PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Never-seen-before Iron Chef builds thread

H_H_F_F
2022-06-23, 05:00 PM
Do you have any builds or build ideas for previous Iron Chef rounds that you're really sorry you couldn't feature?

Maybe it's because the relevant round was before your time here, or because of IRL time constraints, or Vizzini - but whatever it was, you're stuck with this idea in your head and the round to use it has already passed.

Well, here is the place to share them with the people who'd appreciate them!

I'll start with my 2 big ones, both here simply because I joined the forums long after these rounds happened:

For the Green Star Adept round, I would've submitted the better version of my Imaskari vengeance taker entry: TN Hexblade 5/Knight of The Weave 1/ Abjurant champion 5/ Green Star Adept 9. Required feats: Practiced Spellcaster (Hexblade) at 6, Penumbra Bloodline at 9. Combat casting as bonus from Hexblade 5 takes care of the prereqs. Advance KoTW casting every time, but designate hexblade with martial arcanist.

This build reaches its full casting potential, 16 BaB, and has 5/6 (depending on race) open feats for martial stuff. So, it makes excellent use of the martial features of GSA, and has just few enough levels to have to avoid the terrible capstone. It has good Cha synergy, it uses uniquely weak ingredients, and it has a CL one higher than its level up to level 11, where it jumps to having a CL of 17 - and then it improves by 2 every following level, to a max of 35 by level 20.

I'd totally play this build, though I'll probably never get the chance.

For the Order of the bow Initiate round, I would've submitted The Question (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?641168-Junkyard-Wars-XXXV-Complete-Class-Complete-PrC-PHB-Classes&p=25345508&viewfull=1#post25345508), which I luckily got to submit to a different competition. I think she would've done well.

Those are mine. What are yours?

loky1109
2022-06-23, 05:16 PM
It's not about IC, but I have ideas (at least two) for previous VC rounds. I don't want to reveal, I still hope them will shoot somewhen.

For the Order of the bow Initiate round, I would've submitted The Question, which I luckily got to submit to a different competition. I think she would've done well.
Question is so cool! https://forums.giantitp.com/images/sand/icons/icon_thumbsup.png