PDA

View Full Version : Will targeting trasmutation spells?

Mrark
2022-06-20, 03:09 PM
I am currently player a wizard focussed on trasmutation spells (expecially as save or suck/save or die), and I was wondering if there were any offensive spells belonging to trasmutation school that could target will (or even reflex) saves: the motivation is that me and my party are going to face a sort of mutated tarrasque (in fact, it looks like to siamese tarrasque, and it's the "animal companion" of the BBEG, so I expect this guy to have slightly better stats than a normal tarrasque, + a good variety of some other bonuses and skills). I'd simply like not to be useless :smallbiggrin:
My highest save dcs for my trasmutation spells are around 44, 40 for buffed non trasmutation spells, around 38/36 for some other normal, non-empowered spells.

noob
2022-06-20, 03:13 PM
There is a wizard acf that allows to make a spell you choose be a spell of the transmutation school.
It is probably not the only way to get one but it is one way to.

Mrark
2022-06-20, 03:42 PM
There is a wizard acf that allows to make a spell you choose be a spell of the transmutation school.
It is probably not the only way to get one but it is one way to.

Thanks noob.
Ahahahhahah jokes aside, how can I get ACF at level 20? :smalleek:

ciopo
2022-06-20, 04:00 PM
Greater bestow curse is trasmutation in complete divine, but it got changed to necromancy in spell compendium and is touch range besides

There's trasmute rock to lava but that one is blasting, not SoS/L

Dimers
2022-06-20, 04:09 PM
The bolded ones are those a wizard can cast without pulling off alternate lists.

backlash (spell compendium, wizard 4th)
body harmonic (spell compendium, not a wizard spell)
cast in stone (magic of faerun, not a wizard spell)
chill metal / heat metal (PHB, not a wizard spell)
curse of ill fortune (spell compendium, not a wizard spell)
entangle (PHB, not a wizard spell)
entangling scarf (complete arcane, not a wizard spell)
greater slide (spell compendium, wizard 2nd)
halt (PHB2, wizard 3rd)
impeding stones (cityscape, not a wizard spell)
inner beauty (fiendish codex I, not a wizard spell)
ironthunder horn (spell compendium, wizard 2nd)
jungle's rapture (spell compendium, not a wizard spell)
languor (spell compendium, not a wizard spell)
lightning leap (complete mage, wizard 5th)
mantle of the fiery spirit (sandstorm, not a wizard spell)
master's lament (heroes of horror, corrupt spell 6th) -- this should apply if the tarrasque is empathically linked in a way similar to a familiar or animal companion
path of frost (dragon magic, wizard 1st) -- technically fits the requirements, but the placement makes it pretty useless
slow (PHB, wizard 3rd)
spike growth / spike stones (PHB, not wizard spells)
transmute rock to lava (spell compendium, wizard 9th) -- the tarrasque is immune to the fire damage but not the speed/attack/AC reduction
trip vine (heroes of battle, not a wizard spell)
undeniable gravity (miniatures handbook, wizard 2nd) -- if your BBEG has granted his pet a fly speed
vulnerability (spell compendium, wizard 5th) -- have fun with the Touch range