PDA

View Full Version : So I am curious with learning the Sphere system, how would you make a Gestalt of

Ramza00
2022-06-12, 04:33 PM
So I am curious with learning the Sphere system, I am a newbie to it but have system mastery with generic 3.5, Pathfinder, and Path of War.

and I would appreciate any reading materials one can recommend for this knowledge endeavor. But since I learn via seeing / doing I am also curious
how would you make a Gestalt of Sphere Rajah on one side plus another Sphere Caster(s) on the other side? Just throw out ideas like Spaghetti at the Wall.

Sphere Rajah is located here https://www.patreon.com/posts/akashic-spheres-50155098
and if I understand it correctly it is a

Mid Caster Sphere User
1 magic talent every time the Sphere Rajah gain a caster level.
Spell Pool which pool contains a number of spell points equal to their level + their casting ability modifier (minimum: 1)
Sphere Rajah gains the Veilweaving sphere and the Rajah’s Tradition advanced talent as Bonus Talents
plus these abilities which it keeps from Rajah

Maneuvers up to 9th level Charisma Based
Royal Mandate, Vassalage, The Crossroads.
Crown of the Moon Queen allows me to do a Free Counter for 1 ally if they are wearing a Title Veil as a Free Action once per Round.
House of Servants, Heraldry, Warrior of the Court, Indomitable, Divine Mandate, Symbol of Authority, Earthbound Immortal Abilities
Good Fort, Will, 6+ Skills, d6 Hit Points, Bad BAB (but Full BAB if doing Maneuvers through Allies via the Title Veils / Vassalage)

So I am thinking of getting

HD 01 my allies The Resolute Veil (psionic) which gives them a few pp and a psionic focus and they can use the psionic focus as a reroll ability by expending it whenever they want. Likewise if they Chakra Bind starting at HD 04 that Resolute Veil whenever they drop an enemy they can regain their psionic focus as a free action. There is perhaps better veils but the nice thing of this veil is that it is always useful and gives choices to my allies they get to make.
HD 07 level or Later, Crown of the Moon Queen plus Temporal Body Adjustment so I can always get rid of nasty Status Effects for my Allies.
HD 08 level or Later, Sunstroke, Melee or Ranged Weapon Attacks of my Allies (or me) now have Long Range
HD 09 level or Later, Stance of the Sunlight Shield to reduce the number of things that can target me and my allies from the Sides. One can't use Line of Effect thus blocking Target Effects in Spells until the Shields are Destroyed. Likewise a Rudimentary Form of Flight that has its limits.

But that leaves so many options to use the Talents I get from Sphere Rajah plus the whole other side of the Gestalt which is the "main side", what would you fill in such a space? :smallsmile:

Seerow
2022-06-12, 04:59 PM
I'm only passingly familiar with Akasha/Rajah at best, but from what you described Rajah is already doing a lot for you so the other side can be almost anything. It really is going to depend on what you want the character to do. The great thing about Spheres is how much customizability you have even within ostensibly specialized classes. (For example one of my first spheres characters was a Frostweaver Incanter who proceeded to pick up a little of the expected nature stuff, but dove deep into Death and Destruction Spheres alongside it).

Personally I'd probably go with a full caster class, since Rajah is only a mid-caster, to bolster that caster level and get more out of your talents. You do get all talents from both sides when gestalting spheres classes, which is nice. Barring any more specific guidance/ideas of what you're looking for I'd default into Incanter, pick a specialization and go.

Or you could take advantage of the fact that you're already getting a bunch of talents from one side of your gestalt and go Thaumaturge, using its CL boosting shenanigans to really boost your effectiveness with whatever you're doing. I actually really love the Pact Master Thaumaturge because it lets you have basically 3 different talent load outs that you can swap between given a little bit of time.

