PDA

View Full Version : Houserule: Skill Focus

GimliFett
2007-11-26, 05:52 PM
I'm considering allowing the focus of a Skill Focus feat to be a permanent class skill. Fer instance, if someone takes Skill Focus: Tumble, then Tumble is always considered a class skill for that character. I really don't feel it's too much, especially considering the feat is required for so many Prestige Class builds, it'd be a nice little (or too big) bonus.

Thoughts? Questions? Comments? Snide remarks?

Xyk
2007-11-26, 06:03 PM
As a house-rule, its fine. I've used way worse ones. Actually, most prestige classes have really similiar class skills, especially if skill focus is a requirement. if u plan to use multiple prestige classes, i suppose thats a good thing to have.

Xaros
2007-11-26, 06:35 PM
I think it makes sense, given the investment (a feat) for a relatively small effect (+3 to a single skill).

Fiery Diamond
2007-11-27, 12:28 AM
Good, reasonable houserule. You shouldn't be afraid of houserules.

@Xyk: What website did you get your stats from? Different tests give way different results.

- Fiery Diamond

Kenbert
2007-11-27, 10:14 AM
That is a good house rule. Alternatively, if people seem to be abusing it, you can always lower the skill bonus it grants.

Alternatively, you can make them choose ... effectively, make another feat that makes something permanently a class skill.

Alex12
2007-11-27, 10:26 AM
We've been using that houserule in our current game, and it's worked out pretty well.
Plus, it makes it a little more fair, since if you just wanted a skill bonus from feats, it would make more sense to grab Open Minded (5 more skill points you can spend on any skill)

Glorytome
2007-11-27, 10:46 AM
Dont forget if it doesnt work the first you can use your awesome DM powers to drop a 600lb space cow from the sky onto a deserving character Bwahahaha!!! DMing is awesome.