PDA

View Full Version : Talky man talk too much.

Blogatogatog
2022-06-11, 10:17 PM
I've read every strip and noticed a disturbing trend toward dialogue without punch, like in Elves. I crave new scenes, interesting situations, punchy punchlines, and fudge ripple. Less talk, more walk, please, Talky Man.

Beni-Kujaku
2022-06-13, 06:31 AM
More action and less talk? You can have both. (https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0456.html)

Precure
2022-06-13, 04:52 PM
Best strip:

https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0313.html

Blogatogatog
2022-06-13, 11:03 PM
Thanky for submissions, you prove my point.

Redcloak cause funny pratfall in frame 2, but follow by 13 frames of talk (and one of smoking, very bad for health).

Talky Man had 8 frames secret dialogue with scarily disgusting pretty girl until getting to punchline where he climbs table, very mild humor, no property damage, no bouncer, no brawl. What disreputable tavern is this? I will give low rating on Yelp.

Draconi Redfir
2022-06-14, 07:10 AM
I'm sure there are other comics out there that can fill your needs without resorting to changing this one.

Can't say i know any off the top of my head as I'm not looking through 40 webcomics in a day anymore, but I'm sure they're out there.

KorvinStarmast
2022-06-14, 07:10 AM
Talky Man had 8 frames secret dialogue with scarily disgusting pretty girl until getting to punchline where he climbs table, very mild humor, no property damage, no bouncer, no brawl. What disreputable tavern is this? I will give low rating on Yelp. That's not a tavern, it's a high class restaurant in Azure City. :smallsmile:

brian 333
2022-06-14, 07:22 AM
What disreputable tavern is this? I will give low rating on Yelp

No worries, the hobgoblins bought out the previous owners, (at a bargain,) and have repurposed the place as a Grunge/Metal night club with a Goblin Dan's kiosk in the corner.

The menu is limited, only barbecue and Buffalo style hydra heads, but it's all-you-can-eat.

KillianHawkeye
2022-06-14, 10:27 AM
The style of the comic isn't going to change now after all these years. Then again, this can't be a serious thread topic to begin with.

Scalenex
2022-06-14, 03:21 PM
With the upgrade in art of recent OoS versus older OoS, physical humor should be easier to portray.

Blogatogatog
2022-06-14, 10:04 PM
That's not a tavern, it's a high class restaurant in Azure City. :smallsmile:

That high class restaurant? Did not know could take restaurant as class. How much XP we get for it? ... Oh wait, it now under better management, five stars.

Still, would be shame if Talky Man let Stick end up like Elves. I wanted like Elves, but so talky. Not surprised Stick beat Elves. I beat elves with stick all the time.

brian 333
2022-06-14, 10:13 PM
Did not know could take restaurant as class. What level this restaurant? How much XP we get for it?

Well, the restaurant has recently changed alignment, so there is an exp penalty.

Peelee
2022-06-14, 10:14 PM
Restaurant is just a prestige class for Gazebo.

KorvinStarmast
2022-06-14, 10:18 PM
That high class restaurant? I said it was a high class restaurant, not a high level restaurant. If you are going to make a joke, make sure that you first understand what the words mean. :smallwink:

JonahFalcon
2022-06-15, 04:22 AM
This is a comic with stick figures. Like Harvey Pekar's work, it's going to be dialogue heavy.

KorvinStarmast
2022-06-15, 10:26 AM
This is a comic with stick figures. Like Harvey Pekar's work, it's going to be dialogue heavy. Sure it is (https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0887.html) ...

Blogatogatog
2022-06-15, 11:02 PM
I said it was a high class restaurant, not a high level restaurant. If you are going to make a joke, make sure that you first understand what the words mean. :smallwink:

No need b racist. Me know what "the words" mean, they lil squiggly tings on paper that splode when whizheads rite them. That y me uncomfortable bout talky man talk so much. 1 day whole strip splode and me not want take 2 much damage.

Frozenstep
2022-06-16, 12:30 AM
No need b racist. Me know what "the words" mean, they lil squiggly tings on paper that splode when whizheads rite them. That y me uncomfortable bout talky man talk so much. 1 day whole strip splode and me not want take 2 much damage.

:vaarsuvius: You have little to worry about from text written by non-spellcasting persons, creatures and so on. I believe your issue is an illogical fear of what you don't understand, to put it simply.

Boom

brian 333
2022-06-16, 08:14 AM
:vaarsuvius: You have little to worry about from text written by non-spellcasting persons, creatures and so on. I believe your issue is an illogical fear of what you don't understand, to put it simply.

Boom

This is genius!