You can also look at Spheres archetypes of other classes you like. If you weren't doing spheres would you be looking at gestalting with Wizard or Arcanist? There are spheres versions of each of them. Same for Cleric, Druid, and all of the other classic classes. Most of the good classes are still good or even better with their conversions (big fan of Sorcerer, especially Inheritor for a Gish). Even some classes that were traditionally weak are really strong. If you're wanting a more martial bent instead of caster, Myrmidon Coiled Blade and Martial Master are all compatible and is my go-to mundane build, Paladin/Ranger get some archetypes that really bring a lot of flexibility to them (For example, I have been spending most of today building an Antipaladin with the Soulrender archetype and have been really impressed with how much work that archetype does.)

But yes basically right now the question is too broad. Spheres is great because you can make almost anything out of anything. You have one class chosen, have some maneuvers and some party buffing tricks. What sort of maneuvers are you planning to focus on? Are you looking for active or passive magic? Are you wanting martial combat talents or use magic talents plus the maneuvers you have? What sort of fighting style do you want your character to have? What sort of magic do they specialize in? Are they going all in on party buffing, or is that just what they're doing with their veils and their magic is much more selfish or offensive?

thethird
2022-06-13, 06:06 AM
So I am curious with learning the Sphere system, I am a newbie to it but have system mastery with generic 3.5, Pathfinder, and Path of War.
[I]and I would appreciate any reading materials one can recommend for this knowledge endeavor. But since I learn via seeing / doing I am also curious
how would you make a Gestalt of Sphere Rajah on one side plus another Sphere Caster(s) on the other side? Just throw out ideas like Spaghetti at the Wall.

Library of metzofitz, has more archetypes listed for Rajah (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Rajah?so=search#Archetypes) than other wikis, including Sphere Rajah, you might want to check them. The only other one that interacts with spheres is the Kshatriya which replaces maneuvers with martial progression.

[...]

But that leaves so many options to use the Talents I get from Sphere Rajah plus the whole other side of the Gestalt which is the "main side", what would you fill in such a space? :smallsmile:

Note that you are going to be using a lot of talents in Veilweaving sphere. You will want 6 in shape additional talent, 3 in capacity increase, 6 in binder of veils (which is worse than the royal mandate, and a reason why I would consider not going sphere rajah), and you will want some essence veils (to actually get essence). Veilweaving as a sphere is a very hungry hippo. Note that if you want to focus on one tittle veil in particular Sphere Rajah locks you into the Rajah tradition, and locks you out of other veils (which reduces some of your available tricks). So Sphere Rajah is coming out worse than Rajah for what you actually want it to do.

Also there is a question as to what are you going to use your standard actions for, maneuvers or spheres? I feel it's a good idea to focus the maneuver progression on counters and boosts (things that will take your swift/inmediate) and leave your standard open for spheres.

All that said I would recomend a Daevic taking the Anashmic (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Anashmic) archetype. It's giving you essence, it's giving you more veils that you can shape on yourself (and aren't limited by restrictions from the veilweaving sphere), and it's giving you combat talents (for your standard actions).

If you want to do casting, and still be support focused I think there is no better option than the Imperator (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/imperator) (a tactician archetype). Note that you are always a member of your own collective, and that with veilweaving sphere you want to take a lot of duplicate versions of a talent. So pick them once with your base talents and then copy them with might of the Empire.

---

Imperator is good and nice. But Zealot synergizes better with it than Rajah. Following in the line of ussing essence Excruciator (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Excruciator) is a good option.

While you are looking at Excruciator take a look at Dark Heart (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_Heart) and Barrier of Blood (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Barrier_of_Blood). The combination can give you a lot of essence receptacles, increase the essence capacity of your receptacles, and more essence than you will ever need to fill them.

You still have 9th lvl maneuvers, spheres (martial and casting), veils and a lot of support.

StSword
2022-06-13, 08:12 AM
Really depends on what you want to do.

Armorist can allow you to summon equipment, but I'm biased I just love equipment summoning classes like that.

