View Full Version : A suggestion for a yuan ti character

Entessa
2022-06-21, 03:22 PM
If you were a yuan-ti, wounded in a battle, left for dead but not killed yet

and a servant of a certain good god came

and she healed you

thinking that you are more than what meets the eye

who is the God of that servant

and which god would be appealing enough for a fleeing Yuan-ti that is trying to escape/or not make himself known to be in a certain place or location?

LibraryOgre
2022-06-21, 03:36 PM

and she healed you

and which god would be appealing enough for a fleeing Yuan-ti that is trying to escape/or not make himself known to be in a certain place or location?

A lot depends on where you are, and who you were before.

For where you are, what pantheons are around? In the Forgotten Realms, it might well be Ilmater, who eases suffering and sees the potential for good. In the Kingdoms of Kalamar, it's probably the Lord of Silver Linings, whose priests dispense healing to those who need it.

But then you also have examples like Drizzt, who became a disciple of Mielikki, because a ranger who healed him was such.

Pauly
2022-06-21, 03:51 PM
Helm. I know Helm is more Lawful than Good, but there are LG clerics of Helm. Specifucally the Watchers of the Fallen are battlefield clerics devoted to healing the wounded so it is very plausible for one of them to heal the wounded Yuan-Ti.

Helm is unemotional and unsympathetic. Which to me fits a Yuan-Ti’s worldview. I can see a YT accepting Helm placing a duty on the YT as a reasonable transaction and one that needs to be fulfilled. This can be used as a carrot to motivate the YT as it can be that the obligation can be discharged by completing a specific task.

Also Helmites will protect the YT if Helm has ordered it regardless of other interests. If the YT backslides into evil ways they risk losing the protection of Helm. Which is the stick to keep the YT on the straight and narrow.

Millstone85
2022-06-21, 05:24 PM
It might be too convenient but how about Jazirian, the LG serpent god who created the couatls?

KorvinStarmast
2022-06-21, 07:26 PM
My only suggestion for that character is best described by Warren Zevon (https://youtu.be/_TbfQPRgcS8).

GentlemanVoodoo
2022-06-22, 10:48 AM

and she healed you

If your asking in general a god associated with perhaps commerce or a trade might work. Allows one to blend as a local trades person or crafter of some type. A god associated with death/grave could world, masquerading as a mortician or something to that effect. A knowledge god could work as well, allowing one to be something of a teacher or private tutor which mostly go unnoticed.

But without knowing more can't really help if you without knowing the specifics of setting, etc. you will be playing in.

LibraryOgre
2022-06-23, 10:17 AM
My only suggestion for that character is best described by Warren Zevon (https://youtu.be/_TbfQPRgcS8).

I was thinking "Is this gonna be 'The Envoy' or 'Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner'", and you went entirely different. [appreciative]