16th+8/+3+5+5+10666666653—
17th+8/+3+5+5+10666666664—
18th+9/+4+6+6+116666666653
19th+9/+4+6+6+116666666664
20th+10/+5+6+6+126666666666

Alignment: Any
Hit Die: 1d4
Class Skills:
Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Knowledge(arcana) (Int), Profession (Wis),and Spellcraft (Int).
Skill Points at 1st Level: (2 + Int modifier) × 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Witch/Warlocks are proficient with all simple weapons. They are not proficient with any type of armor or shield. Armor of any type interferes with a Witch/WarlockÂ’s gestures, which can cause his spells with somatic components to fail.

Spells: A Witch/Warlock casts arcane spells which are drawn from the Witch/Warlock spell list.

To learn or cast a spell, a Witch/Warlock must have a Charisma score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Witch/WarlockÂ’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the Witch/WarlockÂ’s Charisma modifier.

Like other spellcasters, a Witch/Warlock can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. Their base daily spell allotment is given on Table: Witch/Warlock. In addition, they receives bonus spells per day if they have a high Charisma score.

A Witch/Warlock may know any number of spells. They must choose and prepare their spells ahead of time by getting 8 hours of sleep and spending 1 hour studying their spellbook. While studying, the Witch/Warlock decides which spells to prepare.

A Witch/Warlock begins play with a spellbook containing all 0-level Witch/Warlock spells plus two 1st-level spells of their choice. The Witch/Warlock also selects a number of additional 1st-level spells equal to Charisma modifier to add to the spellbook. At each new Witch/Warlock level, they gain two new spells of any spell level or levels that he can cast (based on his new Witch/Warlock level) for his spellbook. At any time, a Witch/Warlock can also add spells found in other Witch/WarlocksÂ’ spellbooks to his own (see Magic).

Familiar: A Witch/warlock can obtain a familiar. Doing so takes 24 hours and uses up magical materials that cost 100 gp. A familiar is a magical beast that resembles a small animal and is unusually tough and intelligent. The creature serves as a companion and servant.

The Witch/Warlock chooses the kind of familiar they gets. As the Witch/Warlock advances in level, the familiar also increases in power.

If the familiar dies or is dismissed by the Witch/Warlock, the Witch/Warlock must attempt a DC 15 Fortitude saving throw. Failure means they lose 200 experience points per Witch/Warlock level; success reduces the loss to one-half that amount. However, a Witch/WarlockÂ’s experience point total can never go below 0 as the result of a familiarÂ’s demise or dismissal. A slain or dismissed familiar cannot be replaced for a year and day. A slain familiar can be raised from the dead just as a character can be, and it does not lose a level or a Constitution point when this happy event occurs.

A character with more than one class that grants a familiar may have only one familiar at a time.

Unlike other classes, a Witch/Warlock's initial familiar is determined by their tradition. If a Witch/Warlock already has a familiar from another class, they keep that familiar.

Circle of Power (Sp)
At 1st level, a Witch/Warlock can perform the rite to cast a circle. This is the basic rite that all Witch/Warlocks learn first, regardless of their tradition. The Witch/Warlock’s circle is a 5 ft. radius circle and takes a full round, in which the Witch/Warlock is flat footed, to create. Once cast, a faint glow — color determined by the Witch/Warlock— reveals the boundaries of the circle. The glow is visible to all, without the aid of magic. Once created the circle of power lasts 1 round per Witch/Warlock level plus a number of rounds equal to Wisdom modifier.

While within the circle of power the Witch/Warlock gains a +1 bonus to AC as well as saves. In addition, starting at 6th level it acts as a sanctuary spell had been cast and at 12th level a nondetection spell.

If the Witch/Warlock is forced out of her circle before the duration is up, the circle is broken and all effects immediately end. Anyone within the circle with the Witch/Warlock must remain within the circle for its duration or until the Witch/Warlock breaks the circle; leaving the circle breaks it and ends all effects. Likewise, any creature outside the circle that enters it automatically breaks the circle and ends all effects. The Witch/Warlock can break her circle and end its effects voluntarily at any time; the circle is not required to exist for its full duration.

If the Witch/WarlockÂ’s circle is broken by someone other than the Witch/Warlock, the spirits and powers the circle holds at bay can harm the Witch/Warlock. The Witch/Warlock must make a DC 20 Will save or suffer 1 point of temporary Wisdom and Charisma damage.

In addition to these powers, each Witch/Warlock also gains a special power to her circle based on the tradition she chooses to follow at 1st level. See the Tradition descriptions for details on each.

