PDA

View Full Version : Truncated Username

Secret Agent Man
2007-11-27, 07:53 AM
I encountered a misfortune upon registering on the forums. I didn't realize that this would happen until the welcome message said something like "Thanks for registering Secret Agent Ma!" I was wondering if someone could change my name to "SecretAgentMan" or some other variant that would fall under the maximum limit of characters allowed.

My apologies if this limit was on the registration page and I missed it.

Lord Herman
2007-11-27, 08:00 AM
That's odd. There are quite a few people around here with usernames much longer than yours.

Secret Agent Man
2007-11-27, 10:44 AM
That's odd. There are quite a few people around here with usernames much longer than yours.
Huh. If that's the case, then it's entirely possible that I merely misstyped my username upon registration. If the length of the username is indeed not the problem, then could someone append an "n" to the end of my username?

Azrael
2007-11-27, 10:57 AM
I'd suggest that you PM WampaX with the request.

Secret Agent Man
2007-11-30, 11:26 PM
It's been a couple of days and still no response. It's not a pressing matter, but I was hoping to get some kind of reply by this point...

Skippy
2007-11-30, 11:36 PM
I wouldn't get my hopes too high if I were you. Probably you did mistype your name while registering, and if that's the case then it is highly unlikely that they will change it.

Roland St. Jude
2007-11-30, 11:39 PM
I'd suggest that you PM WampaX with the request.

Try as Azrael suggests.

There's a name change request thread around here somewhere, but it's only for those who had a username inadvertantly fixed as the wrong thing during the board changeover. So it doesn't apply to you (and is very behind anyway).

So, in the absence of any other formal method for getting x board administration thing accomplished, the standard method is to PM WampaX.