PDA

View Full Version : Anybody aware of a way to import characters into DnDBeyond?

thorr-kan
2022-06-29, 09:09 AM
I've got the basic membership and the 6 character limit. I print 'em and remove 'em from my list when I don't need them. I have a spare slot, but I haven't found any way to re-import one without retyping anything. Am I missing anything?

Emongnome777
2022-06-29, 03:08 PM
A paid membership. I think that’s the only way.

thorr-kan
2022-06-29, 04:43 PM
A paid membership. I think that’s the only way.
So I needs to find me a corporate sponsor...

Willowhelm
2022-06-29, 06:58 PM
Even with the paid I’m not aware of an “import” option. You just have unlimited slots so you don’t have to remove them in the first place.

You can transfer ownership of a character to another account though so if someone else (with a paid account) will hold onto them for you that is an option. You join a campaign with that character, unassign yourself, the other person claims it.

Easier is just to keep a note of the actual decisions and recreate the character in a few minutes. The key is the actual decisions and not the final character sheet. (Similar to how many builds are described on this forum.) That way you’re not trying to reverse engineer how you got there.

Psyren
2022-06-30, 10:32 AM
Yeah there is no direct export/import function. This would be a really nice addition later on.