PDA

View Full Version : Simple weapon fighting

Idea Man
2007-11-26, 07:38 PM
I was wondering if there was a twenty-level class that gives full BAB but only gives simple weapons. I mean, if I wanted to do a spear-fighter, and had no intention of using swords or axes, I want to get something back for an unused class feature. Any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions?

On a related notion, are there any humanoids that might automatically qualify for a full BAB prestige class, without taking other class levels?

Note: I'm not trying to make a spartan or anything. That occurred to me after I started. :smalltongue:

cupkeyk
2007-11-26, 07:46 PM
Possibly the algai'd'siswai from the Wheel of Time Campaign setting. 3.0 though.

Clementx
2007-11-26, 07:49 PM
Get a ransuer and call it a spear. Or ask your DM to make a greatspear that deals 1d12 x3 as a martial weapon.

Gungnir
2007-11-26, 07:50 PM
algai'd'siswai

That can't be a word. I checked the rules.

Matthew
2007-11-26, 07:59 PM
Well, since all you would have to do is Multi Class to Fighter for 1 Level, it seems unlikely that such a Class would be well balanced.

Clementx
2007-11-26, 08:01 PM
That can't be a word. I checked the rules.Tell that to Robert Jordan. He thinks it means, "Spears of the Dragon". ::makes Steve-Irwin-esque remark, involving books instead of sting-rays::

Lemur
2007-11-26, 08:44 PM

This is heroic fantasy. Anything can be a word, if you want it to be.

@V: Touché.

Iku Rex
2007-11-26, 08:57 PM
Anything can be a word, if you want it to be.Dude, anything (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/anything) is an English word. It's quite common actually.

Sorry.

Azukius
2007-11-26, 09:44 PM
Those books have a lot of random words, good plot though if slightly convulated.

If youre playing/reading fantasy do not complain about the odd language, youll never get anywhere

Azukius
2007-11-26, 09:47 PM
And i think the algai'd'siswai use a javelin, they definately throw it, and a buckler.

It could be interesting to build a class on them, kinda shadowdancery with emphasis on desert, maybe some ranger stuff.

Lintehiliel
2007-11-26, 09:48 PM
Sadly RJ isnt here anymore. May WoT live forever.
Oh, they use spear.. not javelins.. And never EVER try to use a sword based on them :smallcool:

Azukius
2007-11-27, 12:35 AM
A Very short spear which they throw and use in melee combat, sounds more javalin like to me.
Maybe elements of monk?

Kizara
2007-11-27, 01:21 AM
A Very short spear which they throw and use in melee combat, sounds more javalin like to me.
Maybe elements of monk?

There is an actual class in the WoT RPG, which is based off of 3.0 DnD.

You don't need to keep guessing what it would be like, lol.

cupkeyk
2007-11-27, 10:47 AM
Isn't it weird that they insist on statting something that WoTC has kindly paid developers to make and JD approved already?

de-trick
2007-11-27, 05:20 PM
I'd say make a fighter ask to loose all martial weapons, like a flaw

John Campbell
2007-11-27, 06:12 PM
algai'd'siswai

Man, that's worse than some of the elf names in my NaNo. And my elf names are not just apparently but actually strings of letters and apostrophes randomly generated by a computer program.

How am I supposed to satirize this stuff? It's already worse than anything I can come up with!

J.Gellert
2007-11-28, 09:59 AM
Make a fighter and talk to your DM about getting a signature-weapon spear or something else for the lost proficiencies.

As I mostly play wizards, I trade my familiar for other stuff quite often. :smalltongue: