PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder build advice/ideas (new to class)

Aramis777
2022-07-13, 07:35 AM
Ok, so, I have never actually built a Bloodrager or used a prestige class in Pathfinder, ergo I ask for help.

I'm building a level 12 half-ogre Bloodrager/Dragon disciple
Was probably going to balance it as 7Bloodrager/6Dragon disciple
Robe of arcane heritage is going to be used.
Fairly certain he's going to use a greatsword or high crit equivalent (the name escapes me at the moment)
Armor wise.....either bracers or celestial armor with a big enhancement

One feat is going into leadership, his pair is a psionic Dread if you know the class, I am hesitant to post links to stuff, ask if needed.

(The half ogre race comes from Adamant entertainment (the DM is ok with some 3pp stuff)

The point of the build is basically to have him hit as hard as he can and survive any reprisal for now, it's still very much being designed, as I have yet to roll his stats (4d6 yadda yadda (hence an advice/help post)

We have a "Delete button" character, a few actually, I did want in on the fun but it isn't completely needed as I don't want a dumb brick of a character

His strength is going to be very high to start with, so boosting that is good, but not terribly needed (of nothing else boosting it means he does his job better)

Its going to sound odd, but the DM does like his hand made world and lore, so a few stipulations for the current game:

All dragons are extinct, have been for centuries, but bloodlines pop up here and there in weird wild places, this isn't the only weird caviat in this game, initially anything elemental based was outright not allowed due to them being all evil and unstable, I'll say something if it's unavailable

Summoning is troublesome, point of fact due to a player being a **** the summoner class is outright banned

Our party has access to an incredible income flow, so money isn't an issue to us (artificers are amazing)

Kurald Galain
2022-07-13, 09:32 AM
So what exactly is your question?

Bloodrager is one of the best melee strikers in the game. Dragon Disciple is lacklustre to mediocre; I'm not sure why you'd be using that except as flavor. In fact, draconic bloodline isn't particularly good on a bloodrager either; I'd recommend Arcane or Aberrant or Destined.

Since you can actually wear armor, there's not much point in getting bracers. Surviving reprisal is largely a matter of picking good defense spells; you don't really need spells to boost your damage output. And bloodragers don't summon anyway, so the ban on summons doesn't seem like a big deal. HTH.

Mnemius
2022-07-18, 11:26 AM
I hear high str 2 hand weapon hi-jinks.

So... if you count as humanoid, enlarge person and lead blades are fun buff spells.
Or get some boots of the winter jarl (magic item that 10 mins a day makes you a frost giant)

Not sure if Power Attack and then Furious Focus is your choice, but it's a lot of fun.