PDA

View Full Version : How do I embed images in a Discord post?

Palanan
2022-07-12, 11:08 AM
Trying to work with Discord for something work-related and I am quickly coming to ******* hate Discord.

How can I embed an image between two lines of text in a Discord post? I’ve been going round and round, but Discord is…not cooperating. It doesn’t behave in any way that’s remotely intuitive, and right now it’s severely endangering my calm.

Dame_Mechanus
2022-07-12, 11:14 AM
Just copying the image and then directly pasting it into Discord has always worked for me, whether using the web client or the standalone client.

Before going into any more detail, can I confirm that what you're trying to do is basically as follows?

[Discord text goes here]

[Image goes here]

[More Discord text goes here]

Palanan
2022-07-12, 11:16 AM
That's exactly what I'm trying to do, yes indeed.

Tried copy-pasting, but it simply won't take. Also tried inserting the image another way, but it keeps defaulting to above both lines of text, rather than between them.

Dame_Mechanus
2022-07-12, 11:33 AM
Yeah, there is no simple supported way to do that. If you insert the image, text you add will be inserted before the image no matter what. You will have to bracket it with separate posts, or you will have to put the text in the image itself through whatever means. You're not missing some obvious way of doing things, it's just not a supported goal.

Palanan
2022-07-12, 12:08 PM
I appreciate your help, thanks.

I’ve worked for years in print publication and website design, and I’m used to programs that put things where I want them. Hadn’t occurred to me that Discord simply couldn’t do this, but bracketing posts seems like a good workaround.

layla94
2022-07-20, 03:48 AM
When I try to change my embeds, they don't seem to load past the web hook. I'm sure I'm overlooking something from the video, but what exactly?