PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Ki-Empowered Srikes

MrStabby
2022-06-16, 07:31 PM
Now maybe I missed something... bu do Ki-Empowered strikes actually do anything?

As far as I can tell, I havent found anything with any kind of resistance/immunity to being punched by a level 5 monk. Sure things have "immunity to bludgeoning, piercing and slashing from non-magical weapons" but the PHB makes unarmed strikes explicitly not weapons. What is this actually used for?

LudicSavant
2022-06-16, 07:36 PM
Now maybe I missed something... bu do Ki-Empowered strikes actually do anything?

As far as I can tell, I havent found anything with any kind of resistance/immunity to being punched by a level 5 monk. Sure things have "immunity to bludgeoning, piercing and slashing from non-magical weapons" but the PHB makes unarmed strikes explicitly not weapons. What is this actually used for?

It says "bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from non-magical attacks" not "non-magical weapons."

OvisCaedo
2022-06-16, 07:38 PM
If you have an older copy of the monster manual, I think the exact wording got errata'd at some point?

MrStabby
2022-06-16, 07:40 PM
It says "bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from non-magical attacks" not "non-magical weapons."

Not in my book.

Looking at the monster manual for say Werebear (MM P208) "damage Immunities: bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from non magical weapons that aren't silvered"

MrStabby
2022-06-16, 07:43 PM
If you have an older copy of the monster manual, I think the exact wording got errata'd at some point?

Ah right - I thought I had checked my copy of the errata as well. It turns out there were two more errata published since then and it was changes in 2016.

Thanks.

LudicSavant
2022-06-16, 10:15 PM
Not in my book.

Your book is no longer accurate. :smalltongue: