PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Breath Weapon Polymorph Item

Zaile
2022-07-13, 01:21 AM
Hey playground. I have a concept for a druid who wildshapes into harmless animals, like a housecat, then breathes fire.

I'm trying to work out the build, but the best breath weapon you can get outside Dragonfire Adept/Shaman is either half-dragon or dragonborn (heart). I'd prefer the racial route, as the class splits are not feasible, but there is no way I have found to let you use breath weapons while wildshaped/polymorphed, so I came up with this.

Need help flushing out the crafting requirements, costs and language.

Gorget of Breath

This amulet allows the wearer to use their natural breath weapon attack while under a polymorph effect such as wildshape or the polymorph spell, as long as the assumed form has a mouth. This item melds into the new form and is not rendered inert.

Moderate transmutation, CL 5th, Natural breath weapon or ability to cast spells that grant breath weapon; Price: 3,000 gp

Necklace of Gazing

This necklace adorned with intricate eye patterns allows the wearer to use their natural gaze attacks while under a polymorph effect such as wildshape or the polymorph spell as long as the assumed form has eyes. If the assumed for has fewer eyes than the base form, such as a beholder polymorphed into a human, it may use only a number of gaze attacks equal to the number of eyes the form has. It can choose which gaze attacks it can use. This item melds into the new form and is not rendered inert.

Moderate transmutation, CL 7th, Natural gaze or ability to cast spells that grant gaze attack; Price: 7,000 gp

Thanks in advance!