rituals are or would you just make something up, or use dragon feats as a base and change from there?

oxybe
2022-06-06, 12:41 AM
I don't believe there are any specific rituals or whatever that immediately come to mind. The closest thing I can think of is from 3.0's Savage Species rituals to transform into and out of a monstrous form and after a quick look, those don't require specific material components.

I'd either allow the use of the dragon parts as a substitute for a value of gold/XP towards the creation of an appropriately themed magic item and give it that draconic feel, or go full body horror and look into 3.5 Lords of Madness's Flesh Grafts and reflavour them with a draconic twist.

Jay R
2022-06-06, 10:23 PM
There are three uses for dragon parts here.

Metamagic Components (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/metamagicComponents.htm)

Blue dragon scales can be used to add Widen Spell to lightning bolt.
Specially prepared dragon wing-hide can be used to add Extend Spell to overland flight.
Dragon eggshells can be used to add Extend Spell to telepathic bond.

Phhase
2022-06-07, 11:33 AM
Scales can be used to make armor, there's a rule for that somewhere. Outside of that, nothing official, but dragonbones, claws, and teeth are probably prime weapon, potion, and armor components. Dragon breath organs also probably contain valuable chemical reagents. Dragon steak is probably pretty delicious, too, any dietary benefits aside. My headcanon is that blue dragon is a bit tangy, and makes an excellent curry. If you wanna go full barbarian ritual though, you could probably get something good from devouring a dragon heart raw.