PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Support with building out spores druid

Someloser
2022-06-11, 08:52 PM
I am playing a reborn spores druid who is currently about to become level 4. I have:
12 str,
18 dex,
16 con,
14 int,
19 wis,
4 cha.

I am playing them as a melee shillelagh build who will sometimes cast a support/control spell.
For this reason I am thinking of going with a half feat that increases wisdom, something like fey-touched or shadow-touched.
However, would it be better to maybe go polearm master since i have found myself often not using my bonus action.
Or, is it better to go with a multiclassed level in monk for better ac and bonus action attack, instead of polearm master.

Any help is much appreciated :D.

x3n0n
2022-06-11, 09:36 PM
I am playing a reborn spores druid who is currently about to become level 4. I have:
12 str,
18 dex,
16 con,
14 int,
19 wis,
4 cha.

I am playing them as a melee shillelagh build who will sometimes cast a support/control spell.
For this reason I am thinking of going with a half feat that increases wisdom, something like fey-touched or shadow-touched.
However, would it be better to maybe go polearm master since i have found myself often not using my bonus action.
Or, is it better to go with a multiclassed level in monk for better ac and bonus action attack, instead of polearm master.

Any help is much appreciated :D.

If you want to lean hard into Symbiotic Form, Monk will generate a lot of attacks (and good AC, given those stats). Monk 5 will maximize that.

If you want to maintain your Druid progress, Polearm Master still generates significant offense.

Going to Echo Knight 3 or 5 also offers a lot: Fighting Style, Action Surge, Manifest Echo (letting you make melee attacks without being in melee), and Unleash Incarnation for nova damage.

Note that shillelagh can be a bonus action conflict unless your DM lets you pre-cast it.