PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Efreeti iterative slam

Omega913
2022-06-24, 06:12 PM
Hello, I want to play as an efreeti for an upcoming game, me and the DM both agreed to use the monster class presented in. Savage Species, the only question I have about the class is concerning the iterative slam attack.

My Question is: can you use both a weapon and the slam attack just like you would for any other natural weapon, or is the slam attack treated like a manifactured weapon?

Jack_Simth
2022-06-24, 07:46 PM
Natural weapon. So you wield a sword (or whatever) and Slam as a secondary.

Darg
2022-06-24, 08:37 PM
Natural attacks are not iterative without the Rapidstrike feat. You have one primary weapon and the rest are secondary. Take dragons as an example. The primary weapon is a bite attack and all the rest are secondary at -5 even though a colossal dragon has 7 of them. When you add manufactured weapons into the mix, you treat your manufactured weapons as primary (doing your normal attack routine) and all of your natural weapons as secondary. You can't attack with a natural weapon using a limb that was already used to attack. So the efreeti with 2 slams gives one of them up to attack with a sword for example as slam uses arm like appendages unless otherwise stated. However if you kick with an unarmed strike, you can still use both of your slams.

Omega913
2022-06-26, 10:27 AM
To quote Savage Species p.165: An efreeti has a slam attack that is a natural weapon dealing the indicated damage plus 1 1/2 times its Strength bonus. Efreet get iterative attacks (multiple attacks with the same weapon at a cumulative –5 penalty) with a slam.

Darg
2022-06-26, 05:04 PM
Savage species is 3.0 content. You need to update to 3.5 (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/genie.htm#efreeti), unless that 3.0 is what you want to use.