PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Dungeon

ChudoJogurt
2022-07-07, 07:26 PM
Some time ago I found the Tomb of Abysthor. And it was a really cool dungeon with multiple interconnected levels.
Is there anything in any book/fan materials that have something similar?
I'm looking for a dungeon that's
-Has multiple (at least three) levels
-Has multiple points of connection between those levels, and preferably with not just adjacent levels,but with a chance to skip one or more.
- Just generally has a more complex layout
-Is mostly natural terrain (caves etc)
-Has reasonably decent looking map.

So far everyting I found is either mostly ruins with very square rooms and right-angle corridors, or j
sequentially connected with a single path leading through the map.
Any recommendations?

meschlum
2022-07-07, 11:05 PM
It's old, but if you can find it, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Halls_of_the_Dwarven_Kings might work. Lots of levels, complex layout, nice map, fun props. It is an ancient dwarven complex, so it's not natural caves, but it's an option.

Paragon
2022-07-08, 02:57 AM
I have DM'ed the Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil campaign some time ago and it completely fits the description you're looking for imho.
It's a huge dungeon crawl you will need days to prepare for.

ChudoJogurt
2022-07-08, 06:21 AM
I have DM'ed the Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil campaign some time ago and it completely fits the description you're looking for imho.
It's a huge dungeon crawl you will need days to prepare for.

I love the layout, but it's corridors and hallways, and I'm looking for something natural -- it's supposed to be sort of giant insect place, not ancient ruins.

Benji8070
2022-07-08, 07:25 AM
If you liked Tomb of Abysthor then you might want to look at some of the other Necromancer Games adventures. Rappan Athuk is a big one that is (from memory) about 50/50 on caverns and man-made areas. The original version maps aren't fantastic quality, but they were improved a lot for the 'Reloaded' version that came out later. Vault of Larin Karr is a sandbox adventure which contains a lot of cavern-like areas. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.