PDA

View Full Version : Minotaur Grappler

ChaosStar
2022-07-02, 10:50 PM
So I have made a Minotaur Grappler using Ancestral Guardian and Rogue. Stats are 17/15/16/12/11/11. Originally I was going Guardian 5/Soulknife 15. Now I'm not so sure. I'm thinking of adding more Barb levels and switching from Soulknife to Phantom. New split thoughts are Guardian 7/Phantom 13, Guardian 8/Phantom 12, or Guardian 9/Phantom 11. I get Reliable Talent regardless, but not sure how much Barb to have.

Yakmala
2022-07-02, 11:19 PM
If you are going Ancestral Guardian, I suggest at least six levels to pick up Spirit Shield. It’s a literal lifesaver.

Skrum
2022-07-03, 11:28 AM
I would never go higher than barb 6, and even then it depends on the subclass. Some are worth going to 6 for, others you can skip out at 5.

Spirit Shield...idk, that looks questionable to me. Pretty good in the lower level ranges, but it stops scaling and if you're playing to T3-T4 (which I assume you are since you're planning out the whole build), that doesn't sound so worth it. Rogues have much stronger uses of their reaction than Spirit Shield, like uncanny dodge and landing sneak attack when it's not your turn.

Rogue and barb don't have great synergy btw. SA and rage are impossible to combine. If you want expertise the Skill Expert feat is probably the way to go, and do a barb/fighter multiclass instead.

Sorinth
2022-07-03, 01:46 PM
Rogue and barb don't have great synergy btw. SA and rage are impossible to combine. If you want expertise the Skill Expert feat is probably the way to go, and do a barb/fighter multiclass instead.

What do you mean they can't combine? You can SA using strength. One of the draws of the multiclass is the easy access to SA by using reckless attack.

Skrum
2022-07-03, 02:05 PM
What do you mean they can't combine? You can SA using strength. One of the draws of the multiclass is the easy access to SA by using reckless attack.

Yah someone else just corrected me on that....I totally got that wrong! Rogue is a pretty strong barb option