PDA

View Full Version : Wizard and Order Domain Cleric synergy

Degwerks
2022-07-06, 08:38 PM
I just just noticing the awesome synergy from a Wizard casting Vortex Warp and the 1st level power granted to Order Domain Clerics.

Vortex Warp
LEVEL 2nd
CASTING TIME 1 Action
RANGE/AREA 90 ft
COMPONENTS V, S
DURATION Instantaneous
SCHOOL Conjuration
ATTACK/SAVE CON Save
DAMAGE/EFFECT Teleportation
You magically twist space around another creature you can see within range. The target must succeed on a Constitution saving throw (the target can choose to fail), or the target is teleported to an unoccupied space of your choice that you can see within range. The chosen space must be on a surface or in a liquid that can support the target without the target having to squeeze.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, the range of the spell increases by 30 feet for each slot level above 2nd.

Voice of Authority
1st-level Order Domain feature

You can invoke the power of law to embolden an ally to attack. If you cast a spell with a spell slot of 1st level or higher and target an ally with the spell, that ally can use their reaction immediately after the spell to make one weapon attack against a creature of your choice that you can see.

If the spell targets more than one ally, you choose the ally who can make the attack.

Heck even casting a Cleric's bonus action Healing Word is going to give great results to your allies. Still giving you a standard action too for a cantrip attack or something.

What other spells are there, that can provide synergy to the Voice of Authority feature?

sithlordnergal
2022-07-06, 10:06 PM
Honestly, any spell that lets you target someone is a good choice. An interesting combo could be Devotion Paladin 9, and target them and a group of enemies with Hypnotic Pattern.

Akal Saris
2022-07-07, 02:10 AM
I made an order cleric/sorcerer build a while back to capitalize on Order Cleric's ability. Hoping to play it some time, it would be a lot like playing a 4E Warlord :)

Some other notable spells:

BA's:
- Healing Word
- Shield of Faith (concentration)
- Sanctuary

Reactions:
- Silvery Barbs (This one is the bee's knees: debuff an enemy, buff an enemy, trigger Order Cleric - all as a reaction)

Others that work with the ability:
Wither and Bloom - aoe weak dmg and weak heal
Freedom of the waves - weak aoe dmg and some allies can auto save (and then attack)
Haste
Bless
G. Invisibility

Bosh
2022-07-07, 02:49 AM
I made an order cleric/sorcerer build a while back to capitalize on Order Cleric's ability. Hoping to play it some time, it would be a lot like playing a 4E Warlord :)

Some other notable spells:

BA's:
- Healing Word
- Shield of Faith (concentration)
- Sanctuary

Reactions:
- Silvery Barbs (This one is the bee's knees: debuff an enemy, buff an enemy, trigger Order Cleric - all as a reaction)

Others that work with the ability:
Wither and Bloom - aoe weak dmg and weak heal
Freedom of the waves - weak aoe dmg and some allies can auto save (and then attack)
Haste
Bless
G. Invisibility

Would silvery barbs count though? I guess it depends on exactly how you're defining targetting and choose.

claypigeons
2022-07-07, 03:11 AM
Would silvery barbs count though? I guess it depends on exactly how you're defining targetting and choose.

It should count. Just because the ally isn't the first creature listed doesn't mean you don't target them.

Gignere
2022-07-07, 07:13 AM
Hell an evoker’s fireball works even with sculpt spells. So an order cleric / evoker will allow you to essentially pick whoever in the fireball gets a reaction attack given the radius.

Dalinar
2022-07-07, 07:57 AM
While we're talking about Order multiclasses, Order 1/Mastermind 3 lets you give the help action, Bless, and a reaction attack to a buddy on the same turn. Dunno if it's worth delaying your full casting by three levels, but there ya go.

Skrum
2022-07-07, 08:11 AM
Yah Order cleric is awesome. I've got a tortle wizard 1 cleric 1 paladin 2 (don't ask lol), and the order domain ability is one of his main features.

I would recommend looking at spells that can be cast as bonus actions. Still being able to attack while boosting an ally is really good.

Frogreaver
2022-07-07, 08:15 PM
I've always thought Order Cleric 1 + Twin Buff Sorcerers work well together.

As an example, Twin Haste + Voice of authority = you providing a total of 3 attacks to allies on turn 1. Then you can use a cantrip and a healing word / sanctuary / silvery barbs on subsequent turns to provide 3 attacks per turn. At some point one might consider adding 2 levels of warlock into the mix for alot more level 1 slots to use for bonus action spells and a stronger cantrip.

Dualight
2022-07-08, 05:49 AM
Doesn't work, only one ally may make the attack if there is more than one valid target: "If the spell targets more than one ally, you choose the ally who can make the attack."