Blogatogatog
2022-06-16, 11:44 PM
You insult my intelligence cuz I tall enough to stand over you instead of stand under? You talky people so racist! I say time for big slapstick!

Peelee
2022-06-17, 12:04 AM
I say time for big slapstick!

The Three Stooges?

Blogatogatog
2022-06-18, 02:15 AM
The Three Stooges?

No, slap stick. I leave everbody rolling on the floor when slap them with big stick. Very funny. It take finesse though, it have lot of iron in it, very ironic, like morning star, it star of show, it will take the staging area by storm.

But me like Three Stiches too, and Charlie Choppin, Monk and Accostello, Lore Girl and Hard Head, classic situational comedy. "Well this is another fine dungeon you've gotten us into." Never know where they end up, they go wherever punchline is.

*Sigh.* All this talky get me winded. Or maybe that was nachos. I guess it just go to show you, you can lead a horse to Conan, but you can't make him punch.

brian 333
2022-06-18, 08:24 AM
Talky Man most assuredly does not "talk too much." In my essay, "Derivative Reduction Of Aspect Ratios In Webcomic Formatting," (published in Pedantry Magazine, April, 2020,) the concept of AAChVAASB, (Art And Characterization Versus Action And Speech Balloons,) was introduced as a fundamental mathematical formula which can be used to measure the aesthetically optimum verbiage visible on a webcomic page. While The Order Of The Stick consistently maintains an aachvaasb ratio of 6.43226 to 4.81, its standard deviation of <1.173 places it well within the optimal 6:4 range desired by the target audience, (per Dewey, Cheetham, and Howe, c1932.) As discussed in my article, after rigorous scientific analysis it has been determined that those who are desirous of experiencing visual arts attend museums, while those desirous of experiencing written works visit libraries. Aachvaasb can be utilized to maximize the participation rates of those who wish an optimal melange of visual and literary art.
1) "How Much Is Too Much? By Siegal, et al, 1941
2) "Excelsior!" By Lee, c1974
3) "Comic Book Advertising" By Atlas, Charles, c1952
4) Citizens vs. Detective Comics, c1932, Appellate Court Brief by Dewey, Cheetham, and Howe, c1935
5) "Derivative Reduction Of Aspect Ratios In Webcomic Formatting, Pedantry Magazine, April, c2020

Blogatogatog
2022-06-18, 11:58 PM
They call it punch line for reason. Bear hug line only for building dramatic tension.

Don't tell clan, but I take level in bard. #NoHomoSapien

Precure
2022-06-19, 07:04 AM
Talky Man most assuredly does not "talk too much." In my essay, "Derivative Reduction Of Aspect Ratios In Webcomic Formatting," (published in Pedantry Magazine, April, 2020,) the concept of AAChVAASB, (Art And Characterization Versus Action And Speech Balloons,) was introduced as a fundamental mathematical formula which can be used to measure the aesthetically optimum verbiage visible on a webcomic page. While The Order Of The Stick consistently maintains an aachvaasb ratio of 6.43226 to 4.81, its standard deviation of <1.173 places it well within the optimal 6:4 range desired by the target audience, (per Dewey, Cheetham, and Howe, c1932.) As discussed in my article, after rigorous scientific analysis it has been determined that those who are desirous of experiencing visual arts attend museums, while those desirous of experiencing written works visit libraries. Aachvaasb can be utilized to maximize the participation rates of those who wish an optimal melange of visual and literary art.
1) "How Much Is Too Much? By Siegal, et al, 1941
2) "Excelsior!" By Lee, c1974
3) "Comic Book Advertising" By Atlas, Charles, c1952
4) Citizens vs. Detective Comics, c1932, Appellate Court Brief by Dewey, Cheetham, and Howe, c1935
5) "Derivative Reduction Of Aspect Ratios In Webcomic Formatting, Pedantry Magazine, April, c2020

Talky man talk too much.

Synesthesy
2022-06-20, 03:23 AM
I just want to point it out that in the high class restaurant in Azure City you can order pizza. But there is an ancient holy order of paladin who had swore to hunt down and kill everyone tried to get a pizza with pineapples on top.

Emanick
2022-07-02, 11:38 PM
I just want to point it out that in the high class restaurant in Azure City you can order pizza. But there is an ancient holy order of paladin who had swore to hunt down and kill everyone tried to get a pizza with pineapples on top.

I would like to fill out an application to join this holy order, any idea where I can find one?

Dame_Mechanus
2022-07-08, 12:32 PM
This is a comic with stick figures. Like Harvey Pekar's work, it's going to be dialogue heavy.

Okay but actually reading Stick Splendor in which everyone's just an average person navigating life and dealing with problems and maybe yelling at Dave Letterman sounds pretty awesome.