PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to get Mord's ToF or Volo's on DnDBeyond now?

thorr-kan
2022-06-24, 05:46 PM
I know Tasha'a and the new Mord's have rendered the old content Legacy Content. But I prefer the Legacy Content for my game. Anybody got any suggestions beyond manually entering homebrew?

As an aside, has anyone got a DnDBeyond account with three or four of these supplements? Are they still useable for your account?

x3n0n
2022-06-24, 06:45 PM
As an aside, has anyone got a DnDBeyond account with three or four of these supplements? Are they still useable for your account?

I own Volo, MToF, Tasha, and MotM on DDB. Anything from Volo or MToF and any item from another source that has a different version in MotM (e.g. the Satyr race) is available, but displayed in lists with a large grey "Legacy" tag. It seems to function identically otherwise.

As far as getting new access to legacy content, I am not aware of any way, but I have not researched it either.

Envyus
2022-06-24, 07:10 PM
I know Tasha'a and the new Mord's have rendered the old content Legacy Content. But I prefer the Legacy Content for my game. Anybody got any suggestions beyond manually entering homebrew?

You can't buy them anymore, but if you already own them they don't go away.

thorr-kan
2022-06-25, 01:49 PM
Well, at least you get to keep them. My own fault; I got on that bandwagon late.

So about my only option would be to find an abandoned DnDBeyond account that had these.

Or time travel.

I'll start working on the second option; it's easier. :smallcool:

Psyren
2022-06-25, 02:38 PM
If you missed your chance to purchase the legacy content, there's another option: you could alter the new stuff using DDB's houserule functionality to regress it back to the old versions on an ad-hoc basis.

You'd have to do that for each race or monster you're trying to roll back but it could work.

tsotate
2022-06-25, 09:22 PM
You could find someone with the right membership tier and open campaign slots who already owns the old books, and they could create a campaign to share the sources.