PDA

View Full Version : The Wordomancer - spell ideas

Seward
2022-06-13, 02:19 PM
What is a Wordomancer? Probably a sorcerer, maybe a wizard with a restricted spellbook. Possibly a Divine Caster with Rune domain who only prays for these spells (and preferably the ability to cast from the domain spontaneously rather than the usual cure/inflict/summon nature ally type options).

Here's my criteria.

Edit - this category now belongs to Terse the Sorcerer, below. Eliminated from the remaining spell list.
0. Spells cast with a single word. Must be verbal only, must either be swift action/immediate action or specified in the text to be a single word (as in the Power Word spells, or the Command spell). Eschew materials and still spell opened this list up some, and artistic license taken on spells where text didn't say if it was one word or many.

1. Spells that involve writing. Erase, Explosive Runes, Sepia Spell Sigil, the Symbol line. Somatic and material components are explicitly the act of writing the spell.

2. Might accept anything else with writing in the flavor if not on a surface. I dunno, you inscribe glowing runes in the air and XXX happens.

What's out there, by level? Have narrowed focus to sor/wiz, as the character doing this will be a geometer. If scribed via scribe scroll or created on a spellglyph by the Geometer, he can cast anything in his spell book. Prepared as a slot normally, it has to be something from the below list. Staying away from Exalted spells, or their opposite.

bold = Provided by Geometer.
Arcane Disciple Pact Domain
Dragon Magazine Source

Below spells should be taken on level up in priority to any others.

L0 Arcane Mark, Amanuensis, Chalkboard

L1 Dispel Ward, Hidden Ward, Erase

L2 Create Magic Tattoo, Ghoul Glyph, False Life

L3 Glyph of Warding, Magic Circle Vs Alignment (inward directed trap version only), Explosive Runes, Illusory Script, Invoke the Cerulean Sign, Sepia Snake Sigil, Secret Page, Sign of Sealing

L4 <nope, none here yet>

L5 Evacuation Rune, Symbol of Spell Loss, Symbol of Pain, Symbol of Sleep, Stalwart Pact

L6 Greater Glyph of Warding, Greater Sign of Sealing, Symbol of Fear, Arrow of Bone, Zealot Pact

L7 Drawmij's Instant Summons, Symbol of Stunning, Symbol of Weakness, Renewal Pact

L8 Symbol of Death, Symbol of Insanity, Transcribe Symbol, Death Pact

L9 Refuge, Teleportation Circle

================

This person only speaks in phrases of 1-2 words and if spellcasting, those actions use up words. Where possible one of those words will be a single syllable word (swift action). Raven familiar handles normal speech interactions. Maybe takes something like drow sign language as one of his languages to communicate directly in a pinch.

Human (or any variant/race with an extra starting feat)
Sorcerer1-20, add Prc's to taste if point buy is high enough to have the skill points

Skills: Spellcraft to 12 ranks, Concentration maxxed. If you have extra skill points, buying UMD cross class is fine (regardless of how the item is activated, he'd do it with a word)

14 dex, 14 con, 16+ charisma, int to taste, some str might be desirable (I'll carry a tower shield and light armor with 0ACP routinely, never casting a spell with a somatic component, slinging tower shield if swimming, jumping, balancing or similar - if str is low enough that a tower shield is heavy load, consider dropping dex to 12 cause heavy load won't let you go higher than +1 dex)

Feats:
R>Eschew Materials
L1> Still spell
L3> Heighten Spell
L5 Domain Sorcerer (swap 1 spell from each spell level from spell known with a domain's spells usable 1/day at each level, get domain power)
Domination Domain (Living Greyhawk assigned this to all the "Art and beauty" type deities, but the nastier official ones work too)
L6> Metamagic School Focus Enchantment
L9> Rapid Metamagic
L12> Quicken spell
L15> Arcane mastery
L18> Maximize Spell

Spells (in order). Those in italics require using Still Spell to function. I prefer spells that have instant or have fixed behavior after casting, such as Light, and that's reflected in the choices.

Underlined spells come from the Domination domain.

Cantrips: L1: Light, Flare mending, daze; L2 Detect Poison L4Arcane Mark L6 Daze L8 Sonic Snap L10 Open/Close

Some cantrips are precursors to better spells known, taken more for that purpose than actual use (mage hand->unseen servant and Suggestion prepare the ground for Dominate Person, Sonic Snap> shout/shatter disrupt undead, open/close>Knock). Until metamagic school focus arrives at level 6 and burning a use for Daze, the only cantrips he can really cast with cantrip slots are Flare and Light. Expect Light to be used often. Most early cantrips are done assuming a non-adventuring day (eg, mending, arcane mark).