Maybe the Prodigy (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/prodigy) class?

An Antiquarian (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/antiquarian) might be useful, allowing you to switch out magic talents.

Maybe a Construct Shaper (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Construct_Shaper) Helmsman? Do your thing while riding around in a mech made out of akashic energy. So be a magical weapons platform.

Maybe the Spheres archetype for the Voyager the Projectionist (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/arcforge-projectionist)? You can snipe people while teleporting around the place.

Ramza00
2022-06-13, 02:15 PM
I will write more later, but since I overwrite lets keep this reply simplelaughs before posting it is not simple and I will edit it with too much info later. :smallsmile:

I like playing my DnD thinking in turn of Control and Actions. Like a Magic the Gathering player with Action Advantage and Efficiency. In sum the proverbial 5th Player whose job is to be the "Enhancer" or "the Control God."

Some styles of play I like in 3.5 / PF / Path of War / Psionics
Enhancer aka Bard, Commander, Tactician, etc. Make everyone more consistent and only spend 1 Round or less Buffing yet everything is 25% to 50% more reliable.
Action Denial / Battlefield Control trading 1 of my actions for 2 or more actions lost of multiple enemies. This can include Save or Die spells if the benefit is good enough but there are also non SoD ways to Action Denial and cause the enemy to waste actions. Summoning a wall is a no save loss of actions for the enemy, summoning a meat shield means melee must go around the meat shield or spend actions killing it before it gets to the squishy party members.
Gaining actions via Time Magic or other forms of extra actions per round. Giving those actions to allies if I have nothing good to do with it.
Long Term Buffer before Combat.

In Sum a Green / Blue / White Player (Bant) if we are playing Magic (except this is DnD). Green for Growth and Speed, Blue for Action Advantage and Control, White for Structuring the Battle in a way that is Beneficial to the Party (a faux form of order and balance for the two sides of the conflict, since my party side hopefully gains advantage by this new order and structure)

-----

Thus Themes I am thinking

is manipulating time, fate, luck, etc.
war sphere for it has momentum and if I understand that correctly (do not know if its good) it lets your allies choose how to use momentum on the fly,
things that create barriers, walls, fogs,
protection, make things more consistent,
damage but the goal is not damage but save or be screwed and lose actions to multiple enemies.

There is probably other spheres I glanced at that I am forgetting, so anyone reading please do not feel locked down with what I wrote so far, I am trying to understand builds that come on roughly HD 07 to 10 (or earlier.) Throw spaghetti at the wall I will not be offended. This right now is just a thought exercise / learning how the system works. :smallsmile:

-----

One last thing after reading about Casting Traditions I think I may do
Side 1: Arcanist 3/Witch 1/ remaining levels Sphere Rajah with the Practiced Initiator trait to keep Side 1 at full IL
Cost: Thus delaying how many ready maneuvers I have by 1 or 2, but that is only the cost of a feat Extra Ready Maneuver
Gain: 3 Moldable Talents, 3 other Magical Talents, a Familiar, Fast Study (swapping the Moldable Talents), Potent Magic.
Side 2: Some Full Sphere High Caster (I want to keep one of the 2 sides a full base class)

Edit 1: Sphere Rajah is there for Maneuvers and being able to use Counters on my Allies such as Temporal Body Adjustment. I really do not care about the veils part with Sphere Rajah, like multiple veils on the same person or chakra binds. I just need to be able to put veils on my allies even if they are not chakra bind so I can use Temporal Body Adjustment as a free action on an ally once per round, saving their bacon with no action required. (Or freeing them from being stuck if they were affected in a previous round and I already did it once before.) This is why I am thinking The Resolute as the default veil since The Resolute is just a free reroll for my allies on many things.

