PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Reunion after a loooong time, asking for a checkup of my lvl 8 warlock. <3

HoboKnight
2022-06-15, 12:30 PM
So, about two years ago, we have finished a campaign, when 2 of our group members have moved like 10.000 miles to start a new business. Things did not go so great for them, pandemia and all, but they have now returned for a month and ofc, since we played together a lot, there is a Session planned by our old DM.
At the time, I was, as a challenge for me, playing a warlock. Pact of the chain, scouting(My Imp), eldritch-blasting and spending those 2 spell slots to rule or fizzle during combat. Good times.

2 years have passed and I'm struggling to place together a proper warlock. It's like I'd take a racing car for a spin after 2 years in garage. So I have a request. Out of respect for my DM, I do not want for something to be missing from my char sheet, so I'm posting it here.

If anyone here is well-versed in warlocks, I'd appreciate a checkup. Thanks!

Magic items: Rod of Pactkeeper, Broom of Flying, Mithral shirt

Female Tiefling Urchin Warlock 8 Chaotic Neutral
Str 8(-1) Dexterity 13 (+1) Constitution 14(+2) Intelligence 11 (+0) Wisdom 12 (+1) Charisma 19(+4)
Init +1 Darkvision (see 60 feet black-and-white in pitch-dark, in Imp 120)
HP: 59 Spd: 30 ft
AC: 14 = 10 + 3 [mithral shirt] + 1 [dexterity] Resistance to fire damage, Lucky Feat
SAVES: Str -1, Dex +1, Con +2 Int +0 Wis +4 Cha +7 Level 6: Dark Ones Own Luck -- once per encounter, add a d10 to a rolled save or ability check.
Proficiency bonus: +3
Attack (handheld / thrown): + 2 = -1 [strength] + 3 [proficiency]
Attack (missile / finesse): + 4 = + 1 [dexterity] + 3 [proficiency]
Insight (passive): 11 (16 with advantage)
Investigation (passive): 10 (15 with advantage)
Perception (passive): 11 (16 with advantage)

Languages: Common, Infernal

Unarmed strike [+2 to hit; 1-1 bludgeoning]
Crossbow, light [+4 to hit; 1d8+1 piercing, 6 lb, ammunition (range 80/320), loading, two-handed]
Mithral shirt [light; + 3 AC; 10 lb.]
Eldritch blast: 120 ft range, 2 beams, +7 to hit, 1d10+7 force dmg, Level 1: Dark Ones Blessing -- on reducing enemy to 0 hp, gain temporary hp equal to your charisma modifier plus warlock level (7+8)

IMP Tiny Fiend (Devil), LE, AC 13, HP 10 (3d4 + 3) Spd 20, Fly 40
STR6(-2) DEX17(+3) CON13(+1) INT11(+0) WIS 12(+1) CHA14(+2)
Skills Deception +4, Insight +3, Persuasion +4, Stealth +5
Damage Resistances Cold; Bludgeoning, Piercing, and Slashing from Nonmagical Attacks that aren't Silvered
Damage Immunities Fire, Poison
Condition Immunities Poisoned
Senses Darkvision 120 ft., Passive Perception 11
Languages Common, Infernal
Challenge 1 (200 XP)
Proficiency Bonus +2
Shapechanger. The imp can use its action to polymorph into a beast form that resembles a rat (speed 20 ft.), a raven (20 ft., fly 60 ft.), or a spider (20 ft., climb 20 ft.), or back into its true form. Its statistics are the same in each form, except for the speed changes noted. Any equipment it is wearing or carrying isn't transformed. It reverts to its true form if it dies.
Devil's Sight. Magical darkness doesn't impede the imp's darkvision.
Magic Resistance. The imp has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
Actions
Sting (Bite in Beast Form). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d4 + 3) piercing damage, and the target must make a DC 11 Constitution saving throw, taking 10 (3d6) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
Invisibility. The imp magically turns invisible until it attacks or until its concentration ends (as if concentrating on a spell). Any equipment the imp wears or carries is invisible with it.

Feats:
Lucky
Source: Player's Handbook
You have inexplicable luck that seems to kick in at just the right moment.
You have 3 luck points. Whenever you make an attack roll, an ability check, or a saving throw, you can spend one luck point to roll an additional d20. You can choose to spend one of your luck points after you roll the die, but before the outcome is determined. You choose which of the d20s is used for the attack roll, ability check, or saving throw.
You can also spend one luck point when an attack roll is made against you. Roll a d20 and then choose whether the attack uses the attacker's roll or yours.

If more than one creature spends a luck point to influence the outcome of a roll, the points cancel each other out; no additional dice are rolled.
You regain your expended luck points when you finish a long rest.