Level1: L1: Power Word Pain, Power Word Fatigue, L3 feather fall, L5 Command, L7 wave blessing
The Word: "Pain" "Tired" "Land", "<specific command>", "Float"

"Always works" spells are pretty good, although he has a weakness vs Undead. Feather fall and wave blessing do the same thing - save party members from landing in a hostile environment. All the "many word" spells come from his domain, I think they are hard for him without divine help. The domain spells are all a bit different from his usual stuff.

Level2: L4: Baleful Transposition, L5 Enthrall, l7 Blindness/Deafness, L9 Shatter, L11 Knock
The Word: "Swap", "Enthrall", "Blind" or "Deaf", "Shatter", "Unlock"

Enthrall involves breath control and saying "Enthraaaaaaaaall" for the duration. He is already used to metamagic-extending words for a full 6 seconds, by level 5 presumably this spell empowers him to keep saying the word for as long as he concentrates. Note that until level 9 this takes 2 full rounds to cast, and unless using metamagic school focus, takes a L3 slot, so he can't use it till level 6. Blind/Deaf at level 7 is a twofer - Blindness is an extension of long forgotten Flare, but that effect always came easy to him, and Deaf is a precursor to sonic snap>Shout/Shatter.

Level3: L6: Suggestion L7 Tongues L9 Halt L11 Halt Undead
The Word: "<one word suggestion>", "Linguist", "Halt", "Dead"

Suggestions are a halfway bridge to "greater command". He still has to give 1 word commands but they last hour/level or until "complete". Typical is "Flee, Disrobe (for a heavy armor enemy), Cooperate, Confess....find a 1 word thing that's reasonably open ended on when it "finishes" and you're good to go. Halt is my first swift action offensive spell, in line taking rapid metamagic and with Domination becoming my best single target stopper a level earlier, and leads to Halt Undead 2 levels later as it plus the "object interacting" spells like shatter and shout give him insight into how to freeze an object-creature like undead in its tracts. It is hard to translate to undead (as still spell bumps it to a L4 slot and it's a std action instead of swift).

Tongues is the precursor to dominate person, a proto-telepathic thing expressed as words, making the recipient able to get meaning from any words it hears and anybody they speak with grasp the meaning behind whatever is said. It also makes dominate spells much better just like any other spell either language dependent (either in description or in giving orders after)

Level4: L8 Dominate Person L9 Shout > L14 Flight of the Dragon L11 Assay Resistance L13 Ruin Delver's Fortune
The Word: "Slave", "Shout"> "Wings", "Boost", "Tough" (fort) "Quick" (reflex) "Firm" (will) "Hard" (temp hp)

Not much to say here. Shout because I have no direct damage before this and it's always good to have something to finish off nearly dead enemies or perhaps swarms. Also it is the level I take "Shatter". Assay Resistance because SR is getting to be a real problem with all those otherwise automatic power word spells . Ruin Delver's Fortune because it is a top tier spell that has single-word in its flavor description.

Level5: L10 Greater Command L11 Teleport L13 Cacaphonic Burst L15 Telepathic Bond
The Word: "[command]", "Teleport", "Thunderclap", "Mindlink"

L11 Benign Transposition transitions to its big brother teleport, L13 get real offense for the first time, paving way to swap out Shout at level 14, L15 finally learn to communicate with allies the way I do with dominated creatures.

Level6: L12 Geas/Quest, L13 Power Word Nauseate, L15 Probe Thoughts
The Word: "Geas", "Puke", "Exhausted", "Mindprobe"
Geas is a spell that works better if you first establish either dominate or later Telepathic bond. Without the telepathic instructions, Terse is limited to one-word "Geases" basically a Suggestion spell that lasts a lot longer but is more voluntary (you can accept injury/fatigue to ignore). Power words get better, Probe thoughts goes with Telepathic bond.

Level 7: L14Mass Suggestion, L15 Power Word Blind, L17 Waves of Exhaustion
The Word: "[one word suggestion", "Sightless", "Exhausted"
Waves of exhaustion is a much more effective power word fatigue, but also a much higher level spell. Power word fatigue still has a range advantage and can be quickened so it stays (as quickened power word fatigue+power word fatigue = exhausted - fatigue effects stack unless text says it does not). Blindness/Deafness remains as it can either be quickened, or heightened vs higher hitpoint targets.