Edit 2: So I am thinking a 7th to 9th level build so far, and I think this is all I want from the Veils side of the build with any extra talents going to other things.
Up to 4 Essence gain from Radiant Dawn Maneuvers.
Magic Talents, So that is 5 Magic Talents at HD 09, 3 Magic talents at HD 08
Bonus Talent Rajah Tradition
Bonus T Veilweaving Sphere, 1st Veil
CL 03 Shape Additional Veil, 2nd Veil
CL 06 Shape Additional Veil 3rd Veil
CL 09 Shape Additional Veil 4th Veil
CL 03 Capacity Increase All Receptacles, Capacity Increases is not for The Resolute Veil but instead so my Maneuvers can have higher Essence increases since Capacity Increase impacts all Essence Recepticles.
CL 09 Capacity Increase All Receptacles

Feats
Feat Narcissism The Resolute (Me), since Narcissism does not count against the Veil limits
Feat Flow of Battle, so I can reallocate essence with the same swift action to do a boost or a stance. Plus 1 extra bonus essence.
Feat Combat Tenacity, so I can do both a counter and boost in the same round.

Optional / Non Necessary
CL 04 Binder of Titles 1st Veil
CL 08 Binder of Titles 2nd Veil

Not sure this is worth 1 or 2 more Magic Talents.

Also there is a question as to what are you going to use your standard actions for, maneuvers or spheres? I feel it's a good idea to focus the maneuver progression on counters and boosts (things that will take your swift/inmediate) and leave your standard open for spheres.

This is the plan, but I did not say it for I do not know if its a good plan. Thanks for the input so far, and yes I know about Library of Metzofitz. :smallsmile:

StSword
2022-06-13, 03:33 PM
is manipulating time, fate, luck, etc.
war sphere for it has momentum and if I understand that correctly (do not know if its good) it lets your allies choose how to use momentum on the fly,
things that create barriers, walls, fogs,
protection, make things more consistent,
damage but the goal is not damage but save or be screwed and lose actions to multiple enemies.
[/LIST]
There is probably other spheres I glanced at that I am forgetting, so anyone reading please do not feel locked down with what I wrote so far, I am trying to understand builds that come on roughly HD 07 to 10 (or earlier.) Throw spaghetti at the wall I will not be offended. This right now is just a thought exercise / learning how the system works. :smallsmile:

Manipulating luck makes me think of the Luckbringer (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/rite-publishing/luckbringer/) or the Malefex (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Malefex). Time is the domain of the Time Thief (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/rogue-genius-games/time-thief/) and Warden (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/rogue-genius-games/time-warden/).

And maybe if I wasn't passing out from needing sleep here I could think of more suggestions. Yawn.

Kitsuneymg
2022-06-15, 11:44 PM
If you want to be a controller/buffer with gestalt, I suggest the following

Normal Rajah and Incanter gestalt. Take a Path of War martial tradition to get riven hourglass. I believe you are able to let your entitled allies use your RH maneuvers eventually. This will include extra actions.

For incanter, go hard into War. Take the squadron commander granting drawback at least. Marauding momentum is amazing offense, and resilient is great defense.

Take The Hermit from Fate. Give your allies their very own generic scaling boost. This does assume they don’t have tons of swift actions already. The motifs are good to look through. Long duration and they are fairly good effects.

Protection and a focus on greater barrier will give you wall of force at low level. It’s pretty good control. Nature fog mages don’t work well until very high levels sadly.

Enhancement may be dull, but you can lay out some greater magic weapon (without the DR clause) stuff with it easy. The energy weapon with two option talent is quite potent as well. Especially for archers/twf-ers. Grabbing the advanced talent for sonic and force damage is just silly.

Blowing a feat or two on Alchemy is decent as well. Grab alchemical coating and make move-action damage buffs for your companions.

Time/group time/ranged time/steal time. Great, but expensive, action control. Advanced talents include copying yourself and retraining in 10 minutes.

Warp is great BFC. But for your team. Group/ranged warp/quick means your first move action can be to chess master your allies into position. War has some stuff that boosts flanking. And if you don’t mind being close, the drawback where you can only make totems as an aura grants easy access to swift action auras.