Traditions
Spell List
0 Level: amanuensis, arcane mark, caltrops, cure minor wounds, dancing lights, daze, detect magic, detect poison, flare, ghost sound, launch bolt, launch item, light, mending, read magic, resistance, stick, virtue.
1st Level: animate fire, animate water, aspect of the wolf, breath of the jungle, buzzing bee, cause fear, change self, charm person, cold fire, command, comprehend languages, cure light wounds, distract, distract assailant, doom, ebon eyes, endure elements, entice gift, hypnotism, identify, incite, inhibit, omen of peril, protection from, chaos/evil/good/law, ray of clumsiness, rebuke, remove scent, scatterspay, silent image, sleep, speak with animals, unseen servant, ventriloquism, wall of smoke, winter chill.
2nd Level: alter self, augment familiar, blinding spittle, blindness/deafness, briar web, calm emotions, cloud of bewilderment, cure moderate wounds, curse of ill fortune, curse of impending blades, decomposition, delay poison, delusions of grandeur, detect thoughts, embrace the wild, enthrall, fuse arms, ghost touch armor, invisibility, locate object, malevolent miasma, mark of the outcast, minor image, phantasmal assailants, phantom foe, ray of sickness, saltray, scare, slapping hand, stabilize, stolen breath, veil of shadow, wall of gloom, wave of grief, whispering wind.
3rd Level: air breathing, bestow curse, blindsight, chain of eyes, circle dance, clairvoyance/clairaudience, contagion, create food and water, dark fire, dispel magic, downdraft, know opponent, know vulnerabilities, leomundÂ’s tiny hut, magic circle against chaos/law/evil/good, major image, mesmerizing glare, miser's envy, rage, remove blindness/deafness, servant horde, shadowbinding, spirit jaws, skull watch, slashing darkness, suggestion, tongues, tremor.
4th Level: charm monster, consumptive field, contagious touch, crushing despair, delay death, discern lies, divination, fear, giant vermin, good hope, greater rebuke, hypothermia, jaws of the wolf, languor, locate creature, make manifest, miasma of entropy, minor creation, murderous mist, neutralize poison, poison vines, polymorph, remove curse, ruin delver's fortune, scrying, wrack.
5th Level: baleful polymorph, dream, doomtide, echo skull, false vision, feeblemind, greater command, hidden lodge, magic jar, major creation, mass contagion, mass curse of ill fortune, memory rot, mirage arcana, nightmare, phantom stag, seeming, sending, spirit wall, viscid glob, zone of spite, zone of revelation.
6th Level: animate objects, animate snow, blood sirocco, control weather, eyebite, find the path, geas/quest, greater scrying, heroesÂ’ feast, hide the path, imperious glare, legend lore, mass make manifest, mass suggestion, mislead, opalescent glare, probe thoughts, repulsion, shadow image, spider plague, TenserÂ’s transformation, true seeing.
7th Level: blood to water, creeping doom, evil glare, finger of death, greater bestow curse, greater consumptive field, insanity, liveoak, repel wood, slime wave, stun ray, symphonic nightmare, transport via plants, withering palm.
8th Level: antipathy, demand, discern location, heat drain, horrid wilting, maddening whispers, phantom wolf, polymorph any object, red tide, sympathy, trap the soul.
9th Level: earthquake, foresight, phantom bear, refuge, shapechange, wail of the banshee, weird.

Segev
2022-06-09, 06:52 AM
Is this a fixed-list caster? It seems a lot like a wizard, except for the fixed list. What is the design goal? It probably isn't too unbalanced, though whether the number of spells available is too high is hard for me to judge.

Your table is broken in the number of spells per day section, though, as a technical matter wrt the forum's code.

I assume the familiar language is drawn directly from other classes' identical feature; the language about losing XP for dismissing it stood out, but that could just be me not remembering that was a thing in 3e.

ngilop
2022-06-09, 08:37 AM
Is this a fixed-list caster? It seems a lot like a wizard, except for the fixed list. What is the design goal? It probably isn't too unbalanced, though whether the number of spells available is too high is hard for me to judge.

Your table is broken in the number of spells per day section, though, as a technical matter wrt the forum's code.

I assume the familiar language is drawn directly from other classes' identical feature; the language about losing XP for dismissing it stood out, but that could just be me not remembering that was a thing in 3e.

Yeah... about the table...

I tried to fix it, getting rid of all those weird accented As but all it did was keep messing up the table badly this (what i have it as) is the best I could get it to.

I am not finished, I have a lot to add on.. I just spent so much on the table last night that i got frustrated and posted that so at least i knew where I was instead of going from scratch.

Segev
2022-06-09, 09:15 AM
Yeah... about the table...

I tried to fix it, getting rid of all those weird accented As but all it did was keep messing up the table badly this (what i have it as) is the best I could get it to.

I am not finished, I have a lot to add on.. I just spent so much on the table last night that i got frustrated and posted that so at least i knew where I was instead of going from scratch.

Ah, condolences. I'll try to comment more when you're done, then! Good luck!

ngilop
2022-06-10, 10:51 AM
Ok.. i give up..

I have no idea what Is going on with this dang post.

But everytime i try to edit this weird things start to happen.

Segev
2022-06-11, 09:04 AM
It may be something your browser or your text editor is adding. I used notepad++ to do a quick find/replace of the extraneous characters with nothing, and then removed one extra column from one row of the table. There was also one of the cells with an extra character between the two that made the usual pattern; I removed that by hand as well. I then copy-pasted back into here. I think you should be able to copy this out if you quote it and then paste it back in to an edit of your original post. Make sure you copy from "table=" all the way to "/table" and that you delete the same from the original post before pasting it back in!

Good luck!

LevelBABFortRefWillSpecial 0lvl1st2nd3rd4th5th6th7th8th9th
1st+0+0+0+2Summon Familiar, Tradition, Circle of Power53————————
2nd+1+0+0+364————————
3rd+1+1+1+365————————
4th+2+1+1+4663———————
5th+2+1+1+4664———————
6th+3+2+2+56653——————
7th+3+2+2+56664——————
8th+4+2+2+666653—————
9th+4+3+3+666664—————
10th+5+3+3+7666653————