Level 8: L16 True Domination, L17 Power word Stun, L19 Mindblank
"Thrall", "Stun", "Mindblank"

Mindblank is for all those jerks with spell reflection. By these levels Terse will have had bracers of arcane freedom for a long, long time, probably a half dozen in his haversack by now, so this will only burn a L8 slot.

Level 9: L18 Monstrous Thrall , Wail of the Banshee, Disjunction
"Pet", "Die", "Dispel"

If I want Power Word Kill, I cast maximized Cacophonic burst (90hp, reflex half) and it'll likely work better (immunity to sonic is very very rare, and any damage it does stacks with party damage). Or if they're close, and it is important they die right now maybe follow up with a quickened Shout. Wail of the Banshee is for all those jerks with evasion, or sometimes to get a larger area or a more sure kill on wizard types. Also for flavor. Disjunction because at level 20 it is a really good "screw you" to all those overbuffed Tier 1 characters with their big spell lists and permabuffs and crafting feats.

Needs to remain sorcerer till level 18 for the domain ACF to work without ambiguity. 18 isn't terrible, it is a BAB breakpoint and save breakpoint for all 3 saves. Fatespinner or Ruathar should be easy to get even with minimal intelligence. Wayfarer guide requires blowing 20 skill ranks on kn geography (Cross class) but is possible if you just really want enhanced capacity and range (just take 1st level). Spell Scion might work if you are into UA and Weapons of Legacy. If you swap out Maximize for something else a variety of other PRC options open up. If the GM rules you keep the domain spells even under PRCs you can exit early (and if he does not and lets you choose spells normally after exiting, the L16 and 18 choices are lackluster and level 11 or 12 both become an interesting point to PRC out)

If you have enough intelligence cross-class UMD is a good skill to take, it can let him use cheaper scrolls that aren't "command word spells" and of course branch out into other spell lists. His "word" for these is probably just "Activate" no matter what the item is.

Metamagic School Focus will tend to be used on domain slots which have a somatic component (about half of them) so that slots are used efficiently, especially if I am also trying to heighten an effect (say Enthrall or Dominate Person prior to L16 or Geas) for a harder saving throw. 3 uses per day should be plenty but are essential to use my top level domain spell if it has a somatic component so it's essential at L6.

This guy will be a debuff machine, with single target save spells used only when a no-save effect isn't available or an area-debuff effect isn't available. There are only a few utility buffs (baleful transposition, Tongues, feather fall, wave blessing, shatter, knock) until the pre-epic period where flight and teleport plus some telepathic effects appear). Expect him to invest in wands of whatever the party isn't getting from another caster (maybe haste or fly, probably glitterdust, certainly obscuring mist, maybe enlarge) and some scrolls of stuff he could cast but has not received on spell known yet and don't have saves. A staff isn't impossible someday. Beyond these command word consumables, he'll invest in the usual stuff - ring of protection, gloves dex, amulet of health, vest resistance, cloak of charisma, maybe a potion of barkskin or two for really hard fights. He'll enchant both his mithril chain shirt and his darkwood tower shield to +5 as well, using both nonproficient and not caring. Beyond the defensive items though, his WBL will be all about filling gaps in his spell list with command word items (consumables or possibly MIC-type command word slotted items, in slots he isn't using) The bracer slot isn't free, he'll have at least one and eventually several bracers of arcane freedom.

One odd bit of utility he'll have is heightened light, which will destroy any darkness field in the game from level 8+, and help out with most you encounter at lower levels. He has enough useful swift action spells that quicken is ok to push off till 12 (doing otherwise is hard on a sorcerer not using limited lower level fast-metamagic tricks than rapid metamagic). His still+heighten tendencies are enough to make him appreciate rapid metamagic at level 9 even without quicken.

L1-5 - unstoppable damage (if living) on badly wounded targets or fatigue timed to mess up charges, raging barbarians and the like is enough to carry Terse through baby levels, backed with L2 scrolls of "Word" spells from his future list (scrolls are verbal only), wands from the entire sor/wiz list. Level 1 itself will be awkward but at least his AC will be ok and he can do some minor utility by providing cover for actually decent ranged attackers, or maybe a flank. I might get some cantrip scrolls actually, for the ones that would blow a L1 spell slot if I cast them myself but might be useful in the very lowest levels, by L2 I should have a L1 wand to fall back on of some sort (what it is depends on party) but ideally good on stuff power words fail on. A wand of magic missiles CL5 will be a higher priority purchase as L5 approaches, as will my first set of Bracers of Arcane Freedom (otherwise known as cheaper, requires no hand but swift action burning+command word Rods of Greater Still Spell). Baleful Transposition is go-to utility vs all the stuff power words don't affect (mostly used on party members who go voluntarily, including the familiar. At level 5 he can muster a command spell and a heightened command spell to join his other tricks.