If you decide to get the time specialization as an incanter, I’d go sphere wizards instead. Another option it witch and taking cackle, fortune, evil eyes, etc. There’s an SoP hex that grants a talent that changes every day as well.

Finally, divination has divine future that gives you a pseudo inspiration you can share.

Ramza00
2022-06-16, 12:35 AM
Finally, divination has divine future that gives you a pseudo inspiration you can share.
Oh Thank God! I been spoiled by the Psionic Equivalent of this which is called Mind Palace (that is 1 pp plus Immediate Action for 1d4, and +X D4 for every additional 2X PP) So if I am reading this correctly that a CL 05 I get 2d4+2Avg 7 extra to any skill point, save, initiative, etc as long as I spend 1 Min after combat refreshing and paying attention to the environment, and at CL 10 it is now 3D4+3Avg 10.5? God I love to have crutches like this.

This is exactly what I need wanted and over rely tricks like this. Please keep it coming and feel free to throw out ideas from several spheres. I am taking it all in and enjoy the ideas so far, but I am in doing so in a circular fashion learning more of what feels familiar and circling around a build idea.

-----

So if I understand Incanter correctly I can get 5 Specialization Choices, and thus can pick Sphere Divination for 3 SP giving me the Divination Sphere and a +1 CL Boost, but also 3 abilities with

Forewarned (initiative boost plus act in every surprise round, with the Defensive Strategist religion trait I also can't be flat footed and thus get an immediate action spider sense)
Foretell where everyone near me gets a +2 or -2 Luck to almost everything
It will never get to level 20 but there is Perfect Knowledge

That leaves 2 Specializations or Bonus Feat left, which I can use for the Tactics plus War Domain (help my Allies go first and flexible combat feat / martial sphere) and Nobility Domain for the Leadership Sphere and a Cohort.

-----

Flavor wise I am thinking about an Orphan Noble do DUNE but different flavor. A small halfling Aasimar whose Dad was a Djinn / Air Genie. A wis based Incanter full on one side // Sphere Rajah with a 4 level Dip into Arcanist and Witch to get some Mutable / Flexible Talents.

Four main components of this build is what I am seeing so far.

1) The Leadership Companion is for my Air side of my Aasimar Nature and is a Medium "Mount" that carries me everywhere, flies, and can throw up an Air Wall with Crusader Shield Veils. (Since it is a separate creature my Air Side it is not limited to Rajah Veils.) This Mount is mainly for mobility and defense, but the Mount part of the Companion sphere means I can treat both of us as a single character space on the board. I sit in a big shield that my Air Elemental carries around like a magic carpet. At later levels the Leadership Companion can grab Mobius Strip for itself, but also veils that thethird suggested such as Barrier of Blood (for Temp HP), and Dark Heart (for Essence Improvement which I think stacks with Capacity Increase.) Companion can also take Warp Sphere for teleport and flight of me and him. (Still haven't done the counting / restriction of ideas. I am in the idea generative not pruning headspace.)
2) Rajah Path of War Maneuver stuff tied to Riven Hourglass with Temporal Body Adjustment, Gift of Time, etc including the Resolute Veils for a few of my allies (free rerolls for a psionic focus), and Mandate as an in combat save again / action user. Likewise get Radiant Dawn as well. The other 3 classes of Maneuvers I am less wed to and I will figure it out while doing it.
3) Flavor of my character is I am thinking of Playing Paul Atreides type figure who sees multiple views of reality, is WisdomPerception and Sense Motive based, and is tripping off his head with mood swings but actually is a nice NG guy. (Low Int and Cha, High Wis.) Besides seeing the future, divination, luck, modifying time, giving momentum to allies, etc.
4) Has a single blast shape in Destruction which is Energy Wall and a single blast type with Crystal Blast. Use Drawbacks with this limiting my Destruction Sphere option. Also can Admixture this with Time Sphere stuff. Flavor wise this is rose petals(Name of the Rose 🌹) for all matter in time and space is constantly changing / flowing / flux and instead of seeing the world as Fire like Hera****us I see Time as Matter Unfolding like Rosebud and a little Byakuya Kuchiki from Bleach.
5) Any other Buffing / Commander stuff which I still have not figured out yet.

