PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Looking for Armor Enhancements

Gideon Falcon
2022-06-17, 07:55 PM
I've been working on a Homebrew character optimization project with a friend of mine for a while, and something that's come up is the dearth of good Armor Enhancement abilities. The character I'm working on has access to a number of points of effective enhancement bonus to spend on Armor Special Abilities, but the majority of actual armor enhancements in core are set gold costs, not based on enhancement bonus. More than that, they're all pretty much irrelevant due to the other resources this character has at their disposal.

So I turned to Homebrew. Problem was, I can't find hardly any homebrew armor enhancements, at least not with my level of google-fu. I could make some myself, but I'm trying to keep such things down to small, reasonable stretches (cross-class feats, etc).

Does anybody know of some good ones, or places where I might be able to find some?

Morphic tide
2022-06-17, 10:15 PM
To be clear, you looked at just Core, right? Here's a thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?445923-Saving-from-WOTC-Forum-The-3-5-Armor-and-Shield-thread) going over basically all the official ones, for further reference of extant effects.

First thought would be a property reducing CL of effects targeting the wearer, which would be extremely pricy by precedent given the amount of effects it functionally combines. School or descriptor specific may be demanded to make a decent rate. For an actually-worth-paying-for anti-magic property that stacks with the pathetic Spell Resistance.

Gideon Falcon
2022-06-17, 11:01 PM
Good to know. It is an Epic level project, so cost can get pretty high before it's really an issue.

Gideon Falcon
2022-06-20, 12:02 PM
I should also add that, if anything, I'm looking for something to help protect against Ability Damage/Drain, since that's one of the character's few remaining weak spots, or anything that can boost ability DCs (though that's probably beyond the scope of Armor Enhancements).

Alabenson
2022-06-20, 12:15 PM
I should also add that, if anything, I'm looking for something to help protect against Ability Damage/Drain, since that's one of the character's few remaining weak spots, or anything that can boost ability DCs (though that's probably beyond the scope of Armor Enhancements).

Sounds like you might want to look at the soulfire enchantment from Book of Exalted Deeds. Its a +4 enchantment that grants immunity to death spells and energy drain. I consider it a must-have on any high-level character.

Gideon Falcon
2022-06-20, 12:32 PM
Sounds like you might want to look at the soulfire enchantment from Book of Exalted Deeds. Its a +4 enchantment that grants immunity to death spells and energy drain. I consider it a must-have on any high-level character.

I'm aware of that one. It's close, but the character already has immunity to death effects and level loss. Thanks for telling me, though.