L6-10. The enchantment stuff is starting to seriously come online, as well as the vital Tongues spell, with a few branches in other directions (halt undead, sonic spells, blindness) to help out vs enchantment-immune critters. Wands that give options vs SR=no and immune-mind affecting critters are necessary (more likely buffs or cheaper battlefield control than attacks), although some sonic effects are starting to come on line that at least do power-word-pain level stuff to finish off bad guys or mess with objects.

L11-15 A variety of serious-status-inducing power words and AOE effects control this section, but a branch into telepathy for more than an empathic link or a domination-control-method comes on line at level 15, transposition advances to teleport at 14, plus Ruin Delver's fortune, an all purpose defensive "crap" button. Importantly Cacophonic Burst comes online at L14 (13 with bracers of arcane freedom) turning my direct damage into adequate from a sick joke, and Assay Resistance comes online at level 12, with arcane mastery at 15, giving me a way to punch through SR at cost of my swift action, L14 a long duration and quite fast fly comes online (by growing dragon wings with a command).

L16-20 AOEs and single target domain Dominates get better, power words and aoe disabling effects get better, with maximized cacophonic burst providing an adequate direct damage option. Mind Blank blocks basically everything he does that could be spell reflected and is also just generally useful, and at L20 Disjunction will be his most feared power, especially with arcane mastery to back it up.

Grey Elf. Elf wiz sub levels 1 and 3
Arcane disciple required by level 10. Pact Domain. L1 command, L2 shield other, L3 speak with dead, L4 divination, L9 gate

Destiny domain gives omen of peril, augury, delay death, stalwart pact, warp destiny, greater bestow curse, moment of prescience, choose destiny

Fate just adds mark of justice

mage arcane order after 5 levels geometer (L5 bonus cooperative spell?)

Alactritous cogitation
Arcane mastery, spell pen, greater spell pen

Kurald Galain
2022-06-13, 02:22 PM
The correct word (hah!) is Legimancer :smallamused:

H_H_F_F
2022-06-13, 02:40 PM
Vision of Punishment seems to work, and it's pretty nice, but it's a sanctified spell.

Kurald Galain
2022-06-13, 02:42 PM
This bard archetype (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/archetypes/paizo-bard-archetypes/sound-striker/) may be fitting. It deals damage by shouting words at people.

pabelfly
2022-06-13, 03:16 PM
Truenamer is an option if you want a challenge.

Seward
2022-06-13, 04:07 PM
Truenamer is an option if you want a challenge.

I don't want that much of a challenge. Honestly I'm leaning toward finding some thematic sorcerer mixes, and maybe combining the words and runes on a beguiler-type custom class, but not ruling out something like a domain spontaneity cleric with Rune domain and another domain that has a good L5 spell along these lines to fill the gap where I wouldn't use planar binding then just pick thematic spells to prep (several have Weird at L9, Tyranny has command+greater command. Something would work. That latter would be stronger on the inscriptions than the power word side of things, because sor/wiz has more of those.

I've never favored the inscribe-type spells, something I actually wanted to play would be more along the lines of the power words.

This bard archetype (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/archetypes/paizo-bard-archetypes/sound-striker/) may be fitting. It deals damage by shouting words at people.

I should have specified 3.5. Pathfinder1e would be a different list, at minimum, and as you say some of the archetypes would add quite a bit of flavor.

Vision of Punishment seems to work, and it's pretty nice, but it's a sanctified spell.
Not using anything with a focus for a power word spell. It's pure verbal or it's got a "write something on a surface" component if it contains somatic components and material or focus requirement.

Refuge uses a command word to activate, and you create an object to break, figured that was close enough. I'm undecided about contingency triggered by a spoken word. It's pretty similar to Refuge so probably that too, but both of those are only on a build that both creates runes and uses command words, since I'd flavor the contingency focus as you write the command word and spell effect on the focus when preparing the spell.