Thanks everyone so far :smallsmile: still figuring out ideas, still learning the system. Yes I am overtuning this character (thus the Gestalt) but I want to see how capable Spheres of Power can be in the level 7 to 13 range (maybe level 15.)

*laughs* I do not know Tarot cards lore but the Fate Sphere with the Hermit Motiff and The Desert / The Empty Throne flavor sure does sound like DUNEdoesn't it? The Desert, the lost prince, healing and recovery with understanding how the world works before re-attachment?

Edit: sorry for the length but I forgot one last thing to ask which is a question. So if I understand correctly I can swap my Martial Weapon Proficiency Rajah gives for a Sphere of Might Martial Tradition and thus gain some proficiencies (usually 4) such as the Daring Scholar tradition (quarterstaff plus scout sphere) or one of the Leadership Spheres? Is this correct, no other feat or class dip needed just trade MWP for things like Bastard Sword and exchange I can get a SoM Martial Tradition?

StSword
2022-06-16, 02:24 AM
Yes, as long as a class comes with proficiency with all martial weapons or proficiency with at least one exotic weapon you can trade it out for a martial tradition.

And you get to keep simple weapons, light armor, and bucklers, if a class gives you proficiency with those.

Kitsuneymg
2022-06-16, 07:22 AM
Oh Thank God! I been spoiled by the Psionic Equivalent of this which is called Mind Palace (that is 1 pp plus Immediate Action for 1d4, and +X D4 for every additional 2X PP) So if I am reading this correctly that a CL 05 I get 2d4+2Avg 7 extra to any skill point, save, initiative, etc as long as I spend 1 Min after combat refreshing and paying attention to the environment, and at CL 10 it is now 3D4+3Avg 10.5? God I love to have crutches like this.

I think it’s (1d4) + 1/5 cl. So at 5 it’s d4+1. At 10 is d4+2 etc. but you can give it to others. And if you take the talent 5 times, every time you spend a minute OR standard & sp, u get 5 uses of it.

There’s a mind talent (inspiration) that allows 1/day/person +2 as immediate for free. Or spend a sp and 2d4. Or take the access talent and spend 2 sp for 2d4 + 1/2Cl. That seems closer to your paionic one.

Fate has a motif that allows for some number of charges that can be added to rolls. The whole effect can be expended at once for a larger boost.

War’s Empower rally has some hilarious interaction with morale boosting effects. Community minded is a great one. There’s also some effects that boost the amount of a morale effect, but I’m not recalling their names ATM. There’s also a momentum that grants 1d6 to a roll for 2 points. Momentum is fairly cheap, so I like it.

If you take 3 specialization points, you give up 7 bonus feats, including your level 1 feat. Imo sphere wizard is better at this point. They get the spec for free, arcane bond, scribe scroll, and bonus feats. Also access to Wizard Discoveries.

Both get the two free talents when they first learn casting, and two talents every odd level/1 every even. So you’d have your divination talent, and 4 bonus ones in either case.

Yes. You can drop “all martial weapons” to gain a SoM martial tradition. (PoW uses that game term as well, which is why I’m particular about it.) This usually two equipment talents and 1 talent from two other spheres. Players are encouraged to work with a GM to make their own. There’s no hard rules, but 2 equipment/athletics and two others from different spheres seems to be a good guideline.

The equipment sphere “customized training” can grant any two exotic and one martial. Many disciplines grant groups of proficiencies. For bastard sword/Estoc, you want duelist or one of the one handed sword groups. If you’re going to make you magic tradition have somatic twice, then unarmored training seems good to me.

