PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder PF Familiar/Animal Companion question and Sheild Other

Khedrac
2022-06-10, 12:25 PM
First up, please don't suggest imblue with spell ability - I am aware of this method, I am hoping for one that doesn't take a 4th level spell slot every time it is used.

Does anyone know of a way to get an animal companion or familiar equivalent (so includes shaman's spirit animals) to get one's animal companion/familiar/spirit animal/etc. to take the damage from a casting of shield other?
Even better would be to get the damage shared to the caster to be split with an animal companion/familiar/whatever.

Firebug
2022-06-10, 01:04 PM
Protector Familiar (https://aonprd.com/ArchetypeDisplay.aspx?FixedName=Familiar%20Protect or) for familiars at least.

Kurald Galain
2022-06-10, 01:59 PM
An animal companion with the Bodyguard archetype can take the In Harm's Way feat, which has a comparable effect.

Khedrac
2022-06-11, 02:40 AM
Thank-you - those look most useful - I will have to dig further :)

Eldonauran
2022-06-12, 10:02 AM
Provided you have the coin for it, a Ring of Friend Shield (50,000gp) can do what you want. May or may not have to get another magic item (Hand of Glory) in order to give the critter a ring slot to use the ring, though.