Most of this would be me limiting myself, where mechanically my cleric COULD prep any spell or spont cast inappropriate spells from his domain but DOES NOT. Ditto any wizard type build, where the sorcerer, as always, would know the subset she knows, but limit spells flavored like contingency to what makes sense for the theme.

Part of the appeal of the pure power word version is dispensing with any spell component pouch. I suppose still spell versions of VS swift spells would also work, or any spell with flavor like "with a word and a gesture" that was VS might work, but that needs a prep caster or one of the ways to speed up arcane casting and I don't want to clutter this list with those.

Hm...so.... Sorcerer power word build (seems like few enough to make a decent sorcerer list)

Wizard "does it all" build - a natural with a spellbook and all, but some of the best are cleric spells and things like Arcane Disciple have limits, although the Geometer gets Glyph of Warding and Greater Glyph.

Cleric Rune Domain+other build also gets scribe scroll which seems thematic.

Both wizard or cleric maybe can access the rest of their spell list if they scribe it on a scroll (but only if they scribe it themselves), but never prepare a nonthematic or cast it spontaneously? That could be pretty cool. Geometer might also be able to cast anything via spellglyphs.

"Why do you use scrolls of cure light wounds instead of a wand of cure light wounds"
"They cost less per casting"
"Why don't you just spont cast it?"
"I can't".
"So you channel negative energy?"
"No, I turn undead"
"You know you can prep cures in domain slots if you have domain spontaneity?"
"You could if you were not me."

Entertaining as that is, I suspect Wizard/Geometer is the way to go for the one who does inscriptions and nothing else (because all wizard spells can become inscriptions once you are geometer). First five levels would be challenging, but managed by using Scribe Scroll, because you won't wow anyone with Arcane Mark, Amanuensis, Erase, Create Magic Tattoo and Ghoul Glyph. You will want to use L1 cash on some scrolls that you "scribed" before play. At least at L5 explosive runes and snake sigil give you some offensive punch, if Secret Page is a lot less exciting.

This would be a Writomancer.

Sorcerer for a pure "Word of power" dude, an actual Wordomancer

Rune Domain Cleric if you're trying to do both.

Just need one more idea to make a whole party of Wordomancers.

Dimers
2022-06-13, 10:02 PM
The material component of false life involves a drawn sigil.
Scholar's touch reads books super quickly.
Identify will tell you an item's command word.
Anathema and mark of the unfaithful share a written focus component.
Arcane seal doesn't specify whether it's written, but as an aside, it does report passage using a single word.
The fluff for baleful transposition, unfettered grasp and righteous exile claim they're single-word. So does Vecna's malevolent whisper, which goes so far as to say it's a proto-Power Word spell.
I'm very much of the mind that the SC Pact spells -- Stalwart/Renewal/Death/Zealot Pact -- are written contracts. The 10 minute cast time supports that interpretation.
Dimension jumper and grace are swift-action, V only, and described as using a single word. Immediate assistance, lightfoot, warning shout, stay the hand and insightful feint say "words" but otherwise fit your criteria.
You probably don't want dread word. It's described as using Dark Speech, which has no written form. But if you're cool with that, it's V only and single-word. Ditto exalted fury with Words of Creation (but that one sucks anyway, spells you cast shouldn't kill you).
Suspended silence, stone walk and stone trap are triggered with a single command word.
Runes are the fluff for loyal vassal.
Runic marker explicitly bears writing.
The more tricksy version of trap the soul uses written words.
If you're counting holy word and its counterparts, there's also word of balance. Words of the kami is equivalent but says "words" in both the name and the description.

Not that there's a ton of necromancy on the list, but Black Lore of Moil feat certainly fits the theme.

Even if you're not interested in truenamer class, there are several spells that involve making Truespeak checks that aren't related to truenamers. And there are probably some monsters in the ToM that you'd want to research summoning/calling spells for.

If you end up homebrewing a class, Speak Language and Truespeak should definitely be class skills. Plus Perform (poetry slam), Craft (calligraphy), et cetera.

'Course, the character would be absolutely required to be illumian. Maybe an undead illumian, so she can spellstitch herself.

StSword
2022-06-13, 10:15 PM
If you are up to using third party material, Rogue Genius Games has "Power Word Spells: Lore of the First Language."

It adds 20 new power word spells, and some feats for casting power words, like Master of the First Language that allows you to sacrifice prepared spells to spontaneously cast power word spells like a cleric can with cure spells.