Ramza00
2022-06-18, 03:32 PM
Doing some more reading, having fun, thinking of ideas.

So if I am reading Unwilling Companion Correctlyand this is cheese the line of thought I am thinking., the total HD is your Caster Level and max at your HD instead of 3/4 HD per caster level for your summons. The downside is the Unwilling Companion gets a frequent Will Saves or it can disobey and seek revenge on you. Well your Save DC is going to be 10+half your Caster Level+ Relevant Ability Modifier. You can pick a companion with a bad will save and thus if my math is correct…

an Avian Mage Companion such as a Raven or Angelic Outsider Will only have a Will Save of +2 at HD08 / CL08.
Meanwhile your Save DC is 10+half of 8th caster level+Ability Modifier. Thus an abilities modifier of +8 aka an Int, Wis, Cha of 26 which is doable at HD08 means the Avian Companion only succeeds on a natural 20. A 5% chance.

Is there any permanent curse effects as items or magic in spheres to force enemies to Reroll saves on a permanent basis? I know Curse of Befouled Fortune exists in traditional pathfinder and it is a 3rd level spell, and thus a scroll would only cost 375 gp. Anything similar which is sphere based on its own?

Kitsuneymg
2022-06-18, 11:24 PM
Doing some more reading, having fun, thinking of ideas.

So if I am reading Unwilling Companion Correctlyand this is cheese the line of thought I am thinking., the total HD is your Caster Level and max at your HD instead of 3/4 HD per caster level for your summons. The downside is the Unwilling Companion gets a frequent Will Saves or it can disobey and seek revenge on you. Well your Save DC is going to be 10+half your Caster Level+ Relevant Ability Modifier. You can pick a companion with a bad will save and thus if my math is correct…

an Avian Mage Companion such as a Raven or Angelic Outsider Will only have a Will Save of +2 at HD08 / CL08.
Meanwhile your Save DC is 10+half of 8th caster level+Ability Modifier. Thus an abilities modifier of +8 aka an Int, Wis, Cha of 26 which is doable at HD08 means the Avian Companion on succeeds on a natural 20. A 5% chance.

Is there any permanent curse effects as items or magic in spheres to force enemies to Reroll saves on a permanent basis? I know Curse of Befouled Fortune exists in traditional pathfinder and it is a 3rd level spell, and thus a scroll would only cost 375 gp. Anything similar which is sphere based on its own?

Sure. Fate sphere has you covered. There are a number of Curse words in fate. The kinda generic disadvantage one is below. There’s an advanced talent that makes it permanent instead of round/level.

When an enemy within range is making an attack roll, skill check, ability score check, or saving throw, you may spend a spell point as an immediate action to force that target to make the roll twice and take the lower result. You must use this word before the roll in question is made.

Prerequisites: Fate sphere (at least one [curse] (word) talent), caster level 10th.

When you spend a spell point to allow a word with the [curse] descriptor to continue without concentration, you may spend an additional 2 spell points to increase the duration to permanent. A permanent curse cannot be dispelled, but it may be broken through the Break Enchantment Life talent, as well as spells such as break enchantment, limited wish, miracle, remove curse, or wish. You may remove a permanent curse that you placed on a target as a standard action as long as the target is within your word range.

Ramza00
2022-06-30, 01:37 PM
So I been busy, life is stressful, but reading has been fun even if I feel so disorganized and non linear with my thought processes.

Can someone explain to me how Advanced Cohorts Legendary talent of the Leadership Sphere works? I get confused reading it.

Perhaps with an example of the Cloud Sprite (CR 2) from the Sphere Bestiary. How much Diplomacy ranks would one need to recruit them, and what is the progression of one wants to advanced the cohort?

(Lastly this may be an oversight but Cloud Sprite stuns with their electric blast with no SP cost, is that right?)