PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Brainstorming: Way to multiply Lurk Augments

DivineOnTheMind
2022-06-19, 10:02 PM
I'm looking at the Lurk's Mental Assault, which is this big flashy potentially breakable ability, but whose numbers are *just* too low for me to make it work for what I want.

Leading me to ask:
Is there a way to deliver two doses of the same Mental Assault augment in one turn?

Lurk's Augment Ability:

Beginning at 1st level, a lurk can augment her melee attack by selecting an ability from her available lurk augments. Her level determines the abilities available for her to use (see Table: Lurk Augments By Level). In some cases, she can also use power points to increase the power of her lurk augment. The power of the lurk augment lasts for 1 round or until the lurk's next attack. If that attack misses, that use is wasted.

Using a lurk augment is a swift action. When powering an augment with power points, a lurk cannot spend more total power points than her lurk level on any single lurk augment. A lurk can use her lurk augments a total number of times per day equal to her lurk level + her Int modifier.

At 10th level, a lurk can choose two augments from the list in the same swift action. Both augments count against her daily total. The total power points spent on the augments is still limited to her manifester level. For example, an 11th-level lurk could choose to include a mental assault and a solid strike in her attack, and spend a total of 11 power points between the two abilities.

At 18th level, a lurk can choose three augments from the list in the same swift action, which counts as three against her daily limit. The total power points spent is still limited to her manifester level.

Lurk Augment, Ranged feat

You can apply the following lurk augments to your ranged attack: Additional sneak attack, solid strike, ignore concealment, mental assault, deceptive strike, sneak attack undead, ghost touch, aligned attack, sneak attack constructs, planar attack, or synaptic disconnect.

I'm trying to think of an ability that would let me apply the same effect twice.

I thought the Splitting weapon enhancement seemed like a potential candidate because it expressly makes every arrow share the same effects, but even though in the fiction it would be one attack, in the mechanics there are separate attack rolls.
I also doublechecked the Arrowsplit spell, which does also say the duplicated arrows are identical, but again, separate rolls.
The Manyshot feat seemed like a potential candidate because although it only asks for one attack, it doesn't have verbiage like Splitting about making the arrows identical with similar effects.

I'm wracking my brain now because there's enough junk in this game that I'm sure something lets me double-Augment, but the only things I'm coming up with are Synad (at most 2/day), or something with Ruby Knight Vindicator that I'm sure couldn't make sense outside gestalt.

Any ideas?

remetagross
2022-06-20, 05:51 PM
Well, as far as I can tell, nothing in the Augment text for picking 2 augments at once at level sayl you cannot pick the same augment twice.