Seward
2022-06-13, 10:20 PM
Thanks Dimer. I found the obvious ones but this helps a lot. Good catch on Baleful Transposition "with a word". I stopped after reading Benign transposition "arcane words", assuming the fluff either wouldn't exist or would be similar.

The command word-only version and the "scribe stuff only" version are both weak due to lack of options in lower levels and this helps tremendously.

On a related note...if I do split it up, the "Word" sorcerer would be able to use wands (command words) but not scrolls with the whole wiz/sor spell list and could only cast spells that are verbal single words. Whether or not I'll expand possibilities with still spell or eschew materials depends on how rich and useful the "word only" spells are from the verbal list. It's still a bit thin on the ground, and I'll probably need still spell in any event just to use the 9 cantrips sorcerers learn. (Flare is the only pure V spell, and Light is the only other as VM) Not caring about arcane spell failure, he'd wear 0 ACP armor and enchant it rather than using typical mage armor type stuff, and carry a tower shield (slinging it when ACP matters, like doing a balance check), both nonproficient.

Meanwhile the "Write" geometer could cast any spell from his spellbook that he either wrote into a scroll himself or scribed on a spellglyph, but could only cast a spell normally if it involved physically scribing words or a rune etc on something. He'll be prepping arcane mark a lot until spellglyphs come on line.

It seems like fun. At some point when I have more time I'll break out the list into those two categories and include your contribution at that time. Maybe I'll do some builds later too, after giving a bit of time for more information I didn't think of to come in and add options.

A homebrew warmage type wordomancer class might offload the obvious divinations (read magic, identify, comprehend languages) to SLAs or even "at will" abilities separate from the core spell list, but would let me add stuff from divine+arcane spell lists in a way that worked well. Such a class would not have the special dispensation to cast any sor/wiz spell with the appropriate spell trigger/completion item but probably would toss in craft scroll as a class ability somewhere. Maybe homebrew a cantrip version of identify that does nothing but give command words for magic items (say it and you'll find out what it does...)

Rebel7284
2022-06-13, 11:34 PM
The DMG witch class sets some precedent for a thematic sorcerer with spells from other sources. So it becomes better supported than most homebrew.

Seward
2022-06-14, 02:35 AM
Been a while since I gave Witch a look. I'll check it out.

Thurbane
2022-06-14, 03:54 AM
A lot of these have already been mentioned, but here's a quick list from me: I'll add more as I get time...

Alarm
Amanuensis
Analyze Portal
Arcane Mark
Bothersome Babble
Chalkboard
Comprehend Languages
Create Magic Tattoo
Dispel Ward
Dissonant Chant
Dread Word
Erase
Evacuation Rune
Explosive Runes
Familiar Pocket
Fang Trap
Force Chest
Gemjump
Ghoul Glyph
Hidden Ward
Illusory Script
Instant Summons
Invoke the Cerulean Sign
Know Vulnerabilities
Maddening Whispers
Magic Circle against Chaos
Magic Circle against Evil
Magic Circle against Good
Magic Circle against Law
Portal Alarm
Power Word Blind
Power Word Deafen
Power Word Disable
Power Word Distract
Power Word Fatigue
Power Word Kill
Power Word Maladroit
Power Word Nauseate
Power Word Pain
Power Word Petrify
Power Word Sicken
Power Word Stun
Power Word Weaken
Read Magic
Refuge
Refusal
Scholar's Touch
Secret Page
Sepia Snake Sigil
Sign of Sealing
Sign of Sealing, Greater
Speak to Allies
Speaking Stones
Suppress Glyph
Suspended Silence
Symbol of Death
Symbol of Fear
Symbol of Insanity
Symbol of Pain
Symbol of Persuasion
Symbol of Sleep
Symbol of Stunning
Symbol of Weakness
Tongues
Transcribe Symbol
Trap the Soul
Watchware
Whispercast
Whispering Sand
Whispering Wind

remetagross
2022-06-14, 11:23 AM
The correct word (hah!) is Legimancer :smallamused:

How about that? :smallsmile: where does "Legi" come from? I seem to remember "mancer" is of Greek root, so "Legi" would be too? (honest question)

Seward
2022-06-14, 12:09 PM
I'd think Legomancer if we're going greek.

legó: to say
Original Word: λέγω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: legó
Phonetic Spelling: (leg'-o)
Definition: to say
Usage: (denoting speech in progress), (a) I say, speak; I mean, mention, tell, (b) I call, name, especially in the pass., (c) I tell, command.