PDA

View Full Version : Platform for mini-missions for followers

ShedShadow
2022-06-20, 05:04 AM
Basically, I want to DM a campaign in which the PC's have armies, followers, etc. I want a platform, website, app, whatever, which will let me post assignments that these allies can do that starts a timer indicating when the mission will be finished. Think of it like an idle game kind of thing where you click, wait, get rewards. Any ideas?

For more fluff about the setting, read on. The question is simply as above.
__

The world is essentially a metagame world. The PC's will be archons of a sort, with a directive to protect a certain city-state, let's call it Boulderkeep for now. These archons have the power to create a vessel of their choosing, which will be placed in Boulderkeep (I.e. character creation), and they will interact through these vessels. The archons will never play in their archon forms. That means the players can talk to each other about levels, builds, feats, skills, and team composition, inclusing the way they talk about the world (e.g. "Look, this goblin has four fighter levels"). When their character dies, they get to create a new vessel of their choosing, with no penalty. That means they can adapt their team as they choose, simply by killing their vessel. The catch: they respawn without equipment, so as a party they must use what they find/buy.

Boulderkeep is essentially a city-state built on the dependency of dungeons that refresh every 24 hours. The city-state has labeled the dungeons with levels, and for some amount of gold the city-state sells maps and monster entries to those who wish to enter. To enter a dungeon the players must make a reservation, so that they can enter in a certain 24-hour slot. As they gain allies, they can send their allies to a dungeon to get the rewards, instead of going themselves. Essentially, once the players have cleared a dungeon themselves, they can let their allies auto-clear it with requirements x and y (for example, allied party must contain lvl 5 fighter, lvl 3 wizard, one potion of healing). To keep track of this easily between real-life tabletop sessions, I want an app or whatever to track this for me without me having to micromanage it.

So. Any ideas?

Warder
2022-06-20, 10:36 AM
I know exactly what you mean and I think it sounds great - however, I'd be very surprised if a customizable platform for this exists and is available to use. The unfortunate truth is you probably need to create it yourself (and I recommend making it a website, if so). Sorry!

Batcathat
2022-06-20, 10:47 AM
It should be possible to do something like that in Google Sheets, though it'd take some work, especially if you're unfamiliar with Sheets/Excel.

EDIT: Depends on how detailed you want to make it, obviously. If it's just "click here to start timer" with some information attached, that should be easy (though I'm not sure I've every actually used it like that, so there's a slight chance I'm totally wrong. :smalltongue: )