PDA

View Full Version : Overchannel wording on manifester level

ciopo
2022-06-10, 06:36 AM
Greetings.

I always assumed that multiclassing between manifester woudl treat each separate class as it's own entity, with the only exception being power points being able to be used itnerchangeabily.

I was rereading the srd today and overchannel threw me for a loop, see

"Normal: Your manifester level is equal to your total levels in classes that manifest powers. "

what gives!? a psion 5/psychic warrior has manifester level 10?? that can't be right

Anyone can shed some light on this, please?

thank you!

Beni-Kujaku
2022-06-10, 07:09 AM
From the "Multiclass Psionic Characters" section of the EPH: "While you maintain a single reserve of power points from your class, race, and feat selections, you are still limited by the manifester level you have achieved with each power you know. For example, a 10th-level psion/2nd-level psychic warrior can spend up to 10 points when manifesting a psion power, but only up to 2 points when manifesting a psychic warrior power. Your wellspring of psychic energy is a single pool, but you might possess very different levels of training or accomplishment with powers you learned from different classes."

The overchannel wording was probably meant for prestige classes who advance manifesting. But yeah, either way it's confusing.