Skill Name

Acrobatics Dex 1 = +1
Animal Handling Wis 1 = +1
Arcana Int 3 = +0 + 3
Athletics Str -1 = -1
Deception Cha 7 = +4 + 3
History Int 0 = +0
Insight Wis 1 = +1
Intimidation Cha 7 = +4 + 3
Investigation Int 0 = +0
Medicine Wis 1 = +1
Nature Int 0 = +0
Perception Wis 1 = +1
Performance Cha 4 = +4
Persuasion Cha 7 = +4 + 3
Religion Int 0 = +0
Sleight of Hand Dex 1 = +1
Stealth Dex 1 = +1
Survival Wis 1 = +1

The DC to resist your spells is 8 + proficiency bonus + your charisma modifier = 8+3+4 = 15
2 SPELL SLOTS Lvl 4
At warlock level 8, Svetla knows 3 warlock cantrips.
Mark Svetla's Warlock Cantrip(s) here:
Eldritch Blast (+Agonizing Blast)
Minor Illusion
Thaumaturgy cantrip (Tiefling)
Prestidigitation

At warlock level 8, Svetla knows 9 warlock spells.
Choices may include Svetla's pact spell options.

Mark Svetla's First Level Warlock spells here:
1. Arms of Hadar
2. Hex
3. Unseen Servant
Level 3: Hellish Rebuke 1/day

Mark Svetla's Second Level Warlock spells here:
4.Darkness (Devil's sight)
5. Invisibility
6. Mirror Image
Level 5: Darkness 1/day

Mark Svetla's Third Level Warlock spells here:
7. Counterspell
8. Hypnotic Pattern

Mark Svetla's Fourth Level Warlock spells here:
9. Banishment

At warlock level 8, Svetla knows 4 warlock invocations.
Check Svetla's chosen invocations here.
Mask of Many Faces
You can cast Disguise Self at will, without expending a spell slot.
Agonizing Blast
Prerequisite: Eldritch Blast cantrip
When you cast Eldritch Blast, add your Charisma modifier to the damage it deals on a hit.
Voice of the Chain Master
Prerequisite: Pact of the Chain feature
You can communicate telepathically with your familiar and perceive through your familiar's senses as long as you are on the same plane of existence. Additionally, while perceiving through your familiar's senses, you can also speak through your familiar in your own voice, even if your familiar is normally incapable of speech.
Devil's Sight
You can see normally in darkness, both magical and nonmagical, to a distance of 120 feet.

Check any games with which Svetla is proficient:
Dragon Chess, Three Dragon Ante
Check any other tools with which Svetla is proficient:
Disguise kit, Healer's kit, Thieves' tools

Svetla's Equipment:
Crossbow bolts (quiver of 20) x 1

Backpack
Bedroll
Candles x 5
Clothing change x 2
Rations (1 day) x 5

Waterskins x 1

Disguise kit (proficient)
Spell component pouch
Thieves' tools (proficient)
_____
57 lb
Total

Willie the Duck
2022-06-15, 12:52 PM
What Patron?

Dualight
2022-06-15, 01:01 PM
Dark One's own Luck is mentioned in the features, so Fiend.
Dark One's Blessing , the 1st level feature, is missing though.

Urbanmech
2022-06-15, 01:06 PM
Your EB attack roll should be at least +8 due to your Rod the of the Pact Keeper. Your EB damage should be 1d10+4 as you don’t add your proficiency bonus to damage.

Keravath
2022-06-15, 01:10 PM
The only things I noticed looking through the sheet are that the damage from Agonizing Blast is d10+4 and not d10+7 - proficiency does not get added to damage on attacks, only the stat bonus.

I'm guessing you are a fiend pact warlock since it fits the theme? :)

However, this may be a problem since warlocks only have proficiency with light armor and a mithril shirt is usually medium armor. From the 13AC, I am guessing it is a mithril chain shirt so your character isn't proficient with it, unless the DM made an exception.

-----

It looks like your character was created using the standard array scores 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15 with a +2 in charisma and a +1 in int with starting stats of 8 13 14 10+1 12 15+2.

You then took the Lucky feat and boosted charisma by 2 to 19.

I don't know if you can change things at all ... however, instead of +2 charisma for the other ASI, you would have likely been better off with a +1 charisma and +1 dex to have 8 14 14 11 12 18 instead of 8 13 14 11 12 19. It gives the same charisma modifier but better dex - and will still only require one ASI to get 20 charisma. Also, if your DM is using the newer character customization options, then you might be able to move the +1 in int to dex or somewhere it might be more useful. Anyway, if allowed, there are a few little tweaks that might be good without fundamentally changing the character.

HoboKnight
2022-06-15, 01:18 PM
What Patron?
The Fiend. And thanks sooo much to all. Really appreciated.